Frozen door (New)

Danqazmlp

What if and I am just speculating here, there is a greater evil in here, I doubt it is Zaros or any ally of his since well the evidence provided so far is pretty much against it but for if Bandos, Saradomin, Zamorak and Armadyl's forces all team up and seal off this thing then could it be a god so powerful, like close to Guthix but with more malicious intents and the four gods all agreed that it was pretty pointless to fight if there wasn't going to be anything to fight over and teamed just this once to seal off this monster.

So, Zaros.

K got it.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe it can be part of a post WGS quest and Lucien found something in the GWD behind the door and is seeking to get some other ancient artifact to increase his power. The quest could involve taking off the wards and digging through (not literally of course) behind the door to get to him, and it ends with him being a boss in runescape to fight, accessible to everyone who finished the quest.

Much like Summer's End with Corp beast. Just an idea and I am very likely wrong but I would love to see this. Or love to see this as an end to the WGS series (whether or not it will involve the Frozen door wouldnt matter to me).

Doubt it, the door was covered with ice back when gwd came out, and the examine states it's still covered with ice (Hence frozen door ;) ). The whole concept of GWD is that the area was melting, so I doubt that it would've refrozen.

Although I suppose there could be that type of quest without the lucien-already-being-there aspect...The thing is shaking the ground around it, it's yelling about how it'll wreck vengeance...Why the hell would we open the door? :P

A non-zaros "evil" deity with immense power would've surfaced somewhere in lores I imagine.

If Zaros faded from this plane after being stabbed by a staff, I still doubt he's just hanging out behind a door.

Why the hell would we open the door?

Lol, have you ever done a quest? This is par for the course. "Oh, something clearly dangerous and/or stupid? Let's do that!"

I swear that a year or so ago, that door only had the signs of armadyl and saradomin on it. Maybe i wasn't looking closely, but thats what I remember anyways.

It has always had all four symbols since the day GWD was released and people started speculating about it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

This would all make sense for an early battle of the God Wars, but the battle over the Godsword was very near the end. By that time, Zarosian resistance had been eradicated. There certainly wouldn't have been something Zarosian powerful enough to just show up to a big war and cause them all to make a fuss over it that late in the game- they would either be dead, imprisoned, or in hiding.

As for the shadow thing- ancient magicks aren't exclusively Zarosian. All Mahjarrat are of the elements smoke, shadow, blood and ice, and their magic reflects this. Not to say it's definitely a Mahjarrat, but it's a very weak argument to tie shadow to Zaros when really it's just that one of his generals happens to be of a race that happens to use a form of magic that has shadow as an element. We've never seen Zaros tied to shadows at all.

As stated, my theory is with the expectation that whatever was sealed behind the door happened long before the battle over the godsword started; it's coincidental that the forces of Armadyl had to retreat back to that location.

Sure, other Mahjarrat likely use shadows as well. However, we know that the Ancient spellbook is specifically tied to Zaros and his followers. Just like the Ancient staff, Ancient cloak, etc. The term Ancient used in Runescape in this way refers to Zaros, not Mahjarrat. Presumably non-Mahjarrat Zarosians used the Ancient spellbook too; Zenevivia at least uses Ancient magic.

Now, I think we can all agree that merely the mention of the word shadow is insufficient to make a link to Zaros. However, it's more a matter of what shadow-wielding being would Saradomin, Zamorak, Armadyl, and Bandos all agree to seal together? To the best of our knowledge the dragonkin were in hiding and not involved with the god wars, plus we've never heard a direct link between them and shadows. It could be someone totally new we haven't heard of, sure. But the only previous example we have of a shadow-wielding being Saradomin and Zamorak (at least) agreed to seal together was Azzanadra. I find it hard to believe they would team up against any random Mahjarrat going about their own business; in the grand scheme of things, Mahjarrat do not rate that level of attention. Azzanadra was both unusually strong, and more importantly, seeking to restore Zaros to power: something all agreed they did not want to see happen.

A Zarosian GWD general would not be there because of the godsword; we can all see that would make no historical sense. It's entirely plausible, however, that another powerful Zarosian lieutenant was sealed besides Azzanadra, long before the battle for the godsword, and that location happened to be the only fortification nearby for the aviantese to retreat to when Kril attacked.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

If Zaros faded from this plane after being stabbed by a staff, I still doubt he's just hanging out behind a door.

The door obviously leads to the plane that Zaros was banished to. It's Zaros in there.

/trollin

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I believe Runescape's 10th anniversary is coming soon, so maybe something could happen there?

Being honest, I would prefer an update regarding existing bosses (if it had something to do with new drops).

That was last year. :-#

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Anyone ruling out Zaros' involvement so easily isn't thinking things all the way through. Sure it's unlikely that Zaros himself is behind the door, or that Zaros sent forces to fight over the sword. However consider this:

1) Azzanadra, Zaros' second in command, did fight in the god wars. He sought to preserve what remained of Zaros' empire while working towards Zaros' return. In fact, he did a pretty good job too.

2) Azzanadra was imprisoned by a temporary alliance of at least Saradominist and Zamorakian forces. It is unknown whether Armadyl or Bandos were involved since at the time of Desert Treasure's writing, they were not nearly so prominent. (Had they even been mentioned?)

3) Azzanadra seemed to mainly be involved with Zaros' desert territories, and was imprisoned there. Another primary territory of Zaros was the wilderness. The fortress of Ghorrock was a wilderness outpost which is also somewhat near to GWD...

4) The current site of the GWD is an "ancient temple" to which the Armadyl forces retreated when first attacked by Zamorakian forces. So whatever purpose the frozen door has, it likely pre-dates the actual battle over the godsword.

5) It is thus easy to imagine that besides Azzanadra, Zaros could have another loyal lieutenant seeking to preserve his empire in the area of the wilderness. If said lieutenant was even close to Azzandra in power, it's not at all a stretch to imagine Saradomin, Zamorak, Armadyl, and Bandos all agreeing to seal them. It seems the one thing they could all agree to was that they didn't like Zaros.

6) The Shadow spells are part of the ancient spellbook, used by Zarosian forces. Even if Sliske himself isn't the one sealed (a decent possibility), it could really be just about any major Zarosian commander. It wouldn't even necessarily need to be someone we've heard about before in lore - before GWD, we hadn't heard about the current generals who are apparently powerful enough to be tasked with such an important quest.

Of these, only point 4 seems to me to be a reasonable explanation for the presence if a general Zaros. Also, whatever is behind the door should (theoretically) be a lot stronger than the other generals as they had to combine to not kill him, but lock him in a room.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I believe Runescape's 10th anniversary is coming soon, so maybe something could happen there?

Runescape Classic Beta was released the 4th of January 2001. :P

Runescape Classic Beta was released the 4th of January 2001. :P

Ah so, 1999 was Jagex in general, I guess. My bad.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Some quotes...

"Give me the power of shadow!"

"The shadows lies in me forever!"

"All those who oppose us will perish!"

"My revenge will be great!"

"Mortals, only death awaits you here"

"Release me and know despair"

"Face me and know despair"

"My Revenge will be great"

"You can not imprison me forever"

Who is immortal, has shadows in him, and has the power of the shadows, seeks revenge and only despair awaits those who release and face him, also who can't be imprisoned forver?

Well i am not very fond of the whole Zaros GWD idea too, as it breaks alot of lore, but ill allow chaos elemental to finish this:

Zaros shall be reborn.

also this reminds me off a WoW cinematic: Imprisoned, for 10 000 years...Banished from my own homeland....And now you dare enter my realm?

better watch out as the new Zarosian boss will shout "You are not prepared!" as you attack him.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I think you're forgetting that Zaros wants the player alive. That's why he gave us curses at the end of the Temple At Senntisten. Why would he bestow upon us (arguably) the most powerful prayers in the game, only to then try to kill us?

For all we know, it might be something that dates back to long before the God Wars, there's a possibility it could be from an earlier period than Jas & the dragonkin. All we know is that the gods in GWD have all carved their symbols on the door (perhaps to bind some form of powerful creature inside?). It could be anything from a new boss to Guthix's resting place or even the world gate.

10xy5fk.png

And as many people covered before.

Zaros is banished from our world to another world ergo hes not locked behind a door.

Its highly likely to be someone else who is imprisoned who all the gods collectively fear. Theres no evidence the gods feared Zaros, by all accounts they were fine with him, there not even proof he was evil as people assume just powerful and representing powerful warriors in the mahjaratt. The gods did however fear the reckless leaderless mahjaratt after his death as they were without command and powerful hence they imprisoned them.

Unless its a brand new character its gotta be mahjratt or dragonkin behind that door.

With the torva leak i'd lean to siliske the mahjratt being behind it in some way (though it not being a quest) afterall we know he can make powerful armour (reference barrows brother lore which is quite clearly Siliske's doing)

Siliske is also referenced as dwelling in shadows.

Also Zaros reborn chaos ele quote hardly points to this.

Azzandra established a portal to Zaros in the Temple at Sennistein (the most powerful zaros place in days gone by) and is there recieving instructions to strengthen the portal and bring Zaros back. Also why would a mere door trap Zaros when we already saw his mere prescence in a portal allowed him to cause earthquake and destroy a statue?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Unless its a brand new character its gotta be mahjratt or dragonkin behind that door.

With the torva leak i'd lean to siliske the mahjratt being behind it in some way (though it not being a quest) afterall we know he can make powerful armour (reference barrows brother lore which is quite clearly Siliske's doing)

The mahjaratt seam very unlikely to me, considering none of them are sealed away that we know of. The only ones that were sealed away did so themselves to escape Zomeguals (sp?) wrath, or by Zomegual/Lucien (sp?) himself. If one was behind a trapped door somewhere, his notes would have most likely indicated that.

Dragonkin are maybe possible, however I say unlikely to this too. Considering even the mahjaratt consider them a myth, I would doubt them to exist in a place where lots of people were around. If they were there, you would expect to see symbols of their race around, as they did in wilderness fortress.

I'm guessing by the symbols on the door, that whatever is behind the door is hated by all 4 races. Remember that the temple existed before the Godwars, so it is possible the 4 races united before the wars began to seal away this foe (or prevent it from escaping). This does sound alot like Zaros, but I don't think Zaros will be making an appearance until the ritual.

It's possible to be Zaros, since we don't know the place that he was sealed. There may be a portal to another realm behind that door. I cast my doubts that it's any of the above though, and that it might be something completely new.

If Jagex made the lore to start with, they could easily add in new lore that co-exists with current lore that was supposedly "lost" until now.

The mahjaratt seam very unlikely to me, considering none of them are sealed away that we know of. The only ones that were sealed away did so themselves to escape Zomeguals (sp?) wrath, or by Zomegual/Lucien (sp?) himself. If one was behind a trapped door somewhere, his notes would have most likely indicated that.

Dragonkin are maybe possible, however I say unlikely to this too. Considering even the mahjaratt consider them a myth, I would doubt them to exist in a place where lots of people were around. If they were there, you would expect to see symbols of their race around, as they did in wilderness fortress.

I'm guessing by the symbols on the door, that whatever is behind the door is hated by all 4 races. Remember that the temple existed before the Godwars, so it is possible the 4 races united before the wars began to seal away this foe (or prevent it from escaping). This does sound alot like Zaros, but I don't think Zaros will be making an appearance until the ritual.

It's possible to be Zaros, since we don't know the place that he was sealed. There may be a portal to another realm behind that door. I cast my doubts that it's any of the above though, and that it might be something completely new.

If Jagex made the lore to start with, they could easily add in new lore that co-exists with current lore that was supposedly "lost" until now.

All the mahjaratt were chased away or imprisoned after Zaros fell.

Azzandra was imprisoned.

The on trapped in Enkharas temple.

Hazeel was killed.

etc. etc.

And as I covered Zaros was banished from the world before the godwars THEN the god united to chase off/seal away the powerful mahjaratt.

And shadows, powerful armours etc all tie in nicely to mahjaratt and specifically Siliske who is the only mahjratt we know of who is alive but missing.

Bilrach is the other who is a bit questionable but we know hes deep in daemonheim even if we havent met him.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bilrach.. Where is he? I dont think it can be him.

Somebody said that he is dead.. Is it true? I didnt read alld new dunge notes.

Edit:

Wiki doesnt say e is dead though..

He must be powerful though, because he summoned the zammy boss.. Summoning lvl 120 or what.

What about another Mahjarrat? Azzandra metions in a postbag about Trapped, Sealed or Mahjarrat in "Death sleep". Considering there are 4 god seals on it, it seems like they all banded together to seal away a common enemy. I've no idea who it is, but i'm fairly sure it's not Sliske as Azzandra has again mentioned she has spoken to him (Postbag 42 I think?), and if his prison was like his, communication in/out of it is not possible.

Could also be just the followers of those 4 gods....

But if it is a Mahjarrat trapped there, it is likely a Zarosian Mahjarrat...

Could you please link to Azzanadra's postbag thing you mentioned?

Not read through this yet so not sure if you've been answerd but it's postabg 44 where silske is mentioned;

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/postbag_44

And the death sleep is mentioned in postabg 38

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/postbag_38

Kharshai may yet live, I can sense no trace of his death upon this world, but nor can I sense his pulse; perhaps his neutrality has earnt him a prison such as mine was.

Both make for good reading.

2v8sgvs.png

And shadows, powerful armours etc all tie in nicely to mahjaratt and specifically Siliske who is the only mahjratt we know of who is alive but missing.

Bilrach is the other who is a bit questionable but we know hes deep in daemonheim even if we havent met him.

Siliske was confirmed not to make an appearance until the ritual quest. Unless the door is related to the quest, it can't be him. Bilrach isn't sealed away since he released the "strange power". So unless the door is related to the ROTM ritual, it won't be either.

Azzandra said he does not know how many mahjaratt still exist, and that there used to be 100's. It could be another mahjaratt we have yet to hear of, or may not be any of those at all. Just expect a curve ball and don't assume it has to be Dragonkin or mahjaratt.

Siliske was confirmed not to make an appearance until the ritual quest. Unless the door is related to the quest, it can't be him. Bilrach isn't sealed away since he released the "strange power". So unless the door is related to the ROTM ritual, it won't be either.

Azzandra said he does not know how many mahjaratt still exist, and that there used to be 100's. It could be another mahjaratt we have yet to hear of, or may not be any of those at all. Just expect a curve ball and don't assume it has to be Dragonkin or mahjaratt.

I said Siliske is the only one WE KNOW OF.

Also he was confirmed to not have his OWN quest, but that he would be in the ritual; as I said in an earlier post the door COULD hide Siliske's prison without being a quest. I mean the shadow robes and shadow sword thing both progressed lore and storyline of Zaros and General Khazaard without being quests.

Also via Zemergouls fortress we got a list of all the mahjaratt, including 2 or 3 that were sacrificed in the last ritual so we know how many there are and who they are.

Plv6Dz6.jpg