Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

Can anyone tell me if the rapier would be any good at TDS?

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Can anyone tell me if the rapier would be any good at TDS?

yes its amazing. (Whip is amazing as well)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Maul is better at TDs. Since it changes prayer, DPS really doesn't matter. A single 600+ hit is better than hitting a 300 and switching anyways.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Maul is better at TDs. Since it changes prayer, DPS really doesn't matter. A single 600+ hit is better than hitting a 300 and switching anyways.

Maul is better, but then you can't use deflector+karils top, and Rapier hits ~550's easily. Not to mention, my kills are ~40 seconds each anyways.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Actually, hitting 300 is great on a TD, because it means you can get another melee hit on the TD. Melee is much faster than range.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Which one is better for solo/team bandos?

Rapier, but most idiots wont accept a Rapier for team because they are somehow convinced that the CLS is better.

Actually CLS > Rapier at bandos, but only slightly.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

There is a vid on youtube where 2 guys duo bandos with a maul, cls and rapier. They both have overload and turm.

In the end they said that rapier is the best...

It's really a massive mess to consider which is best when you have all the possible boosts(max gear/ovl/turm/claws/steel titan) because it's next to impossible to tell which is best. Overall, it might turn out that because rapier/longsword are equal at bandos/TD's and noone melees sara, assuming you are maxed melee/herb/prayer, the CLS will become useless. If most people considered jagex to have done a great job on balancing the three weapons, then in reality, assuming you have all maxed abilities, the only good thing about CLS is it's slash attack(good for things for which you need a shield AND have higher stab defense than slash).

However, a thing that interests me much more is the usefulness of future chaotic weapons, because, to be honest, they don't look very promising- the only weapon with any discussion value at all is the spear, and that'd because no other weapon would work on corp. What, however, would add alot of discussion value is if they introduced the chaotic dagger and gave it 7 speed, as there would be serious competition between the dagger and rapier for alot of slayer and medium defense monsters.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

well now if it comes to me

i will chose rapier even tho

because from the very first i started rs and i hate a thing called long sword lol it makes me get sick

+ i always see rapier is better for me even in dungeoneering weps i bind gorgonite 2h or rapier.. but lately im binding rapier and pl8 gorgonite so i was voting for rapier from the very first lol :thumbsup:

o_espil.png

noone melees sara' date=' assuming you are maxed melee/herb/prayer, the CLS will become useless.[/quote']

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

So your proof about people meleeing zil is people who use pvp armor/weapons to do it...great... But let me clarify that sentance- noone in their right mind would kill zil over graar for monetary purposes because a) longer kc b) longer kills(less kills an hour) c)worse drops(on average, also no good 100% drops). Overall, the only reason to kill zil is to have fun, and if you are getting cls over rapier for that sole reason(and there is no proof rapier is much worse there) you have got to be mad.

So your proof about people meleeing zil is people who use pvp armor/weapons to do it...great... But let me clarify that sentance- noone in their right mind would kill zil over graar for monetary purposes because a) longer kc b) longer kills(less kills an hour) c)worse drops(on average, also no good 100% drops). Overall, the only reason to kill zil is to have fun, and if you are getting cls over rapier for that sole reason(and there is no proof rapier is much worse there) you have got to be mad.

You don't HAVE to use PvP gear in order to kill Zil with melee. In fact you can use Dragon Claws with the setup in the first video I posted and it would still be effective as a spec weapon. I was simply pointing out that people DO kill her with melee.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

To have fun, or to kill Zil?

To have fun, or to kill Zil?

Neither, to have fun while killing zil(as there is no logical reason for zil to be considerably more fun than graar).

yeah I mean who plays RS for fun?

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

yeah I mean who plays RS for fun?

Ok, so is killing zil so much more fun than any other boss monster to be worth losing the ability to train or slay? Or is killing zil with rapier less fun than with longsword? You have to understand what is written before posting sarcastic notes about your own life.

I think we're all forgetting a most important factor of thesed sought-after weapons; the looks.

The Chaotic Longsword beats the Rapier by many lengths, as after several days of testing, I seem to be contacted by a lot more girls. I took both the Rapier and Longsword to the Grand Exchange in a high-populated world and tried to hook up with as many girls as possible:

I tried every line I have ever used in real life and tested on every girl around me - 1000 girls with Rapier, and 1000 girls with Longsword. With the Rapier I managed to get in touch with 763 girls, while the Longsword got me in contact with 895 girls. This is 132 more girls, or 13.2%, which more then the "marginally" superior difference it seems you have concluded. This is a fantastic discovery, and will help us in the future, when we need to do the final efficiency tests and really find out which weapon is the best.

I would like to thank my mom for helping me through this hard time, when the girls were being rough on me. I did this, however, for all of you to help you truly understand the strengths and weaknesses for each weapon.

Also, thank you #pr0s and #dutch_pride on IRC - these people are truly amazing and gave some good inputs on my tests.

I hope I helped.

PS: If you ask me, what really made a difference is the name of the Longsword, as this is similar to the male phallus, and might be more intriguing to today's somewhat willing girls around the planet.

I think we're all forgetting a most important factor of thesed sought-after weapons; the looks.

The Chaotic Longsword beats the Rapier by many lengths, as after several days of testing, I seem to be contacted by a lot more girls. I took both the Rapier and Longsword to the Grand Exchange in a high-populated world and tried to hook up with as many girls as possible:

I tried every line I have ever used in real life and tested on every girl around me - 1000 girls with Rapier, and 1000 girls with Longsword. With the Rapier I managed to get in touch with 763 girls, while the Longsword got me in contact with 895 girls. This is 132 more girls, or 13.2%, which more then the "marginally" superior difference it seems you have concluded. This is a fantastic discovery, and will help us in the future, when we need to do the final efficiency tests and really find out which weapon is the best.

I would like to thank my mom for helping me through this hard time, when the girls were being rough on me. I did this, however, for all of you to help you truly understand the strengths and weaknesses for each weapon.

Also, thank you #pr0s and #dutch_pride on IRC - these people are truly amazing and gave some good inputs on my tests.

I hope I helped.

PS: If you ask me, what really made a difference is the name of the Longsword, as this is similar to the male phallus, and might be more intriguing to today's somewhat [bleep]ty girls around the planet.

Now we just need someone with a Chaotic Maul to test if it's better than the Longsword in this aspect.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I hope I helped.

PS: If you ask me, what really made a difference is the name of the Longsword, as this is similar to the male phallus, and might be more intriguing to today's somewhat willing girls around the planet.

Now we just need someone with a Chaotic Maul to test if it's better than the Longsword in this aspect.

I have talked to a close friend of mine, and he is in fact willing to take a trip to the makeover mage, the barber and Thessalia to look exactly like me. He has the maul and will do some testing today and tomorrow - I will get back ASAP with more information.

Lets just hope that the results of the tests aren't similar to the calculations done earlier where the maul guy will be contacted by 1200 of 1000 girls :shock:

Lets just hope that the results of the tests aren't similar to the calculations done earlier where the maul guy will be contacted by 1200 of 1000 girls :shock:

Yes, that is a major concern of mine, but I would trust this guy with my life, so the results should be perfectly fine.