Divine intervention and close brushes with death

ixfd64

Have you ever been in one of those situations in which you avoided major trouble in a way that could only be explained by "divine intervention," as if some higher force was guiding you out of a jam?

I've had a few:

1) Some of you may remember Azn Purity, who was a well known PK'er in the RuneScape Classic days. Back then, he (among other well-known PK'ers) was known for "3-hitting" other players, that is, killing them in three hits. Well, I was returning from a greater demon trip (greater demons only existed in the Wilderness at that time) when Azn Purity attacked me. He hit me for 27, and then 32 (or something along those numbers). Fortunately, his third hit missed, and I was able to get away.

2) Those who have played since 2002 may remember the first "mass ban" in May 2002, in which about 2,000 players who used Rune-Bot got their accounts wiped. I was still a noob at the time, and I was very tempted to try the bot; in fact, I even downloaded it! However, I had heard that it was lagging a lot that day, so I didn't use it for that reason alone. The next day, everyone who had used the bot within the last 24 hours were wiped. I am so glad I followed the rules (although I was still a bit nervous because I had downloaded it).

3) One time, I was pretty low on health while I was in the ice cave. I wandered to the entrance that led to the skeletal wyverns, and foolishly ignoring the warning, I entered it without any protection. As soon as I did, I was hit by one of their magical attacks. Fortunately, it was a zero, or I would have ended up dead otherwise.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I wouldn't call it "divine intervention", but my first slayer task soloing the KBD with super antifires I died and dropped my claws. I got them back in time, but I realize now that had I been teleblocked by a rev trying to get them I would've lost them (Or, at least too panicky to think about another way to get them).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I've had so many close calls, especially at bosses. I almost always try to be a badass and get one more kill in at TDs/Graar/DKs when I have no healing left and I'm low on LP. 9/10 times I tele with less than 10 LP, or I die in my house. Luckily, I've only ever actually died at TDs (when it comes to bosses, I mean). I should've died to Graar sooooooo many times.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

There were two close calls I had, both in RSC.

One, I had just bought a rune large helm, which was 100k and that was a really big deal (100k back then was a whole lot, about like 10m is now). Anyway, I was in melzar's maze fighting the lesser demon for rune meds. I was out of prayer and had no food and was very close to dying. There was another dude in there with me and he could have let me die. Instead, he decided to save me when I ran by attacking it. I was scared of lesser demons for a long, long time after that.

Another, I was wandering around high-wildy and found a loot pile by the GDZ. I looted a rune plate and some other lesser items and then saw a white dot appear on my map so I logged. May or may not have been a close call.

td2sig.jpg

I was in a p2p pvp war where everyone had at least 15m risk. We also had a lot of loot, but most of mine was yaked.

We were fighting normally and we were about to win, where suddenly we got crashed by another team. As we were outnumbered, few of ours died, others managed to escape.

I was barraged instantly and was not able to run away, we were also in around level 40 wilderness so there was no teleporting.

Fortunately for me, their pile ran straight into us and I for some reason happened to get under a lot of their team mates, so no one could see me.

I was able to avoid combat for 10 seconds and was then able to logout.

That was like a bless from god.

Well I had a close call with Nomad... I was merrily kyatting his berserkeriness, and I ran out of brews. I was doing the pillar stepping technique and I knew I had to step out again, so I did, got hit down to 100ish health. I was just spam clicking special move, but it didn't activate right away, and Nomad was about to say 'face me' then my kyatt killed him. I love kyatts <3.

And I got my claw drop on no brews, I was at 400 health after I teled.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I actually just had one of these just today.

I was at DK's and I was solo tribridding, but I had forgotten my RoL. So, I was slightly on edge, but the trip was going fine, 70 kills in, Rex drops a ring of life. So I was like PHEW, and I went to pick it up, and then went to attack sup.

Unfortunately for me, my inventory was badly set up by this time and I didnt have any access to any food or brews, because I had no free inventory space and all of my remaining brews were in my yak. So, of course Sup decides to go range-rampage through my +350 defences and hit me 3 times in a row for 200+ hits. Luckily, i had my RoL (that I had JUST gotten as a drop from Rex,) on, and I got Rol'd out at 30LP.

So yeah, close one.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I actually just had one of these just today.

I was at DK's and I was solo tribridding, but I had forgotten my RoL. So, I was slightly on edge, but the trip was going fine, 70 kills in, Rex drops a ring of life. So I was like PHEW, and I went to pick it up, and then went to attack sup.

Unfortunately for me, my inventory was badly set up by this time and I didnt have any access to any food or brews, because I had no free inventory space and all of my remaining brews were in my yak. So, of course Sup decides to go range-rampage through my +350 defences and hit me 3 times in a row for 200+ hits. Luckily, i had my RoL (that I had JUST gotten as a drop from Rex,) on, and I got Rol'd out at 30LP.

So yeah, close one.

That's actually pretty epic, Rex betrays his brother/co-king/long-time ally to save you.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Had one last night. My mate and I were duoing Zammy GWD. Wasn't prepped to tank (he was) and ended up being tanker for the last kill. Had 3 shark left, ended up poiision on 110 lp, and he hit a 0, the poison drained me and I got RoL tele'd out. Huzzah for 0s at convenient times.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I was soloing DKS and had my OVL end, so I redosed, excal'd, and then I had supreme destroying me. i couldnt hit for jack. I didn't want to tele though so I just hoped for goodness to outeat. I got down to 7 LP, 007, and just kept brewing and got lucky. sadly, he dropped a seercull.

half my trips at dk's end up with me dying in my house or running out of prayer lol. i like to go as long as possible without supplies

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Old BH volcano, F2p

I'm maxed melee in f2p, with 99 range and 98 mage at the time. Hunting Sara set drop traders, with my mage outfit and snares. Kill someone with no arm and red skull, and he drops full sara. I pick it up as theres no one around. Out of the freakin abyss comes this annoying ass tank ranger with the obvious rune full Helm skirt, and green D'hide top. He gets me around 16 hp (160 now) and I still have 25 seconds till I can leave... And then someone starts to kick him.. I was like OMG, escape, and another (profitable) RWT'er is downed.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Previous Jad attempt was like this for me. I always seem to mess up with the prayer when Jad uses the same attack 2 or 3 times in a row. I'm so used to switching that i sometimes find myself switching from Mage to Range when he is still using Mage. Anyway i was brewed to just under max, got hit for something like 937 and ended up with something like 87. Luckily i recovered and killed him.

Also this kinda sounds like an experience with an ex:

and foolishly ignoring the warning, I entered it without any protection. As soon as I did, I was hit by one of their magical attacks. Fortunately, it was a zero, or I would have ended up dead otherwise.

IRL close call?

Was fighting Nomad and everything was going ok but then I ran out of Kyatt scrolls so I went from owning him to getting in a shot whenever I could. As he was in berserker stage I was running low on supplies, he managed to make me use up all of my brews so I safespotted him, knowing I only had a few seconds I stepped out and hoped for a lucky shot, he hits me for a 0 and I kill him.

nomadsdead.jpg

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I was fighting Nomad in my n00b fashion (no kyatt, took titan instead lol) and I was at zerker stage. I'd run out of bres so I was basically spamming titan spec and sgs spec that a friend had lent me. He yelled pathetic!, but I didn't die. Apparently titan healed me just as I was supposed to die lol. (That was the try in which I finally beat him lol)

Also, at kbd ~2 years ago I was low on HP so I was spamming food. I was at 1 hp (old system ofc) and healed, does that count?

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

After killing Jad, I was finished off by a healer during his dying animation. I was absolutely furious until I spawned out of the fight cave and was handed a fire cape,

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Not me on either account but :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-5fJR7T_Q

Imo I don't think the guy was stuck on 1 hp forever he was just lagging. What was really going on was the guy was getting hit with what looked like 0s, but he was actually taking damage and eating accordingly so not to die.

1288581197250-1.jpg

Not me on either account but :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-5fJR7T_Q

That''s hilarious.

OT: I once died at iron dragons, because I brought a rune defender instead and was a moron. Quickly running back, I still didn't bring an antifire shield. I didn't notice until I was picking up my stuff and a dragon spawned. First hit took half my health. I finished picking up my last item and tele'd, with a few HP left back in my house. Ah, good times of me forgetting things and almost dieing, twice within 4 minutes...

Big_Stingman.png