Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to see that tip it has put up a nice announcement trying to encourage people to vote for RWTers

Which announcement is this? The Editorial recruitment drive?

I've spent a fair few hours in my time criticising the Tip.It Times Editorial panel's standards but I'll hold off accusing them of RWT! :razz:

Can't stand the thought of a return to the days of free trade, the original wildy or the problems associated with it, make sure you get everyone who feels the same way to boycott this vote. If the majority of players don't vote in favour Jagex won't bring it back. Will the silence be deafening?
Haha, Jagex wants boycotts? Gotta love Jagex, its like they are trying to stir up controversy :lol:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

good to see that tip it has put up a nice announcement trying to encourage people to vote for RWTers

Which announcement is this? The Editorial recruitment drive?

I've spent a fair few hours in my time criticising the Tip.It Times Editorial panel's standards but I'll hold off accusing them of RWT! :razz:

He's referring to the front-page announcement on the Tip.It homepage, not the forums.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Wow, I can't vote no... awesome.

Wilderness and free pk is the plague of runescape. I like how all those "pkers" are thrown into their own servers where they can rot and 76k or whatever they do.

Curious of what "free trade" will do to all the rare prices though..... will the GE still be in effect?

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

Wilderness and free pk is the plague of runescape. I like how all those "pkers" are thrown into their own servers where they can rot and 76k or whatever they do.

Curious of what "free trade" will do to all the rare prices though..... will the GE still be in effect?

Opinion

I wonder if this will count for deaths. Looting dead bodies was amazing, but since there's graves I bet they won't change it. icon_thumbsd.gif

In the image I posted a few posts up, Mod Mark clarified that there won't be any gravestones in the Wilderness.

But I mean in other places around the map. Like people die all the time in barrows or GWD, and if they brought back death loot, GWD prices would go up I imagine.

Looking at the goings on today I've come up with a theory as to what Jagex has planned:

This vote is only a preliminary vote, not a final decision. Why you ask?

Well looking at TIF's vote on this thread it's quite clear that the RS community as it is now is pretty much 50/50 on this issue. Or 60/40... whatever. But you have to consider that a LOT of people quit following the 2007 updates. There used to be a lot more people online during peak hours prior to that.

So perhaps this vote is just to get the attention of the entire runescape community, including those who quit, so this issue can be taken to a PROPER vote. The networking site links along with the encouragement to spread the word indicates to me that this might just be the case.

Just because you're not a pker doesn't mean it's bad. A lot of us enjoyed it. Also, 76kers are usually not pkers... You're the plague of runescape.

And what the [bleep] is with the "they can rot or 76k or whatever they do" statement? Are you flipping [developmentally delayed]ed?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Just because you're not a pker doesn't mean it's bad. A lot of us enjoyed it. Also, 76kers are usually not pkers... You're the plague of runescape.

And what the [bleep] is with the "they can rot or 76k or whatever they do" statement? Are you flipping [developmentally delayed]ed?

To add to that 76king won't exist in the old-wilderness

I'm a little worried. Remember what Paul said when free trading first got removed? He said that they had to either leave RWT as it was and shut the game down in a year, or undertake action against them and let the game live on for another six years or so. Now Jagex is handing out $10000 and bringing back free trading... I don't want 2011 to be RuneScape's final year, lol.

I'm a little worried. Remember what Paul said when free trading first got removed? He said that they had to either leave RWT as it was and shut the game down in a year, or undertake action against them and let the game live on for another six years or so. Now Jagex is handing out $10000 and bringing back free trading... I don't want 2011 to be RuneScape's final year, lol.

I'm surprised Jagex actually can afford giving out that much money. :P

And everything has to come to an end. I wouldn't mind RS shutting down as I'm pretty much done with it.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Lemmy get one thing straight:

I do not wish to change wildy. Things are fine the way they are if you ask me, except for the droptable of the PVP worlds...

And while I have a sig that encourages free trade; I do enjoy the trade limits to some extend (sometimes they are neccisary to prevent scaming), as the limits are broad enough for anyone to trade with normally...

So, you would expect me to vote no... (or not at all in this case)

Now let me show you a few pics:

nightshadel.jpg

Or how about this one

178833-12212010112909pm.png

Now, I already didn't like the fact that bots do not get banned instantly anymore, but instead get their stuff (XP/GP) removed... I couldn't even understand the decision to do this...

Jagex' line of reasoning that people who normally get banned for cheating, and who now will not be... They say it saves money as more people will remain a customer, and at the same time give people a 2nd chance when they've somehow been lured into botting, or are doing it by accident...

By accident? What... You tripped, landed on the exact keys on your keyboard and in falling down further you managed to click everything properly? GTFO... But ok... Money is tight (thats why they are giving away $120,000!!!), so I get the 2nd chance thing...

But wouldn't all the peope that are now hired to make the call to decide between perm/temp ban, and wether or not to get stuff/xp removed from the account, and how much of each, cost WAY WAY more then a simple (and understandible) rule: Bot is ban!

No, do not give me any excuses on "what if my account got hacked!"...

1. There is no such thing as your account being hacked... Rule 1 of the internet is that you must learn to work with your computer before connecting it to anyone elses... So if your computer is unsafe, its your own damn fault...

2. In most (all) cases, people have given out their password to someone else, or went onto a site promissing mountains of gold and they got keylogged... Again; your stupid mistake... So if the person on your account botted, you lose your account...

3. There is no 3... These are the only options on how someone could possibly get on your account...

And now this...

A newspost in which they say "Hey guys, our previous anti-RWT and bot-fighting game adaptions didn't work (gee, the rune/pure essence seperation wasn't obvious enough for you?), so we're goign to give that up completely"...

One passage in particular of that newspost is what got to me:

We’ve been shutting down bot-makers all around the world and prosecuting people for stealing accounts' date=' and we’ve evolved our systems to quickly detect cheating; however, we will have to accept that we will never completely eradicate cheating so long as there is an incentive and method to do so. Bringing back free trade and the original Wilderness will certainly make this a bigger issue than it is today, though I can pledge that we will never stop trying to combat it.[/quote']

Let me try to translate it:

"We're going to let you vote on the thing some of you have always wanted back, even if it helps botting and RWT run rampant throughout the game once more... We know it hurts, dissapoints, and frankly p*sses you honest players off, but at least almost everyone got what they wanted, right? Oh btw, you don't need to register to vote, just put an X here... And you can't vote 'no' ..."

Dear Jagex...

Do not forget who put you into that Guiness Book of Records... It wasn't the bots or those who controlled them... It wasn't the people that tried to earn a living playing your game...

It was us honest players, who enjoyed it for as long as we could... We were the ones that were drawn to you when you named and shamed cheaters, and put them in the pillory for us, in an attempt to keep this game free of those cheaters...

You tried to fight them and failed on many occasions, but fight them you did... That is what we admired... This is what has drawn us to the game...

Undo your own work at your own peril...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Nothing says that the GE will go away. It can continue the way it is, or give "suggested values" but let you sell/buy for whatever you want.

The thing about this that I'll really, really enjoy is when the people with rares "worth" billions of coins actually try to sell them for what they think they are worth. The sound of people crashing to reality will be deafening.

Shouldn't this be part of the existing threads regarding the vote on free trade/wilderness? I'm going to wait for the FAQ before I pass further judgement, which will be released tomorrow.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

This isn't just about the fraud, but about the general attitude of Jagex about botting and RWT has taken a turn towards...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!