Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Lol with GE you can manipulate prices and you don't even have to lie about anything. Just buy out something, and watch the price rocket up. I'm sick to my eyeballs of hearing "Why can't I buy X", "Because X is being merched atm".

Prepare for hearing that sentence a lot more in the future then.

No more than it's already been messed up, no.

Now they have to choose an item, start buying it out, wait several weeks for the price to rise and then sell.

Without price ceilings, they buy out and are able to sell immediately.

Notice the text in bold please.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod Valkryie posted on the Swedish forums (Translated the forum): "Latest news: You will have the opportunity to vote "no" tomorrow :))

I hope so haha...

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Lol with GE you can manipulate prices and you don't even have to lie about anything. Just buy out something, and watch the price rocket up. I'm sick to my eyeballs of hearing "Why can't I buy X", "Because X is being merched atm".

Now they have to choose an item, start buying it out, wait several weeks for the price to rise and then sell.

So basically they try to buy all of one item and then essentially raise the price on it. OK, but at least people can actually buy it if they don't want to wait instead of having to go through this junk trading nonsense.

And that's assuming everyone still uses the GE after free trade. I imagine lots of people would start using trade worlds for some of the bigger items rather than just selling them on the GE.

So you would rather have to wait a few weeks to get an item than pay a few extra gp for an item now?

How the [bleep] can I vote no to abyss pkers and bot mania?????????????????????????

Mod MMG is smoking crack this holiday.

Its way too late to go back to 2007 and this poll is a half-ass rig job.

Do you feel like a wuss being pked by another person instead of an npc? Are you blind to the amount of bots we have already?

MMG is a business man. For once it's what people alot of people want. The reasons why free trade and wilderness were removed don't apply anymore- botting and rwting is as strong as it was 3 years ago, but only if you open your eyes. Meanwhile, jagex has never recovered from the popularity drop that was caused by the removal of free trade.

Stupidity makes a return.

Enjoy your abyss pking for glories.

Extend an invitation to a 10 year old to make a stellar deal just north of the wildy fence line.

Welcome back the little bald green guys as they mass around every yew tree.

Slam the doors and spam the screen with whatever you can when another unprepared played steps in the line of danger at places like the hero's guild blue dragon.

Camp dharok's tomb for goodies.

Hey, it's not like you'll be posterized in a HA12D video.

I'm against it to for the same reasons. It's worth mentioning that Jagex discourages players from actually speaking out their mind

since we have no say in anything they do. Who in the right mind makes a poll with only one choice? This is exactly like

voting at a communist state election. It's so stupid. <_<

I'm only looking forward to free trading just so I can upgrade my partyhat and "maybe" buy the items I can FINALLY afford

but it's not worth it if I have to deal with all the scamming garbage.

Oh MY F***ING GOD!!!!!!

Yes, yes a million times YES!!!

They should've done this in 08 when they saw how much of a failure BH was. But no worries, 3 years of flawed PvP is no more, can't wait, hope it comes out sooner than later.

625k votes so far :D

Be realistic. When you factor in the fraud and multiple votes we'd be at around 150-175K votes maybe even 250K. NO way in the world would it be 625K votes for if this whole system where you can put anyones name in and vote, and blanket vote etc.

It's fraudulent and a disgrace which is what will mar and tar jagex for their 10th birthday. But now they have done this they have to follow through. Every 1 in 5 topics in the RSOF is about how people are quitting if they don't bring it back, however when you look every 3 in 5 topics are people complaining about no no vote and that people can sign for you anyways, and then the last 1 in 5 topics are the general ranters trying to justify it and in the process insulting people, flaming and trolling.

I found it surprising reading through that the lucid, gramattically correct, well written and structured topics and replies are mostly on the complaints for the lack of No votes. Yet al teh wel writted replys r on da 1's 4 da wild comin bak r leik dis.

Personally I don't care, doesn't affect me. If they bring it back then I'll mark some penguins off my week, and I'll stop doing clues. Not too big a deal. And free trade does nothing but cause havock. People will get hacked and then instead of having limits and perhaps being able to limit the damage to your account everything will be gone in the blink of an eye.

My 2 pence.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Only if people are dumb enough to buy at that price. Considering this wasn't a huge problem in the past, why would be it a huge problem now just because they can get things faster? Everyone's looking to undercut the other one and in merch clans, where idiots are constantly dumping before everyone else, I don't imagine anyone could rise the prices for any long-term thing. This isn't like when Bluerose was one of the few who could smith rune and those who could smith rune forced the prices to remain high.

EDIT: Or are we still talking about exclusively high ticket items where supply is limited?

hzvjpwS.gif

Oh MY F***ING GOD!!!!!!

They should've done this in 08 when they saw how much of a failure BH was. But no worries, 3 years of flawed PvP is no more, can't wait, hope it comes out sooner than later.

I bet you that at least 500k of those votes were exploited by fraudulent accounts. If people really wanted free trading back,

I'm pretty sure they'll do more than just vote on one account and leave :rolleyes:

So you would rather have to wait a few weeks to get an item than pay a few extra gp for an item now?

I never had that problem, my stock holds me self-sufficient for several weeks.

But your point:

You could always buy that item with junk, so availability never was a problem if you wanted to pay extra.

(you could even sell or lend out the junk you bought, thus getting that wanted item at trade price)

Now you would have to pay extra and the extra goes 100% to the price manipulator. With no ways of getting your item at GE-price.

Because price manipulation doesn't already happen in any way, shape, or form?

That is my whole point, this will make it 10x easier to manipulate prices and gain from it.

Actually the opposite I believe.

How do they buy out stuff without the GE? They can't, people who aren't manipulating can offer higher than the manipulators. For example say a clan is buying out ppots, and offers max price (idk what it is, use 7k as an example), but then I come along and offer 8k because i need them urgently. Obviously I will get the ppots because my offer is higher. Also, there is no price floor nor ceiling, so it makes manipulation very hard. As of now, when clans dump at minimum, they are bound to sell eventually (not all of them ofc) because people use ppots all the time, and they can only offer min price, unless they use 50/50 cash/junk (but not everyone has junk). Without a floor, there isn't a safety net to lay on for the manipulators. I can offer 6k, or 7k per ppot when the market becomes stagnant, and I will get them because the manipulators don't want to lose out. Compared to the 13k min I would've had to offer in the GE.

This all makes manipulation a very dangerous activity, sure there will be people who succeed, but there were manipulators pre-GE as well. My point is that it's not going to be 10x worse.

Staurolite.png

I would LOVE this, already voted yes on all of my accounts i can remember.

Although i agree the voting system is pretty bad. I don't see what people have to complain about, if you don't like being killed in the wilderness then stay away from the wilderness, if you don't want to be scammed then double check every single trade screen.

Oh MY F***ING GOD!!!!!!

Be realistic. When you factor in the fraud and multiple votes we'd be at around 150-175K votes maybe even 250K. NO way in the world would it be 625K votes for if this whole system where you can put anyones name in and vote, and blanket vote etc.

It's fraudulent and a disgrace which is what will mar and tar jagex for their 10th birthday. But now they have done this they have to follow through. Every 1 in 5 topics in the RSOF is about how people are quitting if they don't bring it back, however when you look every 3 in 5 topics are people complaining about no no vote and that people can sign for you anyways, and then the last 1 in 5 topics are the general ranters trying to justify it and in the process insulting people, flaming and trolling.

I found it surprising reading through that the lucid, gramattically correct, well written and structured topics and replies are mostly on the complaints for the lack of No votes. Yet al teh wel writted replys r on da 1's 4 da wild comin bak r leik dis.

Personally I don't care, doesn't affect me. If they bring it back then I'll mark some penguins off my week, and I'll stop doing clues. Not too big a deal. And free trade does nothing but cause havock. People will get hacked and then instead of having limits and perhaps being able to limit the damage to your account everything will be gone in the blink of an eye.

My 2 pence.

Not doing penguins and clues? Just don't bring more than three items with you and you'll be okay, dear! And for those nasty coordinate wildy clues, try bringing a spade, your clue, your chart, watch, and sextant, and dropping the spade and the watch if you get attacked: simple stuff and you can rest in peace knowing that when you resurrect you will still have all your important stuff with you.

A brilliant idea: don't bring your party hat clue-ing in the wilderness with you! I know it's a shocker, but for two minutes while you run to the clue location can you stash it in the bank, or is 'looking cute' too important for you?

As for merchanting/scamming/the market, yes it's very much possible to buy out an item still but keep in mind the duration comparisons. Currently, these highpriced items are unbuyable for weeks at a time, while someone merchanting in world 2 might only have a monopoly on said item for a few minutes before someone else shows up and undercuts him. And with the GE still being present in the game, it will be a lot more tricky. In essence: relax, it's not so bad. Unless you're one who partakes in the "junk" market, lol, at which point you'll find that your items really are junk and no one wants them for any reason at all anymore.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

the format of this poll everybody is complaining about reminds me of exactly what rs should be...unfair, buggy, reaping benefits from others with no information....o ya and willdy/free trade :)

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

fakeyr.jpg

just going to drop this here.

God, I hope this isn't Bs.

Absolutely [cabbage]. A memo like this would not be posted on their forums. This is internal staff stuff you're talking about.

What a terrible, ridiculous fake.

EDIT: They all have their own emails. This sort of thing? Would've been more realistic if it was posted as an email and not a forum post.

hzvjpwS.gif

fakeyr.jpg

just going to drop this here.

God, I hope this isn't Bs.

That picture is clearly fabricated. I see pixelation around all the text in that picture. Plus why would a jagex mod take a screenshot of that? Who would they send it to?

:thumbdown:

God, I hope it doesn't come back.

I like new Wilderness. No need to hop to German worlds for clues. Not having to be bat[cabbage] scared each time I run through it.

Have any avid Corporeal Beast slayers considered this will probably mean PvP clans will start camping outside CB dungeon's entrance?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

You guys are aware that with free trade nobody will actually "buy out" anything anymore. There are much better forms of merchanting with free trade, and buying out items would be impracticable since the GE does not set the prices. The item would just become a price war while it rises for a few hours. Anybody who offers more than the clan is offering will automatically get the item, therefor spoiling their plans. It may raise slightly in price, but it will never be impossible to buy.

Stellactic.gif