Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I started .. just typing random names ... I got 10 without even looking at the hiscored (ork :thumbsup: )

EDIT: already 40 ... some people are registering little tony1, little tony2 for example ... I got from zammorak700 to zammorak720 ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the [bleep] can I vote no to abyss pkers and bot mania?????????????????????????

Mod MMG is smoking crack this holiday.

Its way too late to go back to 2007 and this poll is a half-ass rig job.

Do you feel like a wuss being pked by another person instead of an npc? Are you blind to the amount of bots we have already?

MMG is a business man. For once it's what people alot of people want. The reasons why free trade and wilderness were removed don't apply anymore- botting and rwting is as strong as it was 3 years ago, but only if you open your eyes. Meanwhile, jagex has never recovered from the popularity drop that was caused by the removal of free trade.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I've already run into a few players sitting at the GE claiming they were writing scripts to cast mass votes. Hopefully Jagex monitors who exactly is voting because someone has said they already used Zezima's name to vote <_<

Anyway, if this is coming back, there BETTER be restrictions like, account must be at least 2 years old with 1000 total and be a member. Because without it, nothing to stop the level 3 bots from coming back.

Hack script+voted yes=Win!

Entered RS Hiscores names=Win!

Gf Jagex!

I voted YES! Hope we get Wilderness/Free Trade back.

Edited by Dark_Yeng

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

:thumbup: :thumbup:

How the [bleep] can I vote no to abyss pkers and bot mania?????????????????????????

Do you feel like a wuss being pked by another person instead of an npc? Are you blind to the amount of bots we have already?

MMG is a business man. For once it's what people alot of people want. The reasons why free trade and wilderness were removed don't apply anymore- botting and rwting is as strong as it was 3 years ago, but only if you open your eyes. Meanwhile, jagex has never recovered from the popularity drop that was caused by the removal of free trade.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbup:

I've already run into a few players sitting at the GE claiming they were writing scripts to cast mass votes. Hopefully Jagex monitors who exactly is voting because someone has said they already used Zezima's name to vote <_<

Anyway, if this is coming back, there BETTER be restrictions like, account must be at least 2 years old with 1000 total and be a member. Because without it, nothing to stop the level 3 bots from coming back.

Id imagine there would be. I wouldn't want those 2009 kids running around :P

Would it be illegal to run a script that looks at the highscores and automatically votes for people on them?

Illegal? Probably not. Vote rigging, yes. Corrupt, wrong, immoral, choose whichever term you wish.

Maybe Jagex already have the update ready to roll and just wanted to legitimise it? Thinking it wouldn't get enough votes, they made it not need a password knowing their player base would cheat to get high enough votes?

How is it not blatantly obvious that Jagex has every intention of bringing free trade and the old wilderness back regardless of how the vote pans out?

That's exactly what I said. They can use the vote to 'legitimize' it to those who don't want it as they know the community will cheat the vote higher than it would be with passwords needed.

If not they are just plain crazy.

exactly

There aren't really any good reasons to vote no anyway.

My opinion is right, <bleep> the rest? Good point.

Are you blind to the amount of bots we have already?

Free trade won't increase the number of bots, noooo...

Meanwhile, jagex has never recovered from the popularity drop that was caused by the removal of free trade.

And you think willderness and free trade will make RS as popular as it once was? Sure thing, mate, definitely gonna happen. :blink:

I voted yes. I don't see why the PKers, clanners and stakers shouldn't be catered once in a while, as bringing back wilderness and free trade doesn't actually hurt anyone who doesn't want to Pk or stake - for those of us that do such things, this would be one of the biggest and best updates in years.

PKers, stakers and clanners(pvp-clanners) are one part of the RS-community and they too should be given tools to do what they like just like skillers, questers and the rest of the community.

We already have bots in the current RS and Jagex clearly stated that they will not give up on the fight against them, so that shouldn't really be a reason to be against this. RWTing will probably be a bigger issue but I have faith in Jagex that they will still do their best against it.

Reiskade.png

~Council of Northern Gods~

There aren't really any good reasons to vote no anyway.

My opinion is right, <bleep> the rest? Good point.

Are you blind to the amount of bots we have already?

Free trade won't increase the number of bots, noooo...

Meanwhile, jagex has never recovered from the popularity drop that was caused by the removal of free trade.

And you think willderness and free trade will make RS as popular as it once was? Sure thing, mate, definitely gonna happen. :blink:

There is evidence supporting the claim that yes, runescape was more popular with free trade, and could very well be as popular once again.

Guest jrhairychest

What's your evidence to support your statement that bots are still abundant and that botting and rwting is as it was 3 years ago?

I voted yes. I don't see why the PKers, clanners and stakers shouldn't be catered once in a while, as bringing back wilderness and free trade doesn't actually hurt anyone who doesn't want to Pk or stake - for those of us that do such things, this would be one of the biggest and best updates in years.

PKers, stakers and clanners(pvp-clanners) are one part of the RS-community and they too should be given tools to do what they like just like skillers, questers and the rest of the community.

We already have bots in the current RS and Jagex clearly stated that they will not give up on the fight against them, so that shouldn't really be a reason to be against this. RWTing will probably be a bigger issue but I have faith in Jagex that they will still do their best against it.

I agree. PvP seems dead at the moment though. If they do re-implement free trade and old wilderness [which they should], jagex should go a different route in finding ways to stop botters and RWTers. Thats what I thought they should have done from the start. Not all of us are botters and RWTers so why punish everyone by ruining the PvP and trading system?

Honestly, I want free trade back, but I quite like not being killed going into the wild for clues. Meh. Idc either way I guess. but I will seriously rage if I start seeing mass yew wc/fishing bots again.

EDIT: Wow, massive flashback after looking at my join date. I remember I was SO mad that the wild was removed that I had to finally join and post my rant and suggestions. Oh how the times have changed.

1icyna.png

What's your evidence to support your statement that bots are still abundant and that botting and rwting is as it was 3 years ago?

botslol.jpg

That's just one site... lol

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Soul Wars bots

Plank Bots

Green Dragon bots

Not to mention the other random skilling botters.

Go to any RWT site and they are still in business. There are still many ways to transfer in runescape.

If this goes well, i will give 5M to all good friends (and those who deserv it). And if many people starts to bot, then you know what you have to do?

Get your Bot Sniper ready. Snipe them! :thumbsup:

I myself got a Bot-Ak47 and Bot-Spas. :thumbup:

If removal of free trade is justified by less rwt, scamming, ect then I guess limitation of free speech and similar restrictions would justify security and such IRL.

Which is a complete farce of course, because no matter what kind of draconian restrictions you put in place, people will always find ways around them, and more often than not the only people you end up inconveniencing are innocents.

I think it's high time we said down with manipulation clans, junk trading, and this 76King nonsense in favor of the return of scammers. Because if you fall for the same scam more than once, you deserve to be scammed. It's a hard lesson to learn, but it's a practical lesson that can even carry over to real life as this "IRL" mmo is absolutely swamped with scamming, corruption and the like. Maybe when little billy gets scammed out of his full rune, later in life he'll be less likely to believe that he actually won a contest that he never even entered.

I have a good amount of inside information about people that make a living selling runescape gp. Obviously it'd be stupid to go into any more detail about this.

Another thing is that addition to gold-farming bots, we also have skilling bots nowadays. I have a mate that has 99s in 6 hard skills botted, and hasn't got a black mark for it yet. I've been playing this game long enough and have enough information about botting now and then. If people think botting or rwt-ing will ''return'' they are just stupid, blind or trolling.

Meanwhile, going for the positive parts about this update, no newschooler(and we have a bunch of these here) will be whining and crying about merchanters screwing them in the form of junk trading- money will be valuable again. Also, making a good return is the majority of high level content we had- staking and pking. I have atleast 10 friends off the top of my head who will come back for even a while just because of this potential update.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

There is evidence supporting the claim that yes, runescape was more popular with free trade, and could very well be as popular once again.

There were not that many elaborate MMORPG's back then. Sure it was more popular, people had no choice. (same goes for the poll)

Stupidity makes a return.

Enjoy your abyss pking for glories.

Extend an invitation to a 10 year old to make a stellar deal just north of the wildy fence line.

Welcome back the little bald green guys as they mass around every yew tree.

Slam the doors and spam the screen with whatever you can when another unprepared played steps in the line of danger at places like the hero's guild blue dragon.

Camp dharok's tomb for goodies.

Hey, it's not like you'll be posterized in a HA12D video.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol