Wilderness and Free Trade will return - 17 January 2011

Noobzy

Dunno if this has been posted in here yet, but for those who are interested:

QFC: 254,255,55,62204744

Mod Hohbein on FT and WIlderness.

GF grave blessing. Now nobody will bless graves anymore. :P

That is exactly what I thought.

Although I could see burstinglobs institute a rule about looting, namely looters get banned from cc and blacklisted for dp's and blesses.

Most other places, if you have the max gravestone and sw spawn point, you should be able to make it back to where you were.

EDIT: @bedman they said revs would be in a Pvp enabled area. So when someone comes out with a Rev bot, we could always just go kill the bot for pro loot :)

pere_grin.png

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely idiotic by Jagex >.<

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Wait... so dropped items will be immediately visible?? What about "juggling" items...? Fail.

And grave loot will be visible when the timer runs out??

Seriously hope these 2 things get changed.

Gonna be a [cabbage] load of angry people dying at bosses because no one will bless... will lead to no one bringing good items to bosses anymore. I typically risk around 50m when bossing... it's a risk I accept when I solo, but with this setup we will be right back to where we were - trying to kill your own teammates at bosses. Think back to the days of dag king luring... bet that starts again the first day trade is back.

Disappointed yet again. Seriously, lootable gravestones?

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Wait... so dropped items will be immediately visible?? What about "juggling" items...? Fail.

And grave loot will be visible when the timer runs out??

Yep. Monster hunting gonna be a war now :-) Only MH with people you really trust or they'll be taking your juggled drops (think this only applies to wildy though) and letting you die and not bless.

Well - call me a "sucker", but I'd surely bless the graves of friends ...

Random people who call me "noob" and tell me to "gtfo" -- not likely. :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Well - call me a "sucker", but I'd surely bless the graves of friends ...

Random people who call me "noob" and tell me to "gtfo" -- not likely. :unsure:

Friends and clanmates? Yes. Rondomers who try to crsh me and die? Free loot? ;D

Adding some risk to mh'ing is bad? :thumbdown:

Will we able to use extreme potions in the Wilderness?

No. However, a player with an “extreme” boost who enters the wilderness will have the boost reduced to “super” level. This duplicates the current function on PvP worlds.

:thumbup:

Will I have to walk through the Wilderness to get to the lair of the Corporeal Beast?

No. The necklace of gaming will have a teleport option that will take you into the first cave if you have completed Summer’s End. If you’re feeling brave, you’re very welcome to walk there of course.

:thumbup:

Will you add any “safe” worlds for non-pkers to use without fear of being killed?

No. It’s the Wilderness, it’ll be an unforgiving and dangerous place for all. Be careful out there!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Why is it so important that it be called a publicity stunt?

IMO, if that's the case, then good on JaGex for being smart and trying to make as much money as possible.

Look at this this way, they make money, the players are happy, a win-win situation. Why all the hate? Is it that there's nothing else to hate on so you guys resort to calling them "liars" and this whole thing a "publicity stunt"?

Why is it so important for you not to call it what it is? If it makes you happy then go with it. Hell, buy yourself a T-shirt, to remind yourself how YOU brought the Wilderness back. But where were you three years ago when we really needed you?

Ok, but you're saying a publicity stunt is a bad thing, while I don't exactly think so.

Publicity stunts aren't a bad thing, it's just that if this particular case is purely a publicity stunt, they've mistreated the democratic process. You should never assume the results of a referendum before the referendum is held. It strikes a nerve with a lot of people, me included.

It happens al the time though.

IE: our parlemaint made already very thorough plans to help the navo teaching police man in kunduz.. Yet it still has to be voted for!

You CANT wait till after a vote often, and you'll have to prepare anyways.

I'm not talking about plans, I'm talking about enacting the entire process, it's more like parliament already having hired the necessary people. The work was nearly already done and the money already spent, and then asking us if it should be done when it already has. That's what's wrong.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

So for corp (don't think this was clarified) - your lost items are instantly visible? Lol.

or maybe not for 30 seconds-1min (like if you drop a coin, it takes 30 sec or so for someone else to see it ). Remember this dropping = visible is only in wildy.

So for corp (don't think this was clarified) - your lost items are instantly visible? Lol.

That's the way it seems.

I disagree with almost all of the decisions Jagex has made regarding this, except for a Rev Dungeon to get PvP items. Lootable graves will really hurt MHing. TDs will become a lot more irritating now, too, since there will no doubt be a whole new horde of [wagon] who go there just to try to get people killed. And DKs... Oh lordy.

td2sig.jpg

Okay. I see now that they only said immediately visible dropped items for the wilderness.

Guess corp remains to be seen - good chance it'll give you a minute like before though. I hope, anyway.

But really, gravestones should never be lootable. I know we all survived with lootable deaths before, but the game has a changed a lot. Lots of valuable items now... People will end up losing their chaotics due to people that don't bless because they want to loot some dragon boots and verac helms.

Okay. I see now that they only said immediately visible dropped items for the wilderness.

Guess corp remains to be seen - good chance it'll give you a minute like before though. I hope, anyway.

But really, gravestones should never be lootable. I know we all survived with lootable deaths before, but the game has a changed a lot. Lots of valuable items now... People will end up losing their chaotics due to people that don't bless because they want to loot some dragon boots and verac helms.

This.

td2sig.jpg

Monsterhunterhunting anyone? :thumbsup: Getting 40kc and waiting outside boos room to some soloer to die and snatch their items.

No seriously that is a really bad decission and I hope they will change it before the thing goes online. Runescape has changed too much in these 3 years for lootable grave stones. :mellow:

Sephy.png

There will be a spike of people acting like asses to get others killed when the update comes out, but eventually it will go back to how it was pre-07. Those who want to help will help, and those who want free stuff will wait and see if you don't make it back in time. This system is still more lenient because it offers you the chance of not only getting back in time, but that some stranger might walk by while said player is camping your grave and bless it. Do you think someone who isn't going to bless your chaotic-filled grave now was going to bless your grave before? Unlikely. This isn't going to change behavior from how it was in 2007, Runescape will always have that proportion of players.

We're not in Kindergarten anymore, folks, we're going back to the days where death didn't include an immediate expectation that your items would be safe until you returned, and people actually didn't risk what they couldn't afford to lose.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I agree, lucky 6 minute gravestones is a large enough amount of time to get to most places. I still don't like the idea that there will be very few gravestones blessed now though.

Also you can attack any place in the wilderness even if they are atttacking a monster? Does that mean we will see pking of green dragon autoers lol?

jpegsigtest.jpg

No seriously that is a really bad decission and I hope they will change it before the thing goes online. Runescape has changed too much in these 3 years for lootable grave stones. :mellow:

How has it changed? And how would that even be relevant?