Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

They do degrade faster when you are being attacked more - so it seems likely that it does NOT go by you attacking, but when you get attacked.

I'd be interested in proof of that, in my (albeit informal) tests, there was no discernible difference.

I think Morionic (Grimy Bunyip) took his to CT dags, and sat there checking the charge, without attacking them. And it did go down. I believe he posted a pic of it somewhere on here. Might have been around page 6 of this thread.

pere_grin.png

Ahaha, found it.

Rumour confirmed

i had auto retaliate off and let myself get spammed by attacks

the weapon degraded

getting hit degrades chaotic weapons

(still don't know if attacking and not getting hit degrades the weapon or not)

testingcrap.png

So if it does degrade when you are getting hit, then by extension, if you are taking more hits in a shorter time period, it would degrade faster.

The whole thread is here

pere_grin.png

because of the increased weapon speed, does CR degrade faster then CLS?

In theory, slower, but the degrading mostly depends on how many monsters you are killing at once- for example, the rapier wouldn't last 5 hours at lighthouse dagannoths, but would last extremely long(~50 hours) at low hp monsters like greater demons. For me, a rapier lasts for around 900k slayer xp(only tasks with rapier counted, using it on every task). 9th charge going right now...

wait, so what you're saying is that fighting 2 monsters simultaneously for 1 minute = 2 minutes of combat for chaotic weapon purposes?

Did i say that? I think not. But it has been tested and confirmed several times(i do all tasks but waterfiends with rapier) that the chaotic weapons degrade faster when...

A) There are many monsters attacking you

B) Monsters have higher hp(less in and out of combat)

C) Monsters have higher attack speed(just a theory, but it seems to be so based on slayer tasks)

So instead of looking at it from a ''x hours of combat'' standpoint, the degrading more or less depends on how many hit splashes will be on you and how frequently you are in and out of combat. And as a result of all this, 100% rapier charge would be used in around 5 hours at lighthouse dagannoths but on the other hand, if you only used it for greater demon tasks at kurdal dungeon it would last for upwards of 50 hours(low hp, lots of running, frequently getting hit 1-2 times per monster). Overall it doesn't make a major difference because even when doing all tasks with rapier it would only cost you less than 100k an hour, but if you are cheap, you can look for other options.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I don't think this is going to get anywhere. No matter how you back up the rapier with mathematical facts, people will still tell you the cls is better, or vice versa etc. I've had experience with all 3 chaotic weapons myself...I wouldn't use cls for anything but skeletal wyverns.

I tried explaining the fact that speed = dps to people in w117 deamonheim, but they kept telling me "cls has better stats" to which I replied "maul has better stats" to which they replied "but it's too slow". There are people in this thread that can properly vouch for the cls' uses, but no matter how hard anyone tries, no one can convince everyone which is best.

ZMFg2.jpg

Sometimes I think that Cls might be a better option because of what you said. If the majority of Runescapers think that Cls is better, who do you think they would invite to a bandos team first, someone with a Cls or Cr. Even though Cr outpreforms Cls in most situations, other people are going to favor you if you have what they consider the better weapon.

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

Well CLS is better at bandos.

But for other teams, if they think CLS > CR at someplace like Corp or something, it can't be too good of a team.

Then again, people on rsof are still stupid enough to make gs teams, and, just lol.

Which is why its so easy to crash RSOF teams.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Is CLS really better than rapier at bandos? From my FFA experience with my friend who has CLS, me rapier, it's been 50-41 for rapier. We're both 99 melees, turmoil, overloads. First trip it was 23-15 for rapier, second trip it was 27-23 rapier (we brought 1 more ovl each this time, so more kills). We switch tanking every kill, and the attacker gets to use rune defender/claws for special attack. The second trip I forgot my rune defender though and was stuck with an obsidian shield for the entire trip, which may have cost me 2 kills or something I'm guessing. Although it's not a lot of kills, so far for me it seems that the rapier is better or at least equal to the CLS at bandos. Our equipment is overall the same, excluding the weapon (although 2nd trip my friend used BCP instead of karil's top and a neitznot helm instead of verac's helm).

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Is CLS really better than rapier at bandos? From my FFA experience with my friend who has CLS, me rapier, it's been 50-41 for rapier. We're both 99 melees, turmoil, overloads. First trip it was 23-15 for rapier, second trip it was 27-23 rapier (we brought 1 more ovl each this time, so more kills). We switch tanking every kill, and the attacker gets to use rune defender/claws for special attack. The second trip I forgot my rune defender though and was stuck with an obsidian shield for the entire trip, which may have cost me 2 kills or something I'm guessing. Although it's not a lot of kills, so far for me it seems that the rapier is better or at least equal to the CLS at bandos. Our equipment is overall the same, excluding the weapon (although 2nd trip my friend used BCP instead of karil's top and a neitznot helm instead of verac's helm).

Answer: marginally if at all.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Answer: marginally if at all.

So in other words, the CR outperforms the CLS even when the CLS has a defender, neit, and BCP, while the CR has an obby shield, karil's top, and verac's helm, and this is at bandos.

Rapier > CLS at bandos, end of story. If it's your God given calling in life to kill Skeletal wyverns', then sure, get yourself a CLS! :thumbup:

Sumondskull6.png

I am going for a chaotic weapon (ls or r) and since I am far away from being maxed (lets say I am 90/85/85) and far away from having turmoil and extremes, I assume that the better choice is CLS ?

No, the better choice is a Rapier so you can actually get those stats up to 99/99/99, unless of course you'd like to train with a slower DPS weapon then your whip?

Sumondskull6.png

I am going for a chaotic weapon (ls or r) and since I am far away from being maxed (lets say I am 90/85/85) and far away from having turmoil and extremes, I assume that the better choice is CLS ?

The problem with that choice is that it assumes that you stay at those stats. If you were to want to train your stats, you'd be limited to a whip, and once you are there, you'd want to own a rapier anyway. As a general plan it'd be smarter to get the rapier, max out, and have no reason at all to get longsword.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

No, the better choice is a Rapier so you can actually get those stats up to 99/99/99, unless of course you'd like to train with a slower DPS weapon then your whip?

Now when I calculate the DPS with my equipment ... you are actually right ... the Whip > CLS at dps (Slayer Helm, Fury, Defender, Dragon boots, Barrow Gloves, and Ferry ring)

Now when I calculate the DPS with my equipment ... you are actually right ... the Whip > CLS at dps (Slayer Helm, Fury, Defender, Dragon boots, Barrow Gloves, and Ferry ring)

Yeah, the CLS is too slow to outperform the good ol' whip! ;)

The only place a CLS outperforms a whip is at skeletal wyverns, dragons, and boss-tier monsters.

Sumondskull6.png

The only place a CLS outperforms a whip is at skeletal wyverns, dragons, and boss-tier monsters.

Since I hate to melee all the way

Wyverns - Ranged

Dragons - Magic (I know it's costy and probably slower - but screw melee =/)

In other words - I'll take the Rapier then, thanks for the fast responds >.>

Since I hate to melee all the way

Wyverns - Ranged

Dragons - Magic (I know it's costy and probably slower - but screw melee =/)

In other words - I'll take the Rapier then, thanks for the fast responds >.>

For dragons, if you have a CR, use it, much much faster than mage and it makes it fun killing them like their pathetic Abbysal demons >:)

And no problem :)

Sumondskull6.png

Nevermind, I'm stupid. :???:

Aww, its good you finally admitted it mate.

Yes get the CR.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]