Frozen door (New)

Danqazmlp

I really don't think there's much to discuss unless someone makes a genuine breakthrough and/or new bts are released.

I guess you should have posted this on the front page. As it is I had to read through 5 pages of discussion to find out that there was nothing to discuss.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-picture-

Anyone remember this find? just behind the door?

That was south of Sara GWD Boss Room, and was confirmed by Jagex to be an underwater area you had to cross to get to Zammy GWD.

They decided not to use it though and I guess it just got left there.

-

I went and checked out the door. Kind of cool how the screen shakes more and more the closer you get. Looking forward to finally entering the area behind there.

Hopefully sometime in January or February.

I doubt there would be anything directly behind it as there isn't really much room. I would more likely think it would act like stairs and link to another, maybe deeper dungeon?

By the looks of it, with words like shadow and revenge, it does point towards Zaros.

Also, could there actually be a way of opening it? Especially with a Jmod there. We have had things put in without being told before such as the shadow sword.

Actually, more like zamorak. If you know your RS history, you know that Zaros was in no way involved in the God Wars. Now, there could be some deeper dungeon, that the god wars were fought over, some deep treasure or so, but purely from the God Wars time period, I can state that Zaros was not involved.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Could it be that the "torva" thing was a typo and it's supposed to say "Torva?" That could be who's behind the frozen door o.O

I mean, there's a good chance the leak was accidental (although I wouldn't bet it either way tbh) and following this frozen door...

Also, for some reason Torva reminds me of the "A Soul's Bane" quest. Don't ask why o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Could it be that the "torva" thing was a typo and it's supposed to say "Torva?" That could be who's behind the frozen door o.O

I mean, there's a good chance the leak was accidental (although I wouldn't bet it either way tbh) and following this frozen door...

Also, for some reason Torva reminds me of the "A Soul's Bane" quest. Don't ask why o.O

Guy's name is Tolna, isn't it?

There's the link. ;o

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Tolna

Notice how it says Bandos's and just torva. It's not possessive, so it's likely not a new type of god armor.

Also, anyone else notice that it rhymes with kurwa? I think that's kinda funny.

They wouldn't make an update that directly contradicts it. Zaros is not associated with shadows. He is associated with emptiness, conquering, and power that rivals Guthix. I don't see how you're saying it makes partial sense when everything contradicts it, the chief reason being that he was long gone before the God Wars even started. Why would he be entombed there then? Why would we need a portal to communicate with him in his former capital city of Sennisten when we could just waltz up to the door and put our ear to it? Just...why? Zaros is the one thing that absolutely doesn't make sense, let alone one of his followers.

Meh. I just don't get it.

I was implying the whole "my revenge will be great thing"

Also, none of the actual Gods are in the GWD...just their generals. So Zaros himself doesn't need to be there for a general to be there representing him.. Also like I said, Zaros didn't need to have been in the God Wars from the beginning, maybe he's joining now, since the dungeon has been thawed out, and war now continues. Maybe now he'll join. It does make sense that he could join now, since we've been working so hard to free him, he's gaining power, and now he's going to use that power to fight the other gods in the thawed out dungeon, namely zamorak.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

They wouldn't make an update that directly contradicts it. Zaros is not associated with shadows. He is associated with emptiness, conquering, and power that rivals Guthix. I don't see how you're saying it makes partial sense when everything contradicts it, the chief reason being that he was long gone before the God Wars even started. Why would he be entombed there then? Why would we need a portal to communicate with him in his former capital city of Sennisten when we could just waltz up to the door and put our ear to it? Just...why? Zaros is the one thing that absolutely doesn't make sense, let alone one of his followers.

Also, none of the actual Gods are in the GWD...just their generals. So Zaros himself doesn't need to be there for a general to be there representing him.. Also like I said, Zaros didn't need to have been in the God Wars from the beginning, maybe he's joining now, since the dungeon has been thawed out, and war now continues. Maybe now he'll join. It does make sense that he could join now, since we've been working so hard to free him, he's gaining power, and now he's going to use that power to fight the other gods in the thawed out dungeon, namely zamorak.

If Zaros had a general just joining now, then why would the general have been frozen in behind the door since the time of the god wars?

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

If Zaros had a general just joining now, then why would the general have been frozen in behind the door since the time of the god wars?

This. FFS, stop trying to shoehorn Zaros into this. It's getting stupid.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

[hide]

This. FFS, stop trying to shoehorn Zaros into this. It's getting stupid.

[/hide]

Well, who do you think it is?

Same question as well...why is it stuck behind a frozen door?

Honestly, I don't know, it's just speculation, quit acting like I'm trying to prove something, I'm not. IT'S JUST A SPECULATION!

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Well you're just lovely, aren't you?

Speculation is fun for some people. Me included. Don't come into a thread made purely for it, and be an arse about it.

The thread was originally to inform, then became a discussion, as threads were mostly designed for. I have no problem with speculation, I merely found some of the ideas to be extremely unlikely. (Do you honestly believe it could relate to General Khazarad? Really?)

OT: Judging by the dialogue and symbols on the door, I'd assume it's a fair guess the 4 other participants of the war imprisoned whatever was behind the door.

If Zaros isn't being considered, there's not much that four of the more-important gods would ban together to seal away. Kharshai seems like a candidate, being mentioned by Azzandra as a mahjarrat who could possibly be imprisoned. I also believe I read somewhere he missed a ritual, but I can't find that source anymore.

If it's not Zaros, and not mahjarrat, we have to ask the question "What would be unstable/dangerous enough that all four gods agreed to seal it away despite being in the middle of a war?"

Anyone ruling out Zaros' involvement so easily isn't thinking things all the way through. Sure it's unlikely that Zaros himself is behind the door, or that Zaros sent forces to fight over the sword. However consider this:

1) Azzanadra, Zaros' second in command, did fight in the god wars. He sought to preserve what remained of Zaros' empire while working towards Zaros' return. In fact, he did a pretty good job too.

2) Azzanadra was imprisoned by a temporary alliance of at least Saradominist and Zamorakian forces. It is unknown whether Armadyl or Bandos were involved since at the time of Desert Treasure's writing, they were not nearly so prominent. (Had they even been mentioned?)

3) Azzanadra seemed to mainly be involved with Zaros' desert territories, and was imprisoned there. Another primary territory of Zaros was the wilderness. The fortress of Ghorrock was a wilderness outpost which is also somewhat near to GWD...

4) The current site of the GWD is an "ancient temple" to which the Armadyl forces retreated when first attacked by Zamorakian forces. So whatever purpose the frozen door has, it likely pre-dates the actual battle over the godsword.

5) It is thus easy to imagine that besides Azzanadra, Zaros could have another loyal lieutenant seeking to preserve his empire in the area of the wilderness. If said lieutenant was even close to Azzandra in power, it's not at all a stretch to imagine Saradomin, Zamorak, Armadyl, and Bandos all agreeing to seal them. It seems the one thing they could all agree to was that they didn't like Zaros.

6) The Shadow spells are part of the ancient spellbook, used by Zarosian forces. Even if Sliske himself isn't the one sealed (a decent possibility), it could really be just about any major Zarosian commander. It wouldn't even necessarily need to be someone we've heard about before in lore - before GWD, we hadn't heard about the current generals who are apparently powerful enough to be tasked with such an important quest.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

The only one he would want revenge on is his turncoat followers and Zamorak himself. If that were the reasoning behind it, then it would make more sense for him to appear at the time of the ritual.

Also, none of the actual Gods are in the GWD...just their generals.

Zaros didn't need to have been in the God Wars from the beginning, maybe he's joining now,

They are represented by the gods that participated in the God War. Zaros did not participate in the God War, therefore he would have no general representing him there on the battlefield. His forces were already dissolved and scattered by such time. Assuming that those who are still loyal to him suddenly decided to barge into this dungeon how many years ago to serve a master they couldn't even contact is also weird, considering many of these were already weakening Majarrat. He was already defeated and banished long before. He has not re-emerged into the plane according to the Temple of Sennisten quest. So unless this frozen door links to a portal to wherever he is (note: extremely unlikely) it's not him.

It does make sense that he could join now, since we've been working so hard to free him, he's gaining power, and now he's going to use that power to fight the other gods in the thawed out dungeon, namely zamorak.

Zamorak is not able to manifest in Gielnor because of the Guthixian Edicts. Wouldn't that be a really backasswards way of getting revenge if you manifest in some plane of existance only to find your greatest foe...isn't there? If he were to return, I really don't think it would be for simply revenge.

hzvjpwS.gif

Anyone ruling out Zaros' involvement so easily isn't thinking things all the way through. Sure it's unlikely that Zaros himself is behind the door, or that Zaros sent forces to fight over the sword. However consider this:

1) Azzanadra, Zaros' second in command, did fight in the god wars. He sought to preserve what remained of Zaros' empire while working towards Zaros' return. In fact, he did a pretty good job too.

2) Azzanadra was imprisoned by a temporary alliance of at least Saradominist and Zamorakian forces. It is unknown whether Armadyl or Bandos were involved since at the time of Desert Treasure's writing, they were not nearly so prominent. (Had they even been mentioned?)

3) Azzanadra seemed to mainly be involved with Zaros' desert territories, and was imprisoned there. Another primary territory of Zaros was the wilderness. The fortress of Ghorrock was a wilderness outpost which is also somewhat near to GWD...

4) The current site of the GWD is an "ancient temple" to which the Armadyl forces retreated when first attacked by Zamorakian forces. So whatever purpose the frozen door has, it likely pre-dates the actual battle over the godsword.

5) It is thus easy to imagine that besides Azzanadra, Zaros could have another loyal lieutenant seeking to preserve his empire in the area of the wilderness. If said lieutenant was even close to Azzandra in power, it's not at all a stretch to imagine Saradomin, Zamorak, Armadyl, and Bandos all agreeing to seal them. It seems the one thing they could all agree to was that they didn't like Zaros.

6) The Shadow spells are part of the ancient spellbook, used by Zarosian forces. Even if Sliske himself isn't the one sealed (a decent possibility), it could really be just about any major Zarosian commander. It wouldn't even necessarily need to be someone we've heard about before in lore - before GWD, we hadn't heard about the current generals who are apparently powerful enough to be tasked with such an important quest.

This would all make sense for an early battle of the God Wars, but the battle over the Godsword was very near the end. By that time, Zarosian resistance had been eradicated. There certainly wouldn't have been something Zarosian powerful enough to just show up to a big war and cause them all to make a fuss over it that late in the game- they would either be dead, imprisoned, or in hiding.

As for the shadow thing- ancient magicks aren't exclusively Zarosian. All Mahjarrat are of the elements smoke, shadow, blood and ice, and their magic reflects this. Not to say it's definitely a Mahjarrat, but it's a very weak argument to tie shadow to Zaros when really it's just that one of his generals happens to be of a race that happens to use a form of magic that has shadow as an element. We've never seen Zaros tied to shadows at all.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

What if and I am just speculating here, there is a greater evil in here, I doubt it is Zaros or any ally of his since well the evidence provided so far is pretty much against it but for if Bandos, Saradomin, Zamorak and Armadyl's forces all team up and seal off this thing then could it be a god so powerful, like close to Guthix but with more malicious intents and the four gods all agreed that it was pretty pointless to fight if there wasn't going to be anything to fight over and teamed just this once to seal off this monster.