[DevBlog] Hit Marks: Damage Control

Mil

I just wonder how the minimum 1 damage thing is going to work. After all, Defense=Dodge, so I would be interested in seeing how this works outside of the special shields.

This. Will this mean people with a low defense will have more 1s instead of 0?

Not that it should be that big of a deal, seeing how the old 1 is now a 10.

No idea when this will come out and how it will look like overall. I'm not that interested in it, to be honest. I'm sure it'll prove handy in several occasions such as group fighting or pking. But for the regular solo-training, I hope it has a toggle-option.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems good.

It appears we will finally see whats doing what damage and how much we are resisting.

I like how its pretty much straight out implied that magic at least is gonna be spilt into damage types (so earth water fire air blood shadow ice etc) perhaps we will also have slightly different icons for stab slash n crush? I can't see rnage having many icons since range attack types don;t really have an effective damage end as such.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Being able to tell what kind of attack type a monster is using could be great for new monsters. I just wonder if they are going to make seperat icons for dragon fire and monsters who have magical melee or magical ranged attacks.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

those 'hitsplats' don't look good...

I agree, but remember its still work in progress so they could change it for we know. :P

Think the whole thing sounds kinda cool. It would really help see what damage you do, what damage you deflect, the cannon's damage, what damage your shield (if it has the possibility to soak damage) protects you from.

Looking forward to the end product. :shades:

I'm lovin' this update, I'll most definately find it useful.

I do hope they keep the current hitsplat style though, the beta one makes me think of the retro hitsplats :???:

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Idiots, putting icons for clutter. Jeese, I dunno, try colours instead? Melee is red, magic is blue, ranged is brown? Incorporate misses. Any 0 you hit is the colour of what you attacked with. Eg. 0 with magic is a 0 in blue. Ta da... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Idiots, putting icons for clutter. Jeese, I dunno, try colours instead? Melee is red, magic is blue, ranged is brown? Incorporate misses. Any 0 you hit is the colour of what you attacked with. Eg. 0 with magic is a 0 in blue. Ta da... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

yeah have they seen how bad dclaw specs are already :rolleyes:

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Here is the interesting part, I don't think it is going to be cramped. The old style has splats formed in a weird circle kind of thing, but the new seems just to appearp from top to bottom(or bottom to top), considering the fact the icon is to the left of the damage splat, it will not appear to be too cramped. The icon is easier to remember as well, I would definitely prefer icon to colors if this is released.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Could be worse, to be fair, I don't think the icons really clutter up too much, and I imagine they might change it.

Or we could end up with some cluster**** like this;

[hide]

eso_hud.jpg

[/hide]

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Sounds good, I don't think it'll add a lot of clutter.

Only thing I don't really like is the "miss" thing instead of hitting 0's. But I'll get used to that (and while I get used to it, I'll see 100k+ rants on the RSOF about it).

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Be prepared for a riot when this update's released. It happened with New HP, and it'll happen with revamped hitsplats =-/ (the two are related in some way, right?)

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Only Jagex would tackle a minor problem like this and find a solution that encompasses everything but the underlying problem. <_<

I'm not understanding what you mean by this. It definitely solves a lot of confusion with the splats as mentioned in the DD. What is this "underlying problem" that you're talking about?

I personally like that they're making some strides to clear things up a bit. The icons will really help use prayer more efficiently especially in crowded areas. However, the hitsplats look unbelievably UGLY and backward. I would have expected the use of particles or something like that to help spice up the look of combat. I know that it says "Work In Progress" and I really hope they take it seriously and improve the look of the hitsplats because so far, it looks hideous.

Very good idea. Lame looking hitsplats.

Fellsig.jpg

Notice the clothes they are wearing... maybe we'll see a graphical update to clothes soon?

Yeah, I thought they looked a little different.

Noticed the faces were different as well. They might be releasing the new heads together with a base kit revamp.

I like how the people moaning about spam are heavily ignoring the fact all damage splats not dealt by you or too you are gonna be heavily faded, so the ones that matter to you will be easily visable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wait, theres more?

Oh, yes, and theres something I've not mentioned, another unique feature that is also being implemented, and which hasn't been shown in the pictures here...and which has turned out to be a big hit with people here. But you'll have to wait until the new hit mark system arrives before finding that one out...

SAILING!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

clansig7.gif

I like how the people moaning about spam are heavily ignoring the fact all damage splats not dealt by you or too you are gonna be heavily faded, so the ones that matter to you will be easily visable.

they arent faded there just a darker color of red.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

they arent faded there just a darker color of red.

Yeah but put them beside a few bright ones and the bright ones are gonna be easily readable and as the blog stated several times this is a wrok in progress and none of them pictures are definite outcomes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg