24-Nov-2010 � Herblore Habitat

Dragondan_Ro

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, and if I don't get the last jadinko this week (zamorak) but get it next week, will I still get the witchdoctors mask? (I have sara and guthix)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Mmk so draconic. I'd have to hunt for striped vines and hunter pots first though, was wondering if it might be better to hunt the highest one you dont need that for (carrion at 505 xp instead of 525 for draconic).

2dvjurb.png

I think that carrion + igneous is best. They take totally different requirements but if you "summon" one, then take the habitat away and create the right combination for the other, they both stay there. The first will disappear after a certain length of time (not sure exactly, I think it's atleast 30 mins - though if you log out it will disappear right away) but while they are both there you can get some sweet exp. Plus the marble vines are useful for farming pots, and the pungent are good for supercompost.

Best place to hunt them is in the little square enclosure between the vine bridge and the vine at the back of the compost bin.

Neither of them require hunter pots, the only time you have to move is to replant the other habitat.

Oh, and igneous drop bush seeds and carrion drop herb seeds (it says in the knowledge base that carrion are also bush seed droppers but try it, they only drop herb seeds). So you should theoretically never run out of kalf/lerg seeds to create the right habitat for the jadinkos, and you'll also get herb seeds to plant as you go.

Regarding exp rates, I'm only 81 hunter and was getting around 130kexp/hour using zamorak's favour potions. I've got a lot of them (350 zamorak vines waiting for samaden herbs) so can realisitically use them the whole time. I'll try with an arctic bear and see what kind of exp/hour i can get and post it up if anyones interested. Can't really be bothered to make 350 scentless potions though ha ha, tracking takes much longer to gather vines.

:thumbup:

EDIT: @D Jay, I don't think you'd need to hunt striped vines for hunter pots, they take corrupt ones. Just a heads up.

Peace.

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

Ah pretty helpful and yeah I noticed 1 species remains in the area for a while after you chance the habitat, should help xp/h.

Also I meant striped vines to ward away the common jadinkos while hunting draconics, since they give quite a lot less xp. Might be better to catch them anyway though

2dvjurb.png

Ok, and if I don't get the last jadinko this week (zamorak) but get it next week, will I still get the witchdoctors mask? (I have sara and guthix)

No.

Normal clothe reward is for catching 1 of each jad in that week (excluding god jads)

The mask is reward for catching ALL jads in the week including the god ones.

Come midnight tuesday in GMT it resets and you will have to catch them all if you want the mask.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wait, i lose the mask?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

No once you have it you don;t lose it.

But you have to attract and catch 1 of every jadinko in a single week to obtain it. Not some 1 week and some another.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I might add a small update: regular torstol farming is currently unfeasible even in the Trollheim patch. Herbs are still at 48k but seeds are at 404k med and buying slowly at max.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I might add a small update: regular torstol farming is currently unfeasible even in the Trollheim patch. Herbs are still at 48k but seeds are at 404k med and buying slowly at max.

Right now the merchants are just capitalizing on the update so it's not really a showing of what actual torstol farming will be in the future, but no doubt it's no longer profitable without potions(but the change is second to none for other herbs, bar maybe snap).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Can anyone confirm if you have to actually catch the jads to get witchdoctor pieces or just attract them?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Can anyone confirm if you have to actually catch the jads to get witchdoctor pieces or just attract them?

You have to catch 1 of each.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I just got a 2nd top, so looks like I'll have to do it next week again

Same here. Didn't get a 2nd mask though, even though I caught the godly ones. I guess that's just one-at-a-time reward.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I just got a 2nd top, so looks like I'll have to do it next week again

Same here. Didn't get a 2nd mask though, even though I caught the godly ones. I guess that's just one-at-a-time reward.

Would make sense since the mask reward can reward only 1 item and therefore a simple do they have mask? yes > don;t give mask check can be applied.

Where as the body pieces is given "randomly" and has two possible rewards; though tbf if jagex weren't darn lazy sometimes they could of easily put a check in so it checks if you have top and/or legs having 1 gives the other have both gives neither.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This minigame connects several skills to each other, gives an incentive to use herblore/farming even after 99.

It also offers a nice alternative to butterflies for those on their way to 99 hunter.

Great update in my opinion.

More of the same this please! :thumbsup:

This minigame connects several skills to each other, gives an incentive to use herblore/farming even after 99.

It also offers a nice alternative to butterflies for those on their way to 99 hunter.

More of the same please! :thumbsup:

okay

[hide]2rfbr5k.png[/hide]

2dvjurb.png

More of the same please! :thumbsup:

okay

[hide]2rfbr5k.png[/hide]

I see what you did there. Lol.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.