Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

No... just no... I feel that Jagex is just asking the rs community to completely ruin the game. Just cause we want something doesn't mean we need it... I can see this update doing infinitely more harm than any positive effects.

Be careful what you wish for, cause you might just get it. <--- comes to mind w/ this update

Don't worry man, I voted for you :D

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming this is real, just... wow at the voting system.

As for my opinion, I would like free trade back (or perhaps no limit for very long-term friends, since I'd love to help some out), but I can see so many problems with both. I guess it depends how they actually implement everything.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

No... just no... I feel that Jagex is just asking the rs community to completely ruin the game. Just cause we want something doesn't mean we need it... I can see this update doing infinitely more harm than any positive effects.

They wouldn't be doing this at all if they couldn't ensure their bottom line not being damaged by it, and that was the whole reason they made the updates in the first place.

hzvjpwS.gif

Hmmm -- so if it does come back ,I guess it just proves that three years of whining, [bleep]ing and complaining can actually achieve something. <_<

I guess I should go and apologize to my children for all the times that they whined and cried to me, in order to get something, and I said "no" ...

Congratulations Jagex, you've made spoiled children everywhere completely happy.

:rolleyes:

and lots of annoyed adults who can just be as bad as kids ;)

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Of course the majority on here will vote no; this is more of a skilling and questing community it seems to me.

Of course they vote yes:

The thrill while craftin natures through the abbys while pkers could log in any more and tb + bind you was amazing!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Hmmm -- so if it does come back ,I guess it just proves that three years of whining, [bleep]ing and complaining can actually achieve something. <_<

I guess I should go and apologize to my children for all the times that they whined and cried to me, in order to get something, and I said "no" ...

Congratulations Jagex, you've made spoiled children everywhere completely happy.

Don't be so cynical about this. Jagex may have handled the trade restrictions and wilderness changes extremely poorly, but right now you sound just as bad as those who complained when everything was changed in the first place.

Touché.

Honestly -- it makes no never mind to me what they do. I merely found "free trade" inconvenient and I'd prefer PKers to revenants any day -- at least you can "reason" with PKers.

Meanwhile, I've still got to now go and quell an uprising in my home because my kids think that, if they cry enough, they'll get their own way every time ... <_<

nyuseg.png

I suppose there are people who are going to come back if they do it .. and people (like me .. 100% going to happen) who are going to stop playing the game, anyways, if it happens ... I'm pretty much happy for you guys :thumbsup:

It's not so much the issue I'm opposed to, but I dislike being treated like an idiot.

Anyone with even a slight understanding of how an election works can see this is a total fix and it's going to happen whether we want it or not. I'm guessing the motivation is because Jagex want the quick buck, but to make a 'poll' under the impression that somehow what we say actually means a damn is pretentious and arrogant, and I expect better from a company I have given over £150 of my money to. There's a relationship between customer and company, it has to be based on a level of trust, and Jagex have broken that for me.

If I want to spend cash on playing with intolerable children, being part of a degenerate community run by a company that doesn't give a crap for anything except profit margins, I'll spend it on XBL. By the way, some of the 360's games are far beyond anything RuneScape will ever hope to achieve, Golden Joystick or not.

... and lots of annoyed adults who can just be as bad as kids ... ;)

Hey! I resemble that remark! OUCH! :roll:

nyuseg.png

Frankly, yeah, really got me how they didn't need you to log in or anything. I don't like conspiracy theories, and I often try to view Jagex optimistically... But, as you pointed out, you don't need to log in for it. Makes sense, it's a front to get people to view that; most importantly, try to get people who have quit RS to put their name down on that and come back for it.

Frankly, if Jagex brings back old trade by removing some of the old stuff though, like a safer wilderness and the GE, I can't say I support it. I really hope they keep the wilderness on some worlds the way it is now, although I won't go into detail here... I am looking forward to staking, once I get the gear I originally wanted for safe PVP :D

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Frankly, yeah, really got me how they didn't need you to log in or anything. I don't like conspiracy theories, and I often try to view Jagex optimistically... But, as you pointed out, you don't need to log in for it. Makes sense, it's a front to get people to view that; most importantly, try to get people who have quit RS to put their name down on that and come back for it.

Frankly, if Jagex brings back old trade by removing some of the old stuff though, like a safer wilderness and the GE, I can't say I support it. I really hope they keep the wilderness on some worlds the way it is now, although I won't go into detail here... I am looking forward to staking, once I get the gear I originally wanted for safe PVP :D

I doubt they would scrap old updates. I think they'll keep a few PvP worlds and BH worlds, then convert all the "normal" worlds now to the old wilderness. Only thing that may go is Revenants.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I suppose there are people who are going to come back if they do it .. and people (like me .. 100% going to happen) who are going to stop playing the game, anyways, if it happens ... I'm pretty much happy for you guys :thumbsup:

It's not so much the issue I'm opposed to, but I dislike being treated like an idiot.

Anyone with even a slight understanding of how an election works can see this is a total fix and it's going to happen whether we want it or not. I'm guessing the motivation is because Jagex want the quick buck, but to make a 'poll' under the impression that somehow what we say actually means a damn is pretentious and arrogant, and I expect better from a company I have given over £150 of my money to. There's a relationship between customer and company, it has to be based on a level of trust, and Jagex have broken that for me.

If I want to spend cash on playing with intolerable children, being part of a degenerate community run by a company that doesn't give a crap for anything except profit margins, I'll spend it on XBL. By the way, some of the 360's games are far beyond anything RuneScape will ever hope to achieve, Golden Joystick or not.

I definitely agree with this.

As long as they've fixed up free trade and the wildy from being tools for bots then I don't mind. The *real* issue is the fact they've gone back on 3 years of claims and arguments against the community by claiming, rightly, that the removals were needed and necessary. There was no need to suddenly spring the possibility of it on us other than, of course, money.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

300k votes in 2 hours. Mathematically we can get 3.6 million votes a day. Approximately 3 weeks before poll ends, we can get.. 75.6 million votes. Half that out if generosity, we get

32.8 million votes.

Do we even have that many players?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

the removals were needed and necessary.

No they weren't, because they utterly failed to remove RWT from the game. In case you haven't noticed, both botting and RWT markets have been roaring lately. There was the "selling partyhat for trade price and $500" variety, and the "buy crashing item min sell to RWTer for mid" variety. Neither were in any way difficult to pull off.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Haven't been around for a while, mainly because of how restrictive the game has become. A game, especially a free-roaming game like RuneScape should be as flexible and dynamic as possible. Destroying the game because of a group of people who sold gold for real life cash was not the way to go about it.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

No they weren't, because they utterly failed to remove RWT from the game. In case you haven't noticed, both botting and RWT markets have been roaring lately. There was the "selling partyhat for trade price and $500" variety, and the "buy crashing item min sell to RWTer for mid" variety. Neither were in any way difficult to pull off.

It was needed for the fraudulent ones that cost them money, not the ones that don't. If they've found a better way to stop the fraudulent ones, there's no reason not to go back to free trading times.

hzvjpwS.gif

It was needed for the fraudulent ones that cost them money, not the ones that don't. If they've found a better way to stop the fraudulent ones, there's no reason not to go back to free trading times.

We never knew how serious this thread was. You all just "believe jagex for their blue eyes".. - But what if this wans't true, but instead a CEO interpretation?

Like our goverment just lied about the fact that the FIFA world cup would "not cost money and possibly bring lots of money" - Yet when looking at the last world cups they weren't. (and it turned out the responsible politican just did it to show some "leadership" or something).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

We never knew how serious this thread was. You all just "believe jagex for their blue eyes".. - But what if this wans't true, but instead a CEO interpretation?

Like our goverment just lied about the fact that the FIFA world cup would "not cost money and possibly bring lots of money" - Yet when looking at the last world cups they weren't. (and it turned out the responsible politican just did it to show some "leadership" or something).

No idea what you're talking about, I won't lie. If they weren't losing money, why would they change their game so drastically? Do you have a reason other than just shouting, "CONSPIRACY" from the rooftops?

hzvjpwS.gif

Nothing has changed. If people were stealing credit cards to make bots to make money to RWT, there's no reason they wouldn't be doing the same thing now, because it's still very much possible to sell gold. Either Jagex has found a way not to be financially impacted by the practice anymore, or they're still taking the hit regardless.

With the trade restrictions, beyond the 5$ a month and the speed of your computer & internet connection, everyone is equal. The restrictions are enough to deter most RWTers, and slow down those who are highly-motivated.

Remove those restrictions and this game is no different from a F2P game with microtransanctions, where people well-off in the real world can trample over those who are not.

2480+ total