25-May-2010 - The Elemental Workshop III

Tim

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So two questions:

1) Did the quest add any more to the story, or is it just a quest made for the sake of the puzzle the same way Nomad's Requiem was a quest for the sake of the fight?

2) Is there any other doors or something to indicate another new quest in this chain?

since when did EW ever have a story? And there's a blocked tunnel down there that could mean more doors beyond that.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

[hide=Full Body Set]100525200943.png[/hide]

[hide=Body Helmet]100525201027.png[/hide]

[hide=Body Body]100525201002.png[/hide]

[hide=Body Shield]100525201016.png[/hide]

[hide=Examines]100525201108.png[/hide]

I hope the (final?) soul set will have some proper (read: useful) stats/attributes

/edit: just noticed the shield and helmet have the same stats as their mind counterparts, except for summoning defence. How nice.

Lord_Beloved.png

Finally completed this quest!

So glad that I didn't use a guide, that would have made it really boring and would have resulted in no sense of acheivement that I now feel.

Actually enjoyed it, it has left me feeling satisfied, not frustrated. And it definately leaves things open for more in the series.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

That puzzle... was... horrible...

It wasn't even that difficult, it just took so damn long. After I charged the center, I ran around for 30 minutes not knowing what to do. I figured out to stick a primed bar into the slot by the control room, but once inside, there was nothing I could do. Then I find out you need to raise the center again, so I have to do that again. Then I finally get my body bar, I run upstairs to smith my body body (lol body body), and it turns out I need two body bars. So I run out, mine some more coal, get another elemental bar, prime it, then I go into the control room to charge it, and... I have to do the puzzle again. So I do that, move around all the blocks, and then I notice that I put them in the wrong position, then I get them in the right position, then I raise the center again and FINALLY I'm done.

Now I want a body helmet and body shield. Guess what? I have to do that [bleep]ing sliding puzzle TWO MORE TIMES. It wouldn't be so bad if maybe you didn't have to run miles back and forth between the levers, but yes, they learned from their mistakes at the telekinetic theatre at the mage training arena, and made it even worse. Instead of traversing a simple, easily memorized maze, you have to complete a complex puzzle that takes a long time to preform even one move. Not to mention it's in a turn limit, and you have to repeat the same puzzle FIFTY [bleep]ING TIMES.

P.S. Quest cape emote sucks now. You look like a [wagon] floating into the air, but now we have particle effects added in! No explosions, just sparkles in this one.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

[hide=Full Body Set]100525200943.png[/hide]

[hide=Body Helmet]100525201027.png[/hide]

[hide=Body Body]100525201002.png[/hide]

[hide=Body Shield]100525201016.png[/hide]

[hide=Examines]100525201108.png[/hide]

I hope the (final?) soul set will have some proper (read: useful) stats/attributes

/edit: just noticed the shield and helmet have the same stats as their mind counterparts, except for summoning defence. How nice.

That's it?

Dear lord, why do they keep on making more of these?

You won't use ANY of the items but shield, and that too only rarely at Wyverns...

The items are just plain horrible and the puzzle too time consuming...

Just got back here and already feel like leaving.

VIX VIX VIX

Did someone already post the patch notes?

[hide]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Several female tops have had their midriff area adjusted to meet the waistline, as promised.

* Fixed a problem where some players couldn't successfully run the auto-setup graphics option first time around.

* Stopped some water going uphill.

* A barrel of apples on Lunar Isle should no longer become invisible.

* The statue of Arrav in the Heroes Guild has been updated.

* Fixed a problem with black demons feet.

* Removed some random blocking in Al Kharid and Lumbridge.

* We've carefully re-grown the top of a tree in Brimhaven.

* Updated Chaeldar's chathead on the interface of the lunar spellbooks Contact spell.

* Updated the images for the torch and skull torch in the Construction skill guide.

* Fixed a render problem with a boat during a cutscene.

* Improved the animations when leaving the jail at the Desert Mining Camp.

* Re-textured gargoyles when they're being smashed.

* Reattached a floating branch to the Grand Tree.

* Fixed the glow effect of the Law Altar.

* Flattened some of the sea near Waterbirth Island.

* The Lighthouse light now spins once more!

* Fixed a problem with the images on the loom interface.

* Flags on Neitiznot and Jatizso no longer fly through their poles.

* Fixed several mapping problems with the Port Phasmatys dock area.

* Re-modelled some of the scenery in the Great Orb Project area.

* Improved the POH toy box interface buttons.

* Fixed the icon for unstrung maple longbows.

* Fixed the ladders in the Rune Essence mine.

* The workbench in the Crafting Guild no longer sticks up through the ceiling.

* A patch of grass has been firmly rooted to the floor.

* Correctly animated the coloured whip's special attack.

* Adjusted the animation for the talon beast's Deadly Claw attack to show all three attacks.

* Added a bell to Tindal Marchant's stall.

Audio

* Thunder can now be heard near Castle Drakan.

* Improved the songs 'Expecting', 'Upcoming' and 'Scape Soft'.

Quests

* Removed some old code from the Black Knights Fortress quest.

* Clarified some of the text in Meeting History.

* Corrected the Underground Pass quest journal reference to cages instead of crates.

* Corrected the Mournings Ends Part I quest complete scroll.

* Rantz should now talk to you about the various quests he's involved with at the right times.

* Removed a fair amount of old code from the Desert Treasure and Ghosts Ahoy quests.

* The Wise Old Man can now look at items you may have from The Blood Pact.

Activities and Distractions & Diversions

* Adjusted one of the locations you teleport to with the superior locator.

* Improved some of the core Fish Flingers code.

* The doors in Fish Flingers now open the other way.

* Fixed some positioning of icons on the Rat Pits interface.

* Improved the ladder minimap information in Barbarian Assault.

Miscellaneous

* Reduced the clickable size of the XP counter reset button.

* Fixed a typo when chartering boats and discussing the cost of the journey.

* Adjusted the chat box to better fit some characters.

* Strykewyrms can still be damaged even if you've recently been in combat with ogres.

* Fixed a problem with clockwork cats and the follower interface.

* Fixed the servant section of the Construction skill guide.

* Corrected the ops on dramen branches.

* Moved an unreachable fishing spot in the Fish Flingers D&D.

* Corrected the pouch crafting interface for the granite lobster and praying mantis.

* Fixed the dungeon entrance near the volcano on Crandor.

* Protect item and Turmoil no longer conflict depending on which way around they were selected.

* Removed some old chat from Donie.

* Dropping and picking up a raven shouldn't change which version you have.

* Cleared a bit of vegetation to allow access to the bridge near Mos LeHarmless.

* Updated a large amount of the older Farming code.

* Godswords can now be found in the Attack skill guide.

* The speed at which Summoning potions could be made was a bit too fast.

* Clarified the message when using the hollow log shortcut while in various monkey forms.

* Fixed a problem with your POH rotating the garden portal unexpectedly.

* Close the servant going to the bank interface when necessary.

* Sped up the time it takes to get through the barrier to Port Phasmatys if you've completed Ghosts Ahoy.

* Clarified the message when using the bones from Restless Ghost on an altar or the bone grinder.

* Reduced the XP given when thieving from certain chests in the Thieves Guild.

* You will now get consistent messages when watering fruit or tree saplings.

* Beavers will no longer attempt to chop down tree trunks.

Dungeoneering

* The anti-poison totem now works against enchanted emerald bolts.

* Corrected the examine info for bound celestial gloves.

* Boosted Agility now replenishes you run rate correctly in Daemonheim.

* Stopped 2x2 NPCs preventing players entering a dungeon room if they stood in the doorway.

* Fixed the bound version of the shadow silk hood.

* Rotated a chest in Dungeoneering so it's not blocked by a pillar.

* Gluttonous behemoth was spelt incorrectly on the Adventurer's Log.

* Corrected the level required message when combining gissel mushrooms and blue crab potatoes.

* Corrected the Dungeoneering item purchase prices in the Adventurer's Log. [/hide]

If anyone gets the chance, can you find out exactly where in each location does the fisherman appear to tele you to fish fligners.

The new locations are Piscatoris, Shilo Village and Barbarian Village

Thanks to anyone in advance :thumbsup:

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

For thoose who want a "logical" way to leave this puzzle for efficient bar making in the future I realised this setup:

puzzlek.jpg

In A (theres a short blokc hidden behind centre pillar):

Pull Green, Blue, Green, Red to drop the centre and charge it (this produces B )

In B:

Pull Yellow, Blue to raise the centre (and produce A)

This also works if the bottom left corner block is on the right hand side, you just move the blue lever to the other side as well

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]

For thoose who want a "logical" way to leave this puzzle for efficient bar making in the future I realised this setup:

puzzlek.jpg

In A (theres a short blokc hidden behind centre pillar):

Pull Green, Blue, Green, Red to drop the centre and charge it (this produces B)

In B:

Pull Yellow, Blue to raise the centre (and produce A)

[/hide]

I have it the same way. :)

Hmm,

I wonder if EW IV or EW V will involve the ability to craft Soul Armor parts. I can just imagine it now:

80 Smithing, Runecrafting and Magic just to make a Soul Bar. Then, for the magic armor parts, all three of those skills must be at ever higher levels to smith them: 87 for the helm, 92 for the shield, 96 for the legs and 98 in all three to create a soul platebody. Wonder what stats should be like to justify such high requirements and tedious time it'd take to make?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

[hide=Spoiler-ish]All I can say about this quest is: I'm pretty disappointed. I spent 2 hours running around pulling levers and crap only to end up with a shield that's only slightly better for fighting wyverns. Oh, and the "tome" you get? Doesn't appear. We're supposed to get defence xp too, but.... didn't get any of that either..... just 2k smithing xp, a body good only for aesthetics, if that, and a shield that's only slightly better for a Slayer task most people rarely even accept.

On a slightly related topic...

The book used to start the quest mentions an arm made out of the body material..... I wanna make one.[/hide]

a70c7.png

All I can say about this quest is: I'm pretty disappointed. I spent 2 hours running around pulling levers and crap only to end up with a shield that's only slightly better for fighting wyverns. Oh, and the "tome" you get? Doesn't appear. We're supposed to get defence xp too, but.... didn't get any of that either..... just 2k smithing xp, a body good only for aesthetics, if that, and a shield that's only slightly better for a Slayer task most people rarely even accept.

On a slightly related topic...

[hide=Spoiler-ish]The book used to start the quest mentions an arm made out of the body material..... I wanna make one.[/hide]

We are so gonna run into this inventor at some point.

The plain elemental was deemed cruddy.

He made mind metal but his apprentices minds were totally fried (yet we survived)

He then made body metal, but it basically killed his apprentices and was full of violence and anger etc (yet we are fine)

Theres a pattern developing, we be special in that we don't die when imbuing these metals

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That puzzle... was... horrible...

It wasn't even that difficult, it just took so damn long. After I charged the center, I ran around for 30 minutes not knowing what to do. I figured out to stick a primed bar into the slot by the control room, but once inside, there was nothing I could do. Then I find out you need to raise the center again, so I have to do that again. Then I finally get my body bar, I run upstairs to smith my body body (lol body body), and it turns out I need two body bars. So I run out, mine some more coal, get another elemental bar, prime it, then I go into the control room to charge it, and... I have to do the puzzle again. So I do that, move around all the blocks, and then I notice that I put them in the wrong position, then I get them in the right position, then I raise the center again and FINALLY I'm done.

Now I want a body helmet and body shield. Guess what? I have to do that [bleep]ing sliding puzzle TWO MORE TIMES. It wouldn't be so bad if maybe you didn't have to run miles back and forth between the levers, but yes, they learned from their mistakes at the telekinetic theatre at the mage training arena, and made it even worse. Instead of traversing a simple, easily memorized maze, you have to complete a complex puzzle that takes a long time to preform even one move. Not to mention it's in a turn limit, and you have to repeat the same puzzle FIFTY [bleep]ING TIMES.

P.S. Quest cape emote sucks now. You look like a [wagon] floating into the air, but now we have particle effects added in! No explosions, just sparkles in this one.

Or you can buy them from other players, I just got my shield and help for about 50k from someone I saw hanging aroung the G.E.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

how do you know if you even do the puzzle correctly?? i Did the first puzzle but no messages or nothing appeared do i just go right to number 2?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Hmm,

I wonder if EW IV or EW V will involve the ability to craft Soul Armor parts. I can just imagine it now:

80 Smithing, Runecrafting and Magic just to make a Soul Bar. Then, for the magic armor parts, all three of those skills must be at ever higher levels to smith them: 87 for the helm, 92 for the shield, 96 for the legs and 98 in all three to create a soul platebody. Wonder what stats should be like to justify such high requirements and tedious time it'd take to make?

Did you see the requirements for this HORRIBLE quest? Next one will be like 40. <_<

Hmm,

Did you see the requirements for this HORRIBLE quest? Next one will be like 40. <_<

I love how everyone was getting so excited about this update on the twitter hint thread :thumbup:

how do you know if you even do the puzzle correctly?? i Did the first puzzle but no messages or nothing appeared do i just go right to number 2?

Because stuff changes.

First the top right cogs, if done right the top right corner lowers.

The lower right cogs, if done right the counter near them turns to 50

The upper left cogs, if done right the top left corner lowers

The lower left cogs, if done right the counter near them jams and sparks (infinite moves)

The rear cogs, if done right the centre pillar comes down (and later goes up)

The centre pillar, if done right the thing on top if spins.

Plus I'm fairly sure they all give a message first time around.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Fail update. Cool the new skillcape emotes look alright. All the items look like a mentally challenged 4 year old drew them now and if I type in a clan chat then type with a "/" in regular it goes to the CC. Epic fail.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Elemental workshop quests have always been "puzzle quests", well part 1 was easy as hell, part 2 was little harder, and part 3 was pretty hard, so i don't really know why everyone is flaming about this quests, it never supposed to be "while guthix sleeps 2 "

Quest was fun, puzzle had some challenge for me it actually took longer than Nomand's Requiem .

I wonder if EW IV or EW V will involve the ability to craft Soul Armor parts. I can just imagine it now: 80 Smithing, Runecrafting and Magic just to make a Soul Bar. Then, for the magic armor parts, all three of those skills must be at ever higher levels to smith them; 87 for the helm, 92 for the shield, 96 for the legs and 98 in all three to create a soul platebody. Wonder what stats should be like to justify such high requirements and tedious time it'd take to make?

Unless they use some other rune like Cosmic, Nature or Laws then the next in the series is Soul (Mind, Body, Soul). Being such a high level rune, it would make sense that it would have such a high level reward (and likely be a really difficult quest with more annoying puzzles and higher requirements). Of course, it took how many years for this sequel to come out? Doubt the next one will be out even next year. Although, they could likely be going for a quick finish to the quest series this summer.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit