Wilderness and Free Trade will return - 17 January 2011

Noobzy

MMG personally said in his clan chat the ENTIRE runescape team would work on it to get it out as fast as humanly possible. Common sense is not the best sense.

Yeah but common sense is more believable and usually truer than anything MMG says, also just because they have the entire team on it now does not mean they weren't working on it before. :roll: .

Your common sense is an uninformed opinion. They aren't writing any new content in, all they're doing is altering and moving.

Why would they waste time working on it before they even know if people want it back?

yes.png

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have won. Runescape will finally return and Ruinedscape will come to an end. All is well.

I may have missed something here. If you won then someone lost. Who lost? Lol.

7% of voters lost. However even if all 84k (1.2mil x .07, which is the approximate number of no voters) "no" voters quit runescape for good, well more then 84k old players will join again.

So nothing of value was lost for the rest of us.

I wasn't aware that it was a competition lol.

Also, what you say makes little to no sense. Assuming all 84k players quit, saying that many old players will re-join is just a massively unrealistic guess.

Sylpheed.png

Whatever, if you really think they started on Friday then think that. I for one would hope they have spent more time planning and executing it than the 15 you say. It takes them months for the smallest of updates. This Update is massive even if they have the code already, since it effects quests, bosses, items, combat, relocation then there is free trade on top of it. The QA alone for it would be a huge undertaking and they usually give themselves 7 days for the standard updates. I guess we will have to wait and see if there are any updates in Febs BTS.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Stop it. It can't be done in 15 days. You know that, and you need to face up to it and accept that Jagex can lie and deceive.

With a team of hundreds of content developers? It can be done in 15 days.

@ Riemis

1. Over 100 developers working on it.

2. They have lots of the code

3. What are your credentials in saying it can't be?

They don't have over 100 developers working on it, I don't even know if they have that many developers at all. I know they have so many employees but a lot won't be content devs.

The code is probably going to need to be changed quite a lot, though the basics might be the same the intricacies are what will have bogged down the coding.

And the credentials are in common sense. It's utterly ridiculous to suggest that Jagex have got this content ready in the past few weeks when it famously takes them just as long for simply tiny bug fixes.

Most of the code is already there. Any decent programmer knows you never throw code away like that. They already have all the coding for the free trade and old style pvp. Yeah, the game coding will change alot, simply because when you select large sections of code, and copypasta different code on top, the code changes :ohnoes:. Takes about ~30secs per copypasta.

They are not going to be manually re-writing free trade and the Wilderness back into the game. That would take far far longer, and if they did this, we might ever get the old knife trick back.

pere_grin.png

Tbh another thing I'm thinking of is what else will they have in store for feb? :???: Don't forget the thing that's on many people's minds is Ritual of the Majharrat(sp?) and with everyone assuming something to do with the wildy as the ritual location is in the north.... Kinda a massive hit to the face for questers if it's so? :wall:

Feb 1st:

Jagex: Right here's wildy and free trade back now.... Have fun!

Feb 8th:

Jagex: Here's RotM and yes the area is in the wildy and along with X monsters and X level 200's to kill you'll have to contend with PKers for the extra thrill and to get people used to the change again.

But to be honest that could be very far from the truth I'm just speculating....

What I'd assume is that seeing as they've pulled all content people into this by the sound of the posts that the rest of the content for Feb and onwards will be really sub par for a bit until at least June, because this will be a constant process. They may have been messing around with code; yet today is the perfect example that something SMALL can have a BIG effect on the game - No one could log in for 10-15 mins due to a lousy wolf. So what will it be like with a MASSIVE update? Knowing Jagex it'll be a cataclysmic [rooster] up.

Personally not looking forward to the update when it could be spent creating much better content. Meh. I'll find an essay to do, or book to read.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

We have won. Runescape will finally return and Ruinedscape will come to an end. All is well.

The naysayers, those who hate runescape. Those who said "no", when we said "Yes We Can".

NormaIize.png

The naysayers, those who hate runescape. Those who said "no", when we said "Yes We Can".

pls don't bring failbama into this :shame:

He's an 07 prod, he uses quotes from movies and famous people as if it was creative or cool.

On topic, I can't wait to get back to duelling.

He's an 07 prod, he uses quotes from movies and famous people as if it was creative or cool.

Good one, I started playing in 05 genius.

NormaIize.png

Since you apparently won from me, grats! :wink:

(your last post would have been more epic if you had left out 'those who hate runescape'... :roll:)

I'm calling shenanigans from Jagex part, the whole petition/poll/etc was a hoax and free publicity stunt. A rather good one.

An issue i've just thought of is that if I go to the GE, how do I know what to pay for items? I'f there's no maximum or minimum prices? Things could get messy.

Also, how would coinshare fit into the above system?

You'll have to do it the old fashion way, cruise the forums and check the going rate for whatever you want to buy. Head to World 2 Fally Park to see if you can snipe a good deal or head over the Grand Exchange if you don't want to world hop. I'm excited to not be able to buy items immediately and for player interaction to finally return to this game!

Yup, standing around world 2 Fally for hours on end trying to make yourself seen through the hordes of autotalkers sure is fun! /sarcasm.

So then pay the extra money and use the GE.

I believe the GE will still have "recommended" prices that will flucuate, it will just be much more fluid in its shifts. I just wonder if the GE will update every day like it does now...either way, I don't think it will affect prices *too* much, prices will shift around and then settle at equilibrium prices. Of course, I cant wait to see all the rich junk traders lose half their worth when junk items tank to practically nothing XP

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

In 2001 there was a poll taken wether or not pking all over the Runescape world should cease to exist and something named the wilderness should be implemented instead.

The wilderness won and it only took about a month before it was put into the game as far as I remember. Back than they had a crew of maybe 10 people so whoever says it can't be done in 15 days with the resources they have now doesn't know what they are talking about.

When the wilderness was implemented it took up like 30% of the existing Runescape world btw.

But lets not take Jagex for idiots. Everybody knows that when a poll comes for change that the majority will vote FOR the change out of sheer curiosity.

Imagine Jagex writing a few months ago in a newsletter that they are working on bringing the Wilderness and free trade back, without having a poll.

People in these forums and everywhere else would have their panties tied up in a bunch and go berserk over it, calling Jagex more idiotic stuff than they already do so if they in reality already were working on the update it was a very clever move to have a poll.

You can't say the poll was rigged, because it probably wasn't and there is no proof it was. But any fool could tell you that the vote would swing in favour of change.

As you may or may not have noticed, I'm playing the devils advocate here.

I believe the GE will still have "recommended" prices that will flucuate, it will just be much more fluid in its shifts. I just wonder if the GE will update every day like it does now...either way, I don't think it will affect prices *too* much, prices will shift around and then settle at equilibrium prices. Of course, I cant wait to see all the rich junk traders lose half their worth when junk items tank to practically nothing XP

Yes, it will have recommended prices, but no set prices. So if that guy doesn't want to sit around W2 trying to buy a whip for 2M, he can go to GE and put an offer in for 2.3M or however much higher than the recommended price that ensures he gets it fast

yes.png

I hope the buy and sell limits are removed. I'm trying to purchase many of one particular item i'm collecting, but with a limit of only 100 every 4 hours, it would take me years to buy the amount I want at this rate <.<

2vuhgcn.png

That doesn't change anything about your attitude...

A bit more on topic: I might know someone who quit playing that would give me his santa :D

Doesn't make you any less of a troll.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

And you're trying to state opinion as fact. I don't think two years of game experience is enough for you to classify a person as one who hates Runescape(unless they say so of course)

Anyone curious to what new staking builds will come about from the new content? I've personally thought of a 75/50/1 for zamorak gs spec, back up and use dragon halberd.