Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

While I'm in favor of a return of the Wilderness and Free Trade, this poll is rather ridiculous. It's a poll with no "No" option (tricking many people to enter in their name casting a false vote if they didn't read the full directions, because they expected to go to a voting page), no apparent user validation, no login system, and you can vote as many times as you want.

Edited by Laura

RuneTrack.com Founder

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free trade, yes. It would kill junk trading.

Old wilderness? No. The current system of devoted PK worlds are more than a decent substitute. Why limit yourself to a small region when you can kill almost anywhere?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Old wilderness? No. The current system of devoted PK worlds are more than a decent substitute. Why limit yourself to a small region when you can kill almost anywhere?

PvP worlds with old drop system (you get what your opponent has)? How about that?

External press coverage:

Free Trade, Wilderness to Return to RuneScape? You Can Help Decide

Jagex Games Studio, developer of RuneScape, the world's most popular free-to-play MMORPG, today announced the launch of an unprecedented petition for players to decide whether to reintroduce unrestricted Free Trade and the Wilderness to RuneScape.

Jagex has launched the online petition <http://www.RuneScape.com/wilderness> to offer the RuneScape community the unique chance to directly influence and shape the future of the game as the studio gears up for RuneScape's 10th Anniversary celebrations in January 2011.

"We want to celebrate RuneScape's 10th anniversary by offering our loyal community the chance to decide, once and for all, the future of Free Trade and the Wilderness," said Christoph Vietzke, Head of RuneScape. "Never before has an MMO developer given their community the platform to decide on an update as game changing as this and we are confident that our players will make the right call whatever it may be. We will only make the changes if the community really supports it, so if you are in favour of bringing back the Wildy, pledge your support straightaway."

"When considering game changing decisions such as this we always hold our players' ultimate game experience firmly in mind," said Mark Gerhard, Jagex CEO. "We have released a host of new content which provides a comparable PvP experience to the old Wilderness and mechanics to allow increased trade limits with long term friends but we are still regularly told by players that they want more. We want to find out whether the passionate voices we hear on this topic are truly representative of entire community or just a vocal minority. If the vast majority of our players support of the campaign then we will restore these features to the game as quickly as possible."

Should the players vote in favour of the update, unrestricted trade will be reintroduced to the game granting all players the freedom to gift their wealth to their friends or trade items, without restrictions, with the wider RuneScape community. The Wilderness would also once again become the most dangerous area in RuneScape, where players fight to the death for wealth and glory. The Wilderness represents one of the most extreme risk-versus-reward combat systems of any MMO with players staking their armour, weapons and resources to defeat others and loot their remains. With numerous new features added to RuneScape over recent years including: summoning creatures, new curses, more powerful weaponry and armour, the new Wilderness would offer players even greater levels of variety and excitement to the fast paced, kill-or-be-killed environment.

The community petition, which will run until the 14th January 2011, is just the start of a series of celebration events and updates designed to mark RuneScape's 10th birthday and to thank the community for making RuneScape the global success story it is today. To find out more and to support of the campaign please visit: www.RuneScape.com/wilderness <http://www.RuneScape.com/wilderness> .

To create a free RuneScape account and begin your RuneScape adventure simply visit: www.RuneScape.com <http://www.RuneScape.com> .

Interesting poker-faced quotes from a couple of the Jagex wheels. But how could they have honestly constructed such a corruptible voting method?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Upon further inspection of the poll page, it seems very fake to me, I hope to god this is not some practical joke. However I guess by not having a link to the poll page on the main site that it requires us to prove even more how dedicated we are about this and spread the word around. I honestly have had this little desire for this day to come for the last 3 years, and if for some reason the majority votes no, I will surely be quitting. If the majority votes no, this just proves that most of the elder members have moved on and been replaced by naive players. Yea...so, vote yes...

You can't vote 'no'.

Yes, but if you read it, they will count all the people who didn't vote as a "No", which is not good at all...I'm scared

You do realize anyone can put anyone's account name down and click the vote button?

imevil.jpg

PvP worlds with old drop system (you get what your opponent has)? How about that?

That is what jagex will probably do.

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

The main thing that I'm in favor of this update for is to get the Wilderness (PVP) back on every world, and to kill CWA as much as is possible. That's what clanning needs to survive. If you hop into the clanning section of your favorite fansite you'll see hundreds of posts about how the clan world is 'dying', and most of that reason I believe to be the limited number of wilderness worlds available. With more worlds, it will be harder to track groups of people, making CWA and RSB clans viable in the wilderness. Sorry to all the questers and cluers out there, but you are the bottom of the food pyramid. Small teams of two or three people will show up to hunt you. Small clans will hunt those teams, and medium sized clans will hunt the smaller clans, and the powerhouses will look to gobble up the medium sized clans. So sorry, but you being in the wilderness is crucial to the wilderness's design. I know it sucks to be the smallest fish in the pond but that's how it is until you apply for a clan.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

Funny, that maybe Jagex uses a script in the name database the yes voters created and pick only active users out. They have got acces to other databases.

Anyway, it would be cool of Jagex if they really let the people choose ONE time.

From free trade and non free trade and wildy to no wildy were updates that made them lose loads of members, but in return they got a stable base.

People would now not get scammed and quit where if they didn't get scammed they would still play for maybe a year.

The old trading system and wildy were actually 2 things that made runescape very different.

Free trade

-Prices are stable

-New items that have actual vallue will immedietly be very expensive. (the seller doesn't have to wait for selling)

-You really see if there is a need for items, people needing items right now pay more but as soon as there are enough people offering you get a price drop, there is no delay.

Wildy

FUN!

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I don't care either way, but they better NOT remove anything that is existing at the moment. Otherwise, I would be really pissed off if the GE or wildy volcano just vanished...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

picns.jpg

Edit:

oldwildy.png

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

In the screenshot Gremmy provided of Mod Mark discussing it he says Chaotic items will be available by other means, I'm curious as to what these other means might be :unsure:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

In the screenshot Gremmy provided of Mod Mark discussing it he says Chaotic items will be available by other means, I'm curious as to what these other means might be :unsure:

Probably meant PvP armour sets and corrupt dragon stuff, since it has no relation to what he was saying.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!