Wilderness and Free Trade will return - 17 January 2011

Noobzy

I hope the buy and sell limits are removed. I'm trying to purchase many of one particular item i'm collecting, but with a limit of only 100 every 4 hours, it would take me years to buy the amount I want at this rate <.<

Why? Just buy them from other people. Of course, you MAY have to charge a little higher than the GE prices, but nothing is stopping you from hiring 30 people to buy them for you at cost +10%. OMG, it'll be like the return of real merchanting where those that need large bulk depend on people willing to collect items in bulk, or to utilize middlemen to obtain a final result.

Basically, keep the buying limits on amounts in the GE, but remove cost and any selling limits (if those ever existed). If you need to go outside those limits, use other players via free trade. Now that I think about it, with free trade, Jagex could make the GE more restrictive and even add a 2% sales tax. Thanks for the idea Triquos. I'm gonna visit the suggestion subforum on RSOF now.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the buy and sell limits are removed. I'm trying to purchase many of one particular item i'm collecting, but with a limit of only 100 every 4 hours, it would take me years to buy the amount I want at this rate <.<

Why? Just buy them from other people. Of course, you MAY have to charge a little higher than the GE prices, but nothing is stopping you from hiring 30 people to buy them for you at cost +10%. OMG, it'll be like the return of real merchanting where those that need large bulk depend on people willing to collect items in bulk, or to utilize middlemen to obtain a final result.

Basically, keep the buying limits on amounts in the GE, but remove cost and any selling limits (if those ever existed). If you need to go outside those limits, use other players via free trade. Now that I think about it, with free trade, Jagex could make the GE more restrictive and even add a 2% sales tax. Thanks for the idea Triquos. I'm gonna visit the suggestion subforum on RSOF now.

TBH.... The limit on plates is stupid. It took me a 4 days to get the Iron plates I needed for making my Iron titans, and that included getting 2 other friends to help me. Personally think that limit should be scrapped or increaed. However things like runes etc do need a limit to prevent being bought out.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

What happens to all my banked brawlers =(

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

I've got 50 pairs banked, they better not disappear lol.

Either way this is semi exciting, more incentive to actually hybrid and not edge pk.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Tbh, knowing Jagex, they're just going to give you 30k per brawler. No way are you going to use them in the wildy, that's too risk-free given the amount of worlds there are.

Unless there's some other alternative.

Clues will be done in quick chat world, mark my word!

Pkers like gloating too much when they kill someone to waste their time in those worlds. On the other hand, pkers are also known to let their emotions run amok that results in some form of muting...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I just wanna ask if ANYONE here knows ANYTHING about coding and game development? I facepalmed multiple times reading this thread. :|

Yep, and I know "adding/removing a few lines of code here and there" is never as easy as some people here want to believe it is.

TBH.... The limit on plates is stupid. It took me a 4 days to get the Iron plates I needed for making my Iron titans, and that included getting 2 other friends to help me. Personally think that limit should be scrapped or increaed. However things like runes etc do need a limit to prevent being bought out.

However, now there won't be trade limits between players. That'll encourage some players to gather large amounts from many players ie take time out of their life to gather items in small amounts. They will then sell to you at a larger price, but in larger amounts saving you the time they invested. How much their time spent and your time saved is worth is then being negotiated. Positive merchanting if you will.

The above was not possible with trade limits.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

My friend will be happy. borrowed his Guthix set in 2007 and iddnt return it in time. He'll be getting that back first thing Feb 1st.

+a friend is quitting so we'll see if he gives me anything :3

Popoto.~<3

wonder how long until people start to say

"actualy i preffered old way of pvp"

instantly.

"arrghh?! i killd him n he droped oly rune?! whs my curupt draon!"

the anoying thing is, people will say stuff like this.

F2P pking will actually become less rewarding, since you usually got most of the items your opponent was wearing anyway, in addition to the chance of corrupt dragon. P2P, however, will become vastly more rewarding. No more killing someone in full ahrims + a whip and getting a seren statuette and a bunch of taters.

td2sig.jpg

However, now there won't be trade limits between players. That'll encourage some players to gather large amounts from many players ie take time out of their life to gather items in small amounts. They will then sell to you at a larger price, but in larger amounts saving you the time they invested. How much their time spent and your time saved is worth is then being negotiated. Positive merchanting if you will.

What reason is there for limits in "free" trade?

So what if the rich can manipulate the market, If I had a bank worth 50bil, why shouldnt I be allowed to buy 5mil dragon bones if I wanted?

Because it makes it less free for other people.

Same reason why there are market limits similar to RS ones in real life. I don't think any Western nation has a true laissez-faire economy. (I believe Japan was the only one the world? And look at the inflation there.)

Yep, and I know "adding/removing a few lines of code here and there" is never as easy as some people here want to believe it is.

It's still a thousand times faster than creating new content from scratch, moreso in a modular programming language like java.

True, I won't deny that. It's just not AS straight forward as some believed it to be.

I read an interesting article last spring Japan economists were meeting with other economists around the world to discuss what could be done to keep Japan's currency as high as it is. The problem was, the Yen was becoming too strong against other currencies, and it risked destabilizing Japan's entire economy. Japan was actually worried it's currency would become worth too much.

pere_grin.png

So what if the rich can manipulate the market, If I had a bank worth 50bil, why shouldnt I be allowed to buy 5mil dragon bones if I wanted?

Because it makes it less free for other people.

Same reason why there are market limits similar to RS ones in real life. I don't think any Western nation has a true laissez-faire economy. (I believe Japan was the only one the world? And look at the inflation there.)

In runescape at least the price wouldnt be inflation, it would be the true price of the materials. See the problem with rs is, is that the super rich have all their money stored in rares which keeps the prices of non rare goods relatively low. Say there were no discontinued items or ridiculously rare items like 3rd age or Torva/Divines, the uber rich players would be storing their wealth in regular items raising the price of them as they hold a large portion of the supply.

Who does it hurt? Theoretically the skiller but at the same time inflated prices are also a good thing, such as how dragon bones are today. They may be 5k each now when they used to be only 2k each years ago however their increased price only negatively affects the player training prayer, while providing a pretty easy and profitable money maker for the dragon killer. If it was like this across the board skilling might actually be profitable.

Of course another player can call that "inflation"

I have to disagree with your first point. I think you are assuming that because the extremely wealthy are not buying out non-rare items, they have a low price close to their "true value". While it might be a factor, it's definitely not the only one. Because those wealthy players aren't buying it out, it does lower the demand, but I don't think the demand they exert over markets such as logs, fish, or even stuff like GWD armor (outside of Zaros armor) is very high compared to the demand exerted by the masses. It's just simply too hard to control a market when the trade volume is high.

instantly.

F2P pking will actually become less rewarding, since you usually got most of the items your opponent was wearing anyway, in addition to the chance of corrupt dragon. P2P, however, will become vastly more rewarding. No more killing someone in full ahrims + a whip and getting a seren statuette and a bunch of taters.

What's "taters," precious? What's taters, eh?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

There will be no limits in free trade IF AND ONLY IF you trade with other players. If you want to use the GE, then you can abide by it's bulk buying limits. Want to buy 5 mill D. Bones, either do it slowly with the GE saving your time while you do other things, or do it fast but having to waste time trying to buy it from other players. So, how much is your time worth?

At least the GE does not have price limits. That will be the best thing.

nukemarine.png

instantly.

What's "taters," precious? What's taters, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73AvY_FE5Ig&playnext=1&list=PL4AF541467708DF89&index=27

pere_grin.png

lol Corrupt discontinued? I doubt it but would be funny as hell.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101