25-May-2010 - The Elemental Workshop III

Tim

Finally got my quest cape back, and I hate the nerf on the emote. It looks like im getting thrown against a wall with heavy wind in shooting at me.

Seriously i dont mind them making it smoother or adding particals but dont change an emote, especially a well liked one

Agreed, I don't like the start where it looks like you're charging up dbz style or soemthing. I would preferr the old hang time over the new shininess.

EDIT: That aside, it's still one of the bad assest emotes.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks as if someone's ramming a pole up your rectum and twirling you round?

I was thinking a massive fart instead of a pole tbh....

a70c7.png

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the puzzle quest equivalent of Nomad's Requiem basically. Oh wait, that quest gave us a useful reward. Nevermind... <_<

Except the battle against Nomad was actually quite new in many ways of gameplay, the simple combat system of RuneScape taken to the next (and hopefully last) level. The RuneScape combat system can't really handle anything more epic in terms of combat.

The puzzle was just a treasure trails slide puzzle with a few more grids and a longer wait time between moves. It brought almost nothing new to the whole game, it was just the same stuff with some annoying changes added. I personally call this the single worst quest in the whole game and hope the whole elemental workshop will be ditches as a questline.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

This quest rivals MEP2 in tediousness.

Agreed :thumbup:

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Rivals mep2? This puzzle is really nothing compared to the mep2 puzzle. This quest took me a little over an hour to complete, while I don't even have an idea of how long time mep2 took me. The light puzzle, over three floors, (where each of the floors are quite big), and with problems getting from one mirror to another made that puzzle both harder and more tedious, in my opinion at least.

Of course, I could be mistaken, can you point out how this puzzle quest is as bad (even though I liked both) as mep2?

Scherzo.png

The quest took me the entire day yesterday -_-

Trying to find the right youtube videos to guide me through each part was a nightmare too. Most people missclicked, losing my move bonus, and others had me find out I just did the exact same puzzle at the end of their guide lol. However I did find a guide to that infinite moves thing, which allowed me to complete it in the end.

Oh well... at least I now have a very smexy cyan+deep blue top for my outfit collection :) ah yes and the attack cape emote is epic now. Karate anyone? Chop chop! Hyyyahhh!

2vuhgcn.png

[spoiler=on the infinite moves trick]Yeah, apparently engaging both tickerboxxes at the same time strips the counter mechanism... making you wonder what it was there for in the first place. Jam the motor and get a perpetual motion machine? I may have skipped mechanics 101 that day, but something don't sound right about it.

WOW!! What a dandy puzzle that was..... :eek: I am soo glad to be outta of that place I never really cared for the Elemental Quest's. Finished the quest this morning after tons of stupid mistakes. :lol:

P.S.

I found the step by step instructions when I was half way done with the quest, which made the process sooo much easier.

queenvalerie.png

I think that since you are now able to purchase the purple Elemental Body through the Grand Exchange, most people who had tried the puzzle, or refuse to use a guide and couldn't complete the quest may just give up, seeing as they can just purchase the reward. ;)

Just bought mine, 11K in GE. Took about 5 minutes, and I rather like it.

I think that since you are now able to purchase the purple Elemental Body through the Grand Exchange, most people who had tried the puzzle, or refuse to use a guide and couldn't complete the quest may just give up, seeing as they can just purchase the reward. ;)

Just bought mine, 11K in GE. Took about 5 minutes, and I rather like it.

There can't be buyers without sellers. You making any spares to sell? I know I'm not. :razz:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

This puzzle was way more difficult than Nomad's puzzles. Nomad was a joke. The only thing I don't like about this quest is the fact that they let one of the best puzzles in the game be fitted into such a horrifically managed quest series.

Puzzle 10/10

Quest 3/10 (Only because the puzzle was that awesome)

120dgl.jpg

Kinda unhappy bout the new quest cape emote, it looks a tad boring now. I liked the way the character moved in the old emote, now it just lifts and rotates.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

I don't think a quest has frustrated me so much before in Runescape :lol: It's a nice sense of accomplishment doing it without a guide, though I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have much patience :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Well EW2 came out in 2006, with EW3 in 2010. I guess I'll see you all in 2014 when EW4 comes out.

That was because Mod Dylan resigned, but he's back now. That's also why the Elve series stopped (maybe the Dwarven one too, not sure about that), because he was the curator and had designed most of the plots. Now he is back and we can expect some more quests from him. Well, maybe not Elven, as they need better graphic thingies to make a real crystal-like city.

You need to reset the puzzle, you are out of moves. The lower left and right spots, with the yellow arrows, if you connect to those, you get additional moves. As well, it's a good idea to prepare to swap back and forth from the pillar to the far mechanism easily, since you will need to do it a lot.

My elemental key disappeared.