Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

All I know about eagle eye (Except from what the KB/RS wiki/TIF have to say) is when fighting someone wearing it, I was told in my chatbox that they reduced damage by 13, 18, and 18 damage respectively, against my rapier. So 49 damage out of their 990, while my divine would have soaked up 297 damage.

thanks, also what attack was that defending against? since eagle only reduces range and mage

im hoping with the new hitsplat and reduce splat update that they shields will get buffed/fixed

jagex stated the reaosn behind this update was the dung shiles so maybe theyll become worth it. or at least balanced to be as good as the chaotic weapons

a_final_name.png

All I know about eagle eye (Except from what the KB/RS wiki/TIF have to say) is when fighting someone wearing it, I was told in my chatbox that they reduced damage by 13, 18, and 18 damage respectively, against my rapier. So 49 damage out of their 990, while my divine would have soaked up 297 damage.

thanks, also what attack was that defending against? since eagle only reduces range and mage

im hoping with the new hitsplat and reduce splat update that they shields will get buffed/fixed

jagex stated the reaosn behind this update was the dung shiles so maybe theyll become worth it. or at least balanced to be as good as the chaotic weapons

Oh, my bad. He was using the KITESHIELD, I misread what you said.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Judging by the ''up to 20%'' on rs kb(well, it can't always be wrong, can it?) and the feedback i've got from the few people that have the shields, it is UP TO 10/20% for hits that would otherwise hit for OVER 199 damage. Overall, the damage deducted could be much lower than 5%, so they don't seem worthwhile enough. Both spectral and arcane are better than the range/mage shields and can be bought freely from the ge, the chaotic kite might be good for it's superior defensive stats but divine still seems much better. Also 100k an hour...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

because of the increased weapon speed, does CR degrade faster then CLS?

In theory, slower, but the degrading mostly depends on how many monsters you are killing at once- for example, the rapier wouldn't last 5 hours at lighthouse dagannoths, but would last extremely long(~50 hours) at low hp monsters like greater demons. For me, a rapier lasts for around 900k slayer xp(only tasks with rapier counted, using it on every task). 9th charge going right now...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

In theory, slower, but the degrading mostly depends on how many monsters you are killing at once- for example, the rapier wouldn't last 5 hours at lighthouse dagannoths, but would last extremely long(~50 hours) at low hp monsters like greater demons. For me, a rapier lasts for around 900k slayer xp(only tasks with rapier counted, using it on every task). 9th charge going right now...

But even at a slayer task killing dragannoths you will be still killing them quicker than a cls. Also even if you where getting 99 str there. It'd still be slower, as you will get 99 faster. Because you will still leave quicker than a cls.

gypsyeater.png

But even at a slayer task killing dragannoths you will be still killing them quicker than a cls. Also even if you where getting 99 str there. It'd still be slower, as you will get 99 faster. Because you will still leave quicker than a cls.

With dags, the vast majority of the damage you deal is from your cannon and combat familiar.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Personally, for Dagannoths (assuming Lighthouse), Kalphites, Aberrant Spectres and Scarabites, I would not use a Chaotic weapon. I'd bring a whip or something because the cannon does a majority of the work. It's not worth paying the 100k or whatever to finish that task with a CR or CLS or whatever.

So, on slayer tasks, is it recommended to use rapier in single-combat only?

The only two tasks that I would be wary of using a rapier on (but would probably use it anyway) would be dags and spectres.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

wait, so what you're saying is that fighting 2 monsters simultaneously for 1 minute = 2 minutes of combat for chaotic weapon purposes?

Personally, for Dagannoths (assuming Lighthouse), Kalphites, Aberrant Spectres and Scarabites, I would not use a Chaotic weapon. I'd bring a whip or something because the cannon does a majority of the work. It's not worth paying the 100k or whatever to finish that task with a CR or CLS or whatever.

Lighthouse dag task=15 minutes MAX. The CR lasts longer then 10 hours, easily. So its more like 10k for dags, if that.

I am still undecided what my 2nd purchase will be. Considering CLS, but I don't know. Crossbow is nice, and I do TD a bit, as well as DKS, besides a little arma, but by far I melee.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Lighthouse dag task=15 minutes MAX. The CR lasts longer then 10 hours, easily. So its more like 10k for dags, if that.

I am still undecided what my 2nd purchase will be. Considering CLS, but I don't know. Crossbow is nice, and I do TD a bit, as well as DKS, besides a little arma, but by far I melee.

15 minutes x the number of dagganoth attacking you = degradation for your Rapier. It'd easily be an hour's worth, possibly more than 2 if the lighthouse is fairly empty.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

It's 2m for 10 hours right? That's 200k per hour, so 15 minutes would be 50k, or am I missing something?

It's 2m for 10 hours right? That's 200k per hour, so 15 minutes would be 50k, or am I missing something?

15 minutes x the number of dagganoth attacking you = degradation for your Rapier. It'd easily be an hour's worth, possibly more than 2 if the lighthouse is fairly empty.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So let me get this straight. In 15 minutes, with one monster attacking you, your degrade 1%, but if there are two monsters attacking you, it's 2% The more monsters, the more the degrades?

Suddenly, I understand why people told me I was wasting money when I used my CLS at Pest Control :\

So let me get this straight. In 15 minutes, with one monster attacking you, your degrade 1%, but if there are two monsters attacking you, it's 2% The more monsters, the more the degrades?

Suddenly, I understand why people told me I was wasting money when I used my CLS at Pest Control :\

No, it goes by YOU attacking, it is similar to barrows. The number of monsters doesn't change degrade speed, except for the shields.

Stonewall337.png

So it doesn't degrade if you aren't attacking?

They do degrade faster when you are being attacked more - so it seems likely that it does NOT go by you attacking, but when you get attacked.

I'd be interested in proof of that, in my (albeit informal) tests, there was no discernible difference.

Stonewall337.png

They do degrade faster when you are being attacked more - so it seems likely that it does NOT go by you attacking, but when you get attacked.

I'd be interested in proof of that, in my (albeit informal) tests, there was no discernible difference.

Take it to CT dags and you will have your proof. Went down like 8% in 20 mins there.