Wilderness and Free Trade will return - 17 January 2011

Noobzy

Do you want ice cream?

YES

NO

DON'T CARE

About ice cream: Ice cream comes in many flavors and is delicious. Ice cream is awesome. By voting yes, you have unlimited ice cream

But wait, we're not gonna mention that ice cream have high saturated fat and cholesterol levels and directly cause heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.

You can imagine the outcome of the poll I just described. That is just the fairest poll ever. And now just one day after the poll closes we're announcing that ice cream is to everyone in 2 weeks. Make sure to grab those "I bought back ice cream!" back T-shirts.

Nowhere does the referendum, poll, any wildy/trade adverstisements, and now this thread mention that RWT'ers, botters, and scammers, WHY free trade and wild was removed in the 1st place. We got those explanations back in 2007. Now we get nothing. Nothing even in the FAQ about how Jagex is going to deal with the initial problem - rwting and cheating. In the past year botting have become worse than ever before. (it's very simple to see...go to every world Varrock Aubury. Tell me what you see there. )

Personally, between the first botted petition, the 2nd terribly biased poll, the 'vote now!' banner everywhere, the "I bought back wildy" T-shirts, and now official forum threads that does yet more PR, I've seen ENOUGH PR for wild/free trade. There are at least 7% of the rs population (84,000) who were not influenced by the terribly biased poll (and much higher here on tip.it) and are forced to live with it. I really don't need (or want) people telling me how great free trade is. I've lived through it and I know, but I've also lived through hoardes of gold farmers at every resource spot. All I want now is just an answer from Jagex on how exactly did they manage to solve the whole RWT/cheating problem. Enough with the PR. Jagex needs to be candid now and just tell us openly how they're going to work with the gigantic can of worms they re-opened.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't necessarily be more bots after free trade is out. Most of the bots used to day is open source and free of charge to use, therefore it has made it easier for those who wants to bot, to bot.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Was it necessary to make another thread instead of posting in numerous other ones with people with similar opinions.

No one would read it if it was just jumbled up with the rest.

Why is what he has to say more important than what others have to say?

Stupid bots. I made a thread on RSOF complaining about the lack of "report button" response urgency. Tbh, I think p2p dollars > player satisfaction

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I've merged these two topics. You may think what you have to say is more important than anybody else's view but it isn't, so don't make new topics for things that are already here.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!!!!

I used to be addicted to RuneScape, I'd play for hours everyday for years....then Free Trade and Wildy was taken and I struggled to continue for a year or so then finally quit. I thought that for me at least, Runescape was ruined forever. I haven't actively played Runescape since about 2008, and for some strange reason I thought I'd just look at the website for a second.....and I saw.....

IT'S COMING BACK!!!! I would've NEVER dreamed this day to come. I remember the hundreds and hundreds of times it was begged and pleaded and Jagex always stood firm that NO it would NEVER be returned to normal. Heck, I'm so excited!

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I used to be addicted to RuneScape, I'd play for hours everyday for years....then Free Trade and Wildy was taken and I struggled to continue for a year or so then finally quit. I thought that for me at least, Runescape was ruined forever. I haven't actively played Runescape since about 2008, and for some strange reason I thought I'd just look at the website for a second.....and I saw.....

IT'S COMING BACK!!!! I would've NEVER dreamed this day to come. I remember the hundreds and hundreds of times it was begged and pleaded and Jagex always stood firm that NO it would NEVER be returned to normal. Heck, I'm so excited!

I remember you!!

Staurolite.png

I remember you!!

Really??? I thought for sure NOBODY would remember me. Glad to see somebody goes. :P

Well, I remember your sig. Does that count? Anyways, welcome back! I'm really excited to see the good old wilderness and free trade back too.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I'm looking forward to years of no whining about free trade and wilderness, but that's just too good to be true

Instead people will whine about getting a measly (but consistent) 300k loot when PKing, instead of a 19m VLS and 5m ancient statuette. :rolleyes:

td2sig.jpg

Well if they want that they can go to the dungeon like everybody else

It's just that it'll end up being devalued what with revenants losing their freezing powers and such

Not really. If anything, it'll become more expensive. That area will be swamped by PKers, so you'll have PKers freezing you and TBing you while speccing you with DDS's, while the while Revs smack you with 200+ hits.

td2sig.jpg

I remember you!!

I do too. I think you wrote a Tip.it article or maybe even were in the Editorial team? Anyway, that's exactly what Jagex said. They thought they were so right about it... Pfft! the costumer is always right. :P

Well if they want that they can go to the dungeon like everybody else

It's just that it'll end up being devalued what with revenants losing their freezing powers and such

Not really. If anything, it'll become more expensive. That area will be swamped by PKers, so you'll have PKers freezing you and TBing you while speccing you with DDS's, while the while Revs smack you with 200+ hits.

It will become a turf war. Strongest clan gets to control the dungeon! Fun mini-game tbh. :mrgreen: Btw, why hasn't Jagex made a mini-game like Turf War from GTA IV?

Merged additional topics to this thread again. Guys, keep the Wilderness talk on ONE THREAD please.

i think we are all forgetting about one thing that will be coming back with the wild, thats right the very anoying "share i tb'ed" :wall:

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?