Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.It Times - 7th November 2010 (Writing Contest Winners!)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

This week we have our regular articles along with the winning fictional and editorial articles from our recent writing competition :)

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
yeh it sucks that they purposely put members doors..................it sucks that theyy have that cap

they shuld have just made it sliding instead of half exp...

f2p shuldnt be faster than members no but why an 89 train faster tan memberS?

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Hegelstad
  • Clan:Team Bring It
Interconnected quests are for the win! I enjoyed the second article for sure!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs
Definitely an awesome week! I enjoyed reading all four articles:

Xp Cap: I definitely agree with you. I never understoof why they have done it like this, and their excuse for the members' doors in dungeoneering is pathetic. There's still a lot left to be done here.

Storyline: yes, yes and yes! I'm on my way to the questcape at the moment, and it really makes a world of a difference if it's some random quest like one small favour or one that actually has a story to appeal.

Fictional 1: You, sir, are awesome. I thorougly enjoyed reading those detailed descriptions, and until now this is the best fictional I have read. Period. I hope there's more to come =)

Fictional 2:Looks interesting, but I guess I'll have to wait to see how it evolves. No comment atm.

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts
For those that have embarked on the adventure that is reading the 1st part of the eight-parter: the real story is yet to begin :)

So I understand it if you cannot comment on it ;)

I would like to ask you to (and I will ask this for the next 6 weeks too) to rethink and repeat your thoughts on it by the time it is finished (somewhere close to new years)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

dangerouslysafekid
[ Display Name History ]

dangerouslysafekid

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 40 posts
I really agree with the statements in the f2p dungeneering article. The 'not-followed-consistancy' irritates me when dungeoneering and even makes me stop playing it whilst it should be a high valuable form of gameplay.
-------------------Proud Pure F2P-------------------
Posted Image

EU Slayer
[ Display Name History ]

EU Slayer

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • RSN:EU Slayer
  • Clan:Leader of EU.
I Love fictional articiles, as i rarely read the other articiles as i find them opinion pieces and most ppls opinions don't match
But ye looking forward to the rest of these 2 stories <3

Don't let me down ts_Stormrage, you got somthing quite interesting with your story going

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts
I wont :D

Some artwork was meant to accompany every issue, but that didnt turn out right for this one... (a scanner broke etc)...
I will see if it can be added once I have it in hands :)

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Racer434
[ Display Name History ]

Racer434

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Hegiran
  • RSN2:sirfights5
Sees_all's article was amazing, it really helped convey the feelings of that 5% who are cursed with higher combat on f2p worlds. =D>

In any case I would also like to applaud the creative pieces... They were pretty fun to read
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Sees_all's article was amazing, it really helped convey the feelings of that 5% who are cursed with higher combat on f2p worlds. =D>

In any case I would also like to applaud the creative pieces... They were pretty fun to read

You're too kind.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

EU Slayer
[ Display Name History ]

EU Slayer

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 235 posts

I wont :D

Some artwork was meant to accompany every issue, but that didnt turn out right for this one... (a scanner broke etc)...
I will see if it can be added once I have it in hands :)

You better not >=)
And woot =D

my favorite part of tip.it times has always been the stories, should resolve to put out alot more of em in 2011 for people like me, tbh.. :pray:

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts
Lets first bring this one to a proper end...

And by then I'll probably want to write editorials instead of fictionals, cuz thats what I normally do (this is the first proper fictional i've ever written)...

But I promise you that if I get a good idea; I'll write it down :D

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

BioIce
[ Display Name History ]

BioIce

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Considering that level 3 leechers - who I consider a different breed from real level 3 skillers as night is different from day - are the player-found solution to the 50% experience cap, Jagex will likely not do anything else about it or put their fix at the very, very bottom of the priority list. But good on you Sees to air the dirty laundry, so to speak.

Nothing more permanent than a temporary measure. Heh. :roll:
Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

Posted Image

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RSN:Dexek
Thanks for the positive comments. I however will likely not be able to continue writing my story until Christmas break in December, as my classes are very demanding of my time, and have even caused me to stop playing Runescape.

The editorials were a good read, and brought up some interesting points. I can't imagine trying to get through Dungeoneering on F2P with the severe limitations Jagex has put in place.

Ts_Stormrage, I like what your writings reminded me of as I read it. Growing up on a farm all my life, we lived out in the bush in the middle of nowhere, near a lake. I could relate to the need to get enough firewood for the winter, to have to catch fish (as we do it every winter commercially), and the hunting of animals (generally deer) to fill the freezers. I love when I can relate to the story, even in a small way because it brings me into the story. I'm looking forward to how the story develops over the course of the next few weeks. :thumbup:

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Mythrandir
[ Display Name History ]

Mythrandir

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • RSN:Mythrandir
I was pleasantly surprised by Sees_all1's article. It clearly explained an inconsistency in Jagex's policies without just ranting and, better yet, addressed the solution. It was nice to see an article that commented on an article rather than just explaining it, and was one of the best Times articles I've seen in the past couple of months. Kudos to him/her.

EU Slayer
[ Display Name History ]

EU Slayer

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 235 posts

Lets first bring this one to a proper end...

And by then I'll probably want to write editorials instead of fictionals, cuz thats what I normally do (this is the first proper fictional i've ever written)...

But I promise you that if I get a good idea; I'll write it down :D

My comment wasn't just directed at you but all story makers here at Tip.it, But yes I am a fan of your writing Ts even if sometimes I may not agree with it.

What i'd love to see personally is a fictional story based on the events that happened in While guthix sleeps, Nomads Requiem, and The Lastest elf quest (temple of light?, not sure)

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
One of the not so 'typical' articles, finally. Sees_all should be nominated for the Editorial panel, in fairness. Actually agreed with most of the points addressed. (Damn long though, 1477 words!)

This is why Free to Play worlds is so... unappealing. Inconsistent, laggy, and just plain irritating.

About the other articles; I never read fictionals, I'd rather read a novel. The quest article was a bit of a drag, couldn't be bothered to read it.

Emerson
[ Display Name History ]

Emerson

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • RSN:I HaveSword

About the other articles; I never read fictionals, I'd rather read a novel. The quest article was a bit of a drag, couldn't be bothered to read it.

Ok, we get it, there are about 5 of you regulars who don't "waste their time" reading our fictional pieces. There is no need to remind us about it every week we post one. :wall:
"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"
"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"
"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"
"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
I definitely agree with the dg article. Now with occult and warped floors, no high level P2P player would use F2P. Granted that people who haven't reached that point would then use F2P worlds until then, SA's recommendation of some sort of scaling factor would make much more sense.

xxshady
[ Display Name History ]

xxshady

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xxshady

Ok, we get it, there are about 5 of you regulars who don't "waste their time" reading our fictional pieces. There is no need to remind us about it every week we post one. :wall:

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than 5 people who skip the fictionals. Don't kid yourselves now ;)

As for the DG Article: I completely agree, and I was genuinely surprised when I found out that f2p worlds still had the members doors. Another example of Jagex having poor communication and consistency.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users