Efficiency

Michael

training with overloads, turmoil, max gear, and cannon can be objectively shown to be more efficient than using full dragon a glory and a dfs. it is only once you factor personal preference that this "verdict" can change.

No doubt it is a ton of xp per hour more then the latter, but how much did all that cost?

I think full slayer helm torags whip+defender,glory, supers + (optional:piety, or using clarity of thought/burst of strength) is efficient enough. There was a turmoil, overloads, yak, rapier guy slaying next to me and I was still killing at 2/3rd the speed he was. (oh yea he was 138 im 113 as well)

For boss fights its invaluable for training you dont need best in slot gear to be good.

So its still not objectively the most efficient as theres a huge upfront cost in time and money that simply might be overkill for the training, not to mention the hourly cost (200k for the rapier, more for the overload pot, and prayer pots *all slayers should cannon if they have cannonballs so thats not in the elite vs not*) its like a lvl 100 taking super pots for goblins, sure you can argue it allows you to kill them .43423423 of a second faster but its not worth it.

You break even slaying the way Bladewing described while increasing your exp/h significantly. Seems like a good trade off. Also, I think killing stuff faster is more fun, personally.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to get the work done first, and play later. Although the challenge/fun might be taken out sometimes, I prefer to have "game life" easy.

Efficiency will support this by allowing fast training, thus getting the work done fast. Then, since all the work has been cleared, and quickly, there would be more time to enjoy myself.

I'd like to get the work done first, and play later. Although the challenge/fun might be taken out sometimes, I prefer to have "game life" easy.

Efficiency will support this by allowing fast training, thus getting the work done fast. Then, since all the work has been cleared, and quickly, there would be more time to enjoy myself.

To put this real simple; There is objective efficiency, and subjective efficiency. Objective efficiency means comparing two things and seeing which is better in terms of most output per input/time. Subjective efficiency also factors in fun, so you would compare good methods and evaluate which method is a good balance of fun, and speed.

At your last sentence: You're implying you can't have fun whilst being efficient. That isn't true. You can have fun whilst being efficient, I'd go so far as to say that being efficient is fun. Because I like gaining fast xp

To put this real simple; There is objective efficiency, and subjective efficiency. Objective efficiency means comparing two things and seeing which is better in terms of most output per input/time. Subjective efficiency also factors in fun, so you would compare good methods and evaluate which method is a good balance of fun, and speed.

At your last sentence: You're implying you can't have fun whilst being efficient. That isn't true. You can have fun whilst being efficient, I'd go so far as to say that being efficient is fun. Because I like gaining fast xp

I think this is one of the best summations I've read in this thread so far.

Fun is subjective but its not that subjective, sure you might get the odd wierdo (who will respond to this post) who actually enjoys firemaking, whereas most people enjoy castle wars for example, and if not castle wars there is sure to be a minigame that you enjoy (that is the point in them after all).

Damn right we do, I like castle wars too though.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

training with overloads, turmoil, max gear, and cannon can be objectively shown to be more efficient than using full dragon a glory and a dfs. it is only once you factor personal preference that this "verdict" can change.

No doubt it is a ton of xp per hour more then the latter, but how much did all that cost?

I think full slayer helm torags whip+defender,glory, supers + (optional:piety, or using clarity of thought/burst of strength) is efficient enough. There was a turmoil, overloads, yak, rapier guy slaying next to me and I was still killing at 2/3rd the speed he was. (oh yea he was 138 im 113 as well)

For boss fights its invaluable for training you dont need best in slot gear to be good.

So its still not objectively the most efficient as theres a huge upfront cost in time and money that simply might be overkill for the training, not to mention the hourly cost (200k for the rapier, more for the overload pot, and prayer pots *all slayers should cannon if they have cannonballs so thats not in the elite vs not*) its like a lvl 100 taking super pots for goblins, sure you can argue it allows you to kill them .43423423 of a second faster but its not worth it.

It is proven that extreme potting, cannon, and turmoiling is efficient on slayer at around 1m/hr or so. 1m/hr is so easy to make even without pro gear at something noob like dks. And .4323433432 seconds or w/e you said, with an average of 4.8 seconds per goblin kill, means that it increases the speed by around 10%. Assuming super sets cost 20k per hour to use, you would have to make 20k in 6 minutes, or 200k an hour for super pots to be efficient. If you come back and argue that a goblin takes more than 4.8 seconds to kill, I will laugh at you. Every braindead level 100 can make 200k an hour, so it is worth it to use super sets on goblins.

The same applies to extremes/turmoil/cannoning, it is in fact worth it. Turmoil speeds you up 20% at a cost of 100k an hour. If you can make 100k in 10 minutes or 600k per hour turmoil is worth it. Chatoic rapier speeds things up 10% at a cost of 80k an hour. If you can make 80k in 6 minutes or 800k per hour rapier is worth it. Extremes speed up 15% and cost 50k an hour to use. If you can make 50k in around 7 minutes or less than 500k an hour extremes are worth it. Every cannonball shot is around 10 slayer experience for 300 gp. You average 40k slayer experience per hour, so it takes 4k cannonballs or 1.2m per hour to be worth it. None of this is taking into account that slayer monsters drop stuff, more kills per hour means more drops and money to cover the extra cost.

Now that I took down your objective argument the only thing that remains is you subjective argument. The only way that you will be correct in your opinion is if you LIKE killing things slower and hitting lower.

Chaotic weapon will take 80 to 100 hrs with crap teams.

Sure if your one and only goal in rs is to get 99 slay that stuff isn't needed, but I assume most people would go for turm/ext/chaotic eventually for one reason or another. It is better to get them before going seriously for slayer than after.

[spoiler=Wall of text]

It is proven that extreme potting, cannon, and turmoiling is efficient on slayer at around 1m/hr or so. 1m/hr is so easy to make even without pro gear at something noob like dks. And .4323433432 seconds or w/e you said, with an average of 4.8 seconds per goblin kill, means that it increases the speed by around 10%. Assuming super sets cost 20k per hour to use, you would have to make 20k in 6 minutes, or 200k an hour for super pots to be efficient. If you come back and argue that a goblin takes more than 4.8 seconds to kill, I will laugh at you. Every braindead level 100 can make 200k an hour, so it is worth it to use super sets on goblins.

The same applies to extremes/turmoil/cannoning, it is in fact worth it. Turmoil speeds you up 20% at a cost of 100k an hour. If you can make 100k in 10 minutes or 600k per hour turmoil is worth it. Chatoic rapier speeds things up 10% at a cost of 80k an hour. If you can make 80k in 6 minutes or 800k per hour rapier is worth it. Extremes speed up 15% and cost 50k an hour to use. If you can make 50k in around 7 minutes or less than 500k an hour extremes are worth it. Every cannonball shot is around 10 slayer experience for 300 gp. You average 40k slayer experience per hour, so it takes 4k cannonballs or 1.2m per hour to be worth it. None of this is taking into account that slayer monsters drop stuff, more kills per hour means more drops and money to cover the extra cost.

Now that I took down your objective argument the only thing that remains is you subjective argument. The only way that you will be correct in your opinion is if you LIKE killing things slower and hitting lower.

no, now dont get me wrong if you have it then its worth it. But the time to get turmoil/extremes/chaotic weapons isnt worth it if you dont already have it.

I dont know the current prices so I will assume that given player A has 70 herb and prayer it will take 300-400mil to get his stats to overloads and turmoil respectively. Now our player makes 1mil an hour (be it whatever method he uses) it would still take him a very long time to these.

Also to the not pro player in this example we can safely assume he does not get into pro dungeoneering groups, either is stuck with noobs or solos, so we can assume that the chaotic weapon will take sometime. I admit im rather ignorant of xp rates in dungeoneering so I will - assume - it takes him another 400 hours to get a chaotic weapon to slay with [feel free to tell me a more accurate xp rate for example guy in this sitution]

So if it takes 800 hours this player couldve indeed gotten 99 slayer (assuming he was lvl 73 slayer, he would of needed to get 15k slayer xp an hour to get 99 in 800 hours) in the time it would take to get this.

Perhaps im way off with the estimate, but at any rate 20% faster doesnt make up for the huge upfront cost of time and effort to get the top of the line stats. Not for training anyways...

PS: the Goblin example was meant that a lvl 100 should 1 shot a goblin most of the time without the use of a potion, so it would be a waste really to pot up on it

Soloig, I guess you could do 1,75 meds an hour with a normal pace. If soloing, that is. Personally, I'd duo in 2:1 with an higher or lower level to take advantage of the easy boss/monsters. 1,75 meds an hour is about 0,5 hours per med.

If the average med floor (Say, 25-29) Gives 10k xp, that's 1750 tokens an hour.

Assuming you find large teams to do dungeons in w117 (1h20 per dungeon (finding teams, bad teams, etc. factored in)) for floors 30+, at 45k xp per dungeon, that's 4500 tokens in 80 minutes, or 3375 tokens per hour.

Assuming an average of floors 1-35 run (Max floor at 69, which would be "halfway" to 80 considering time, IMO), and 6 minutes/small c1 (Say 50 tokens each), smalls from 1-24, that'd be:

Tokens:

50*24+1000*5+4500*6= 33 200 tokens per run.

Time:[/b]

[/i]

24*0.1+5*0.6+6*1,33=13,4 hours per run

therefore, if you get 33k tokens in 13,4 hours on average from 1-80, it's an average of 2475 tokens an hour, or :

81 hours for 200k tokens

That would be a very rough estimate of the time needed to get a chaotic rapier.

It is very possible, at this hour, that my math could be a bit off on some places. feel free to correct. Also, this is a conservative estimate. The thruth for an average player is probably 75 hours, but anyway, the point was to prove that 400 hours was waaaaaay off.

WarBlastoise.png

Your objective argument I agree with, however, while this may seem a little obvious, it requires that you make 3.1m/h. You say 1m/h but it adds to 3.1 so I'm assuming your first figure is including the drops. This is a rather substantial figure (not for some I admit, but for many it is). Anyway, where I'm going with this is that even if I can make that much per hour, it doesn't mean I want to. I'm more happy with not using all the methods you mentioned as it means I don't have to go out and make money, not because I enjoy hitting lower. Therefore, your argument for subjectivity in this particular is flawed.

I picked this out because all of the costs are clearly listed (also it's a recent post), to illustrate the fact that just because I can make a certain amount of money per hour, it doesn't mean I want to. A better term for working out this sort of thing would be the amount someone is willing and able to spend per hour.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Your objective argument I agree with, however, while this may seem a little obvious, it requires that you make 3.1m/h. You say 1m/h but it adds to 3.1 so I'm assuming your first figure is including the drops. This is a rather substantial figure (not for some I admit, but for many it is). Anyway, where I'm going with this is that even if I can make that much per hour, it doesn't mean I want to. I'm more happy with not using all the methods you mentioned as it means I don't have to go out and make money, not because I enjoy hitting lower. Therefore, your argument for subjectivity in this particular is flawed.

I picked this out because all of the costs are clearly listed (also it's a recent post), to illustrate the fact that just because I can make a certain amount of money per hour, it doesn't mean I want to. A better term for working out this sort of thing would be the amount someone is willing and able to spend per hour.

The reality is that the drops completely pay for everything. As I mentioned before, slaying at max speed breaks even, which means it's incredibly efficient.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

@Ob

I'll take your word for it, I was just using the numbers he provided. Also, slayer is my main form of income (in addition to dailies, which go with anything really). So for it to break even for me, is a very poor result. Might not be for others, just on a personal level, and I was making the subjective argument, not the objective one after all.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

No, it's not 3.1m/hr because the speed increases for using every element is additive.

Turmoil vs no prayer - 20% faster , -100k/hr

Chaotic rapier vs whip - 10% faster, -80k/hr

Extremes vs no pots - 15% faster, -50k/hr

45% speed increase using the above at an additional cost of 230k/hr

If you make 500k/hr then you should use the above.

Cannon would be the most expensive element, pushing the figure to 1m/hr, which still is managable.

Even if it would take 400 hours to get chaotic weapon,overloads,turmoil (at 1mil gp per hour and terribly inexperienced at dungeoneering) that time if invested into slayer would still get you very deep into slayer training (or lvl 99 from 73 at 30k xp per hour) before you would be done with the grind for them and still isnt worth the initial effort (for 99 slayer at least).

While i realize that you should get all those eventually for boss hunting, it makes more sense in my situation to train slayer and get combat levels before getting "the most efficient" gear.

I respectfully disagree.

Let's have 2 players, Player A and B. Both have maxed melees, 75 slayer, and get tasks from Kuradal. Player A does not have the levels to use extremes, chaotics, or turmoil, nor does he have the desire to. He is also too frugal to use a cannon. He jumps right training slayer using a whip, with no potions or prayer to aid him. However, Player B spends 80 hours getting a rapier, 30 hours and 70m for 85 herblore and extremes, and 40 hours and 180m getting turmoil.

Now player B is 150 hours behind player A in training slayer (at a 20k/hr rate for A that's 3m xp behind). He's also down 250m. He will, however be able to train 75% faster than player A with cannon, rapier, turmoil, and extremes at an additional cost of 1m/hr. He gets 35k slayer xp/hr.

The 2 players train for an additional 200 hours. Now Player B has trained 7m slayer xp, which is equal to Player A at this point.

So there you go, player B manages to catch up to Player A 63% of the way to 99 slayer. Yes, Player A is 450m richer than B at this point, but the utility of this extra money for him is nearly 0 because he is not spending it to benefit him in any way. And since t=350 hr is the critical point, past that the gp margin will shrink in favor of Player B.

On an objective level, it is always better to get the best skills/gear as soon as you can, assuming you have long term goals.

Subjectively speaking? Some people loathe dungeoneering and will never get a chaotic weapon. Others don't want to pay increased attention to pick up that cannon before it decays, drink that super antifire before it expires, flash turm+ss, etc. So if you train like Player A, that's fine and well and no one should disparage you for it.

@Impressionist

Yeah my mistake, I just used square's figures for how much is made per hour. Your calculation makes things seem much more reasonable.

I will retract that argument and return to my previous one about "wasting" prayer points as to why I don't piety/turmoil, which I'll admit is highly subjective, still works for me though. That's the beauty of subjective efficiency/argument.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

[hide]

Even if it would take 400 hours to get chaotic weapon,overloads,turmoil (at 1mil gp per hour and terribly inexperienced at dungeoneering) that time if invested into slayer would still get you very deep into slayer training (or lvl 99 from 73 at 30k xp per hour) before you would be done with the grind for them and still isnt worth the initial effort (for 99 slayer at least).

While i realize that you should get all those eventually for boss hunting, it makes more sense in my situation to train slayer and get combat levels before getting "the most efficient" gear.

I respectfully disagree.

Let's have 2 players, Player A and B. Both have maxed melees, 75 slayer, and get tasks from Kuradal. Player A does not have the levels to use extremes, chaotics, or turmoil, nor does he have the desire to. He is also too frugal to use a cannon. He jumps right training slayer using a whip, with no potions or prayer to aid him. However, Player B spends 80 hours getting a rapier, 30 hours and 70m for 85 herblore and extremes, and 40 hours and 180m getting turmoil.

Now player B is 150 hours behind player A in training slayer (at a 20k/hr rate for A that's 3m xp behind). He's also down 250m. He will, however be able to train 75% faster than player A with cannon, rapier, turmoil, and extremes at an additional cost of 1m/hr. He gets 35k slayer xp/hr.

The 2 players train for an additional 200 hours. Now Player B has trained 7m slayer xp, which is equal to Player A at this point.

So there you go, player B manages to catch up to Player A 63% of the way to 99 slayer. Yes, Player A is 450m richer than B at this point, but the utility of this extra money for him is nearly 0 because he is not spending it to benefit him in any way. And since t=350 hr is the critical point, past that the gp margin will shrink in favor of Player B.

On an objective level, it is always better to get the best skills/gear as soon as you can, assuming you have long term goals.

Subjectively speaking? Some people loathe dungeoneering and will never get a chaotic weapon. Others don't want to pay increased attention to pick up that cannon before it decays, drink that super antifire before it expires, flash turm+ss, etc. So if you train like Player A, that's fine and well and no one should disparage you for it.

Haha no cannon or super pots or prayer (piety or 15% att and str)? thats a tad bit extreme. I fully agree those should be used whenever you can, however i think the jump from super to extreme pots, piety (or 15% att str/lower lvl curses) to turmoil, whip to Rapier just isnt worth the investment of time. Also the player in my previous examples makes 1mil an hour and is willing to spend it on slayer training (just in sub optimal gear).

However lets follow your example, with one difference - both players are broke. They have all the necessary armor and weapons to slay but no money, they also have maxed melee and lvl 73 slayer (exactly 1mil xp). Player A (who is this guy scrooge or something? ;)) and player B. Player A being the stingy player he is (its rumored that he physically feels a burning sensation in his pants pocket whenever he spends any money) refuses to use cannons, even super pots, or prayer and he rushes off to get his new slayer cape. Player B on the other hand decides he wants to be a pro slayer, so he uses his 1mil an hour money making method for 250 hours and is 250mil richer. He spends 30 hours getting extremes, and 40 on turmoil. Then he runs off to get his rapier (poor guy cant rush properly so no pro group takes him) resulting in an 80 hour agonizing grind to get his rapier.

Player B is 400 hours behind Player A (scrooge) (at 20k xp/h thats 8mil xp behind) however he is 75% faster then player A now ******I wont even factor in additional money making time needed for the hourly cost of his shiny new gear****** he has an xp rate of 35k per hour now.

Both players continue training for 200 more hours. Player A (now has 4 million more xp then before, 1m+8m+4m = 13mil WOOO CAPE) and player B has (7mil xp more then before or 1m+7m = 8mil).

Player A won the race but I would agree is in much worse shape then player B is. If players A and B had lvl 70 combat stats instead of lvl 99 player A could then use his newfound strength to do more efficient money makers, while player B's combat lvl would be far away from maxed out.

[/hide]

Terrible analogy. Why would you make 1m/h when you can make more?

Edit - You didn't account for the fact that some people just last longer. More hours per day. So even if someone spends 500 hours, they may well beat someone who does 200

1mil an hour was part of the given. His situation was meant to disprove my claim that it wouldnt be worth the effort to get the best gear and bonuses for slayer (if you dont already have them). I stated previously that 1mil an hour would be reasonably feasible for someone my level to attain and that even with that big of a money maker, top end gear is not worth it for 99 slayer if you do not already have access to it.

Remember the situation, you start with no money (but you do have your normal slayer armor, and weapons).You have 70 prayer, herblore, 73 slayer, 75 combat stats (mage,range,melee,def) and you want 99 slayer. Given that you can make 1mil an hour is it worth it to get extremes, turmoil, rapier, or just make due with whip, supers, piety. I say no its not, can you prove me wrong?

I don't do the calculations, ask Grimy Bunyip or bladewing

1mil an hour was part of the given. His situation was meant to disprove my claim that it wouldnt be worth the effort to get the best gear and bonuses for slayer (if you dont already have them). I stated previously that 1mil an hour would be reasonably feasible for someone my level to attain and that even with that big of a money maker, top end gear is not worth it for 99 slayer if you do not already have access to it.

Remember the situation, you start with no money (but you do have your normal slayer armor, and weapons).You have 70 prayer, herblore, 73 slayer, 75 combat stats (mage,range,melee,def) and you want 99 slayer. Given that you can make 1mil an hour is it worth it to get extremes, turmoil, rapier, or just make due with whip, supers, piety. I say no its not, can you prove me wrong?

If you use MTK, and farm something like avantoe in between tasks, you should hit enough to buy either gear, turm, or extremes, by the time you get 85 slayer. Playing like 2-3 hours a day, Doing like 3 farm runs a day. If you flip stuff while you slay, you can get 2 of those 3 things by about 87 slayer. By the time you hit 90 slayer, you are going to have the money for all 3. You are not even going to be half way there, and you will have turm, extremes, and max or close to max gear.

So, start slaying, and try to make money in other ways outside of slayer. And pretty soon, you are gonna have the money for the max gear and stats.

pere_grin.png

If you use MTK, and farm something like avantoe in between tasks, you should hit enough to buy either gear, turm, or extremes, by the time you get 85 slayer. Playing like 2-3 hours a day, Doing like 3 farm runs a day. If you flip stuff while you slay, you can get 2 of those 3 things by about 87 slayer. By the time you hit 90 slayer, you are going to have the money for all 3. You are not even going to be half way there, and you will have turm, extremes, and max or close to max gear.

So, start slaying, and try to make money in other ways outside of slayer. And pretty soon, you are gonna have the money for the max gear and stats.

Prove it.

You showed no fact, only opinion.

(Is 99 slayer and fully believes in efficiency, i just wanna play the devils advocate)

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

where is the opinion in that statement? it's all facts (which may or may not be true)

also "it's not worth getting extremes and turmoil" is kinda dumb because, presumably, you don't just stop doing combat at 99. and even if you did stop doing combat, you would go train other skills like... herblore and prayer. :-k

One thing, both players will probably have 80+ melees, considering that 1m slayer xp is approximately 4m xp in melees. (so the ability to use chaotics is there)

I agree with your previous statement that the jump between piety to turmoil or supers to extremes isn't too big. However the jump from whip to rapier is so I will focus on that.

Rapier gives at least a 10% speed boost over whip, while turm compared to piety is around 5-7% and is MUCH more expensive (same with extremes over supers).

And you also have to keep in mind that after you get a rapier, you will be about 20 hours off from unlocking frost dragons which will net you at least 2.5m/hr. In our hypothetical situation, if player B spends 100 hours to get 85 dg to unlock frost dragons, he will bring in 1.5m/hr more than player A. Now he needs to camp frosties for 100 hours to buy extremes and turmoil. He's now unlocked all that stuff but hes 170 hours behind player A. BUT he has accrued 33 effigies in the process (1 effigy per for every 3 hours at frosties is reasonable enough, with player A probably having half that many at this point) If player B saves those until he hits 97-98, that is well over 1.5m slayer xp

Player A spends 600 hours getting 99 slayer.

Player B spends the first 170 getting the gear. Since he's not maxed, let's say he gets 30k/hr now. He spends 400 hours for 99 slayer. So now he's 30 hours ahead of Player A, not even including however more effigies he has.

Now both players are maxed combat, but Player A is still stuck with that 1m/hr moneymaker. He really can't boss without extremes/turm/chaotic effectively at all. Player B, on the other hand, can now net 3.5m/hr at frosties and has GWD/TD open to him.

Rapier gives at least a 10% speed boost over whip, while turm compared to piety is around 5-7% and is MUCH more expensive (same with extremes over supers).

Rapier is, at 80 hours (not unreasonable considering it's a level 110 combat person getting it), worth 80m or 3-4m cheap herb xp, which is enough for extremes. Also you can get around 1m free prayer xp from quests which will take far less time than getting the 25m gp required to pay for it. Turmoil then still costs a lot more of course, but with soul split also saves more time than the dps increase. The same for extremes as they come with superantifires (not that you do all dragon tasks for fast xp, but still).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

where is the opinion in that statement? it's all facts (which may or may not be true)

also "it's not worth getting extremes and turmoil" is kinda dumb because, presumably, you don't just stop doing combat at 99. and even if you did stop doing combat, you would go train other skills like... herblore and prayer. :-k

The facts are based off of his opinion.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Prove it.

You showed no fact, only opinion.

(Is 99 slayer and fully believes in efficiency, i just wanna play the devils advocate)

That is what I did. Between 81 and 85 slayer, I farmed 10k avantoe. I have since farmed another 4k, and profited off of flipping and drops enough to cover an additional 5 herblore levels (91, 92, 93,94, 95). Instead of spending the money on those herblore levels, I could have dumped it into prayer, or kept it to finish off my gear. But prayer wasn't boosted on BXPW, and the only thing I am lacking in gear atm is Claws. So I got Ovls instead.

I have 100% of my goal herblore level, the money for good gear, and I still need the prayer level.

At the rate I am going, I will have 95 prayer and max gear by 90 slayer easily. I don't boss hunt, and I can't do frost dragons yet.

If you want average profit per herb run, check grimy's spreadsheets.

It may not be cold hard math, but my point is that even if you start out with 70 herblore and prayer, you can, without doing combat besides slayer, have maxed gear, turmoil, and extremes. You don't have to go boss hunting, or camp frosties for weeks on end. You can do something you enjoy and still get all the good stuff to do it in easily.

pere_grin.png

Are you just trying to sound rich? Even if you have 1bil that's a waste of 5mil still. Maybe you don't care about wasting it, but it's still a waste.

It's not a waste if it's being used. Id rather have something that is going to help me get something done than 5m sitting in my bank.

Torlen.png

Are you just trying to sound rich? Even if you have 1bil that's a waste of 5mil still. Maybe you don't care about wasting it, but it's still a waste.

It's not a waste if it's being used. Id rather have something that is going to help me get something done than 5m sitting in my bank.

Money, more often than not, loses it's value faster than items, so that's one thing to consider. Also, some people have ridiculous amounts of money and nowhere to put it- none of their goals require gp, thus, it'd be a massive waste to just sit on all that gp.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.