Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Just did another DG. 19 mins.... I might as well give up on practicing, because it doesn't seem I'll ever get my goal of sub 30 min larges..

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and they haven't been so good either. All over an hr...

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, and they haven't been so good either. All over an hr...

Ask people in the cc, get a good wingman and practice larges with a team. It's reaaalllly hectic in the beginning ( i'm just learning how to key, its really hard to pay attention to everything thats going on), but practice makes perfect, right ?

can't expect 20 minute larges with 148/117 teams.

I guess. I've done over 30 meds overall, and still suck at it. It wasn't with w117. It was a Friend Chat.

azeem1992.png

are you trying to do things differently?

i do occasionally get times that are bad but not always.

are you improving at all?

what is the main problem you seem to be having? if you can point out a few things, you can just work on that.

remember keys and paths just take a while, i started to use that program that wicked? made. i open my map in the beginning and put keys sometimes in the general vicinity. i don't exactly remember where it is all the time but if i pull out the map + that program - and i start running in that direction, i generally remember where i am.

if you need help changing stances, rings, combat style - try practicing. or run a few larges with the clan and practicing using the f keys, and clicking to make sure you do it in the dgs.

if you need help with puzzles - theres really nothing else to do but

a.) read and memorize what to do

b.) look up information on the puzzles and see if there's better ways to do it

-the fishing ferret puzzle in 2/3 steps

-trying to get the ferret in the room in one shot

c.) practice and do more puzzle rooms

capt%20kevin.png

are you trying to do things differently?

i do occasionally get times that are bad but not always.

are you improving at all?

what is the main problem you seem to be having? if you can point out a few things, you can just work on that.

remember keys and paths just take a while, i started to use that program that wicked? made. i open my map in the beginning and put keys sometimes in the general vicinity. i don't exactly remember where it is all the time but if i pull out the map + that program - and i start running in that direction, i generally remember where i am.

if you need help changing stances, rings, combat style - try practicing. or run a few larges with the clan and practicing using the f keys, and clicking to make sure you do it in the dgs.

if you need help with puzzles - theres really nothing else to do but

a.) read and memorize what to do

b.) look up information on the puzzles and see if there's better ways to do it

-the fishing ferret puzzle in 2/3 steps

-trying to get the ferret in the room in one shot

c.) practice and do more puzzle rooms

Abd2 are fine for me, usually get 18 min or less meds, but occults are totally different. All my floors are 25 min or longer. I try to place GGS and GS in strategic locations, but it still takes too long. With the program, my problem is I can't figure out where to place them in accordance to the map. The ferret puzzle is easy for me, but my main problem I see is slow reaction times.

azeem1992.png

I guess. I've done over 30 meds overall, and still suck at it. It wasn't with w117. It was a Friend Chat.

If you honestly can only manage 1 hour floors my advice is to do dgs with other people, observe what the best do and learn from it.. you are severely restricting yourself by being "self-taught" keying.

Why? because you will constantly be doing the SAME thing.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

the goal of the program is just to have map where you can stick the keys

it's faster then writing it down - you can just do it when in a gd

it's not to note the exact location but more of "about" where it is

between that and your map - you should have a good idea of where it should be.

capt%20kevin.png

I think I'll ask right now. :P Thanks guys, especially you ^.

azeem1992.png

I think I'll ask right now. :P Thanks guys, especially you ^.

Also it's worth remembering a keyer is only as good as his/her team, you can be the best keyer in the game and with 4 idiots you'll only manage 25-35 minutes depending on layout and what the contents of that floor are.

It's several skills you won't learn in a day but it's important you grasp the basics to play around with, the way you prioritise rooms, the movement of the GT communicating gates and responsiveness generally of your team, if everytime you shout "GTGD/GGS GD" your team takes 10 seconds to respond to it, find yourself a new team, usually I'll do one or two dungeons to try someone out... if they're bad I'll get a new fifth.

It's sampling different people, it's basing it around your standards.

You need to play around with things in your head and think after a floor what if I did this differently, for example prioritising rooms.

You have a GD and Levers to do, which do you do first? Levers, because as a keyer if you have a free-gate you tell your team "Hold gt for gd", next on levers you don't even say "on 3" because if you say 1, 2, they know what's coming.. it's pretty much known to pull on 3.

When the levers are done you say "GTGD" the team goes, and you run after levers, if you want to you can go grab the GT to run with it so you are trusting the team to stay there, the GT isn't on the floor which means you have another active gate on the map (which the GT is also the teams lifeline to you), but the problem is there if it leads to a key door you have they key to, which is again your map reading ability and knowing if its a dead end or not, which if it was you definitely need to move GT if everyone is there without question.

Definitely think about the ordering of things as I put above though CUT IDLE TIME, and team responsiveness is what you definitely need to start out getting efficient times.

I am very well known to be an angry keyer, because I have high standards... but you know when I'm shouting at you that it's because I want it done and I want it done now, and if it's someone doing something wrong in my eyes on that floor I want them to break the habit of doing it.

I could easily write an essay on keying and what would speed your floors up but again it's putting those things into practice.

Thanks big time Toad. I think the problem I was getting was that I was relying too much on med times and neglecting practicing in a large dungeon.

azeem1992.png

Thanks big time Toad. I think the problem I was getting was that I was relying too much on med times and neglecting practicing in a large dungeon.

Well when you start doing larges the best thing you can really do is communicate with your team, assign gates.. reference the map, it's YOUR job to know the map.. if you are unsure on map and you see a gate say "What's North-west", sometimes you'll find that people don't even realise there's a second door there so they will have to gate there and check, make sure it'll all accounted for.

It's worth knowing it all because moving gate there is quicker than running it, because you should sort of be expected to do the occasional gd, and for the best times you're not expected to do puzzles if you can avoid them, say "GT Toad" then say "Do barrels" that's if you have things to do or to run, otherwise get to it!

If you see a puzzle make sure it is done immediately because it can lead to key parts of the map and you really do not want it to be the only way when it could have been done.

If somebody does have a free-gate and they're waiting on something gated, and you got another player to move it to their path and the paths are diving too much you can get the free-gate to gate that old door which used to be their path, it's inter-changing of gates too.

You really can't expect somebody to have a gate which is like 10 rooms distance of each other, the funny thing is everybody has a keying style which works for them.

The best keyers I have seen use the GT largely and they prefer to have their gate free mostly and the most important door is always theirs because you know when you get that key its "gf map" basically.

Assign bad people bad gates, dead ends.. leave capable players big gates, but dead end gates are still important as they can have a key that unlocks 40% of the map.

I will try that out.

azeem1992.png

So what should I be praying on Shadow Forger? I see everyone doing something different....

anddd how many deaths per dg should I be getting without a ssh? I get usually 3-4... Idk seems like a lot

Pray Melee at all times. Other protection prayers don't work.

azeem1992.png

So what should I be praying on Shadow Forger? I see everyone doing something different....

anddd how many deaths per dg should I be getting without a ssh? I get usually 3-4... Idk seems like a lot

Melee

It's melee attack hits everyone next to it, and prayer fully protects you from it

Magic does nothing

Range only lowers damage slightly, and his range attack doesn't even always land on you (it's his slime attack)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Melee

It's melee attack hits everyone next to it, and prayer fully protects you from it

Magic does nothing

Range only lowers damage slightly, and his range attack doesn't even always land on you (it's his slime attack)

Yes pray melee. You can avoid some range attacks if you're good at dodging.

With hex sometimes its better to pray soul split.

siggya.png