Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those saying that the economy will be ruined:

Prices change faster with the GE then they did pre-2007. I could buy an item and have it for months without it changing in price. Unless, of course, an update effected that item in some way or another (Substitution, harder to get, easier to get, etc.) Also, the whole time I played, you could buy unids for 1k each. Most staple items were extremely stable in price. Now, items get bought out, and in one month could drop by millions. I could probably recall most prices of potions, herbs, and many other items from then. I spent most of my time there. I also don't regret it.

Another thing I just thought of - with the GE in place, buying and selling has become pretty efficient. I think people will have a hard time adjusting to it.

To the people saying clues and skills (such as Runecrafting) will be impossible, think again. The reason why Jagex came out with the Abyss in the first place was to create a faster, but more dangerous way to train Runecrafting. Also people still managed to do clues. I don't know why people feel as if every world (if they implement this on every world, even) would be packed as bad as w18 and w17 are now. Usually, the wilderness was empty, except for a small clan pking deep, or some random people pking at edge.

If I happened to miss something, please feel free to call me out on it - I'm going to bed. :)

Spaz4010.png

I'll come right out and say I never had any interest in pking, and I never will. I'm with Stork on this one, it seems wrong to me to kill others and make them lose their stuff. But, that's just my opinion, and you lot who do enjoy it, do so :P I'll keep to my skilling and slaying.

This update surprised me quite a bit - I've been playing RS since late '01 (on a different account, mind you), so I know what it was like back then, to some degree (I was only f2p, after all). I know how dangerous it was in the wild, I was nearly killed there numerous times, but I just avoided it for the most part since there was nothing there at the time for me personally to actually do.

Free trade was another thing I found... interesting. I still remember mining in barb village for coal, running down to draynor to cert it, and running back to wherever to sell it to people. I remember having to sit on w1 or whatever other trade worlds there were at the time to buy my first bits of rune armor that weren't in the champion's guild store.

... and I also remember selling a strange red mask for 30k gold on the day it was dropped. *facepalm*

Anyway, I'm rambling again. I already voted yes (by pure accident since I, like a few others, didn't realize it was for voting yes and thought it was to log in first), but after thinking about it for a while, I think I'll be alright with this happening. It'll probably make things harder (ct slayer tasks, deep wildy clues, etc), but I think I can handle that. The free trade, well... I'll have to see how the ge works after the update. I've grown used to not having to buy stuff directly from other players, lol. It should be fascinating to see how it will all get applied, assuming the poll goes through and they do implement it.

Although personally, I find this whole poll thing to be rather... odd in how it was executed, but whatever.

Link_Olaran.png

Look, I appreciated when Jagex made the abyss and how it tried to make PKers into a monster of sorts. But when you have all the problems of PvP that the wilderness brought, it just took away the fun of the game. And sorry, a Level 85 spell (teleblock) to counter a level 21 spell (teleport) is asinine. If they bring back the wilderness ie PvP on all servers it better have better game mechanics that what it did.

What problems? Rcers lose their glories? I don't see the problem with teleblock being lvl 85 mage either....

Again, I'll reiterate that it's a bs poll that'll accomplish nothing but show how many account names there are in the game.

First, the wilderness is more than just the abyss area or the Green Dragons by the graveyard. However, at least people are being honest this this is nothing about Pkers vs Pkers. It's about being able to kill others with minimal to no risk to yourself. Anyway, I like how protect prayer, protect item, teleports, etc. are being defended by these hard core pkers here. Yeah, ok, it's my OPINION that pkers that wish to attack non-pkers should give up quite a few of the protections that are afforded non-pkers. I'm talking more than just 3 item save here. Getting pre-assigned skulls (to prevent abuse of 3-item save) and removing teleport, protect item, and protect prayers would have went a long way to improve the Wilderness of old.

Teleblock is great as a level 85 spell if it's about a Pker using it against a non-pker. However, pkers shouldn't be able to teleport at all. That's just too big of a safety net.

Oh yeah, how will the "keep what you kill" system be put in place to avoid real world trading.

I don't see why keeping 3 items instead of one isn't a fair trade off for pking. How was there ever 3 item abuse? they either just owned by anyone truly pking, or rarely ever got attacked. I actually wouldn't mind if people who got skulled were unable to teleport, but i don't see what's wrong with pkers having a safety net...everyone has the same conditions for surviving in the wild.

I don't care if its disgraceful to teleport from a fight or one item, whats the impact to these things existing? Harder kills for legitimate pkers? Intense flaming by non pkers? annoyance? What made the wild great was that you would be able to find ways to deal with these things...ie smiting one itemers and have someone heal them, or like, teleblock your opponent when you are fighting and learn to hybrid with normal spellbook using charge + god spell, or maybe those new surge spells.

Upon further inspection of the poll page, it seems very fake to me, I hope to god this is not some practical joke. However I guess by not having a link to the poll page on the main site that it requires us to prove even more how dedicated we are about this and spread the word around. I honestly have had this little desire for this day to come for the last 3 years, and if for some reason the majority votes no, I will surely be quitting. If the majority votes no, this just proves that most of the elder members have moved on and been replaced by naive players. Yea...so, vote yes...

Almonds.png

Upon further inspection of the poll page, it seems very fake to me, I hope to god this is not some practical joke. However I guess by not having a link to the poll page on the main site that it requires us to prove even more how dedicated we are about this and spread the word around. I honestly have had this little desire for this day to come for the last 3 years, and if for some reason the majority votes no, I will surely be quitting. If the majority votes no, this just proves that most of the elder members have moved on and been replaced by naive players. Yea...so, vote yes...

You can't vote 'no'.

hzvjpwS.gif

You can't vote 'no'.

Yes, but if you read it, they will count all the people who didn't vote as a "No", which is not good at all...I'm scared

Almonds.png

Everyone can teleport, so it's not exactly an advantage. Don't like people teleporting? Move to higher wildy. Although I agree, it is a little late to make these changes, by July or so everything will be back to normal.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Wonderful post. Would read again.

Okay, now I'm done.

Look, Stork. No one is forcing you to set foot in the wilderness.

Do you like your way of boss hunting? skilling? etc? You still have all of that. You never have to set foot north of the wall. You're acting like you're forced into the wilderness and you'll get killed all the time.

Staurolite.png

To all of players that are worried about Wilderness because it will make Clue scrolls hard, it's nothing to fear.

Clue scrol items; Sextant, Chart, Watch, Clue scroll = 4 items Protect item>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

U keep all 4.

Yes, but if you read it, they will count all the people who didn't vote as a "No", which is not good at all...I'm scared

I did read thoroughly, however there is no form of account validation. You literally cannot abstain, because most likely your name was already snatched by a program and submitted already. The poll is just a hype-builder.

hzvjpwS.gif

i couldnt have said it better my self

"Jagex wants a record, and how will they achieve it? by giving us the wildy back.if this is a joke 50% of the current players will quit and jagex will go bankrupt They just want to gain another Golden Joystick award for being the best developpers, well giving back the wildy and the trading system will make a lot of people start playing again, they already know the votes will go but they can pull a record out of it and make money of it, so why not?"

from bonbloc

v2vh5l.png

I did read thoroughly, however there is no form of account validation. You literally cannot abstain, because most likely your name was already snatched by a program and submitted already. The poll is just a hype-builder.

So what are you saying, what are they building hype for? You do realize that many people will most likely quit if in fact this doesn't happen?

Almonds.png

So what are you saying, what are they building hype for? You do realize that many people will most likely quit if in fact this doesn't happen?

They're building hype because they were probably going to implement it regardless. This gets the buzz going, though, and the subscriptions coming.

hzvjpwS.gif

Why would they quit?

77yLQy8.png

Just by making this bogus vote, they have declared that they lost the war on bots and RWT. From this point on, I fully expect RS to be considered from outsiders to be a botter's paradise.

I've been backing up Jagex for the last 3 years saying how they were right for fighting RWTers, gold farmers and botters at large only to have them admit defeat...

I am really disapointed in Jagex, I'm happy for my fellow friends who will enjoy original pking, but if it means I'll have to battle with more and more bots, it will definitely end my participation in this game,

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Maybe i'm being paranoid but, I'm starting to see what's going on here...Could it be that they have no intention of implementing it, and this is just a stunt to break the world record? There are over 100m registered accounts, so more than 50m need to vote. God i'm thinking of this too much

Almonds.png

Just by making this bogus vote, they have declared that they lost the war on bots and RWT. From this point on, I fully expect RS to be considered from outsiders to be a botter's paradise.

I've been backing up Jagex for the last 3 years saying how they were right for fighting RWTers, gold farmers and botters at large only to have them admit defeat...

I am really disapointed in Jagex, I'm happy for my fellow friends who will enjoy original pking, but if it means I'll have to battle with more and more bots, it will definitely end my participation in this game,

We should get sw0rd95 back. :razz:

Staurolite.png

Maybe i'm being paranoid but, I'm starting to see what's going on here...Could it be that they have no intention of implementing it, and this is just a stunt to break the world record? There are over 100m registered accounts, so more than 50m need to vote. God i'm thinking of this too much

OR they intended to bring it back anyways and figured they could nail a record at the same time.

A massive marketing scheme, Kimberly hit it on the nail.. No reason what so ever that Jagex would actually listen to their players with such a massive decision. They probably have had this in development for ages and just ironed out all the problems that would occur with real world trading if and when they re-release the wild and free trade.

Low_C.png