25-May-2010 - The Elemental Workshop III

Tim

elementalarmor.png

Was just a massive clue scroll puzzle. I love puzzles :D

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to move the three high sliders back to the tower deal that brought the middle thing down (if that makes any sense) It then brings the machine back up so that you are able to press the button.

Hope this helps!

Zensleek.png

elementalarmor.png

Was just a massive clue scroll puzzle. I love puzzles :D

Is it just me, or does the elemental body and mind body look like novite and marmoros chain? :P

Was the first thing I thought of Den :P

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Just finished the quest, without a guide. It's 4:09am (I started when I got home from work.....at midnight), I'm tired. The Jagex employee who thought up that puzzle needs to be shot, lol. Once I understood what to do with the puzzle, since the quest journal was NO HELP WHATSOEVER, it wasn't too bad and I actually enjoyed doing the puzzle. Usually when I'm stuck in a quest I can look at the Quest Journal and get at least some what of an idea of what I need to do. Not in this quest. Fun puzzle, poorly thought out in terms of helpful-if-you're-stuck stuff. I'm too tired to go on, I'm going to bed.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Doing the puzzle once is fine, but repeating part of it for every bar is just an unnecessary pain in the [wagon]. And I'm really disappointed with the reward. A few hours spent on the quest to unlock that piece of [cabbage] that I'll never wear? And I better waste a bank space to store it in case it's needed for a future quest/diary/slayer monster/whatever.

Sometimes the journey is the best reward.

couldn't have said it better myself, Den. But part of me sure does agree with Hk.

Anyone else find is strange that someone went to the trouble of building all of this massive machinery to produce what is the most fail gear ever? Body body is 17 mage defense. Even green dragonhide body has more. And this wouldn't even be useful to noobs because what noob has the attention span to solve such a godamned tedious puzzle? Oh well at least it looks nice I guess. :unsure: Hope the unimaginable feats of engineering were worth it.

Anyone else find is strange that someone went to the trouble of building all of this massive machinery to produce what is the most fail gear ever? Body body is 17 mage defense. Even green dragonhide body has more. And this wouldn't even be useful to noobs because what noob has the attention span to solve such a godamned tedious puzzle? Oh well at least it looks nice I guess. :unsure: Hope the unimaginable feats of engineering were worth it.

attention span Is irrelevant, seeing as most will use a guide. And I think the armour is mainly for looks anyway. But, like someone said, it'll probably have some use later on. ;)

If you read the books you'll pick up on why its weak and why it might suddenly get awesome at the end.

Part 1: The inventor made the elemental metal but it sucked.

Part 2: He discovered how to prime the bar and infuse mind power into it, but it killed his apprentices to do so

Part 3: He turned to body power instead; it required immense energy for limited results. The results were violent etc and resulted in an armless apprentice and a few near dead

Basically these powers can't make awesome metals without killing us; but in each case we the player are clearly stronger than normal people as we have survived charging the bars.

When we get to a bar type that it nearly kills US to charge we are gonna get some power

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you read the books you'll pick up on why its weak and why it might suddenly get awesome at the end.

Part 2: He discovered how to prime the bar and infuse mind power into it, but it killed his apprentices to do so

Part 3: He turned to body power instead; it required immense energy for limited results. The results were violent etc and resulted in an armless apprentice and a few near dead

Basically these powers can't make awesome metals without killing us; but in each case we the player are clearly stronger than normal people as we have survived charging the bars.

When we get to a bar type that it nearly kills US to charge we are gonna get some power

As long as the puzzle to aquire this power doesnt kill us before the power to infuse it into a bar does. :P

Whats next? Chaos, Blood, Soul... Death... 4 more Elemental workshops <_<

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Whats next? Chaos, Blood, Soul... Death... 4 more Elemental workshops <_<

Just Blood and Soul I think.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I wonder if the Soul armor will actually turn out to be fairly decent.

If you think about it, with the addition of Body Legs, full Body armor could probably come close to rivaling Mystic armor.

With the addition of two more types of metals, Blood and Soul, it should be at least more powerful than Mystic. Hopefully the Soul armor would compete as an alternative PvP magic armor.

One could only hope, am I right?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

First off, I ''loved'' the puzzle.

The idea behind a multi-part puzzle with a certain 3D aspect and a limited moves is quite well thought out.

To bad you have to RUN TO EVERY SINGLE DARN BUTTON. Not to think of when you do something wrong, you get in the tedious process of having to reverse the whole darn thing. I have hated this way of puzzles ever since the Telegrab room in the Mage Training Arena. It is a mayor let-down from their part to make a hard puzzle this tedious.

The idea behind the puzzle :thumbup: :thumbup: (Yes 2 thumbs up), next time work it out better. Now even with a guide (yes I've used a guide because I just simply couldn't take another try.. every move is a big wait) it took almost an hour! That is just to long..

I love sliding puzzles / riddles .. a lot of different puzzles which require a quick mind. So keep creating such puzzles, just make them 'easier' to solve once you have the solution.

As for the rewards.. Nobody in their right mind who unlocks this item will be using it. Unless it is required for a specific monster / quest. Big let-down on the reward as it basically will never be used other then in costumes. Could have at least made the requirements a tad higher and then made it equal to Red D-hide or so?

Can't wait for EW4 :D

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

First off, I ''loved'' the puzzle.

The idea behind a multi-part puzzle with a certain 3D aspect and a limited moves is quite well thought out.

To bad you have to RUN TO EVERY SINGLE DARN BUTTON. Not to think of when you do something wrong, you get in the tedious process of having to reverse the whole darn thing. I have hated this way of puzzles ever since the Telegrab room in the Mage Training Arena. It is a mayor let-down from their part to make a hard puzzle this tedious.

The idea behind the puzzle :thumbup: :thumbup: (Yes 2 thumbs up), next time work it out better. Now even with a guide (yes I've used a guide because I just simply couldn't take another try.. every move is a big wait) it took almost an hour! That is just to long..

I love sliding puzzles / riddles .. a lot of different puzzles which require a quick mind. So keep creating such puzzles, just make them 'easier' to solve once you have the solution.

As for the rewards.. Nobody in their right mind who unlocks this item will be using it. Unless it is required for a specific monster / quest. Big let-down on the reward as it basically will never be used other then in costumes. Could have at least made the requirements a tad higher and then made it equal to Red D-hide or so?

Can't wait for EW4 :D

This is the first thing I thought while doing the puzzle as well. For something that is a little challenging, it's ruined by running around all the time. But if you look at this in the storyline, it does make sense. The body altar simply requires you to run around, and for almost an hour. That way it became a little more pleasant (and is why I actually chose to not use the infinite turns, it would make the whole thing too easy / too little tedious.

Scherzo.png

Finally got my quest cape back, and I hate the nerf on the emote. It looks like im getting thrown against a wall with heavy wind in shooting at me.

Seriously i dont mind them making it smoother or adding particals but dont change an emote, especially a well liked one

Agreed, I don't like the start where it looks like you're charging up dbz style or soemthing. I would preferr the old hang time over the new shininess.

EDIT: That aside, it's still one of the bad assest emotes.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Finally got my quest cape back, and I hate the nerf on the emote. It looks like im getting thrown against a wall with heavy wind in shooting at me.

Seriously i dont mind them making it smoother or adding particals but dont change an emote, especially a well liked one

Agreed, I don't like the start where it looks like you're charging up dbz style or soemthing. I would preferr the old hang time over the new shininess.

EDIT: That aside, it's still one of the bad assest emotes.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks as if someone's ramming a pole up your rectum and twirling you round?

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Remember the apparently useless shield became key for stopping ice breath. For all we know this could be the best armour ever for making corporeal beast do half damage later this week.

But for the only stat being magic defense... couldn't I just wear druid robes or anything to get that and more at 33 defense. (for the whole set?)

Body body was kinda cheezy, but if the quest line is 5 long, it would have possibly been better to have boots/gloves then a skirt first.

Boots might be useful, actually, easily coming to highest magic defense for the slot.

But danm, really, can't we get an instruction manual for this machine rather than a picture that might be "how to operate a lever"?

And the camera angles kinda suck, if you use the overview (which took me five minutes to find) so you can actually see into the pit, several levers are obscured, and a tile is compleatly hidden, not to mention you can't see the actual number on the counter.

I do however, want to have a bossfight against crazed half elemental mindless apprentice (because of course his arm is replaced with blood metal [dragonite bar?])

Elemental Workshop is seriously the only quest line I hate. After finally getting down to it, it took me like 45 mins to do every single puzzle.

My problem is that the quest has nothing more than finding a book, doing some basic puzzles and smithing a piece of armour. Almost no lore, almost no plot. I had forgotten everything about parts I and II. I hope the next installment will make a few years to make.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

This quest rivals MEP2 in tediousness.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

It's the puzzle quest equivalent of Nomad's Requiem basically. Oh wait, that quest gave us a useful reward. Nevermind... <_<

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.