What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

My Sister's Keeper for like the fourth time

I [bleep]ing love Jodi Picoult. I've read The Pact, My Sister's Keeper, Plain Truth, Songs of the Humpback Whale, Handle with Care, Change of Heart, Vanishing Acts, and Perfect Match.

Also just started Picture Perfect.

I recommend every single one of these books.

Omg I love Jodi Picoult too. I still need to read some of them though, I have loads though.

Seventeen Minutes is one of my favourites along with Handle with Care and Change of Heart <3

I'll read Seventeen Minutes once I'm done. Best IMO are My Sister's Keeper, Change of Heart, and Plain Truth or Handle with Care. And she's coming out with a new one sometime in the near future, Singing on Home or something like that.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Just read the second Hunger Games. It was pretty good, looking forward to the third now.

Bit of a change, but I'm going to start reading Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child. My dad has at least 40 of those kinda books, by the likes of Tom Clancy, Clive Clussler, and a few others. So if I get into them I have reading material for a good few years.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Finished the Analects. I often feel, on this thread, that I should read these hungry games books, but I can't say I've ever heard of them. Anyone care to enlighten me as to their content?

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Finished the Analects. I often feel, on this thread, that I should read these hungry games books, but I can't say I've ever heard of them. Anyone care to enlighten me as to their content?

Well, from seeing which books you've read the last few weeks, I would guess that it's not exactly your kind of book. I'll give you a short summary nonetheless.

First of all, it's a fantasy/maybe scifi kind of book, set sometime in the future, north america. There aren't too many fantasy elements really, just a few things that wouldn't work in the real world but besides that it's all realistic stuff. No dragons, fairies or whatever. You should also keep in mind that it's mainly a book for youths - doesn't mean adults can't read them, just to give you an idea of what to expect. Better than most other books for youths I've read though :P

North America is now a big country now called Panem, divided into twelve districts and the capitol, which is an authoritarian regime over the districts. Each year, every district has to offer two tributes who will participate in the hunger games. The hunger games simply consist of a big arena with supplies, traps etc. where all 24 tributes are put in, and the last one to survive wins. When the protagonist's (katniss) little sister is chosen as a tribute, she volunteers to go in her stead. The rest of the first book basically plays in the arena, where she's torn between wanting to survive and not wanting to kill others, especially her co-tribute from district 12, who she knows and (maybe) has feelings for.

Of course a lot more than that happens, but I think that's all I can easily tell you without too much spoiling.

Finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night. As soon as I finished it I bought The girl who Played with Fire, and went to bed. Hopefully it will be as good as the second one :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Just started in Terry Goodkind's Soul of the Fire. So far so good. :thumbup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I started reading the first of hunger games last night, only ~100 pages to go. I feel like its a dumbed down/teenagerized Battle Royale, a book I'm always quick to recommend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale

I loved the hell out of Battle Royale, the novel and the manga.

Do you know where I could get hold of the manga?

(i.e. is a pirated version floating around the internet?)

hiccup.png

I started reading the first of hunger games last night, only ~100 pages to go. I feel like its a dumbed down/teenagerized Battle Royale, a book I'm always quick to recommend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale

I loved the hell out of Battle Royale, the novel and the manga.

Do you know where I could get hold of the manga?

(i.e. is a pirated version floating around the internet?)

You can read it at MangaFox

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The Great Gatsby. Meh so far.

It gets better at the end. Keep reading.

Gatsby was good, but the rest of Fitzgerald's work is far too emotionally indecisive, much like him.

I started reading One-Dimensional Man by Herbert Marcuse. A very thoughtful critique of modern industrial society.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Read chapter 7, will finish for Thursday. Still don't like it very much. It seems like all the characters except Nick are ridiculously shallow and/or stupid. At least Myrtle's dead, she was by far the most annoying.

PM me for fitocracy invite