24-Nov-2010 � Herblore Habitat

Dragondan_Ro

worth getting a few of each pot for next week, remember the god jadinkos might use a different pot next week ;)

I thought only the juju hunter potions could attract Jadinko's. :o

The god ones were a bit of a pain, but I got them in the end. They really need to beef up the drop rate of these seeds though. Takes age's to get.

God ones seem to be different for each player as well.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worth getting a few of each pot for next week, remember the god jadinkos might use a different pot next week ;)

How do you figure this?

The hunter juju specifically says for attracting more uncommon jads.

Hunter pot is the only one you can use on plants.

KB clearly sates "God jadinkos will only be attracted by those under the influence of juju hunter potions."

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I got to experience Jagex's changes to "Right Click" while Dungeoneering today. Not really sure why they thought this was better than the old system, though I don't PvP so I guess it might have improved things there. Made picking useful stuff in Dungeoneering a slow process though :thumbdown:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I thought only the juju hunter potions could attract Jadinko's. :o

The god ones were a bit of a pain, but I got them in the end. They really need to beef up the drop rate of these seeds though. Takes age's to get.

God ones seem to be different for each player as well.

Ah then that makes it even easier for me next week, I've made about 18 of those pots and once I get the next part of the witchdoctor set I won't be returning woopwoop :P I didn't fully read the knowledge base on the god jadinkos, I just wasn't expecting them to hand it to players on a sliver platter is all

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I got to experience Jagex's changes to "Right Click" while Dungeoneering today. Not really sure why they thought this was better than the old system, though I don't PvP so I guess it might have improved things there. Made picking useful stuff in Dungeoneering a slow process though :thumbdown:

Same with picking stuff up from your grave. Slow, slow, slow.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Its easier than before once you get used to it.

I can pick up what I want instead of having to take up a whole inventory to get at something.

I lost a fire cape to the old system, so I'm happy about this change. :thumbup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I can pick up what I want instead of having to take up a whole inventory to get at something.

You are probably the only person who actually likes it.

td2sig.jpg

Of course he is, the guy is devil's advocate, when is the last time he *didn't* go against the grain? Same one who strikes down proven xp / gp rates.

OT, the start of my soon to be enormous collection... I love these potions. Especially the mining ones.

a2bc90a1814016c15ad4abd4dc69e10e.png

Woodcut, Fishing, Mining, Farming, in that order.

I have plenty of the herbs, just shy on a few vines, since I had to pot for Draconics, etc.

Are the mining ones any good then?

I have over 50 farming pots so far, useful as I'm farming my own herbs for 99 herblore at the moment. Samaden seeds take a little longer to get, I was going to use most of them on zamoraks favour to be honest, 10% extra hunter exp is not bad at all. But if the mining pot is good i may spread it out a bit :) (making the 350 zammy spines i just caught kinda pointless!)

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

Of course he is, the guy is devil's advocate, when is the last time he *didn't* go against the grain? Same one who strikes down proven xp / gp rates.

OT, the start of my soon to be enormous collection... I love these potions. Especially the mining ones.

a2bc90a1814016c15ad4abd4dc69e10e.png

Woodcut, Fishing, Mining, Farming, in that order.

I have plenty of the herbs, just shy on a few vines, since I had to pot for Draconics, etc.

I love their look. :P Gatorade ftw.

Try looting food or picking up items on death with the new system.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Try looting food or picking up items on death with the new system.

Going to be easy if I die.

Its all about priorities now.

Its not about jamming buttons and filling up your inventory with food, pots, or junk.

Then having to walk a few spaces away and drop some of the junk.

Then walk back to your death pile pick up some gear, inventory fills again.

Then walk somewhere else, drop some more junk.

Then back, get some more gear, if it's still there...

That would be you starting petitions on RSOF.

Also, make believe xp /gp rates deserve criticism not a pat on the ego.

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Its not about jamming buttons and filling up your inventory with food, pots, or junk.

Except normally I can just right-click spam everything on top of my deathpile and still get everything back...

This is also a huge pain in the ass while dging, because you won't be able to loot food that easily. With low LP, spam-clicking the food really is important...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Before you could click on the pile until all the very expensive items are taken and then take the rest of the low alch items and non-food items. Now, you have to right click everything, which is terrible. Definitely not an improvement.

Also, how can you criticize gp/xp rates when they are effectively a constant. It would be like you criticizing the universal gas constant just because it can have too many dimensions, which, no doubt, you'd do.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Before you could click on the pile until all the very expensive items are taken and then take the rest of the low alch items and non-food items. Now, you have to right click everything, which is terrible. Definitely not an improvement.

Also, how can you criticize gp/xp rates when they are effectively a constant. It would be like you criticizing the universal gas constant just because it can have too many dimensions, which, no doubt, you'd do.

Its actually the opposite lol.

Gear is always on bottom or least it was the last time I died.

But, now I don't have to worry about that. :thumbup:

Textbook constants (stefan-boltzmann, avagadro's, etc...) have withstood criticism and experimental refinement from various groups over decades.

Not, hey my friend got 100k xp/hr mining & dropping at that living cavern place.

Golvellius.png

Gear being on the bottom is a problem... And even you can't deny this, the new system isn't a definite improvement over the old one in every situation, let alone most situations(which kind of questions the need for an update like this).

As for constants, the problem with those is designing experiments which could predict the accuracy of the constant to the 7+(up to around 10th) digit, which is not really a problem for normal usage(accuracy up to the 3rd or 4th digit is usually more than enough). I mentioned gp/ xp rates, which are constant at given ge prices, not xp/h rates, which depend on alot of factors which can't be accounted for accurately, but can be estimated as an average(someone could say they got 150k mining xp an hour, but when you take filling BA horn into account, the xp rate is only around 110k an hour).

Gear being on the bottom is a problem... And even you can't deny this, the new system isn't a definite improvement over the old one in every situation, let alone most situations(which kind of questions the need for an update like this).

As for constants, the problem with those is designing experiments which could predict the accuracy of the constant to the 7+(up to around 10th) digit, which is not really a problem for normal usage(accuracy up to the 3rd or 4th digit is usually more than enough). I mentioned gp/ xp rates, which are constant at given ge prices, not xp/h rates, which depend on alot of factors which can't be accounted for accurately, but can be estimated as an average(someone could say they got 150k mining xp an hour, but when you take filling BA horn into account, the xp rate is only around 110k an hour).

I can most certainly deny this 150k/hr with horns nonsense.

That would be 75k/hr regular.

Thats a stretch.

If you would have said 65k/hr I might believe it, since I don't drop and get about 50-55k/hr...

Golvellius.png

I can most certainly deny this 150k/hr with horns nonsense.

That would be 75k/hr regular.

Thats a stretch.

If you would have said 65k/hr I might believe it, since I don't drop and get about 50-55k/hr...

I think the absolute best mining xp on gold at living caverns is 80k an hour assuming mousekeys for dropping. I think lover romeo claimed a rate of 85k an hour on granite before horns were released, so 150k xp in a single hour is possible, but not an average(but we are getting a bit much off-topic, my love).

There's a big difference on what's theoretically possible and what is manageable i guess. If you play the game like a robot, expect to get close to the max rates. Otherwise drop 20% or so off the max & even more if you're half paying attention etc.

So yes based on the mechanics of the game & ticks & dropping etc, etc, 80k an hour is entirely possible, just not plausible for most people. So most people refer to a particular method at their max (game mechanics allowing) rate. As it's easier to compare between methods that way.

However it's not possible to dispute what is technically achievable. But depending on individual's play style you will forge your own personal xp rate.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

20% is a bit high though, don't you think?

It's just a random estimate. But in tick related activities where mass amounts of interaction is needed on a per tick basis, you can imagine missing ~40% of ticks(remember a tick is only 0.6 seconds) or so will heavily impact on the xp acquired.

Good example is barbarian fishing for that. But again depending on your play style, latency etc, this will be different for everyone.

So always take Xp rates with a pinch of salt, however you can't dispute that they aren't actually possible, as the game based on its mechanics, allows it to be possible.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

ok i seem to have cycled through almost all options and not once did I even get the hint that I had 2 or 3 features correct...

I did manage to get all normal and even guthix and saradomin, but no hint on zamorak's jadinko...

How would I go about finding the right stuff? and while cycling through it all; do I need juju hunter potion active to recieve hints?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

If you're not getting any hints, I would probably suggest trying logging out and then in again. Sometimes my hints seem to just deactivate when I've been changing things around too often. I've only gotten hints so far with the hunter potion active. Using the flower patch, one 3-dose hunter potion and then cycling through the construction patch should practically give hints for all 3 gods.

sweepsig.png

...leaving the fruit tree and bush patch as it is, I presume... But that would only get you 2/4, when you hit the spot; does it always give a hint at 2/4?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

...leaving the fruit tree and bush patch as it is, I presume... But that would only get you 2/4, when you hit the spot; does it always give a hint at 2/4?

You get hints at 2 and 3.

Having nothing in a spot counts as a combination.

No bush was part of my sara jadinko combo.

Maybe you are forgetting that and not adding nothing into your cycling.

Golvellius.png