Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Unique of wildy was that when you killed someone you get their items. No game had that!

They could implement it on bounty worlds after free trade. Thats what bounty hunter was originally designed for...

Holy crap, you mean people actually liked the Bounty Hunter mechanic, and not that it was just a way to make HUGE money by killing RWT'ers? o_O

No, seriously, I'm shocked at the concept.

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing disturbs me greatly. First, the poll disturbes me because of the reasons already mentioned. I'm sure you all know them, but just to reiterate; why no login? Why can I just type in any name I want and it seems to work? Better yet, why am I able to type in the same name twice and it doesn't even give me a hint of an error message? Why didn't Jagex do this in a poll, instead of in such an unorthodox manner?

Second, the prospect of the wilderness and free trade coming back disturbs me as well. To establish myself; I would love it if the wilderness and free trade could come back. The wilderness used to have a sense of desolation, danger, and wild, adrenaline-inducing risk that just couldn't be matched. I thought it was great. Not only that, but I was a successful and avid merchant in the days of free trade. Those changes were part of the reason I quit for so long; I had lost my RS "livelihood." What bothers me, and boy does it bother me, is this: what about the whole REASON those changes were brought about? Was it not to stop RWT once and for all? Did they not come to the conclusion that it was the ONLY way to stop RWT and botting from ruining the game? And did they not nail their feet to the floor by that decision for months on end? Why, then is there the sudden 180 flip here? I would love to see the wild and free trade come back, but not at the cost of the core game mechanic; skilling. If you were around at the time, you probably knew that resources were nearly impossible to get. There were simply so many bots, they would take all the resources and it would be almost impossible to effectively train skills or make money off those skills. I also certainly do NOT want to see the cause of cheaters furthered. If Jagex has, as Mod Mark claims, new ways to detect and stop cheaters, I want to know about some of them. Obviously I can't know a whole lot, because then the cheaters can circumvent them easily if they know about them, but I want to know something. More than just "i canz fite betar nao"

I just don't know what to think. I think Jagex has done this vote in the most unorthodox, easy to fraud way possible, and they've done it that way for no apparent reason. I also would love to see this happen, but not at the cost of cheaters being able to cheat easily again.

I have been quit for a good 6 months now, but when someone mentioned this to me on skype, I pretty much orgasmed. I will return to scape for sure if this is done... I really have a feeling Jagex will be like "well der iz 1,000,000 votes yes but we have 20 million players so not a majority lols." I'll have to wait and see... But this will solve so many problems, and all the reasons it was taken away are still here, no real reason not to do it.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Its already almost a million votes a day. IF people do come up with some type of script to auto-vote, prepare to be amazed. Right now, it seems like the results would total out to ~30 million.

Not possible, there are only 7 digits on the counter :P

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I care more about potentially losing the GE in this game that I do not play than free trade/wilderness.

Also, this vote seems blatantly obviously constructed to allow Jagex to do whatever they actually want to do. I seriously doubt that it is even possible for the majority of registered accounts to vote, and a lot of people are lazy, and even if it does get an asston of votes, they could just say that there aren't enough.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I care more about potentially losing the GE in this game that I do not play than free trade/wilderness.

Also, this vote seems blatantly obviously constructed to allow Jagex to do whatever they actually want to do. I seriously doubt that it is even possible for the majority of registered accounts to vote, and a lot of people are lazy, and even if it does get an asston of votes, they could just say that there aren't enough.

MMG has already said that GE would stay, and instead of having set prices for items they would just be recommended prices.

yes.png

list of names

You can easily get 100's of votes without it already being taken

Or you could just keep clicking vote yes without typing anything in.

I don't think that works...

There's a list of names to the side so you gotta type something in.

Staurolite.png

anyone remember that guy who trolled everyone last new years eve by claiming he was going to hack everyone on a list of 1 million players?

yeah, i have that list still. brb making a script to enter 5 random names, change ip, repeat.

I may be wayyyy off the mark on this but I do have an idea on this.

IF Jagex were to Implement free trade and Old style wilderness back into RS BUT it was only available on lets say 'Bounty worlds' would that not make it a slight bit easier to track and ban people RWT'ing and autoing?

Just a suggestion feel free to give me some constructive input.

casual_john.png

list of names

You can easily get 100's of votes without it already being taken

Or you could just keep clicking vote yes without typing anything in.

I don't think that works...

There's a list of names to the side so you gotta type something in.

yea you can't just type in random names, if your the name you type is legit and not set as to appear anon it'll be at the top of the list of recent votes.

According to this supposed screenshot from the comment by "Bob" on this article, the vote is fake. There is the possibility that the screenshot is the fake thing, however. I have barely any experience with the RS forums, so idk what to look for to decide either way, but I suppose we'll all find out soon enough.

According to this supposed screenshot from the comment by "Bob" on this article, the vote is fake. There is the possibility that the screenshot is the fake thing, however. I have barely any experience with the RS forums, so idk what to look for to decide either way, but I suppose we'll all find out soon enough.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that picture is fake.

It's shopped from this post.

13-14-865-62042271

Look at the date of the two posts. Exactly the same time.

It also says "JaGeX Moderator News" It's spelled JAGeX (from what I know)

Also, a moderator would never post FAKE in caps.

That is the most blatantly fake fake that I've ever seen faked. I really wish that these fakers would take some faking time to make some good fakes so we could have some faking distractions to keep us interested for fake's sake.

(Yes, I know that that was hilarious)

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Ge will still exist and it still will be the standard way to buy generally traded items like logs, herbs, ores, and bones.

If there is a herb update and the demand for herbs increases people will street buy until the ge matches, and then go back to using the ge. Its not a hard concept, the items that would be affected would be things like divine shields of party hats which pretty much are street traded anyways now.

Ge and free trade CAN coexist just fine, I dont understand why people dont understand this

Well the GE is mroe than just a convenience store for some, it is also very useful for lazy people to exploit for a bit of extra free coins, and do YOU want to be the one to tell those poor starving lazy epople that they won't be able to afford Christmas ham because you were too greedy to allow them to continue exploiting the ge? Honestly I don't know what I'm doing on here anymore it's almost 6am and I don't even play this game...

Yea I don't like that either, especially combined with the fact you seemingly can vote on behalf of other accounts. So I guess unless they match accounts with IPs when votes are placed even if you choose not to vote someone will vote for you :unsure:

My pranksense is tingling for those exact reasons. If it weren't December, I'd suspect a poorly-conceived April Fool's joke in the making - unless this is preparation for April 2011...

Either way, something doesn't feel right about this whole thing and I'm not voting. I want to see what the other shoe looks like when it drops. I get the feeling more player riots are in our future...

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.