Any old school users still here?

T-Roach

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too new school. I didn't venture down to OT until 06 at the earliest.

You should stay around for some festive fun.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Looking back, the earliest OT thread I remember was wongtong eating glass which was only 08. I'm definitely new school.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Looking back, the earliest OT thread I remember was wongtong eating glass which was only 08. I'm definitely new school.

Was that really 08? Thought it was more recent than that. Damn, I feel old.

Not trying to get off topic in off topic here though. :cool:

j0xPu5R.png

In the grand scheme of these forums though 08 is pretty recent. It does feel like an age ago though. Tempted to unlock and bump that thread :thumbsup:

zqXeV.jpg

I miss Off-Topic from a few years ago :lol: I've always lurked this forum but never post enough to really be considered a regular. Welcome back :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Damn arc druid, it's been awhile since i've seen you around.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

This topic inspired me to check my old RS pics. I found one with a tip.it forum in the background from March 2002. Of course, even then this was on tip.it's second board, hosted at dk3, with horrible JavaScript adverts everywhere that followed you down the page. So the true old-schoolers came before this.

And yes, that is me talking to Paul Gower on Easter 2002 (top right of the screen in red and black), when he was going through the servers running a command to drop the rare item Easter Eggs. Back then, he had to log into each server in turn and run an admin command to drop the item randomly around. That meant that the smart people would grab as many of the rare item on the first server as possible, then bank them, and switch to the next server in order to get some more ;) I have another screenshot of Paul complaining that all of his friends list were following him from server to server ;) Good times...

I challenge anyone to out-oldschool this picture :) (using their own screenshot :P )

paul_the_easter_bunny.jpg

Edit: what's hardest to believe is that my screen was so small. I guess that it was 15 inches back then. How did we live? :P

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

I guess I might be old school? Never would have guessed until I looked at my join date. Didn't really head over to OT until probably a year or two after joining though. I do recognize a few of the names. Used to talk to viktorkrum a lot on msn, he had some damn interesting hobbies. Also I particularly remember mypurplecrayon because he was the only other person on the forums I knew of that was into Streetlight Manifesto. Also, always thought his name way mypurpleCANYON instead of crayon, until I went through and deleted all of my old messages about a year or two ago. Damn, doesn't feel like I've been here for 5 years.

I do remember all of the bubsa happenings.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Matt and Suzi? Also echofish, lionheart_0, speedofsound, paperclips. There's so many people from what I know as "The TIF msn chats". Damn I miss those, they were a hectic, good time. Yeah, this brings back a lot of fond memories.

EDIT: When I was reading the thread I was thinking that I joined about 2008, 2007 at the earliest. I was very surprised when I checked my profile. fuuuuuuu I'm getting old. I remember when i used to be 13, so young and innocent and new to the forums.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I don't really think I qualify as old school yet, but I remember a lot of the old school people everyone's talking about. Some of them I didn't realize weren't active anymore, like Blue Lancer. He was a cool dude.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif