what are the chances of a second "stone of jas" being in runescape?

davidfreel

ok, I was explaining to my friend about the Runescape gods, I got to Zaros and how he is a god of Chaos. Then my friend asked me if Zaros created the Chaos Elemental, which got me to thinking about how the Balance Elemental was guarding the Stone of Jas. Now, what if Zaros had created a similar stone, wouldn't he also set his own guardian? And if that is true, maybe that is the real cause to the desolate place we called the Wilderness.

Please post your comments and theories.

Nope, The Stone of Jas is a legendary artifact even to the gods. Even Saradomin using it for a while could only outstrip Zaros' other contemporary Armidyl, and it is the threat Guthix uses to hold down all the other goods. Zaros would likely of squashed the desert gods right out if he had had such a device.

Zaros is one of the original gods, he used to have alot more power than he did now. But then Zamorak used the Staff of Armadyl to steal some of Zaros' power and send Zaros into another dimension.

And since Zaros is one of the original gods (the other being Guthix), it would be in his best interest to set guards to artifacts that can give anyone godlike abilities.

Zaros is one of the original gods, he used to have alot more power than he did now. But then Zamorak used the Staff of Armadyl to steal some of Zaros' power and send Zaros into another dimension.

That has no relevance to Kalafai's post.

Zaros is not the god of chaos. We don't know what he's the god of, exactly. The elder god, Jas, created the stone of Jas.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Zaros is not the god of Chaos, he's the Empty Lord.

The god of Chaos is Zamorak.

The Stone of Jas remains a mystery, but it is known that Guthix used it to create the word and such, it has an incredible power, and we are yet to find it's origins.

Oh, and the Wilderness is like that because that's the place where the God Wars took place, and well, that's the result of them.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Almost :)

Guthix did not actually create the world, but he did give it shape using the Stone...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

i suspect there either is or will be, read every dung journal and ull get some clues

bilrach is after something he calls "the rift" at the bottom of daemonheim

daemonheim was the home of the dragonkin long ago

the dragonkin are trapped underneath and their voices are leading bilrach down

bilrach is the 2nd in command of zamoraks army

i therefor suspect bilrach is a majhaart

lucien wants the stone to make him, a majhaart, into a god

the dragonkin have much to do with the stone

bilrach left bosses to guard his rear and prevent followers

if bilrach wanted people to stay out of his work, that means others are after his work (the other majhaarts)

if this is wanted by many people and trying to be protected by bilrach, then "the rift" must be exteremely powerful, or extremely powerfull to the right people "dragonkin or majhaart"

the stone of jas is described as the item that created magic in runescape and gives power to the user

the rift is described by bilrach as "the only thing strong enough to emit power across the planes"

currently at floor 35/60 were on bilrachs trail, and soon to be f47, but bilrach has already found the rift, were simply following after him and beating his rearguard

when the "strange power" occured, that was the exact moment in time that bilrach finaly unlocked the rift and released a small sample of its power across all of runescape

the rift has been found and in a few months players with 119 dung can also reach the rift and find out the truth

with all this here comes my theory

the rift was the place were the stone of jas was created long long ago, the source of its power, and since lucien stole the old stone bilrach wants to reach the rift and create a new one for himself

with the new occult floors we acess 12 more journals meaning this may make more sense soon

a_final_name.png

Almost :)

Guthix did not actually create the world, but he did give it shape using the Stone...

Oops #-o I forgot that he found an empty plane and started shaping it with the Stone :3

Anyways, just wanted to add some extra info about the Wilderness.

It was once a fairly big forest, with a lot of resources, but due to the God Wars, it all became a wasteland, then Guthix woke up from his slumber (His eternal sleep which he took after shaping the world) to end the God Wars, after that he created the Edicts of Guthix, a series of decrees, that if broken, will make Guthix wake up once again to reshape the world, killing everything in it in the process.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I like your theory but the chaos elemental doesnt seem to be guarding any one place. it kind of roams around, killing everybody. If it tended to lurk around, say maybe a cave or rift I think it would be more plausible. If zaros had anything like the stone of

jas he wouldnt have had trouble with zamorak.

Zaros is not the god of chaos. The Stone of Jas is an artifact with immense power used by Guthix to shape the world when he found an essentially empty plane with the Stone in it, left by Jas. I'm not sure if Jas actually created the Stone or whether he found it like Guthix did. The Stone is also called the Fist of Guthix and the Eye of Saradomin. No other god is known to have such a name for the Stone so I suspect they never owned it. The Stone is speculated to leave veins of rune essence in rock it is kept near for a very long time.

Answer to the original question: very, very small. Jagex wouldn't screw with the storylines that bad, I think they got the more modern quest lines worked out pretty well.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah, i doubt it too. but they might screw us over and use it as a hand wave or "a wizard did it."

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Back OT, it would seem this is unlikely because it would be completely random. There is nothing that even hints that there could be something like this.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Guthix: god of balance and nature

Zamorak: clearly god of CHAOS

Saradonin: law/order

Armadyl: the sky/law/order

zaros: we don't know, but so far "the empty lord"

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

i suspect there either is or will be, read every dung journal and ull get some clues

if bilrach wanted people to stay out of his work, that means others are after his work (the other majhaarts)

if this is wanted by many people and trying to be protected by bilrach, then "the rift" must be exteremely powerful, or extremely powerfull to the right people "dragonkin or majhaart"

the stone of jas is described as the item that created magic in runescape and gives power to the user

the rift is described by bilrach as "the only thing strong enough to emit power across the planes"

currently at floor 35/60 were on bilrachs trail, and soon to be f47, but bilrach has already found the rift, were simply following after him and beating his rearguard

when the "strange power" occured, that was the exact moment in time that bilrach finaly unlocked the rift and released a small sample of its power across all of runescape

the rift has been found and in a few months players with 119 dung can also reach the rift and find out the truth

the rift was the place were the stone of jas was created long long ago, the source of its power, and since lucien stole the old stone bilrach wants to reach the rift and create a new one for himself

with the new occult floors we acess 12 more journals meaning this may make more sense soon

How do you know the Dragonkin are still deep under Daemonheim? I think they're currently hiding in Castle Drakan or in the castle south-east of Meiyerditch because at the end of WGS, you see a small cutscene of the Dragonkin and the architecture of the place they were in and it matches the architecture of Castle Drakan and the other castle in the south-east.

Bilrach is described as a Majhaart of average power in some journal. Forget which quest you get it in

but as he descends his power grows

also about the dragonkin being tehre, well it is the dragonkins old place and they were thuoght to have left it but i think they were sealed away beneth it, heres a quote

"im as sane of mine as the day i left and yet i hear voices beneath the earth guiding me closer" or something like that, so i think its teh dragonkin

a_final_name.png

ok, I was explaining to my friend about the Runescape gods, I got to Zaros and how he is a god of Chaos. Then my friend asked me if Zaros created the Chaos Elemental, which got me to thinking about how the Balance Elemental was guarding the Stone of Jas. Now, what if Zaros had created a similar stone, wouldn't he also set his own guardian? And if that is true, maybe that is the real cause to the desolate place we called the Wilderness.

Please post your comments and theories.

You are wrong about zaros, he isn't the god of chaos at all. He is rather the "Empty lord"

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

People should really read the posts before replying to just the original post. About 5 people so far have said:

"he's not the lord of chaos, he's the empty lord"

I don't follow much of the god stories myself, but it's interesting to read some of the pieced together journal articles and theories. Cool stuff - though I don't think I'll be hunting answers myself on RS, I'll just hope to find answers hunting these forums :thumbsup:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Bilrach does not gain power as he descends. According to the diaries, he is attempting to conserve power as he treks through daemonhiem. He simply hopes to find an artifact at the bottom that will increase his power. As far as I know, the only way for a mahjarrat to increase power is to be using an artifact, or be present for the ritual.

Also, the "journal" ring refers to is the "Notes (A-N)" obtained during Defender of Varrock. Zemogurael describes Bilrach as "A mahjarrat of average power who stays out of trouble by going along with the majority." He is Zamorak affiliated, due to the fact that he goes along with Zemogurael, and his diaries from daemonheim end with "Hail Zamorak!".

As to the original topic of the post, most of the wilderness was originally part of the Zarosian Empire, whose capital was Senntisten. I would find it most likely that would be the best point to place such an object. (Indeed, Senntisten was used to make contact with Zaros). Besides that, there are no suitable places to hide an artifact that I was able to locate.

I believe Bilrach wants to become more powerful to avoid becoming the next "victim" in the ritual, IIRC

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

What if Jagex wasn't thinking at all and just made the chaos elemental because it's cool?

"We already have fire, water, air, earth...let's make a chaos one!"

With no lore involved. Just a possibility.

The place where Daemonheim is now I thought was going to have dragonkin on it, because of the windows having decoration with the Stone of Jas on them. I was disappointed.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

I believe Bilrach wants to become more powerful to avoid becoming the next "victim" in the ritual, IIRC

Well, ALL of the Mahjarrat want to do that. ;P

In regards to Bilrach and the Dragonkin: in his notes, Bilrach says that Zemouregal underestimates his power. Considering that Bilrach was Zamorak's third in command (behind Lucien, presumably) and that Zamorak commissioned Bilrach to summon K'ril, and that Bilrach was able to recruit the Kal'Gerion demons, I'd say that Bilrach is probably a LOT stronger than Zemouregal, and just doesn't let it on.

I agree with Squisher -- I think the Dragonkin sealed themselves at the bottom floor of Daemonheim (remember that they hid themselves for protection because they were worried about their race dying out).

Castle Drakan used to belong to the Kin (as seen in A Tail of Two Cats), but Zamorak gave it to Drakan after Zaros' fall.

Is anyone else TOTALLY psyched to see a huge battle between the Zarosian and Zamorakian Mahjarrat?! I wanna see Azzanadra kick some ass.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

i found this thread funny because i saw some guy in game today with the name "stone of jas"- i figured it was your account and you were boasting about your achievements as a level 4.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

i found this thread funny because i saw some guy in game today with the name "stone of jas"- i figured it was your account and you were boasting about your achievements as a level 4.

Actually that is my account that I made a long time ago which I brought to the Clan wars event because I thought it would be interesting (which was a complete coincidence as I didn't know this thread existed, I dont read general discussion often)

On topic:

Reasonably there must be something/someone more powerful than the Stone of Jas, because it is suggested that something created the universe which is a task that does not appear to be within the powers of the Stone of Jas. It also seems likely that whatever did the task must still exist as there appears to be a form of Law of the Conservation of Magical Energy (Zaros-Zamorak, The majharatt ritual, and the use of runes are a few examples. essentially magical energy seems to have to come from something else), however for all we know this item could be located outside the gameworld, and therefore never have an effect on the game.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I believe that we will eventually discover that the voices at the bottom of the rift belong to customer support personnel.

But I could be wrong about that.

Well, ALL of the Mahjarrat want to do that. ;P

In regards to Bilrach and the Dragonkin: in his notes, Bilrach says that Zemouregal underestimates his power. Considering that Bilrach was Zamorak's third in command (behind Lucien, presumably) and that Zamorak commissioned Bilrach to summon K'ril, and that Bilrach was able to recruit the Kal'Gerion demons, I'd say that Bilrach is probably a LOT stronger than Zemouregal, and just doesn't let it on.

I agree with Squisher -- I think the Dragonkin sealed themselves at the bottom floor of Daemonheim (remember that they hid themselves for protection because they were worried about their race dying out).

Castle Drakan used to belong to the Kin (as seen in A Tail of Two Cats), but Zamorak gave it to Drakan after Zaros' fall.

Is anyone else TOTALLY psyched to see a huge battle between the Zarosian and Zamorakian Mahjarrat?! I wanna see Azzanadra kick some ass.

You, Azzanadra, Nomad and rest of the Zarosian mahjarrats versus the Zamorakian mahjarrats...

I came.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.