Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll make a conclusion:

This topic is infested with mad hipsters

2noob4you1 is a babe

Gingerpubes and StormRAGEEE are quitting

*slams his golden hammer on the desk*

CASE CLOSED

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

No, do not give me any excuses on "what if my account got hacked!"...

1. There is no such thing as your account being hacked... Rule 1 of the internet is that you must learn to work with your computer before connecting it to anyone elses... So if your computer is unsafe, its your own damn fault...

2. In most (all) cases, people have given out their password to someone else, or went onto a site promissing mountains of gold and they got keylogged... Again; your stupid mistake... So if the person on your account botted, you lose your account...

3. There is no 3... These are the only options on how someone could possibly get on your account...

Are you trying to imply that just because you do not download nefarious software means you are safe? I just wanted to point out how dumb and stupid that is. The only safe computer is one not plugged into the internet.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

So, in short...

Jagex messed up and created a voting system that can be easily frauded. As a result of such, we're going to be getting the Wilderness and free trade back.

Yep, this is definitely going to be fun.

Also read the remainder of my post...

The rest in short is basicly:

Should us honest players really be comfortable with Jagex' new attitude against cheaters?

No.

Is whether or not we're comfortable with it going to affect what Jagex does anyways? Hell no.

So does it really matter whether or not we're comfortable with it? No.

a70c7.png

I completely disagree, and think you are wrong on all opinions.

First of all, I know about the botting community of RS, and it's a hell of alot bigger than it was before the wilderness was removed. You don't see the difference because it's not a bald man in a tan shirt and green shorts anymore. It's a guy in full bandos, with a fire cape, barrows gloves, and onyx ring(i) killing abby demons, training slayer, and RCing.

Secondly, this obviously pleases the majority of RS players as well as making Jagex more profit from people who return.

And to your message about the "honest players" bullcrap:

Almost all of the "honest players" today stuck through those updates hoping Jagex would someday fix it, and now they are.

You're whispering in a room full of screams.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't go through with it.

There aren't really any good reasons to vote no anyway. For once, jagex is thinking like a business and doing something good.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Should us honest players really be comfortable with Jagex' new attitude against cheaters?

...what new attitude? Did you really read the post they gave?

We’ve been shutting down bot-makers all around the world and prosecuting people for stealing accounts, and we’ve evolved our systems to quickly detect cheating; however, we will have to accept that we will never completely eradicate cheating so long as there is an incentive and method to do so. Bringing back free trade and the original Wilderness will certainly make this a bigger issue than it is today, though I can pledge that we will never stop trying to combat it.

Or do you simply think they're lying? And if that's the case then why do you think their care for bots have suddenly changed? Wouldn't it be far more likely that their indifference hasn't changed, if that's the case?

hzvjpwS.gif

I have merged the other two threads into this one. If you want to discuss the poll, please do it here.

EDIT: Why can't I vote no?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm for it, although it will have its downsides it brings positives back too. Since this vote is already at 500k+ in the first few hours it will pass, Dumb Jagex, takes all of 5mins to write a script to gather hiscores usernames and post the form. :shame:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Walking into the wilderness to do your clue scroll will be a lot difficult now...

Did they say they were removing PvP and Bounty Worlds as well?

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I find it an odd decision to, effectively, let people vote using other peoples names. It seems to have no disadvantages, other than it will drive the number up, and if this is what Jagex wants then it just proves this is a pointless poll to fuel speculation and also generate publicity. If anyone could enlighten me to any reasons why they didn't require you to login to vote, please do :)

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Or because I may not play constantly but still play the game? Just because you may play more hours than me does not make me less entitled to an opinion on the game. If we could remove any old update it would be skillcapes. I was not a full supporter of removing free trade, however, it will lead to another few years of unsettled game if the update goes through.

The vote is a shambles. I cannot understand why you do not need a password to vote. It's madness.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

That's because the "vote" is an illusion. I'm surprised there isn't the usual social networking bar attachhd to it. "like this, tweet this, dig this etc". So you're mates who might of used to play see it pop up on your page and check it out & so on.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

That's because the "vote" is an illusion. I'm surprised there isn't the usual social networking bar attachhd to it. "like this, tweet this, dig this etc". So you're mates who might of used to play see it pop up on your page and check it out & so on.

There is.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is.

There is too, ROFL.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Would it be illegal to run a script that looks at the highscores and automatically votes for people on them?

Illegal? Probably not. Vote rigging, yes. Corrupt, wrong, immoral, choose whichever term you wish.

Maybe Jagex already have the update ready to roll and just wanted to legitimise it? Thinking it wouldn't get enough votes, they made it not need a password knowing their player base would cheat to get high enough votes?

zqXeV.jpg