Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

That's a fake.

So either Jagex if [bleep]ing with you guys, or they've already decided to bring it back. Personally I hope they're [bleep]ing with the community because that would be hilarious trolling on their part.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't look fake at all.. Seriously, from a business standpoint misleading people into thinking that free trade has a chance of returning then ripping the carpet out from under them would be suicide.. This voting is fabricated with the only intent to cause a buzz and increase revenue. They are basically forced into adding free trade and some sort of wilderness at this point.

Low_C.png

The main reason why people are saying 'no' right now is because we don't know exactly how they want to implement 'the good old days' of RuneScape back into the game. We can speculate, but they won't be removing everything, and I'm sure some things will be back in a slightly improved way; the 'blend' might turn out best for everyone. Certainly returning exactly back to how it was would hurt a lot of people who like the GE, who like to go into the wilderness with only Revs to worry about, and are familiar with the current system of item trading and pvp, etc.

The only problem I see now is the huge uproar that would occur if Jagex were to backtrack on what they've said (basically Yes to the old wildy and free trade coming back).

You're right. Jagex should have put out a FAQ on everything they would do if it went ahead beforehand, not a day afterwards.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/

Bottom left hand corner.

Everyone is overstating the meaning of this. Guinness uses this box to keep tabs on their record holders. Try scrolling through it...

Also, the article doesn't mention anything we don't already know:

-snip-

Why would Guinness have that article under "world records in the news" when jagex cleary stated in 15-16-179-62043182 that this is no record breaking event. I would [bleep]in die for this update but tis really sketchy.

Runescape is a world record. It's the most popular free online game. It's also got some pretty big news. What more do you want?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Im becoming more and more convinced this is some massive april Christmas fools joke...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Could possibly be a BIGGER update than removing it in the first place.

I'm all for it, but I am curious on which updates they will keep, and which they will remove.

1- Graves

2- Wildy quests

3- GE limits

4- Corp beast's location

5- Lootshare/coinshare (brought in game because teams used to sell and split loots and free trade removed that)

6- Assist system (brought in game mostly because of 2x nat runners)

There are more I can't think of off the top of my head, but surely this will be MORE of a game changer than removing it in the first place.l

nautica.png

nautica.png

I think if the vote passes we will see a good 3-4 months before the change actually occurs

I would hope so, because otherwise that would completely confirm our suspicions that Jagex have already decided to do it anyway. They wouldn't develop something this big just to throw it away. There's a lot of work to be done applying old concepts to newer stuff in the game.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Wow, a poll with only one response, with limited options on what a "yes" vote means? Color me excited. Although I voted yes, I think there's better ways to do this.

1. Don't bring back the "Wilderness". What people want is a "Keep what you kill" system like the old wilderness. As such change some of the PvP servers to that rule. If your only reason for wanting the old wildy back is to kill players that don't want to pk then your opinion means nothing to me.

2. Bring back free trade, but not real world trading. I think the system that lets your build merit in your character for more lax trading is the best concept. If your only reason for wanting free trade is to buy the best gp off e-bay then your opinion means nothing to me.

I'm kind of interested to see the results. Just limit the "wilderness" to the PvP servers and be reasonable with free trade.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit