Dungeoneering Rants.

Pinkbullet3

i enjoy kicking people under 100

but i hate when 110+ people are [developmentally delayed]....

I find that rather mean to be honest... really it's the attitude and knowledge that makes a person good at dg, not skill level itself.

Though I understand why you guys may want 3 binds only...

i do agree people with good attitudes that dont complain so much and people that are awake enough and know fast methods not just how many hrs sinked in to dg but in my expirience less then 100 or 105 expect fast dgs for nothing while 110+ play for fun or to get 120 and know what it takes to get a good dg...

tho a half asleep team of 120s is worse than a team of awake lvl 90s :).

StarViv.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got kicked for having shared exp off. (:

All they said was "Exp on" and I said "why?" and without an answer, kicked. =D

Lol... there goes another myth.

"exp on gives team moar xp!!!!!!!!!!!111!!"

Still, in a more technical point of view, unless you're a pure/skiller, there's no reason exp should be off. Who doesn't like free xp?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Still, in a more technical point of view, unless you're a pure/skiller, there's no reason exp should be off. Who doesn't like free xp?

This was a fair while ago though when some skills were right where I wanted them, and I didn't want to level in them.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a team the other day where a guy left for no apparent reason...

Happens a lot. Very, very frustrating...

one of the reasons why w7 fails these days.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Had a team the other day where a guy left for no apparent reason...

I do this a lot, which is why I only solo.

I can get a decent 16-20k exp an hour soloing, so it's not too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

in that catagory who does like having reduced exp while making objects as well as the free exp in everything else

in that catagory who does like having reduced exp while making objects as well as the free exp in everything else

You don't. With shared xp on, xp is not lost or reduced in any way. You only gain partial "bonus" xp from the skills that other team members used.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I freaking hate mercenary leaders.

I waste 144 points of prayer and 47 bouldabasses for what? To die just when he is about to, after getting barraged with rapid 200+ hits. Not to mention how they entangled me and kept lowering my stats. Also, it always just has to be the level 203 one... and I am level 107...

I also don't understand this: You can't move while entangled, but you can enter a door.

And the fact that I was already pretty angry, because nothing on my computer won't install isn't helping... :thumbdown:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

It sucks that good teams require you not to be a noob, I'm just trying out team dung for the first time and the people of world 117 aren't the best for a beginner pro (yeah, I'm gonna be pro one day). But I wasn't ready to endure an hour of explanations so I just went along for the two/three hour ride to get 26k xp >_>

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Well, I have 1 bad dungeoneering experience I'll probably never forget;

I was on an occult floor set up in w148. 2 of the people named "I own you 4ev" and "L own you 4ev" we're seriously, the meanest

pairs I've met in my whole dungeoneering carrer. One person in my team needed food and they said "we're not maids, we don't give food"

(seriously, wtf?) and started a little argument. Then in a GD, They were pileing a lvl 122 demon, while I was fighting a lvl 135 skeleton mage

and they BOTH started arguing to me "WTF GET THE DEMON U NOOB" and then started saying stuff that was just cruel and uncalled for xD

One started insult stuff about me and then I just had it and I grabbed the GGS and hold on to it. They kicked me because I wouldn't give them

the GGS even when I offered to give it back when they said "please".

One thing I know about these two players is that they're lesbian irl. One of the players asked them if they were friends

and they responded that they were "les" meaning it probably refers to lesbian.

Also, I had a dungeon team with "Broski Randy" and "Broski Jason" both arging to other teammates because we couldn't

find out way out of a maze puzzle, which one of the players had the ggs so we couldn't tele out. In the end, I just

left because I knew they were the same coupled jerkholes that were said.

So yeah. I'm never ever going to dungeon again with a "couple". Lemme tell you, they will [bleep] you up. :thumbdown:

Inb4coolstorybr0

I hate how this skill is designed where you need to interact with other players in order to maximize exp. It's frustrating as hell trying to train this skill because even though I am 92 DG, all of the "pro teams" look down on that as being completely nooby... Therefore, I am stuck using w148. Most of the people in W148 are derpers, so the average large dungeon takes 90-120 minutes which is obscene. In a couple months, the only viable method of training below 100 DG is going to be solo, and that really sucks.

td2sig.jpg

I hate how this skill is designed where you need to interact with other players in order to maximize exp. It's frustrating as hell trying to train this skill because even though I am 92 DG, all of the "pro teams" look down on that as being completely nooby... Therefore, I am stuck using w148. Most of the people in W148 are derpers, so the average large dungeon takes 90-120 minutes which is obscene. In a couple months, the only viable method of training below 100 DG is going to be solo, and that really sucks.

This. I didn't get into DG that much when the skill was released (I was busy maxing out my other skills) and now that only DG is left, I have no viable options whatsoever to train this skill because

1) solo is ridiculously slow xp compared with the effort you have to put into it. Doing the highest floors available to me and discounting the time wasted on C1 rushes at the start of the cycle, I get maybe 20k xp/hour. Of course, that's barring unfortunate deaths by a mercenary leader in one of first rooms, for example. Certain bosses are becoming a pain to solo as well, as you advance in floor level.

2) random teams offer a maximum of frustration and a huge risk of getting stuck because of rage quits/kicks.

3) pro dg teams are unattainable for me, because I am too "noob" at 81 DG. I mean, seriously? I have 81 DG, maxed skills yet can't find a team? It's mind-boggling that a lvl 92 can't find a pro team.

Jagex completely misjudged the RS community if they thought that a team based skill would magically work out fine. It certainly shows they haven't played their own mini-games with other players than their colleague mods.

The thing is, from the social perspective of DG, is that they tried this 'forced cooperation' thing with Barbarian Assault more than three years before DG came out. It failed then, they've had time to work it out, they've made another update to BA since to see how that would work, it didn't work and they still didn't understand the reasons why players who have never met each other before find it so difficult to work together in dungeoneering.

The added kick in the teeth here is that at least BA has an obligatory tutorial (which most skip, but at least there is one), each person has a clearly specified role, and if one member of the team is a total [bleep] up, the rest of us can kind of get it together enough to scrape through. Plus the waves only last a few mins, and we can just boot the guy later. Dungeoneering has none of those things; no tutorial, no clear roles, floors take hours if not done properly, and best of all, if the keyer doesn't know what they're doing, good luck to you. Point is, "pro teams" wouldn't be needed and wouldn't have the power they have if the social element of the skill had just been designed properly in the first place.

It's baffling how they had a clear precedent for how forced cooperation really plays out in-game, and they still [bleep]ed up. Then they get Developer of the Year in a public vote... amazing what you get these days.

I think the problem is perspective. It seems like you only look to all the bad aspects in teammates. Sure, there are a lot of people that are jerks

and elitists, but there are some who are actually trying to help. I've met a fellow who literally took 5 minutes after defeating the boss

so that he could help me make strong poisons for the sagit arrows I got from the skeleton trio. In the end, I thanked him for being

very considerate to me. :thumbsup: If people start talking back or arguing, then just leave the team and forget everything that happened.

They'll learn from it eventually.

I don't think teaming is all that bad tbh. You learn to work together, and maybe even make friends. What so frustrating about that?

I think the problem is perspective. It seems like you only look to all the bad aspects in teammates. Sure, there are a lot of people that are jerks

and elitists, but there are some who are actually trying to help. I've met a fellow who literally took 5 minutes after defeating the boss

so that he could help me make strong poisons for the sagit arrows I got from the skeleton trio. In the end, I thanked him for being

very considerate to me. :thumbsup: If people start talking back or arguing, then just leave the team and forget everything that happened.

I don't think teaming is all that bad tbh. You learn to work together, and maybe even make friends. What so frustrating about that?

Wow I would kick you for wasting 5 minutes of my time. Too bad you can't after doing boss.

Well sure, there are some people who actually aren't idiots in dung. But the problem is that non-idiots are rather rare in the main dung worlds *stares at 7 and 117*

I don't think teaming is all that bad either, in fact it can be a whole new level for fun. However, if you want to guarantee fun, you better do it with friends, a perm team, a clan chat, or people on these forums.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

The unfortunate truth is that high level dungeoneering will only get more elitist as time goes on.

I personally have 100 dunge and key approx 30-40 mins on average. Still not good enough for the pro teams.

Just keep at it and you will get there eventually, if you prove yourself good, people will add you and want to dunge with you in the future, regardless of your level.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

I usually can't complain (i know this may sound like a surprise). But in my 61-68 dungeoneering, i got decent teams, and everyone while not being a pro, knew some way to help (even if it was killing the gds).

The only thing i hated (happened to me like a few times), is that when i offer to key, when the 138s dont want, and i call "gd, ggs guys" and no one comes. After wasting alot of food running past the rooms, i end up getting stolen for it.

And the worst thing: when you open 80% of the skill doors alone, and when you need to pot for one people refuse to make them, like WTF?!

Skiller11101.png

When the skill finally slows down because all the good people are done training it im just hoping they buff the solo exp. If i wanted to play with friends I would play basketball or Halo:Reach.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Wow I would kick you for wasting 5 minutes of my time. Too bad you can't after doing boss.

It was a one time event to make poison for arrows you elitest scum......5 minutes in one dungeon wouldn't kill you.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I hate people that just make up all these acronyms and stuff... I had read this topic from end to end and have understood 75%(AT BEST) of the complaints... Can't we just type it out? or is it going to kill you?

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.