Wilderness and Free Trade will return - 17 January 2011

Noobzy

*Stockpiles Rune Scimitars*

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do remove clues from the wild then... :D

Clues made you go into the old wild with its pkers, they shouldn't change that although they probably will to "protect" new/younger players. <_<

Old wild indeed, you couldn't get one hit killed by some dude with D claws or AGS...

If you're getting one hit then you're doing something wrong...

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I told you guys to wait for February. I just knew it!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I don't think they've had it planned for *that* long. I'm sure they started looking at it a while before the first vote tally, but assuming they saved the code (I can't imagine why they wouldn't), a couple months is more than enough time to merge it with content released after its removal. Also, free trade is relatively straightforward to implement compared to the wilderness, so I don't believe it was as big of a project as a lot of you think. I can even imagine some trolls asking why it takes two weeks if they're just reverting to old code, but the truth is it will be extremely buggy either way. I almost don't want to go into the wilderness for a couple months after it comes back so they can sort out all the compatibility issues they'llve missed in QA.

2496 Completionist

I don't think they've had it planned for *that* long. I'm sure they started looking at it a while before the first vote tally, but assuming they saved the code (I can't imagine why they wouldn't), a couple months is more than enough time to merge it with content released after its removal. Also, free trade is relatively straightforward to implement compared to the wilderness, so I don't believe it was as big of a project as a lot of you think. I can even imagine some trolls asking why it takes two weeks if they're just reverting to old code, but the truth is it will be extremely buggy either way. I almost don't want to go into the wilderness for a couple months after it comes back so they can sort out all the compatibility issues they'llve missed in QA.

I'm sure they've been trying to find a way to bring back it back since 2007 when it was first removed, much like Player Owned Houses there is a long path from inception, getting the systems to work, and actually implementing them.

I'm not saying they knew it would happen from the beginning, I'm just making the observation that they've probably been trying to reverse it ever since implementation.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

yay! they weren't trolling! now hopefully santas will be worth 25m like they should be!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I'm sure they've been trying to find a way to bring back it back since 2007 when it was first removed, much like Player Owned Houses there is a long path from inception, getting the systems to work, and actually implementing them.

I'm not saying they knew it would happen from the beginning, I'm just making the observation that they've probably been trying to reverse it ever since implementation.

I'm not sure that they wanted to bring it back since the beginning. Once they made the decision to remove it they seemed pretty committed.

But, it is obvious that they did plan on restoring it well before the "poll" ever got released.

I'ma be staying away from this for at least a month after they get it right... No sense risking things needlessly.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'm not sure that they wanted to bring it back since the beginning. Once they made the decision to remove it they seemed pretty committed.

But, it is obvious that they did plan on restoring it well before the "poll" ever got released.

They were committed, and they even said at the time it was because their other options were not viable at the time, and that they would work to fix the implementation as time progressed.

Again, I'm thinking this was like Player Owned Houses. The idea may have changed, but the basics were there from the beginning until the infrastructure could accommodate.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Wow.. system update timer is up.

Everyone at W99 GE is saying AMFG@@ FREE TRADE UPDATE@@@

:Facepalm

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Wow.. system update timer is up.

Everyone at W99 GE is saying AMFG@@ FREE TRADE UPDATE@@@

:Facepalm

Now now, it is a very anticipated update. As 1 in 10 people are illiterate, that leaves a good 600,000 active Runescape members (estimated) that cannot read the front page.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It's just to wait until the 1:st of February then. I knew it wouldn't take until March, but that they would take them just 2 weeks...That's very quick for such a big update.

Time to get ready :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

WILDERNESS-IS-BACK.jpg

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

TBH; I'm looking forward to poke holes in teh answers of the QnA :D

"Always check the second trade window!"

"A bank pin keeps your items secure!"

"Never trade in the wilderness!"

*insert other bob shirt quotes*

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun