[DevBlog] Hit Marks: Damage Control

Mil

A special animation maybe?

@guys making fun of log

You guys are jackasses, but I love you all.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps when you hit your max, something special happens?

oh god YES that would make max hit calculators so much easier to research and perfect

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, and I'd be pretty happy if it was. Given the popularity of 99 strength and maxing, this would appease about 99% of the population.

Of course, being 99 strenght and maxxing means you have the least chance to hit your max, as opposed to someone who could only deal a whole 30 damage getting it every 31st hit.

oh god YES that would make max hit calculators so much easier to research and perfect

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, and I'd be pretty happy if it was. Given the popularity of 99 strength and maxing, this would appease about 99% of the population.

Of course, being 99 strenght and maxxing means you have the least chance to hit your max, as opposed to someone who could only deal a whole 30 damage getting it every 31st hit.

What?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This will either make (even more) or break (extremely slightly) people's true thoughts on the Spirit Shields. It's stupid because it won't be any different from how they used to work, but people will finally see visible results, and it'll either boost their prices further (for no reason), or make them a teensy less (for no reason).

Brilliant! Have you considered getting into politics?

I think we can also expect either a slight increase in the number of people playing Dungeoneering or a slight decrease. The skill won't be any more fun, and the shields won't be better, but since people can see what they do without having to read the Knowledge Base they will either be more interested or less interested.

Based on what I have read in this thread, this update will be recieved positively by either a majority of players or a minority.

This update will cause either a slight increase or slight decrease in the number of people using the fish flinger D&D. The D&D won't be any more fun, and the tackle box won't be better, but since people can see what they do without having to read the knowledge base they will either be more interested or less interested.

I like this game.

You made me seriously lol. You get a cookie.

This update seems like it'll be one of those things that annoys me at the beginning, then I adjust, but in the end don't get any real enjoyment from. However, seeing damage blocked may interest me for a short time..

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

All those symbols look painful. Too much clutter. Couldn't it be something like purple=mage, red=melee, and orange=range? With gray=other person's? Heal splats in Dungeoneering could be changed to magenta. Having splats in a bunch of extra colors would look cleaner, I'd think.

thats what i sayd, but rather then color it should be shape of the hit splat imo.

melee is sort of a claw slash, range looks sort of like a bullet shot, and mage is kinda like fire-works.

nuthing over the top, but still enough to say "the mage did that".

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

What?

The chance of hitting your max is higher at lower levels sense there are fewer numbers you could possibly hit.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I personally think they should just make a minimum hit of 1 every time and scrap the whole 0's and MISS.

10hit KO from chickens? nty

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

i dont really like them, probs because im so used to looking at the old hit splats

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I personally think they should just make a minimum hit of 1 every time and scrap the whole 0's and MISS.

10hit KO from chickens? nty

More like 100hit K0, if you somehow don't heal.

Or do you own a lvl 1 constitution account?

All those symbols look painful. Too much clutter. Couldn't it be something like purple=mage, red=melee, and orange=range? With gray=other person's? Heal splats in Dungeoneering could be changed to magenta. Having splats in a bunch of extra colors would look cleaner, I'd think.

thats what i sayd, but rather then color it should be shape of the hit splat imo.

melee is sort of a claw slash, range looks sort of like a bullet shot, and mage is kinda like fire-works.

nuthing over the top, but still enough to say "the mage did that".

That actually makes perfect sense. I like that idea.

Also, for the 'miss' vs 'hit zero' issue, couldn't they make the blue hitsplat be only 'miss' and make a red zero hitsplat for 'hit zero'?

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Also, for the 'miss' vs 'hit zero' issue, couldn't they make the blue hitsplat be only 'miss' and make a red zero hitsplat for 'hit zero'?

But that wouldn't insignificantly increase our damage output.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Then attack would be useless. Jagex seems to be against deprecating major featuresbased on their past actions.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Then attack would be useless. Jagex seems to be against deprecating major featuresbased on their past actions.

If they just changed all misses to 1's, then attack would still be useful if you wanted to hit over 1 :D

Plus, attack is required to weild weapons.

O.O

If they just changed all misses to 1's, then attack would still be useful if you wanted to hit over 1 :D

strength is required to hit over 1, not attack.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I know that, thats why i said, IF.

I bolded the quote for emphasis.

O.O

You're still not making sence. If we presume, that all misses will have a minimum hit of 1 (as you say) then with a + 200 attack bonus and 0 strength, all you'd hit would be a string of 1s. If, in the same situation, you had a +200 strength bonus and 0 attack, you'd hit a whole load of numbers greater than 1.

Unless there's something I'm not understanding.

Schmuall.png

I wish that the maximum possible hit that can be hit with a particular weapon/stat can be displayed in a golden splat.

It also increases if you boosted with a max hit boosting potion or prayer. For all 3 styles + summoning of course.

That would surely make the glory of max hits far more awesome. :D

Also, healing splats in surface Runescape plz. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Seems pretty cool. i remember seeing a thread on the forums YEARS ago asking for different colored splats for personalized hits.. the guy said it would be useful for knowing damage on pest control portals.. oh the good ole days.

edit: scrap the whole 0 and miss? you know that sounds awfully selfish coming from a guy who probably hates accounts with high defense.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

You're still not making sence. If we presume, that all misses will have a minimum hit of 1 (as you say) then with a + 200 attack bonus and 0 strength, all you'd hit would be a string of 1s. If, in the same situation, you had a +200 strength bonus and 0 attack, you'd hit a whole load of numbers greater than 1.

Unless there's something I'm not understanding.

No as in, just change all hits that would originally hit zero, to hit one. Its not that complex.

So if you have zero attack, youl just hit 1 all the time because your constantly "missing", with the occasional 1-200 because you actually hit.

If you have high attack, youl hit 1-100 all the time, because your hitting.

O.O