Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

^ I guess the problem with the Rapier is that it sounds rather close to a ... nasty .. activity.

Oh [cabbage], didn't even think about that. Really good find, thanks.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I'll be going with rapier due to the fact that I slay more often than I do Bandos, or Saradomin. I assume at some point I will eventually start enjoying dungeoneering so at that point I can find a second chaotic weapon for the other things rapier fails at.

Low_C.png

I'll be going with rapier due to the fact that I slay more often than I do Bandos, or Saradomin. I assume at some point I will eventually start enjoying dungeoneering so at that point I can find a second chaotic weapon for the other things rapier fails at.

You must still keep in mind the results I have collected. The Rapier clearly is hated by the girls, which should be a higher priority then speed, strength and prices. You don't wanna choose Rapier and end up with a girl who takes you for the money rather then your Chaotic weapon.

This is not a dating site.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I think we're all forgetting a most important factor of thesed sought-after weapons; the looks.

The Chaotic Longsword beats the Rapier by many lengths, as after several days of testing, I seem to be contacted by a lot more girls. I took both the Rapier and Longsword to the Grand Exchange in a high-populated world and tried to hook up with as many girls as possible:

I tried every line I have ever used in real life and tested on every girl around me - 1000 girls with Rapier, and 1000 girls with Longsword. With the Rapier I managed to get in touch with 763 girls, while the Longsword got me in contact with 895 girls. This is 132 more girls, or 13.2%, which more then the "marginally" superior difference it seems you have concluded. This is a fantastic discovery, and will help us in the future, when we need to do the final efficiency tests and really find out which weapon is the best.

I would like to thank my mom for helping me through this hard time, when the girls were being rough on me. I did this, however, for all of you to help you truly understand the strengths and weaknesses for each weapon.

Also, thank you #pr0s and #dutch_pride on IRC - these people are truly amazing and gave some good inputs on my tests.

I hope I helped.

PS: If you ask me, what really made a difference is the name of the Longsword, as this is similar to the male phallus, and might be more intriguing to today's somewhat willing girls around the planet.

This topic is now interesting :thumbup:

This topic is now interesting :thumbup:

^

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Okay, I have a question. Say somebody asks me which is better, rapier or longsword. Which post in this thread should I link to?

Well obviously Gremmy's tests, I think we can alll agree on that. Right? :thumbup:

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Okay, I have a question. Say somebody asks me which is better, rapier or longsword. Which post in this thread should I link to?

Well obviously Gremmy's tests, I think we can alll agree on that. Right? :thumbup:

What page was that? :-?

What page was that? :-?

The previous page. xD

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Or just link to the first post and let them have fun :P

Alright guys-

If I do a TON of TDs (Alot as in enough to pay for 95pray,96herb,etc),some slayer, lots of safe PvP (minigames), and I use the chaotic weapon for 99 def through armoured zombs, and just a bunch of other things what do you guys think I should buy?

I was always set on the rapier, but the longsword's strength bonus makes me want the longsword... but idk...

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Alright guys-

If I do a TON of TDs (Alot as in enough to pay for 95pray,96herb,etc),some slayer, lots of safe PvP (minigames), and I use the chaotic weapon for 99 def through armoured zombs, and just a bunch of other things what do you guys think I should buy?

I was always set on the rapier, but the longsword's strength bonus makes me want the longsword... but idk...

Why not get a maul?

It has even higher strength!

Alright guys-

Why not get a maul?

Face it. This thread is going to go on forever; because people still say they want the long for its power. Then you tell them the maul is more powerful. Then they say the maul is slower. Then you tell them that the long is slower than the rapier.

Then they go back to their argument about power, even when you just told them a few seconds ago... It's a never ending cycle of noob.

/Thread

gypsyeater.png

Alright guys-

Why not get a maul?

Face it. This thread is going to go on forever; because people still say they want the long for its power. Then you tell them the maul is more powerful. Then they say the maul is slower. Then you tell them that the long is slower than the rapier.

Then they go back to their argument about power, even when you just told them a few seconds ago... It's a never ending cycle of noob.

/Thread

That is exactly why we need to end this discussion by adding in the looks factor.

I have talked to my pal, and he's got the final results from the Maul, and they're just what I expected;

Out of the 1000 girls only 798 girls "took the bait" with the exact same scenario. We can't be sure, but, this might be because of the fact that the Maul is intimidating for the girls, because of its sheer size and masculinity - maybe we have a lot of feminist girls playing? But again this leads me to another source of error: my good friend Oropher84 mentioned that we cannot be sure how many of the Runescape girls actually are girls in real life. This means the results are a bit crooked, but still, in the big picture the Longsword is superior:

The Rapier has speed but low strength compared to the others; but it's barely got any game.

The Maul has very high strength but extremely slow speed; but it has more game then the Rapier.

The Longsword has high strength and decent speed; but this has more game then both of the others.

If we look at strength and speed factors the three weapons are pretty much equal - but the Longsword beats the two others in the most important factor, and is therefore the truly best weapon to get, so go save your 200k tokens, forget the Rapier, forget the Maul - the Longsword is the King of Chaotic Melee Weapons.

Thank you for listening.

You just said a load of junk about game...? And then you said they where equal. Then you said...But the longsword beats them both. Therefore it is the best...

Maybe your argument would be valid if you gave each weapon to a level 3, which wanted to get a 'GF'. Who didn't have any prayer/pots or stat boosting armor. Where the longsword's mediocre bonuses would actually account for its mediocre speed. In any other scenario it fails compaired to the rapier and maul.

I wonder if you come up with this bs just to piss people off.

gypsyeater.png

That is exactly why we need to end this discussion by adding in the looks factor.

I have talked to my pal, and he's got the final results from the Maul, and they're just what I expected;

Out of the 1000 girls only 798 girls "took the bait" with the exact same scenario. We can't be sure, but, this might be because of the fact that the Maul is intimidating for the girls, because of its sheer size and masculinity - maybe we have a lot of feminist girls playing? But again this leads me to another source of error: my good friend Oropher84 mentioned that we cannot be sure how many of the Runescape girls actually are girls in real life. This means the results are a bit crooked, but still, in the big picture the Longsword is superior:

The Rapier has speed but low strength compared to the others; but it's barely got any game.

The Maul has very high strength but extremely slow speed; but it has more game then the Rapier.

The Longsword has high strength and decent speed; but this has more game then both of the others.

If we look at strength and speed factors the three weapons are pretty much equal - but the Longsword beats the two others in the most important factor, and is therefore the truly best weapon to get, so go save your 200k tokens, forget the Rapier, forget the Maul - the Longsword is the King of Chaotic Melee Weapons.

Thank you for listening.

Thanks for the analysis, very interesting.

I wonder what percentage of the girls who fell for rapier/longsword/maul are good looking, maybe these percentages are not the same on every weapon...

Also, relatively dumber girls might fall easier for the 'longsword is a fallus symbol'-trap.

:unsure:

You just said a load of junk about game...? And then you said they where equal. Then you said...But the longsword beats them both. Therefore it is the best...

Maybe your argument would be valid if you gave each weapon to a level 3, which wanted to get a 'GF'. Who didn't have any prayer/pots or stat boosting armor. Where the longsword's mediocre bonuses would actually account for its mediocre speed. In any other scenario it fails compaired to the rapier and maul.

Average speed is best for most girls though, most don't like it to be over quickly or to last forever. ;-)

Someone is taking this thread too seriously :shame:

I think about 99.9% of readers in this thread found Gremmy's "tests" to be bery humorous, myself included. L2Humor.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Thank you for listening.

I think your point about many Runescape girls not actually being girls really skews the results in the longsword's favor. All of the girls who are actually guys are going to pick the longsword because they, of course, want the longsword for themselves (or for other reasons . . .). Oropher is a wise man.

Anyway, I agree with your conclusion regardless of how you got there. I'm getting my Chaotic Compensationsword soon.

iloveyougremmy

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.