Wilderness and Free Trade will return - 17 January 2011

Noobzy

What I don't get is the "items dropped manually in wildy will be immediately visible", what's the point of this? To stop people from looting all the goodies?

It is to stop people from manually dropping their items when they're going to die for sure, just to spite the person who's killing them. I guess.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is the "items dropped manually in wildy will be immediately visible", what's the point of this? To stop people from looting all the goodies?

It is to stop people from manually dropping their items when they're going to die for sure, just to spite the person who's killing them. I guess.

Exactly that, dropping items they'd otherwise lose (or protect over other items) so they can often run back and pick them back up when they die.

I am confused by the wording of this?

While you are in the wilderness, your combat level will act as though you didn’t have any summoning, so will be a maximum of 126. All calculations regarding which other players you can fight will be based on this level, just as with F2P wilderness.

If you have any summoning levels, your combat level display will indicate this. This will give other players an idea of your “potential” to summon aid.

For example:

If you are currently a level 138 player, your combat level in the wilderness would be displayed thus:

xxepicpkerxx 126+12

If you were in level 3 wilderness, you could fight players between level 123 and 126. Those players would be able to see the +12 and so would know of your potential to summon ALL familiars – particularly dangerous in multiway combat areas.

Does this mean that even when you have a familiar summoned it doesn't add to your combat level? :pray: :ohnoes:

No, when you Summon something it would change to 138.

You couldn't summon during a fight before (in PvP worlds) because it would raise your combat and thus your opponent wouldn't be able to attack you any more unless you were deeper in wilderness.

Exactly that, dropping items they'd otherwise lose (or protect over other items) so they can often run back and pick them back up when they die.

I would imagine that this is also a means to avoid certain RWT situations wherein a player and a gold farmer would DD and the gold farmer would drop an item or coins, and the player would then wait for the elapsed time to pick them up.

nyuseg.png

Except that right now, you can't drop anything worth over 1k while in combat...But If that's the reason, I'm satisfied, because it sounds fair.

Staurolite.png

Except that right now, you can't drop anything worth over 1k while in combat...But If that's the reason, I'm satisfied, because it sounds fair.

It sounds stupid. :P Instead of the person killing you getting your stuff, your friend can pick your stuff up for you. :P

Are there any answers about what will happen to shops? This will affect me a lot because I'm buying 1k yak hides a day atm and selling them for 700gp each (for around 2.5m gp profit/hr, more if I sell the hides for more) and if they add unlimited stock back or something this won't be possible.

Also, what about the chaos tunnels? They've moving some stuff out but I haven't read about them.

Also, I don't think bringing potions/borrowed into the wilderness hasn't been thought through: what if you wanna go in the chaos tunnels or kill the KBD/Chaos Elemental or something with borrowed dragon claws and overloads?

Nothing about these changes sound good to me (they didn't initially either) and If there was a referendum now after seeing the big picture, I would expect it to be pretty close compared to what the results were.

imagangster.png

It sounds stupid. :P Instead of the person killing you getting your stuff, your friend can pick your stuff up for you. :P

Are there any answers about what will happen to shops? This will affect me a lot because I'm buying 1k yak hides a day atm and selling them for 700gp each (for around 2.5m gp profit/hr, more if I sell the hides for more) and if they add unlimited stock back or something this won't be possible.

Also, what about the chaos tunnels? They've moving some stuff out but I haven't read about them.

Also, I don't think bringing potions/borrowed into the wilderness hasn't been thought through: what if you wanna go in the chaos tunnels or kill the KBD/Chaos Elemental or something with borrowed dragon claws and overloads?

Nothing about these changes sound good to me (they didn't initially either) and If there was a referendum now after seeing the big picture, I would expect it to be pretty close compared to what the results were.

Can always go through cosmic alter route

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The same applies for killing steels and irons in Ghorrock. I guess if you want to take extremes there, you're euchred ...

nyuseg.png

The same applies for killing steels and irons in Ghorrock. I guess if you want to take extremes there, you're euchred ...

One of the trusted fansites (can't remember which one) was given an updated 'dynamic map' by Jagex that showed a new entrance to the Ghorrock fortress from a non wildy area so it's probably safe to say that extremes will still be allowed there.

Sylpheed.png

When you go in the wild, your lvl jumps to 118, as soon as you enter the chaos tunnels, it jumps to 125 again. Simple.

I am confused by the wording of this?

While you are in the wilderness, your combat level will act as though you didnt have any summoning, so will be a maximum of 126. All calculations regarding which other players you can fight will be based on this level, just as with F2P wilderness.

If you have any summoning levels, your combat level display will indicate this. This will give other players an idea of your potential to summon aid.

For example:

If you are currently a level 138 player, your combat level in the wilderness would be displayed thus:

xxepicpkerxx 126+12

If you were in level 3 wilderness, you could fight players between level 123 and 126. Those players would be able to see the +12 and so would know of your potential to summon ALL familiars particularly dangerous in multiway combat areas.

Does this mean that even when you have a familiar summoned it doesn't add to your combat level? :pray: :ohnoes:

Seems to be the case yeah. If that's true, you will be so overpowered. At least the noobs you will be killling won't be carrying any good loot.

One of the trusted fansites (can't remember which one) was given an updated 'dynamic map' by Jagex that showed a new entrance to the Ghorrock fortress from a non wildy area so it's probably safe to say that extremes will still be allowed there.

Link please.

What about the revenants? What is going to happen with them?

Revenants will be added to a new PvP enabled dungeon. Revenants will have all PvP unique drops such as brawlers, corrupt dragon and statues added to them. Revenants will no longer teleblock or freeze opponents but will continue to change combat styles and generally cause havoc.

The Forinthry bracelet now has new functionality you can use it to repel revenants and also give temporary immunity to damage from them.

Buying Forinthry braces now!@

^About that though. Do you think it means they won't attack us, but we can still attack them? As in they can hurt us, i.e easy kills -> easy money?

1251842664adamantdragonsignature.png

What about the revenants? What is going to happen with them?

Revenants will be added to a new PvP enabled dungeon. Revenants will have all PvP unique drops such as brawlers, corrupt dragon and statues added to them. Revenants will no longer teleblock or freeze opponents but will continue to change combat styles and generally cause havoc.

The Forinthry bracelet now has new functionality you can use it to repel revenants and also give temporary immunity to damage from them.

Buying Forinthry braces now!@

^About that though. Do you think it means they won't attack us, but we can still attack them? As in they can hurt us, i.e easy kills -> easy money?

"PVP ENABLED DUNGEON"

Danger wont be from revs.

Wait, so will gravestones become lootable outside of the wildy as well? Eek

Yep, and this might start a whole new batch of luring. People will bring noobs to bosses and get them killed, looting all their crap.

C1Geq.png

The gravestones idea seems like a big mistake.

This ^ but i guess it could work for things if yuor bossing with a friend who desn't have 70 pray, so that they can collect your stuuf if u die..

Also i like this lil timbit:

Will you add any safe worlds for non-pkers to use without fear of being killed?

No. Its the wilderness, its not meant to be safe.

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen