Wilderness and Free Trade will return - 17 January 2011

Noobzy

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so will gravestones become lootable outside of the wildy as well? Eek

Yep, and this might start a whole new batch of luring. People will bring noobs to bosses and get them killed, looting all their crap.

Live to learn. Or was it learn to live? :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply ^_^ hmmm, I don't normally die, but when I do it's only because of my connection. Before dying at ice trolls doing an elite clue when I disconnected, the previous death before that was when desert treasure was out and I died from the bat guy in the Mort Myre swamp area, although I was a lot lower combat back then anyway. Hopefully I won't have any troubles :-D

2vuhgcn.png

Will you add any safe worlds for non-pkers to use without fear of being killed?

No. Its the wilderness, its not meant to be safe.

As much as I like Safe PvP, I like this desision. :shades:

Popoto.~<3

I really want to understand about the quests now >.> Does this mean that they'll instance the areas? Because don't forget the whole Spirit of Summer and Summers End is based around places in the wildy and then there's Temple where you have to run through level 55 wildy.... How're they gona make it so that questers aren't risked is what I wana know.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

God, so many cowards regarding the lootable graves. Hell at least you have graves, back then when you died you lost it all, and maybe, MAYBE if you were lucky a nice person would loot and give the items back.

Someone on RSOF saying we have 11 days left to boss, LOL.

I started bossing at 70cmb, I've soloed all but Zamorak GWD (and Nex obv), soloed all Dk bosses and have gotten every drop them... Number of times I've died? 0. Funny part is that I'm terrible at Jad, always die.

I'm not sure if I agree with the gravestone mechanics, but I can probably live with it eventually. I'm also a little intrigued as to the exact specifications of quests and quest rewards in the wilderness.

But almost not choosing to do anything with Distractions and Diversions? For starters, that just means a little more trouble doing stars and clues maybe. But more importantly (to me at least), that probably means no more penguin trapping and tracking in the wild for me...as pkers will probably swarm a penguin and attempt to hurt those that are hunting wilderness penguins for free kills, especially on World 60.

Yes, I know the Wild is supposed to be dangerous. But that doesn't mean you can't stop me from not liking it.

Jagex, I am EXTREMELY dissapointed.

:x

/rage

I'm probably just acting silly, being a penguin addict and all... <_<

siggy.png

Quest cape first achieved September 20, 2010

534/534 Tasks completed. Taskmaster first achieved June 23, 2012

I'm not sure if I agree with the gravestone mechanics, but I can probably live with it eventually. I'm also a little intrigued as to the exact specifications of quests and quest rewards in the wilderness.

But almost not choosing to do anything with Distractions and Diversions? For starters, that just means a little more trouble doing stars and clues maybe. But more importantly (to me at least), that probably means no more penguin trapping and tracking in the wild for me...as pkers will probably swarm a penguin and attempt to hurt those that are hunting wilderness penguins for free kills, especially on World 60.

Yes, I know the Wild is supposed to be dangerous. But that doesn't mean you can't stop me from not liking it.

Jagex, I am EXTREMELY dissapointed.

:x

/rage

I'm probably just acting silly, being a penguin addict and all... <_<

You know, not every person out in the wilderness is going to be a raging foaming-at-the-mouth lunatic. There's nothing stopping you and your penguin team from defending the area and securing the penguin for yourselves. However, once people learn to only take 3 items ( or 4+protect item) of value, it won't really mean much difference considering you don't require any items to spy on a penguin. Even if the penguin were defended by a group of pkers, as long as you get within line of sight and click on the penguin once, you're done and finished with that portion of the D&D anyway. Don't forget that if they kill you, and you only have 3 items on you, they don't actually get any drop (unlike in the pvp era) so it's a waste of their time to attack you. To be honest, the only really useful part of the penguin D&D to pkers will probably only be to catch the guy who was too lazy to bank his items. Even then, it'll probably be the penguin hunters who turn on each other in that case.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

No. Its the wilderness, its not meant to be safe.

Will we able to use extreme potions in the Wilderness?

No. However, a player with an extreme boost who enters the wilderness will have the boost reduced to super level.

Umm oookay....gf to the people who trained herblore, AGAIN. If it's supposed to be so dangerous then why neuter pkers? Why not encourage people to train for the advantage they want. /99 herb rage

Revenants will have all PvP unique drops such as brawlers, corrupt dragon and statues added to them.

Are you effing kidding me? The whole point of bringing back old wildy was to get rid of this failed mechanic of inflation...why bother keeping it if they are restoring the thing it was supposed to simulate?! :wall:

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

But more importantly (to me at least), that probably means no more penguin trapping and tracking in the wild for me...as pkers will probably swarm a penguin and attempt to hurt those that are hunting wilderness penguins for free kills, especially on World 60.

Penguin hunters should carry something poison on them, that should dissuade pkers. Can you imagine if they tried to attack one hunter, then everyone took turns DDSing and poison darting them. :thumbsup: That would probably put a stop to griefing.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

But more importantly (to me at least), that probably means no more penguin trapping and tracking in the wild for me...as pkers will probably swarm a penguin and attempt to hurt those that are hunting wilderness penguins for free kills, especially on World 60.

Penguin hunters should carry something poison on them, that should dissuade pkers. Can you imagine if they tried to attack one hunter, then everyone took turns DDSing and poison darting them. :thumbsup: That would probably put a stop to griefing.

only if it's in multicombat :P

anyways w60 penguins already had revenant hunters during the early hours after a penguin reset.

I'd imagine that similar logic would hold.

A few PKers can't hold against an organized team.

Of course, a team of W60 wildy guardians probably wouldn't hold against a dedicated PKing clan, should they decide to crash penguins a certain week of the year.

Bottom line is you don't need to risk anything to hunt wildy pengs.

I still see people penguin hunting.

A few dedicated W60ers would guard the penguin from PKers during a few active hours.

and then the wildy penguins become free pickings for PKers for the rest of the week and during inactive hours.

Naaxi.png

I didn't see the statuette part until it was pointed out. -.-

Was one of the things I was looking forward to seeing removed with this.

Guess it all depends on how many people will hunt these revs and how common the statuettes are.

This. Also have a couple of dclawers potted and coordinate through the peng cc, and you can inflict some ko's on the gullible pk'ers. If it turns out people would actually hunt down peng trappers, I'll also bring runes for one vengeance cast, just to drain their foodpile some more.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Guess it all depends on how many people will hunt these revs and how common the statuettes are.

I doubt it'll be that bad, hunting revs will be too risky to camp for long periods of time.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Statuettes need to go.

They are "gone" in that you can't win them by gaming the 76k rule. Now, they're drops for Revenants, making killing Revenants a practical activity. In addition, this prevents such items from turning into "rares".

Personal opinion on the FAQ:

- Lootable gravestones: Kind of on the fence here. I like that it makes boss hunting dangerous, however it will encourage negative activity like luring (not at DK's or Wilderness tactic, I'm talking the scam type). However, Jagex does pretty warn you even if you enter dangerous areas, so I lean more toward this being a good idea.

- Item drops visible in wild: GOOD IDEA. Kind of sucks for rangers, but then you could kill the guy looting your arrows, right?

- Cash drop for non-tradeables in wilderness: AWESOME IDEA. This was an old suggestion, and I assume the drop is the high alchemy value. This idea should work outside the wilderness wrt lootable graves now.

- Remove PvP worlds: HORRIBLE IDEA. Jagex should keep one or two worlds like this.

- Moving Revenants: BAD IDEA. Jagex could have just made it to where Revenants don't attack skulled players. This will keep even the Wilderness a bit more dangerous in off peak or underused wildernesses.

- No item protect Wilderness servers: Good Idea. I hope there are a lot of these servers. Would have preferred it only applied to those skulled in the Wilderness, but still a fair trade.

- Extreme/Overloads: Still think it's a bad idea. Jagex just needs to revamp herblore and make it a support combat skill. It's easy to do by adding in lower level untradeable combat potions to justify it.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I find it incredible that they are moving all their unpopular, crap-assed minigames to a hole in Falador and leaving the penguins out in the Wild.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Gravestones

"If you were killed by monster, the drop appears for everyone immediately."

*Chuckles* lulz!

"If a player doesnt return to their gravestone and it crumbles away, all players will be able to pick up the loot."

No more Mr.s/Mr. nice guy to bless graves? :( It okay, I blessed graves 100% when I have Prayer/Prayer Pot.

A lot of people will now loot crumbled graves :P

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

What I don't get is the "items dropped manually in wildy will be immediately visible", what's the point of this? To stop people from looting all the goodies?

It is to stop people from manually dropping their items when they're going to die for sure, just to spite the person who's killing them. I guess.

Exactly that, dropping items they'd otherwise lose (or protect over other items) so they can often run back and pick them back up when they die.

I'll miss this.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

The games necklace will have a teleport option that will take you into the first cave if you have completed Summers End.

GF CORP/DIV/ELY

EASY SOLOING

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I doubt it'll be that bad, hunting revs will be too risky to camp for long periods of time.

But if its profitable, then someone will make a bot to do it. Free loot for pkers :)

pere_grin.png

If jagex want to make dieing dangerous they could've removed graves and made the items unlootable. All this does is discourage teaming and encourage [bleep]ery.

No.

They could have come up with something better then "Gamers Grotto". :P

Sounds like a Falador version of the games room.

It sounds like an infection that affects the groin when one sits for too long in a computer chair.

"What's that anti-bacterial cream for?"

"I've got a bad case of gamer's grotto"

"Eww, gross."

I think you are allowed to take, extremes & overloads there. Just your stats are capped to the boosts that super's give you.

Yep. Which makes it useless to bring them, as you'd be wasting a lot of money when you could just take supers.

Yep, and this might start a whole new batch of luring. People will bring noobs to bosses and get them killed, looting all their crap.

Boss luring existed before the trade updates. Really, if anything it's still going to be harder to lure/scam than it was before the trade restrictions, how quickly people forget what once was.

Umm oookay....gf to the people who trained herblore, AGAIN. If it's supposed to be so dangerous then why neuter pkers? Why not encourage people to train for the advantage they want. /99 herb rage

What made you think Jagex would suddenly enable overloads for PvP? GF critical thinking.

Seems like most of the changes Jagex are making are catering to griefers, whether that was Jagex's intention or not. :mellow:

Most updates that cater to pvp generally have some form of benefit to griefers. IT comes with the territory.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The games necklace will have a teleport option that will take you into the first cave if you have completed Summers End.

GF CORP/DIV/ELY

EASY SOLOING

Actually I would think it will be the other way around.

No grave = Dropped Items Visible to everyone?

Meaning if you die at corp (which would be relatively common) instead of being able to run back and pick up your items before the item vanish timer is up, ANYONE could pick up your items immediately. This would make corp more expensive to kill because if you die you lose anything valuable that isn't non-tradeable due to looters. Unless the new grave system doesn't apply to corp that is, and you are given a 60 second grace period. Unless they say otherwise though, I would assume corp death = same mechanics as no grave.