Do we need a new toolkit?

RichardG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=I wouldn't say 'destroy.' On my 16" laptop screen, this is all I need:]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6913/342c.png

Oh my. Such a teeny tiny window to view the Runescape world with. So much wasted space

I play rs on fixed + safe mode on a 22" screen...

If you see my screen you would say "destroy"

check (warning 3MB pic):

click here to see it

Btw for the persons who want to know how I did that:

1) I am a member so no adds

2) I use a mac and auto-hide the bar at the bottem of the screen

3) I downloaded an addon to make my browser (safari) go to full screen and only show the tab bar, which also creates that the upper bar auto-hides.

Btw, the mini-map showing black is currently a bug from apple or runescape that occured with the new update for mac a month ago.

@pulli23 thanks for pointing that out, I changed it :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

[spoiler=I wouldn't say 'destroy.' On my 16" laptop screen, this is all I need:]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6913/342c.png

Oh my. Such a teeny tiny window to view the Runescape world with. So much wasted space

I play rs on fixed + safe mode on a 22" screen...

If you see my screen you would say "destroy"

check (warning 3MB pic):

Btw for the persons who want to know how I did that:

1) I am a member so no adds

2) I use a mac and auto-hide the bar at the bottem of the screen

3) I downloaded an addon to make my browser (safari) go to full screen and only show the tab bar, which also creates that the upper bar auto-hides.

Putting it in a spoiler doesn't reduce the load-time: spoilers are loaded as soon as the topic loads!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Hey it's the same case with me, my computer lags when I use resizable >.<

By the way I don't use toolkits of any kind, firefox + tabbing does the job.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Why would you want to play RS in full screen, just means you have to move the cursor a further distance to click lol

It looks nicer, and moving your cursor a further distance isn't so bad.

I don't really need full blown toolkits. Having Google Chrome and a few links up on the bookmarks bar, such as tip.it, rune wiki and runescape.com, as well as the 'Runescape for Chrome' extension in the corner pretty much covers all of my bases. If I want to ask something a bit more complicated, the Help & Advice forum is always there. I can't stand wasted screen space.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I used to use tip it micro but recently after every 20 secs "Unresponsive Script" used to come up, so tabs are all I have (<- firefox freak)

Addon: split browser

[hide]interface.png

[/hide]

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Im currently building my own custom toolkit. It's going quite well. I've taken time to deal with issues such as wasted screen space (there is none ^^). I've also went for a basic toolkit, I really hate it when they are packed with unused/unecessary features.

Visit my Toolscape blog

I would really want RSDemon to come back. That was IMO the best RS toolkit ever created. Nothing ever came close to it's perfection. The only decent tool I use now is runetracker, but that gives far from enough information.

Also the Tip.it microhelper is awesome. It needs an update though.

siggyanimatoin5dt.gif

--- Since januari/februari 2001 ---

The Grand Exchange Search Extension

Why would you want to play RS in full screen, just means you have to move the cursor a further distance to click lol

I don't really need full blown toolkits. Having Google Chrome and a few links up on the bookmarks bar, such as tip.it, rune wiki and runescape.com, as well as the 'Runescape for Chrome' extension in the corner pretty much covers all of my bases. If I want to ask something a bit more complicated, the Help & Advice forum is always there. I can't stand wasted screen space.

+ you can always increase mouse dpi or something...but I don't see the point in playing hd/fullscreen, the graphics are really not that great

I would assume many people don't use the current ones, why would another one be needed? Usually when I am playing runescape I have a tv show, facebook, forums, and movie running, if at most i can open another tab to learn about diff dg bosses i havent already encountered, I dont play full screen as often as it takes a while get used to, and I like doing other things other then full blown rs haha

Unless new helpful features are implemented into a new toolkit, then there is no need. The current ones offer extremely similar features; looking at the examples you've mentioned. When I play, I use SwiftKit simply because most of the tools are accessible in one handy interface. I find switching between numerous of tabs - moving away from the game screen - to be very tedious.

I find switching between numerous of tabs - moving away from the game screen - to be very tedious.

I use the SwifKit Mobile app on my phone to lookup stats, beastiery and items :P So I get the information I need without having to minimise the game window :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I used to have a swiftkit, but when I got a new computer, I no longer wanted to get it. Nowadays I play on fixed screen with max detail and tabs open to tip.it and RSwiki.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

+ you can always increase mouse dpi or something...but I don't see the point in playing hd/fullscreen, the graphics are really not that great

Eh, the graphics aren't that bad if you put everything to maximum. Anti-aliasing x4 does wonders. In any case, I think that resizeable looks nicer than fixed.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'm such an oldie. Using official RS client and playing with minimum specs. As a f2p player, I don't see a need for any other clients.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

To be honest, I use swiftkit and find it immensely useful. People say they can find all the same on tipit, but having your stats right next to you, and SK's new feature, the very useful Party Compare, to which you input all the names in your DG party, and it shows you the person with the highest stat in each skill. Good for skill doors!

Also, people mention using multiple different software types, but why do that when you can just dl SK?

Notepad built in, all skill guides linked (albeit to Zybez, a site considerably worse than tipit), irc, calcs, even little pop-out always on top pictures of the completed treasure trial puzzles.

Swiftkit forever. Not using it, imo, is just silly.

1979.png

Mymagerules.png

Dragon Riding Cult Leader?

To be honest, I use swiftkit and find it immensely useful. People say they can find all the same on tipit, but having your stats right next to you, and SK's new feature, the very useful Party Compare, to which you input all the names in your DG party, and it shows you the person with the highest stat in each skill. Good for skill doors!

Also, people mention using multiple different software types, but why do that when you can just dl SK?

Notepad built in, all skill guides linked (albeit to Zybez, a site considerably worse than tipit), irc, calcs, even little pop-out always on top pictures of the completed treasure trial puzzles.

Swiftkit forever. Not using it, imo, is just silly.

Because there is software that does it better.