Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Hopefully things remain aronud their street price when (if) free trade happens. I'd love to be able to sell my fury kit and buy 84-99 prayer and just knock it all out in like, a week or less. :thumbsup:

Edit: Also....200k votes already. :thumbup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am super curious as to how the tip.it community as a whole would vote. :) Op should put a Private Poll on the thread. :)

I too would like to see a one person, one vote poll on the subject.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Wow they have as well :???:

Good thing I screenshotted

[hide]

Anyone else noticed at the bottom it says

"* Guinness World Records."

101221195243h.png

Wonder what record they're trying to break with this mass vote

[/hide]

Biggest [bleep] move in the history of ever perhaps? Seriously if this is a joke, I'm dumping my bank in the party room and unsubbing. Not the straw that broke the camels back, more like a roundhouse kick.

Wait until the update, then you can trade it directly to me instead :thumbup:

So i had no idea i was voting yes i really wanted to say a big no to this.

Also this seems to leave a few holes in the way the game is now. So what will happen with the ge with free trade? Street and rare prices? What about botting? Credit card fraud? They did make these huge game changes for a reason, and after spending years trying to make up for it they are just going right back where they started? Seems like this is going to cause quite a lot of problems. Also i find it funny at all the people that want the old wildy back. I seem to remember a large amount of players saying the wilderness and pking system was broken before these changes.

On a lighter note i will be happy to see staking making a come back.

Maybe they actually sorted out something with a bank or Paypal or something? I would really really love to hear what precautions they would/will/have take(n) to stop the game going completely FUBAR. What's changed since 3 years ago?

My gray hair from waiting for this update to come back! I myself am a pk'r, I am in a pk clan, and it sucks. People run to their little bh stairs trying not to die over 40k lol. This is a huge plus for all the pk clans out there as well as pk'rs. I hate to say it, but I think Jagex is already bringing this back, the "poll" is just there to get the reactions from the people and to spread the news to take part in a "event".

Oh yes, I appreciate that, I think everyone does. It's just that I'm wondering if there will in fact be a game for you to PK in soon because of this. Jagex told those of us who played three years ago that they had to do it because the banks were threatening to remove Jagex's ability to provide the membership service because so much credit card fraud was occurring in direct relation to Runescape RWT*. Have the banks retracted this conditional threat, or are Jagex going to take them on in some way? If it's the latter, they are committing financial suicide. If it's the former, how on earth did they do it?

* See: http://www.runescape...se/guid/diary06 (EDIT: I know, it's been quoted and linked ad nauseum, but whatever)

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Free trade would be cool, old wilderness is whatever I guess. Can easily make 10M/day using new BH, that 10m turns in to 500k assuming we're using the old wild's drop system.

Could xfer my money from accounts though, which is why I voted.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I am super curious as to how the tip.it community as a whole would vote. :) Op should put a Private Poll on the thread. :)

I too would like to see a one person, one vote poll on the subject.

I'd actually be curious to know to what degree people are in support or against it. Do they want it back as is? With modifications? Just free trade and no wild? What about staking? Jagex's poll seems to be just "do you want free trade and wild" without any kind of advanced options like they usually have on their other polls.

I doubt if the wilderness does come back it is going to be exactly the same.

Most likely there would be special worlds just for them.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I like the idea of free trade and wild believe me, im a pker..

however the way theyre going about this isnt how it should be tbh

Also-does anyone else think ppots may/will rise if this happens?

old wild=need to use prot item=need more prayer

me being lv 70 pray id bring a bunch so i dont lose my good weps

Edit: I do hope they keep bh worlds(both +1 and non +1) and regular pvp worlds

99 Magic achieved on May 31, 2010 99 Prayer achieved on August 27, 2011 99 Dungeoneering achieved on September 24, 2011

Free trade.. first thoughts: scammers, botters, lurers, real world trading all that jazz. On the other hand, if you just stay careful you won't fall into those.

Old wilderness.. Might be fun. Most likely I would just end up dying all the time losing quite a bit of money. Oh well, I remember old wildy being alot of fun. So big thumbs up.

However what this really gets me into thinking. PIXEL SIGNATURES. This could finally motivate me to start seriously doing more pixels (I pretty much stopped ever since trade got limited) signatures for people (in exhange of rs money /h pay).

So if this really happens. Give me a call if you're up for those oldschool pixel signatures that used to be awesome back in the days. I'm not cheap though. :grin:

u5zhkTY.gif

I couldn't be happier to see this. Although I'm astounded by the amount of people on Tip.it that are so adamantly against it.

The thing I look forward to most from this potential update is the return of player interaction almost as a necessity. Although the feeling of danger in the wilderness will be a welcome return as well. Good luck to the groups on either side of this whole thing, I'm curious to see how it will turn out.

Free trade.. first thoughts: scammers, botters, lurers, real world trading all that jazz. On the other hand, if you just stay careful you won't fall into those.

Old wilderness.. Might be fun. Most likely I would just end up dying all the time losing quite a bit of money. Oh well, I remember old wildy being alot of fun. So big thumbs up.

However what this really gets me into thinking. PIXEL SIGNATURES. This could finally motivate me to start seriously doing more pixels (I pretty much stopped ever since trade got limited) signatures for people (in exhange of rs money /h pay).

So if this really happens. Give me a call if you're up for those oldschool pixel signatures that used to be awesome back in the days. I'm not cheap though. :grin:

I'm also very happy to see posts like this. I may just have to be one of your first customers if this vote goes through friend. :razz:

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Oh yes, I appreciate that, I think everyone does. It's just that I'm wondering if there will in fact be a game for you to PK in soon because of this. Jagex told those of us who played three years ago that they had to do it because the banks were threatening to remove Jagex's ability to provide the membership service because so much credit card fraud was occurring in direct relation to Runescape RWT*. Have the banks retracted this conditional threat, or are Jagex going to take them on in some way? If it's the latter, they are committing financial suicide. If it's the former, how on earth did they do it?

* See: http://www.runescape...se/guid/diary06 (EDIT: I know, it's been quoted and linked ad nauseum, but whatever)

They may require participation in something like this.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I like the idea of free trade and wild believe me, im a pker..

however the way theyre going about this isnt how it should be tbh

Also-does anyone else think ppots may/will rise if this happens?

old wild=need to use prot item=need more prayer

me being lv 70 pray id bring a bunch so i dont lose my good weps

Edit: I do hope they keep bh worlds(both +1 and non +1) and regular pvp worlds

No, but they'll probably go up bc more ppl will be pking, at least for the first few days