Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Guest jrhairychest

Soul Wars bots

Plank Bots

Green Dragon bots

Not to mention the other random skilling botters.

Go to any RWT site and they are still in business. There are still many ways to transfer in runescape.

You are just speculating here. There's no evidence to state that things are the way they were 3 years ago.

I have a good amount of inside information about people that make a living selling runescape gp. Obviously it'd be stupid to go into any more detail about this.

Another thing is that addition to gold-farming bots, we also have skilling bots nowadays. I have a mate that has 99s in 6 hard skills botted, and hasn't got a black mark for it yet. I've been playing this game long enough and have enough information about botting now and then. If people think botting or rwt-ing will ''return'' they are just stupid, blind or trolling.

Meanwhile, going for the positive parts about this update, no newschooler(and we have a bunch of these here) will be whining and crying about merchanters screwing them in the form of junk trading- money will be valuable again. Also, making a good return is the majority of high level content we had- staking and pking. I have atleast 10 friends off the top of my head who will come back for even a while just because of this potential update.

Again speculation. Insider information, which is debatable on the validity of your claim, isn't evidence its just a statement plucked out of the air. Your 'friend' botts and you don't seem to mind, yet you're quite happy for the return of free trade and staking? Wasn't it guys like your friend and the likes of yourself who doesn't do a thing about it make you both a part of the problem in the first place?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be illegal to run a script that looks at the highscores and automatically votes for people on them?

Illegal? Probably not. Vote rigging, yes. Corrupt, wrong, immoral, choose whichever term you wish.

Maybe Jagex already have the update ready to roll and just wanted to legitimise it? Thinking it wouldn't get enough votes, they made it not need a password knowing their player base would cheat to get high enough votes?

Bro I am pretty sure that the consesnus of the general public is that the vote is just for fun and that this update is clearly just a planned update. They probably have it all planned out and just wanted to run the poll to see how dedicated people were to rigging millions of votes.

I wish that they would've done a legitimate vote though so that people like yourself could just see that the population of players who would actually oppose this revert are in the vast minority. Do you really think we need to have a vote on this? Do you really think that the people who are against this would win?

Yes (82 votes [58.57%])

No (58 votes [41.43%])

That vote may not be as large, and may only be tip.it, but it is less of a throwaway vote that the Jagex one is. It doesn't show this vast minority you seem to think.

As I said, i agree it probably is set to roll out and is just a farce.

A 6% or greater spread is often considered a landslide. Just saying

Dennydispoto.gif

Dag King Drops: D axe(3), Zerker Ring(3)

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan Spears. 33 drops total.

I could care less. I don't pk, and Im fine with the grand exchange.

Well, the grand exchange will still exist regardless of how they choose to go, if that helps your decision. :P

But probably will be <bleep>ed up even more with all the trades only happening outside of it.

(items with high-street won't be sold in GE anymore)

Meanwhile, going for the positive parts about this update, no newschooler(and we have a bunch of these here) will be whining and crying about merchanters screwing them in the form of junk trading- money will be valuable again.

Positive?

Items which are bought out will be sold with useless items or for an insane price, other way around for items that are crashing.

At least manipulation clans had to wait several days/weeks for the price to rise, with the risk of pre-dumping. What will happen now you think?

Do you feel like a wuss being pked by another person instead of an npc? Are you blind to the amount of bots we have already?

MMG is a business man. For once it's what people alot of people want. The reasons why free trade and wilderness were removed don't apply anymore- botting and rwting is as strong as it was 3 years ago, but only if you open your eyes. Meanwhile, jagex has never recovered from the popularity drop that was caused by the removal of free trade.

What's your evidence to support your statement that bots are still abundant and that botting and rwting is as it was 3 years ago?

It's hard to cite any real evidence that RWT is still a problem, however one simply needs to take a trip to east Varrock to see the abundance of rune essence bots. Not to mention the bots that can be found in other areas such as the Living Rock Caverns. I'm not sure if it's a big a problem as it was, however it would be naive to think that it isn't still a major issue. The difference is, as stated before, that the bots aren't primarily level 3 throwaway accounts like they were, but rather otherwise legitimate looking players. Old problems have simply been replaced with new ones.

Bringing back wilderness pking/free trade is likely to cause more harm than good, and would certainly increase the amount of RWT already present. I shudder to think how prolific bots would be if free trade was reintroduced. While I can understand the appeal of having things as they once were, it is a change which does not *need* to be made.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Stupidity makes a return.

Enjoy your abyss pking for glories.

Extend an invitation to a 10 year old to make a stellar deal just north of the wildy fence line.

Welcome back the little bald green guys as they mass around every yew tree.

Slam the doors and spam the screen with whatever you can when another unprepared played steps in the line of danger at places like the hero's guild blue dragon.

Camp dharok's tomb for goodies.

Hey, it's not like you'll be posterized in a HA12D video.

They never said graves would be removed. Or even that wild would be in all worlds. And as for scamming and luring, who cares? It might actually do that naive 10 year old some good. Better it happens in a game than something similar in real life.

Soul Wars bots

Plank Bots

Green Dragon bots

Not to mention the other random skilling botters.

Go to any RWT site and they are still in business. There are still many ways to transfer in runescape.

You are just speculating here. There's no evidence to state that things are the way they were 3 years ago.

I mean to say there will always be botters no matter what. It goes to show that more bots have been created and new and more advanced types of bots also even after the old style wilderness and free trade was removed.

Sure some bots may come back, maybe even alot for a while but Jagex as a company has evolved in the past 3-4 years and hopefully have come up with some solutions to combat the problem. But there will always be RWTing and botting no matter what.

I could care less. I don't pk, and Im fine with the grand exchange.

Well, the grand exchange will still exist regardless of how they choose to go, if that helps your decision. :P

But probably will be <bleep>ed up even more with all the trades only happening outside of it.

(items with high-street won't be sold in GE anymore)

Items with high street were NEVER/rarely sold in the ge. That's why they had a street value. >_>

If the GE remains open for unrestricted pricing it would resist the changes quite nicely, which is what is likely to happen. Or at least, we haven't heard anything to the contrary.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm astonished at how flawed this process is:

• No attempt to authenticate who you are before you vote
  • You can (apparently) vote multiple times
  • No way to vote "No"
  • No way to vote separately for free trading and the wildy - what if you're in favour of one but not the other?
  • No explanation - for the benefit of new players - what these things actually ARE. There must've been a lot of people join since 2007.
  • No details of in what form they're proposing to bring them back.

A proper poll, where you have to sign on to cast a vote, and you can say "yes" or "no" to each issue in turn, might yield interesting results. I'm not sure it would be as clear cut as many think it would.

Personally, I don't have a view on free trading, but I'd be against a return to the old wilderness on every world. If they keep the new wildy on a few worlds - so I can go there when I need to for a quest or to spot a penguin without running into a bunch of PK-ers - then fine. But if it's a blanket choice between old and new, count me in for new.

Not that it matters though. My name appears in the high scores, so I expect someone's already cast multiple "yes" votes on my behalf.

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png

Items with high street were NEVER/rarely sold in the ge. That's why they had a street value. >_>

If the GE remains open for unrestricted pricing it would resist the changes quite nicely, which is what is likely to happen. Or at least, we haven't heard anything to the contrary.

You said it, rarely, why would a regular player sell an item with street (like a rannar weed for example, 7k in ge, 10k 'street') in trade when they don't have junk?

-> they would not even bother and sell in GE.

If trade restrictions are gone, why would a regular player sell them in GE when they can have 10k pure cash in trade?

-> messes up GE imo...

After reading what MMG said in the CC, i think it would have gone ahead with or without a high vote, its just a publicity stunt.

GE would still have its use if it underwent changes, but more as an Auction house than fixed price ranges.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

If trade restrictions are gone, why would I sell them in GE when I can have 10k pure cash in trade?

-> messes up GE imo...

If trade restrictions are gone then they would be gone from the GE as well. The GE would not limit your prices (it would have "recommended prices" instead) so you could put ranarrs up in the GE for 10k if you wanted to.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

This voting is just to see if there is animo for it, if yes then Jagex team will hold a meeting about this.

The numbers won't have any influence on this meeting, if the number is low they just wont have the meeting at all.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

You said it, rarely, why would a regular player sell an item with street (like a rannar weed for example, 7k in ge, 10k 'street') in trade when they don't have junk?

-> they would not even bother and sell in GE.

If trade restrictions are gone, why would a regular player sell them in GE when they can have 10k pure cash in trade?

-> messes up GE imo...

....because if this update happens they can trade it for whatever they want with no hassle on the GE with the removal of ceilings/floors?

:?:

EDIT: I don't understand if you're complaining about how the ge is now, or how it will be in the future. The reason why the prices don't update now is because the GE can't update because they set the item far too low in price, which is why its sold on the street. You wouldn't have something like that in a free trade environment,.

hzvjpwS.gif

Oh MY F***ING GOD!!!!!!

Yes, yes a million times YES!!!

They should've done this in 08 when they saw how much of a failure BH was. But no worries, 3 years of flawed PvP is no more, can't wait, hope it comes out sooner than later.

Staurolite.png

Oh MY F***ING GOD!!!!!!

Yes, yes a million times YES!!!

They should've done this in 08 when they saw how much of a failure BH was. But no worries, 3 years of flawed PvP is no more, can't wait, hope it comes out sooner than later.

625k votes so far :D

....because if this update happens they can trade it for whatever they want with no hassle on the GE with the removal of ceilings/floors?

Oldtime merching without restrictions nor price ceilings WITH the ease of buying your stock in the GE. :unsure:

And you think this won't mess up the market...

(ever heard of price manipulation? those manipulators have more cash than ever before in their hands to play the market)

Oldtime merching without restrictions nor price ceilings WITH the ease of buying your stock in the GE. :unsure:

(ever heard of price manipulation? those manipulators have more cash than ever before in their hands to play the market)

Because price manipulation doesn't already happen in any way, shape, or form?

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

How the [bleep] can I vote no to abyss pkers and bot mania?????????????????????????

Mod MMG is smoking crack this holiday.

Its way too late to go back to 2007 and this poll is a half-ass rig job.

Do you feel like a wuss being pked by another person instead of an npc? Are you blind to the amount of bots we have already?

MMG is a business man. For once it's what people alot of people want. The reasons why free trade and wilderness were removed don't apply anymore- botting and rwting is as strong as it was 3 years ago, but only if you open your eyes. Meanwhile, jagex has never recovered from the popularity drop that was caused by the removal of free trade.

Stupidity makes a return.

Enjoy your abyss pking for glories.

Extend an invitation to a 10 year old to make a stellar deal just north of the wildy fence line.

Welcome back the little bald green guys as they mass around every yew tree.

Slam the doors and spam the screen with whatever you can when another unprepared played steps in the line of danger at places like the hero's guild blue dragon.

Camp dharok's tomb for goodies.

Hey, it's not like you'll be posterized in a HA12D video.

Mmm, your posts make good Haikus.

I wish Jagex actually did the poll properly. Hang on, haven't they already got a polling system in place already, with password checks and everything? Why on Guthix's third nipple didn't they just use that one?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Guest jrhairychest

I mean to say there will always be botters no matter what. It goes to show that more bots have been created and new and more advanced types of bots also even after the old style wilderness and free trade was removed.

Sure some bots may come back, maybe even alot for a while but Jagex as a company has evolved in the past 3-4 years and hopefully have come up with some solutions to combat the problem. But there will always be RWTing and botting no matter what.

So its all just pie in the sky claims when comparing then and now. I don't dispute that botting goes on or its advancements but I do dispute using blase then and now claims to support its re-introduction without any solid facts.

No more than it's already been messed up, no.

hzvjpwS.gif

Lol with GE you can manipulate prices and you don't even have to lie about anything. Just buy out something, and watch the price rocket up. I'm sick to my eyeballs of hearing "Why can't I buy X", "Because X is being merched atm".

WOW! I've not played RS in a long long time (started playing late 2001, quit in 2006/7?) but this did make my eyes light up. Not sure what my opinion is really, the free trade would be nice but....Oh I don't know, will be interesting to see how this all pans out!

bunyip.png