140,228 people currently playing online worldwide!

Leoo

Is it me, or is RuneScape increasing in the amount of players playing at anyone time? Last month, I could barely remember the figure going over 130,000 and the other day I saw a figure of around 166,000. Could this be because of the summer approaching giving the chance of people to play more often?

EDIT: I'm referring to the era of 2009-2010. I'm aware how popular RuneScape was back in the days but it just seems that the figures are raising again.

nothing compared to 2007 summer which had over 200k online.

Gf wildy lulz

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

That was when RS was at its prime. (Gameplay and players)

RS wasn't in it's "prime" until August 29, 2007(essentially the end of Summer).

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I remember when 5-10k players was a lot. I also remember when 200k players was normal.

The amount of players on Runescape now-a-days is so unstable. Jagex makes way too many mistakes and fails to release wanted content. Jagex' single best content update in this game, ever, was the summoning batch 1 & 2. The skill completely changed the way Runescape was played, and brought so much life to the game. I remember, I had stopped playing for a month or two and when summoning came out I got hooked. However, there hasn't been a single update since Summoning that is worth while, even beyond all the small updates, nothing is making this game fun anymore.

I think it really shows in the numbers when Dungeoneering came out. You would think that when such a big update comes out, especially for F2P, more and more people would come to play. Although, the numbers didn't rise much at all.

It's been years since Jagex took away free trade, bots, wildy etc. By now we should have been well above the 200k players online. I believe if Jagex ever got some actual competition and there was an MMO that was accessible as RS, we would see the numbers go into the 70-90k's. However, because Runescape is really the only game of its kind and a big monopoly in the browser base MMO field there is no other game for people to go to.

Stellactic.gif

Summer vacation.

Lets get to how would that affect us. So... what will happen to GE?

Will this bring us more supply of monster drops and materials or more demand for them?

By past experience, the usual trend is price going up at the start of summer, then fall slightly and crash when summer ends.

However, if you remember well, last year didnt quite follow that, the rs common market price (from rswiki) are keep going up from the start to end of summer.

Something to do with 76k and the herblore update i guess.

Let us review some big dates of our market last year:

Oct 7 herb update

Oct 26, anti-76king

Dec15, onyx change and curses

@Mike_Ike111 - Great sig, great movie.

I would love to see a graph made of max players over time. It seems for all the time Jagex puts into updates it only seems to retain its numbers and has yet to achieve real growth.

Let's just say Jagex got rid of at least half of their player base back in 2007.

I wouldn't say half, but the vast majority of those were gold farmers.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Let's just say Jagex got rid of at least half of their player base back in 2007.

I wouldn't say half, but the vast majority of those were gold farmers.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Wow. There was me looking at that a few days ago and thinking the number hasnt increased at all and was kinda worried by the figure and maybe even dropped on average past few years. :mellow:

Cant be sure about figures but there seems less players than years ago. Depending on the time of day the average count always seems lower.

Obviously half of who is missing where bots/farmers though.

However I see a steady supply of new people so I dont know why jagex are struggling to maintain a bigger audience. Update are alot better today than years ago.

Not to burst the bubble.

But due to the Runescape Lobby, it might seem that alot of people are currently playing.

But the fact is that many of them could just be in the lobby, afking.

But yeah. It's also because of summer vacation.

I believe if Jagex ever got some actual competition and there was an MMO that was accessible as RS, we would see the numbers go into the 70-90k's. However, because Runescape is really the only game of its kind and a big monopoly in the browser base MMO field there is no other game for people to go to.

I agree with this completely.

That was when RS was at its prime. (Gameplay, players, rubbish graphics and bots/goldfarmers)

I fixed that for you with the stuff underlined. :)

Let's just say you have no idea what you're talking about and pulled that figure out of your ass.

Kinda agree with Omali. :P

That was when RS was at its prime. (Gameplay and players)

actually, the gameplay has gotten better over the years. the amount of players back then was the only prime of runescape.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."