What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

Finished Inheritance last night. I enjoyed the ending and I appreciate the length of the "epilogue."

[hide=Spoilers]Most books like this end abruptly when the evil guy gets killed.. But this book continued on for several more chapters to really wrap things up. I like that :P[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Does anyone like to read graphic novels? I just finished Ocean and the artwork was pretty awesome.

The only similar thing I'm reading is a webcomic with a continuous storyline, Questionable Content. I like it quite a lot :P

Why'd you link to a tablet huh? :P

That series is quite funny, I'll be reading it. Thanks for posting that.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Does anyone like to read graphic novels? I just finished Ocean and the artwork was pretty awesome.

The only similar thing I'm reading is a webcomic with a continuous storyline, Questionable Content. I like it quite a lot :P

I read 4 webcomics, QC not being one of them. :razz:

Misfile, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Least I Could Do, and Girls With Slingshots

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Just went through Catching Fire, the second book of the hunger games in a single sitting (like I did for the first one). In all honesty, if I thought my brain was up to the task of 12 consecutive hours of reading, I'd still be in bed with book number 3. I think this series has finally knocked the Belgariad and the Mallorean off the pedestal of my favourite series, which is no easy feat. I loved those books. Next time I can line up 6 or 7 hours, and I can spare the sleep, I'll finish off the Hunger Games series, and then next on my list is Inheritance which I am afraid is large enough that I doubt I can get through it in one go (I'm guessing 12 to 14 hours to get through that one), no matter how compelling it turns out to be.

Just went through Catching Fire, the second book of the hunger games in a single sitting (like I did for the first one). In all honesty, if I thought my brain was up to the task of 12 consecutive hours of reading, I'd still be in bed with book number 3. I think this series has finally knocked the Belgariad and the Mallorean off the pedestal of my favourite series, which is no easy feat. I loved those books. Next time I can line up 6 or 7 hours, and I can spare the sleep, I'll finish off the Hunger Games series, and then next on my list is Inheritance which I am afraid is large enough that I doubt I can get through it in one go (I'm guessing 12 to 14 hours to get through that one), no matter how compelling it turns out to be.

I'm just finishing the third Hunger Games book, and they really are impossible to put down. I have it out on my desk at school and read it between notes. XD

They really are some of my favourite books in a while, going to be sad when I finish the third book later today. :(

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I read the Hunger games series over I think it was a week. They're really gripping books. I wouldn't say that they're the best pieces of literature, most teen-aimed novels aren't, but they're a wonderful read and I'm excited to see the film when it comes out.

I do have a problem with the rabid teenage fandom though and Team Peeta/Gale. Probably what I least enjoyed in the series was the romance, I found the characters, setting and wider plot to be more interesting than shipping wars.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I read the Hunger games series over I think it was a week. They're really gripping books. I wouldn't say that they're the best pieces of literature, most teen-aimed novels aren't, but they're a wonderful read and I'm excited to see the film when it comes out.

I do have a problem with the rabid teenage fandom though and Team Peeta/Gale. Probably what I least enjoyed in the series was the romance, I found the characters, setting and wider plot to be more interesting than shipping wars.

^this 100% :P

I will watch the movie, but I guess I won't be watching the sequels, seeing as how it is being marketed as the next big teen thing after twilight >.>

The books were actually to pull off a love story without too much kitsch, but I feel like the movie will be ripping apart the good parts of the novels and focus on the whole teen love story thingy again, since that's what apparently attracts the big masses of cinema viewers.

[hide=Hunger Games Spoilers]I hated the romance in the Hunger Games. It honestly annoyed me that she had to fake romance during the games to get sponsors.. and then later on it REALLY annoyed me when she couldn't decide between Peeta and Gale. I kind of wanted to smack her.

I loved the rest of the books though :P Although I kind of didn't like how... "fake"(?) the last book felt. She didn't feel like a real hero or anything since it was all focused around creating propaganda rather than her actually going out and pwning people (there was a bit of that too but most of it wasn't).[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

[hide=Hunger Games Spoilers]I hated the romance in the Hunger Games. It honestly annoyed me that she had to fake romance during the games to get sponsors.. and then later on it REALLY annoyed me when she couldn't decide between Peeta and Gale. I kind of wanted to smack her.

I loved the rest of the books though :P Although I kind of didn't like how... "fake"(?) the last book felt. She didn't feel like a real hero or anything since it was all focused around creating propaganda rather than her actually going out and pwning people (there was a bit of that too but most of it wasn't).[/hide]

Both of those were a bit of hate-love for me. On one hand, I didn't really like it and it put me off...but on the other hand, because of that, it just felt that much more realistic, which also kinda made the books better.

Both of those were a bit of hate-love for me. On one hand, I didn't really like it and it put me off...but on the other hand, because of that, it just felt that much more realistic, which also kinda made the books better.

This is me. While I can't say the romances were exactly enhancing my enjoyment of the books, I must admit that it made things a lot more believable for me, and they were really well done. That's really what I loved about the books was how real they felt. When I put the third book down, I felt like I had read something out of real history (despite the books being set in the future), rather than a story someone made up.

Just finished 'Life of Pi' and was pretty much blown away, a question below if anyone on this thread has read it and to avoid a spoiler if you intend to read it (highly recommended)

Which ending did you choose to believe? Or did you choose to believe neither?

Starting up on 'My Favourite Wife' by T.Parsons now :D Have a nice day!

6660_6.jpg

Started reading The Girl with the Dragon tattoo. I have never been a big reader at all, but I deiced I should change this. I bought a kindle fire with my chech change money from college and that was the first book I bought. I have yo say both were good decisions. The book it's self was a little difficult at first, but now I am starting to get into it. Can't wait to start reading the next one.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Started on 'New Spring' in the WoT series a week ago, but I am taking my sweet time, mainly because I am waiting for a response from my library about the first five books I requested. Secondly, I am slacking as usual since I would've been done with the book by now. Next time I go to my library, I might check out A Game of Thrones since I have not really got around to trying that out when I promised to months ago.

Someone brought down and finished the first hunger games book to camp, so I read it over the last few days that were left there. Already up to page 180. I need to get it for myself though.

After that I am going to read Eragon.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Speaking of Eragon, I should really read the last two books just so for the completion's sake but I cannot tolerate Paolini's writing style now because he seems to over-do things in my opinion (I got through 50 pages and I swear he wasn't even done moving the plot because he was describing the scenery). I have yet to try The Hunger Games even though I was thinking about it since October of last year.

Just finished My Grandfather's Son by Clarence Thomas, and Being George Washington by Glenn Beck.

Started Ameritopia by Mark Levin.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

My Sister's Keeper for like the fourth time

I [bleep]ing love Jodi Picoult. I've read The Pact, My Sister's Keeper, Plain Truth, Songs of the Humpback Whale, Handle with Care, Change of Heart, Vanishing Acts, and Perfect Match.

Also just started Picture Perfect.

I recommend every single one of these books.

PM me for fitocracy invite

My Sister's Keeper for like the fourth time

I [bleep]ing love Jodi Picoult. I've read The Pact, My Sister's Keeper, Plain Truth, Songs of the Humpback Whale, Handle with Care, Change of Heart, Vanishing Acts, and Perfect Match.

Also just started Picture Perfect.

I recommend every single one of these books.

Omg I love Jodi Picoult too. I still need to read some of them though, I have loads though.

Seventeen Minutes is one of my favourites along with Handle with Care and Change of Heart <3

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Currently reading Confucius' Analects. They're dated and as such redundant, but nevertheless they're worth it from a historical perspective.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau