The Wilderness

Vio

I agree, the name 'Wilderness' itself implies a vast space where you can easily get lost. As you said, that's not the case. I think that Jagex should remove a number of the landmarks (most notably the more useless ones) from the area completely. Not only will it help improve the area back to what it was before, but it will make it more appealing for PKers and smaller clans.

Just a few things I'll list

• Remove the Wilderness Volcano entirely - As many have said it's pointless since Bounty Hunter was removed. In regards to the bank there, just move it to the Clan Wars lobby
  • Clan Wars Arena area - Not saying remove the mini-game, but just remove the entire classic map to the north of it. It's incredibly pointless and just creates an eyesore as many have said
  • Make Stealing Creation an underground dungeon - Saves space and a cave can be added in its place which leads to its location

Small changes, but it will improve the look of the "Wilderness" overall.

Nice topic by the way. :thumbup:

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people got lost in the old wildy? TBH, if you got lost in the old wildy, you couldn't use a compass. All you had to do was walk south.

The only thing I miss of older wilderness is the bone yard, everything else is a welcome change to me

Aso, what's with the hate of the wildy volcano, how the hell is it useless? It's a great place to kill greater demons without the annoying dogs (also the best place for them in F2p), it's an uncrowded Ankou and Hellhound area as well. It's also nice for a safe trip to the back of the wildy, since revs don't scout the volcano.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

people got lost in the old wildy? TBH, if you got lost in the old wildy, you couldn't use a compass. All you had to do was walk south.

The only thing I miss of older wilderness is the bone yard, everything else is a welcome change to me

Aso, what's with the hate of the wildy volcano, how the hell is it useless? It's a great place to kill greater demons without the annoying dogs (also the best place for them in F2p), it's an uncrowded Ankou and Hellhound area as well. It's also nice for a safe trip to the back of the wildy, since revs don't scout the volcano.

+1.

But expect a post along the lines of "but who bothers with tasks like greaters, and hellhounds? And who'd waste their time on Ankous?"

The Volcano is far from useless.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

Kuradal's dungeon.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

[*]As if they're not ridiculously OPed enough, let's make them MORE OPed! Yay!

Revs are not OP in the slightest. I used to go rev hunting for fun when I was a 120-something.

Yes, but you were in a situation where you were going to combat Revenants. People who, for instance, need to make a quick jog across the Wilderness are going to find Teleblocking, Freezing and Mage/Range quite annoying, no?

Karil's + ranged protect = useless rev. :huh:

You're gonna take Karil's just to make a run to do a non-wizard/combat Clue Scroll? :roll:

OT: Really, with a weekly update, it's inevitable that more and more stuff will flood into areas that are deserted. I wouldn't be surprised to see the desert start cluttering up a bit.

I take void when going into the wilderness for a clue. I would also bring crapier (if I got a clue now) and food and pots. I'd kill the wizard in two hits + any revs I might meet because I can just ssplit them and they'll be too busy eating.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Don't think people these days will get lost, south = no more wildy. If I was really lost I would open the world map and see my marker.

Disable your game radar in the wilderness (the same way it is disabled at Barrows). Now THAT would make combat in the wilderness interesting.

Kuradal's dungeon.

F2P?

Personally I think they should bring back the boneyard. I got 43 prayer in f2p there. Frankly, you can't keep the new wilde content AND have powerful revs making the place dangerous. I think Revs are fine how they are; a little precaution and they aren't very dangerous, true, but that allows Jagex to make more content in the wilde imo.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Kuradal's dungeon.

Very helpful if you use Duradel. :ugeek:

Kuradal's dungeon.

F2P?

Personally I think they should bring back the boneyard. I got 43 prayer in f2p there. Frankly, you can't keep the new wilde content AND have powerful revs making the place dangerous. I think Revs are fine how they are; a little precaution and they aren't very dangerous, true, but that allows Jagex to make more content in the wilde imo.

It would be better to remove the volcano, and leave a little area for greater demons. The biggest part why I hate the volcano is that it's walls block out a huge portion of the wilderness. A small area, like a lava rift with some greaters around similar to the hill giants a little south could work well.

I miss the boneyard also, I got 43 prayer there on 3 accounts in F2P. Collecting bones slowly being damaged by skeletons while a white dot appears, trying to log off but need to wait for 10 seconds. Good times.

vizardsig-1.png

Actually, I take back what I said -- I might hesitate to bring my best gear to the CE. Three rev knights isn't that scary, but three rev knights and the CE would make me sweat. On the other hand, I could easily get back to my grave.

I can't say I miss the time before gravestones.

I walked into 3 orcs and 3 knights near the agility arena doing a clue. Apparently it doesn't matter whether you are in single or not. If they are in multi, they can pile you. I wasn't really paying attention, but I got back to my grave no with like 1:30 to spare, even after forgetting a slash weapon when I went to the net the first time.

pere_grin.png

Kuradal's dungeon.

I said best for F2p, didn't say best for P2p. Anyways, for those that can't use Kuradal yet, it's the best spot.

My point stands

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Back in the day when the minimap got blurry in the wildy and there wasn't a "you are here" marker on the map and then the minimap went black by lvl 20 and it was barren. Those were the days pking was worth it.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Anyone else sick of all these topics popping up about how "this used to be better" or how "this was ruined"? Should I make a new topic saying how I liked Falador when it was built from grey stone? Or how I wish we could hold two handed swords over our shoulders again? Maybe how goblins used to look so much better back in the old days? Every other second, someone makes a new topic complaining about something. I'd suggest moving these to the Rants forum, but I propose we have a new "Whining/Nostalgia" forum.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Well, I like the safe route the wilderness volcano provides to the back of the wildy. Even if they did just make it into a dungeon, my point was it wasn't useless, which it isn't.

I never said anything about clan wars, I really don't mind or like it being there, since I rarely (if ever) go on that side of the wilderness

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Guest tip3074

Now, that is something I would rather enjoy. Perhaps the same magics that block your teleporting disable it rather quickly upon entering.

Just enjoy your magic.

Anyone else sick of all these topics popping up about how "this used to be better" or how "this was ruined"? Should I make a new topic saying how I liked Falador when it was built from grey stone? Or how I wish we could hold two handed swords over our shoulders again? Maybe how goblins used to look so much better back in the old days? Every other second, someone makes a new topic complaining about something. I'd suggest moving these to the Rants forum, but I propose we have a new "Whining/Nostalgia" forum.

But I like holding my 2h over my shoulder. Seriously, you know how heavy those things are?

Ya, the nostalgia is getting annoying but at least there are some decent suggestions in this thread. Having the chaos ele roam the entire wild would make hunting it alot more fun. Especially since you would then have to deal with reverent packs while trying to find it.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Hey all the new people. Let me reveal a big secret:

The Wilderness was never good.

Enjoy your day. :thumbsup:

Thank you for another veteran that speaks the truth instead of masturbating to nostalgia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------