Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

So basically, CR + CLS maybe > CR + CM?

That's really interesting. I'm willing to get a Chaotic Rapier (although I need another 150k tokens), so I'm willing to try out that combo.

Granted, however, that I rarely do anything PvP.

Maybe if you have a divine. A really strong point of rapier is using it with a defender, which makes it better at most place in the game, however, if you need the defense really bad, divine makes CLS more worthwhile. I can't accurately predict how many people on this thread have a divine, but i'm guessing not many.

So only with divine?

Although I have to wonder, if someone can get 2 chaotic weapons, that means he can kill frost dragons. At that point, is it really worth debating about boss monsters, since frost dragons average more gp/hr?

Oh dear god, do i really have to play the part of the gray old man who says that people play this game for fun.... :ohnoes:

But yea, Frost dragons are the overall best moneymaker in the game if you take everything into account and assume maxed stats, BUT, you can't discount for all the other crazy things people like to do for ''fun'', so as great as rapier is for frost dragons, it's usefulness, and the usefulness of two specific chaotic weapons should be determined by the overall efficiency for everything relevant to those weapons, not just one or two things. If i weren't planning to get maul for slayer, i'd likely rather choose to get crossbow/staff as my second chaotic.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

i took maul on a slay task with me just for lulz, and i was actualy very surprised with its results

tons of 600-800+ hits, im so used to fighitng with prom 2h lately that it seems normal speed lol, and 2 hitting things is nice

pros:

1. ss flashing is easy, 100-150 hp from 1 flick, basicly get mroe hp per prayer

2. on tasks i cannon i spend alot of time picking up drops, so with rapier i have to attack, run pick up, then attack, but with maul i have enough time to loot drops between hits without slowing down attack speed, in some cases when im looting maul and rapier are the same speed, so id rather get my moneys worth per hit i do

3. on higher def tasks its definately noticable between 94 attack and 167 attack

4. more fun, thats always a bonus

5. what i started doing was hitting with rapier, till theyre like 500-700 hp or less, then doing the finishing hit with maul, basicly like ur scim ->2h combo

obviously theres cons to using maul, and rapier is still the better slayer weapon, but i was still surprised it how it did and its mroe usefull on slayer than some think

a_final_name.png

That's really interesting. I'm willing to get a Chaotic Rapier (although I need another 150k tokens), so I'm willing to try out that combo.

Maybe if you have a divine. A really strong point of rapier is using it with a defender, which makes it better at most place in the game, however, if you need the defense really bad, divine makes CLS more worthwhile. I can't accurately predict how many people on this thread have a divine, but i'm guessing not many.

So only with divine?

Although I have to wonder, if someone can get 2 chaotic weapons, that means he can kill frost dragons. At that point, is it really worth debating about boss monsters, since frost dragons average more gp/hr?

Oh dear god, do i really have to play the part of the gray old man who says that people play this game for fun.... :ohnoes:

But yea, Frost dragons are the overall best moneymaker in the game if you take everything into account and assume maxed stats, BUT, you can't discount for all the other crazy things people like to do for ''fun'', so as great as rapier is for frost dragons, it's usefulness, and the usefulness of two specific chaotic weapons should be determined by the overall efficiency for everything relevant to those weapons, not just one or two things. If i weren't planning to get maul for slayer, i'd likely rather choose to get crossbow/staff as my second chaotic.

I thought we were taking the fun factor out of this thread? Because if you count fun, there's no right answer, so there's no point.

So only with divine?

I thought we were taking the fun factor out of this thread? Because if you count fun, there's no right answer, so there's no point.

Not if you define fun as doing things as quickly and efficiently as possible, as this is what some people do... And ofcource, frost dragons is one of the least exiting moneymakers out there, almost as bad as rc....

So only with divine?

Not if you define fun as doing things as quickly and efficiently as possible, as this is what some people do... And ofcource, frost dragons is one of the least exiting moneymakers out there, almost as bad as rc....

But if you're doing things efficiently, there's no real reason to kill anything except frost dragons.

Anyway, that was just a thought. Main point is, does it HAVE to be a DSS to make CLS worth it? The defensive power of it is great, but I would think that even the ability to use a DFS at places like Bandos would take the CLS viable in the face of the Maul.

TDS and DKS both average more gp/hr then frosties, unless with frosties you can break 4m gp/hr. Even paying attention @ frosties, I get max 200 bones/hr not including banking.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

TDS and DKS both average more gp/hr then frosties, unless with frosties you can break 4m gp/hr. Even paying attention @ frosties, I get max 200 bones/hr not including banking.

Well it largely depends on how you account for the visage drops, and it seems my estimation of 1/10k may actually be very low.

In any case, frosts can average more than 4m an hour, and while it may be a bit worse than the best of dks/td's, it's 90% guaranteed money in the bank, which is better for most everyone. Dk's actually aren't that good because there is no charms or effigies aswell as being the the deadliest of the three, not to mention to meet the same profit levels you more or less need to be on task(now that hides/hatchets are low). TD's are somewhat better in many aspects as they offer better charms, but when you take everything into account from servers, intense clicking, chance of death and inconsistent profit, frosts are still somewhat better. Also the experience is much better.

Btw, i've maxed at 214 bones an hour over 300 minutes(3 trips) at frost dragons with maximum attention(same attention i would pay at TD's or DK's) so you still have some ways to go.

LOL paying attention during dks?

When I kill rex, sometimes I go to the bathroom. As long as your mage pray is on you can't really die. Killing rex is takes up like half the time dking and you can practically afk during it.

Also, something to note about dks is elite clues, and I don't know how much fremmy boots speed up trip now that it has a damage boost and allows you to use a combat familiar after your yak runs out of supplies.

I don't know if this is the case now, but when frosts first came out, there were like 2 people in the best cannon spot every world (and the stupid slow rangers are extra annoying because they take 2 spawns and use them so slowly), are they more or less not crowded now?

EDIT: Now that archers are like 1.8m and zerkers are almost 5m again, dks is probably higher profit than during the summer.

I'm not quite sure where to post this, so I'll try it in this topic.

I am unsure about what rewards to get. I'll definitely get a chaotic rapier. I've been thinking of getting the crossbow as my 2nd chaotic weapon, but we know that there's a dragon crossbow on the way. The dragon c'bow is likely to have +102 range attack with a special attack that is likely to be an offensive one. I would much rather get the dragon c'bow once it's finally released and spend the 200k tokens on something else. I don't want the staff either, the 5% damage boost doesn't make up for the SoL special attack and rune saving ability. I'm unsure about Rigour either. I like Soul Split a lot, and maybe there will be a Turmoil varient for Magic and Ranged in the future.

I really don't know...

elite clues are a near non-factor as doing them hurts your hourly profits.

As for you being really bad at killing rex, well, i'm sorry to hear that, but for me, on task, all mage boosts, it rarely takes more than 20 seconds, which i doubt is enough to go to the bathroom. For DKs to be better than frosts you need to cannon, and while cannoning you will, at some times, have atleast 2 kings on you, which means you will always have to worry about your hp, let alone staying alive. You will never have a fear of death at frosts. If you die at DK's, your 10m+ solely depends on a bunch of random people, where as for frosts, if such an event should occur(and it'd be extremely rare), you'd easily get back in time to get everything back. Deaths at DK's are quite common.

As for frost dragons being packed, it's more or less a myth by those that don't actually kill the dragons. Seriously, i've always killed them on the most full servers and never had to change servers more than once, usually staying on the server i came on. Can't say that at all for DK's. Not to mention banking.

For dking, you can just crash the first person you see since its multi and you are using cannon max mage boosts. And it takes around 12 casts or 36 seconds to kill rex, easily enough to go to the bathroom, while washing your hands during the next rex. If you have 600+ lp, you are relatively safe when you go kill supreme, as he never hits over 300 and he is inaccurate on full bandos/dfs.

And I really doubt that doing elite clues is less than 4m an hour, how long do they take on average?

relatively safe isn't nearly as good as next to completely safe. It's interesting that you'd go to the bathroom, do your thing and get back in 36 seconds, and some would say downright impressive, but very much stupid. Stupid for not going to the bathroom before a trip and not being able to not go to the bathroom in a 100 minute period. University will/should/could be hard for you.

elite clues usually take between 20 and 30 minutes, mostly because there is never an exact thing you have to do, and considering no experience, very bad to do. But still, one of the main reasons i would never camp DKs is that there is no charms or effigies, and that really lets them down.

Also, why are we arguing DK's/frosts/TD's on this topic? rapier is the best(or tied for the best) for all of them anyway...

For slaying monsters that are weak to slash with a CR, is it better to leave it on stab or slash?

Also I have skeletal wyverns blocked because I don't have a good crush weapon. How effective is CR on them? I thought they have high stab defense. If I were to get a maul, what is the minimum setup to safely tank them?

Seeing as you can whip wyverns with some degree of success, I'd say that CR is a perfectly viable option.

For dking, you can just crash the first person you see since its multi and you are using cannon max mage boosts. And it takes around 12 casts or 36 seconds to kill rex, easily enough to go to the bathroom, while washing your hands during the next rex. If you have 600+ lp, you are relatively safe when you go kill supreme, as he never hits over 300 and he is inaccurate on full bandos/dfs.

And I really doubt that doing elite clues is less than 4m an hour, how long do they take on average?

Remind me to never touch your mouse/keyboard. :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Or mine, I thought I was the only one that staged bathroom breaks at DKs, but I guess I'm not. And you can always disinfect a mouse/keyboard. At least we actually take bathroom breaks, unlike some WOW players who wear diapers.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Or mine, I thought I was the only one that staged bathroom breaks at DKs, but I guess I'm not. And you can always disinfect a mouse/keyboard. At least we actually take bathroom breaks, unlike some WOW players who wear diapers.

That's just wrong...

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Well to all the people that say raiper is better then cls. Its a lie.

I own both a raiper and cls have used both of them for pvm and slayer.

I have tested both wepons at bandos/tds/sara. The cls owns the raiper everytime. Average of 5-6 more kills at each in the same time.

As for slayer, there is not much difference at all. For certain tasks such has ice wyrms/ dragons, dark beasts they seem to be about the same speed. For most other tasks the raiper saves about 5 minutes. For all those saying raiper is superior to the cls. They obviously havent used a cls.

.:SE:.

I have tested both wepons at bandos/tds/sara. The cls owns the raiper everytime. Average of 5-6 more kills at each in the same time.

As for slayer, there is not much difference at all. For certain tasks such has ice wyrms/ dragons, dark beasts they seem to be about the same speed. For most other tasks the raiper saves about 5 minutes. For all those saying raiper is superior to the cls. They obviously havent used a cls.

O aren't ya smart...too bad you can't read.

By the way, i get an unlimited amount of more kills with rapier than i would with cls in the same time. The ''not much difference'' approach only shows how little you know.

O aren't ya smart...too bad you can't read.

By the way, i get an unlimited amount of more kills with rapier than i would with cls in the same time. The ''not much difference'' approach only shows how little you know.

Actaully shows how little you know, go test for yourself. You can argure the raiper is a little bit better for slayer, but when it comes to pvm the cls owns. I can post the math if you guys would liek to see.

"more kills with rapier than i would with cls in the same time." would, try it and see your wrong.

.:SE:.

Actaully shows how little you know, go test for yourself. You can argure the raiper is a little bit better for slayer, but when it comes to pvm the cls owns. I can post the math if you guys would liek to see.

"more kills with rapier than i would with cls in the same time." would, try it and see your wrong.

Sounds peachy.

Post the math.

Sounds peachy.

Post the math.

Yes, please post your math, oh wise one!

Sumondskull6.png