Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Obviously everyone and their grandma is going to vote yes on this one (with some extreme cases), but I'm not sure how they're going to implement the free trade system. They can't do it instantly or else thousands of items are going to lose their grand exchange value and many people are going to get destroyed economically.

Can't they just keep the grand exchange, but let person to person trading occur without limits?

EDIT: wow, craven image! I never really got to know you, but your name certainly rings a bell from "back in the days". Welcome back :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it would appear that it's time for me to start a new clan for people who want to do clues and need bodyguards against pkers.

Overall, this looks like it could go any direction depending on their implementation and whether or not this is just a big fat publicity scam.

a70c7.png

If they can find a good blend between the new stuff they've introduced while returning old aspects of the game back, I think it could turn out really awesome.

With the trade restrictions, beyond the 5$ a month and the speed of your computer & internet connection, everyone is equal. The restrictions are enough to deter most RWTers, and slow down those who are highly-motivated.

Absolutely untrue. Anyone who thinks that RWT is hindered right now is humming loudly with their hands over their ears, because it's EVERYWHERE. Hell, just look at all the bots we see every time they do something like update the wildy wall. You think those are all individual players botting money? LOL.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

the removals were needed and necessary.

No they weren't, because they utterly failed to remove RWT from the game. In case you haven't noticed, both botting and RWT markets have been roaring lately. There was the "selling partyhat for trade price and $500" variety, and the "buy crashing item min sell to RWTer for mid" variety. Neither were in any way difficult to pull off.

It was needed for the fraudulent ones that cost them money, not the ones that don't. If they've found a better way to stop the fraudulent ones, there's no reason not to go back to free trading times.

We never knew how serious this thread was. You all just "believe jagex for their blue eyes".. - But what if this wans't true, but instead a CEO interpretation?

Like our goverment just lied about the fact that the FIFA world cup would "not cost money and possibly bring lots of money" - Yet when looking at the last world cups they weren't. (and it turned out the responsible politican just did it to show some "leadership" or something).

No idea what you're talking about, I won't lie. If they weren't losing money, why would they change their game so drastically? Do you have a reason other than just shouting, "CONSPIRACY" from the rooftops?

New CEO?

Philips got a new head 2 years ago, and suddenly instead of growing they decided to stop growing in the medical side and move everything out of the netherlands.

Really why would anyone trust someone who's actions aren't shown? And who doesn't follow his own guidelines? (They said they were making runescape as they "like to play it themselves". - yet were adding all kind of nuicanses to protect younger people this became at its height (2007) totally contradictionary).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I dont think Jagex cares if anyone votes for other people. I think they want to see just how bad people want it. If people who want the old wilderness/free trade are willing to go around and vote for people they dont even know, that shows they will do anything.

Either that or Jagex is going to put it back anyway, Im fine with it :thumbup:

I dont think Jagex cares if anyone votes for other people. I think they want to see just how bad people want it. If people who want the old wilderness/free trade are willing to go around and vote for people they dont even know, that shows they will do anything.

Either that or Jagex is going to put it back anyway, Im fine with it :thumbup:

Yeah, it is a TON of effort to spend a few minutes copying your friends list into the vote box. Clearly if people will do that, they'll do ANYTHING! :-|

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

It's a very flawed voting system so it looks like its going to happen regardless of what people actually want. You cant vote 'no' and you don't even need to log in to validate that it's actually you. I can type anyone's names into the box and it will count regardless if they approve or not. My worry is that free trade will mean the GE either goes completely or becomes pointless so it's back to standing in falador spamming for hours on end trying to buy/sell stuff. It also means clues in wildy are going to be a right pain in the arse getting pked for the sake of a spade.

My hopes for this are as follows:

1. Jagex has developed a new improved system to track trades outside of the GE to build a system that responds quickly to new items/massive demand but is not able to be manipulated at a whim by greedy people.

2. Wilderness will be on select worlds only. Revenants will remain on the rest of them as normal.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

New CEO?

Philips got a new head 2 years ago, and suddenly instead of growing they decided to stop growing in the medical side and move everything out of the netherlands.

Really why would anyone trust someone who's actions aren't shown? And who doesn't follow his own guidelines? (They said they were making runescape as they "like to play it themselves". - yet were adding all kind of nuicanses to protect younger people this became at its height (2007) totally contradictionary).

...what?

What actions of theirs aren't shown? We already know that as the game cycles through periods their ideology changes faster than the drop of a dime to keep the business thriving. I just don't get what you're trying to say.

hzvjpwS.gif

Free trade or not, RWT will always exist. But it is my honest opinion that there will be less RWT with free trade. The two main ways sellers farm GP is either by running botting mills or leading a GE price manipulation clan. Free trade will at least mean the dissolution of manipulation clans, and hopefully less RWT.

The way I envision the new GE is that the min and max values are eliminated. The servers still calculate the med price based on volume of trade every 8-32 hours but this will merely be the "suggested" price, not a fixed price to follow by. I also suspect volume limits to vanish.

As for things like scamming/luring coming back, I can't say it bothers me that much. I liked the laissez-faire approach of Eve Online and wish to see it extend to RS. I honestly don't care for the amount of hand-holding that exists in this game.

It also means clues in wildy are going to be a right pain in the arse getting pked for the sake of a spade.

My hopes for this are as follows:

2. Wilderness will be on select worlds only. Revenants will remain on the rest of them as normal.

That's the whole point of the wilderness.. to be dangerous, be a threat, make life harder...

Runescape is already getting easier with every update, and revenants are a joke compared to a reak pker.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

This will probably already have been asked:

But for voting (I didn't vote) people don't seem to need a password; just a valid RS name...

This means a few people can enter A WHOLE BUNCH OF VOTES!

I call fraud!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Well honestly... being attacked by/dying to a Rev during a wildy clue is the same thing as being attacked by/dying to a PKer during a wildy clue.

Sucks either way.

yes but a wildy pker is a white dot, revs are yellow dots

How can you actually die to a revenant?

Standing in spot for a full minute or something? Not using prayer? No food, no armour?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

How can you actually die to a revenant?

Standing in spot for a full minute or something? Not using prayer? No food, no armour?

Exactly I've never even come close to dieing to a revenant, yet I remember dieing several times to pkers at ardy leaver

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

Well honestly... being attacked by/dying to a Rev during a wildy clue is the same thing as being attacked by/dying to a PKer during a wildy clue.

Sucks either way.

Sure the end result is the same, but one is much harder to survive than the other, and therein lies the difference.

hzvjpwS.gif

This will probably already have been asked:

But for voting (I didn't vote) people don't seem to need a password; just a valid RS name...

This means a few people can enter A WHOLE BUNCH OF VOTES!

I call fraud!

:o

I'm not to bothered if they bring back the wilderness, I never used it much and I probably wont if it does come back but the free trade is stupid, Jagex really are simply saying that they want rules to be broken again. Scams will come back thick and fast and the GE will never get used. Something is up, something is going on that we don't know, seriously, no password needed, just a username and it says on the page you need to tell everyone you know.

What's Runescape?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I can't believe Jagex is using such an exploitable system as well.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!