Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Actually, assuming the right mix of attack and mining/smithing/herblore levels, you could smith a rapier and bind it for 2 sets of c1s, then smith a platebody and bind it for everything else. No idea if it's nearly worth the effort, since c1s are so quick already, but it's a thought.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really going to reset your binds for what's faster for C1's?

This is a joke right?

1.) C1's should take 2 minutes on average so from 1-29, let's say that's 1 hour

2.) C6 5:5 can take from 20-30 minutes plus?

Plus C1 everything is like lvl 2 anyways so you'll 1 hit it

Not to mention you start with a weapon (I usually get rapier) and a bunch of armor

AND, rapier is only decent on hellhounds? (talking about things you would encounter in C1)

Anything else you can just mage

capt%20kevin.png

I can't mage. I don't have 70 RC and probably will never get it.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

29az7yv.png

Entire floor without moving, only teleporting, sup.

Getting to the ladder was annoying.

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

We're talking about c1s, you get some free runes.

Edit: Wait, so you don't have 70 rc, don't intend to get it, and the part of bind advice you question isn't the part where you got told to bind a csb?

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

LitterBig told me to mage, but I can't mage cuz I don't have CSB or the means to make good runes.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Are you really going to reset your binds for what's faster for C1's?

This is a joke right?

1.) C1's should take 2 minutes on average so from 1-29, let's say that's 1 hour

2.) C6 5:5 can take from 20-30 minutes plus?

Plus C1 everything is like lvl 2 anyways so you'll 1 hit it

Not to mention you start with a weapon (I usually get rapier) and a bunch of armor

AND, rapier is only decent on hellhounds? (talking about things you would encounter in C1)Anything else you can just mage

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

^ ?

azeem1992.png

Litterbug was talking about c1s, you start with runes in c1s so your runecrafting/ammo bind doesn't matter. Getting back to the original question: Your best 2h and platebody, either laws or cosmics for your ammo bind, I think laws are better but you'd have to get a second opinion on that, those two are easy enough to switch anyway (assuming you have 54 runecrafting here).

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Litterbug was talking about c1s, you start with runes in c1s so your runecrafting/ammo bind doesn't matter. Getting back to the original question: Your best 2h and platebody, either laws or cosmics for your ammo bind, I think laws are better but you'd have to get a second opinion on that, those two are easy enough to switch anyway (assuming you have 54 runecrafting here).

I only have 51 rc, but that question was for someone else. Now I am talking about me. If I hate rc, should I just get 54 for now then bind bloods?

azeem1992.png

3 levels can be penguined or tears of guthixed easily enough (assuming it's your lowest). I'm not sure on this but I'd think bloods would be worth considering if you can get some airs quickly, though the guidelines would suggest otherwise and I'd go with them unless a rank says otherwise.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I honestly doubt I can ever get 70 RC, so that is most likely out.

azeem1992.png

So Platebody > Rapier, even if it means sacrificing DPS on C1 Floors. You weren't specific enough, so I'll need more opinions. Thanks anyways.

You should be spawning wiith a rapier in your inventory for C1's if you want to use one that badly.

I told you exactly what to bind, how is that not specific enough? If you won't get 70 rc for csb then bind laws. Then bind the highest plate you can and the highest 2h you can.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Why is it that so many ranked dgsers hate people building altars? Fair enough if there's one adjacent to base but in the past week I've been told off by several people for building one. From starting to teleport home to the end of construction it takes 45 seconds to build and if there are no easily accessible altars can quite easily save each person at least one death each. Considering 1 death is -13%, unless you take over 2 minutes to build an altar then it is more efficient to construct one. Thoughts?

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Why is it that so many ranked dgsers hate people building altars? Fair enough if there's one adjacent to base but in the past week I've been told off by several people for building one. From starting to teleport home to the end of construction it takes 45 seconds to build and if there are no easily accessible altars can quite easily save each person at least one death each. Considering 1 death is -13%, unless you take over 2 minutes to build an altar then it is more efficient to construct one. Thoughts?

It depends on how far you are through the dung. The further you go then worthwhile it becomes.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Zod earlier you built an altar during a gd when there was an altar near ht...

SO maybe you should do it more losslessly and people won't get annoyed.

If non suiciding I sometimes assign someone to gate an altar. Tho I often have them overgate it.

ALSO most people ignore featherfoil & buckthorn herbs, which restore like 20 pray points and I make for the keyer usually when I find herbs. Ofc don't farm them or make them during gds.. but yea

You really don't need to build an altar if you conserve pray, and do things I mentioned.

siggya.png

Zod earlier you built an altar during a gd when there was an altar near ht...

SO maybe you should do it more losslessly and people won't get annoyed.

If non suiciding I sometimes assign someone to gate an altar. Tho I often have them overgate it.

ALSO most people ignore featherfoil & buckthorn herbs, which restore like 20 pray points and I make for the keyer usually when I find herbs. Ofc don't farm them or make them during gds.. but yea

You really don't need to build an altar if you conserve pray, and do things I mentioned.

This morning was one of many occasions. What actually happened was that the keyer said there was an altar 2w1s of ht, i went through rape room to get there and the room didnt even exist, I then went to the next room and it wasn't there either. Up until this point there was no gd ongoing (or at least it hadn't been called). I then went back to ht and bought supps for altar at which point gd was called and I spent a further 20 secs building altar because I had no hp and unhooded cos of rape room and would probs have died as soon as i gt'd. That's kinda irrelevant but I felt I needed to say it so people realise I'm not some random [developmentally delayed] that has full hp and pray and randomly decides to build alt during gd.

TLDR: If I'd built the altar in the first place rather than searching, it would have been lossless.

Good point about the featherfoil/buckthorn herbs though, I'd never bothered collecting them before but I guess they do have a use.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

zod that was pretty [developmentally delayed]ed. shoulda just sucked up a death instead of wasting the team's time, pray and hp during that time.

and an altar wastes the resources for ragers, which is much more useful.

i jsut loot buckthorn and make strong rejuv pots (and aloe/featherfoil in some cases). much faster than making an altar, and a much smaller drain on resources.

You're asking for optimal binds - and that's what everybody is telling you.

Level 70 isn't that hard of a level to get. It's about 737k and while this may not be the funnest skill - if you want to have faster times and use a csb, that's what it's going to take.

If you're looking for specific reasons why items are binded it is:

a.) they yield optimal dps in team dungeoneering

^obviously it's not always the best considering what else your team has binded

however, 2h has slash and crush as well as high slash/crush attack values

b.) csb is important because it takes care of warriors who generally have high defense as well as various high leveled monsters (greater demons, not ghost room ghosts?, and fire giants among other things)

CSB is generally going to be better then law or cosmic because it takes care of two types of runes

For additional information on rapier vs 2h, you can go back a few page where Grimy explicitly states reason (and accompanies it with % if you really want to know the difference)

--

For the altar question, I think that some people get frustrated when they're the only one in a GD so sometimes you might be called out for it.

Obvious if it's idle down time and you build it - nobody would have a problem.

I think a clear solution would be for Jagex to nerf deaths. 13% for one death?

Sometimes, they're just not avoidable even if you played the game perfectly.

Such a large percentage also makes people want to not gtgd as fast or hide behind walls while things are being cleared.

As for ragers - should everybody have one?

I generally make one during idle/after death but on abd/occs nobody really makes them. I've seen a max of one other player make ragers, and sometimes they make more then one pouch and drop scrolls at boss.

I thought that they were useful during gd's (I try to cast their special move on high leveled hero tank monsters that refuse to die) but it seems that not many people make them. Is there a reason why?

capt%20kevin.png

I die loads, it's not too much of an issue for me but it's pointless to die when you have more than enough cash for an altar and you'd be idle anyway. As for ragers being more useful than an altar, I disgaree. An altar can potentially save each person from dying 3 times (obviously this is unlikely to happen but still possible) which, when you equate time and xp, means that ragers would have to make the dungeon about 6 minutes faster which is ridiculous and never gonna happen.

In response to litter, I disagree, if deaths were nerfed everyone would suicide and dg would be [cabbage].

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I'm not saying nerf deaths so that it's no penalty.

I was just that, with the nerfing of deaths - people wouldn't be so scared of running into GD's which I see is a problem now.

I think that a lot of the times in DGS - people try to go for minimum floor time as opposed to maximum exp/hr.

This is probably to train one's DG-ing skill and as you DG, you'll pick up tricks that will minimize your deaths.

capt%20kevin.png

As for ragers - should everybody have one?

I generally make one during idle/after death but on abd/occs nobody really makes them. I've seen a max of one other player make ragers, and sometimes they make more then one pouch and drop scrolls at boss.

I thought that they were useful during gd's (I try to cast their special move on high leveled hero tank monsters that refuse to die) but it seems that not many people make them. Is there a reason why?

Yes, you should get one asap. They're immensely useful in gds, but people fail to realize this until they get into the habit of making them; most low-leveled players--those who do abds/occs most frequently--haven't come to this point yet. Thus you don't see them on lower floors as commonly as you do in warps. Once you do a boss with a team with ~four ragers, you'll see why they're worth the 15s it takes to make them.

Also, I've noticed a lot of misused ragers recently. Just because you have one doesn't mean it's attacking things for you. Many people who are new to the land of making ragers should remember to call their ragers or tell them to attack new monsters as much as possible to maximize the ragers' benefit.

I'm not saying nerf deaths so that it's no penalty.

I was just that, with the nerfing of deaths - people wouldn't be so scared of running into GD's which I see is a problem now.

I think that a lot of the times in DGS - people try to go for minimum floor time as opposed to maximum exp/hr.

This is probably to train one's DG-ing skill and as you DG, you'll pick up tricks that will minimize your deaths.

People don't rush into gds because they're bad dungeoneers. I constantly have to bark at new players to get into rooms as I find myself (the keyer 90% of the time) to be the first into gds rather often.

As for floor times vs. experience, I don't disagree with you. The trick is finding a happy balance between suiciding and safing. I. myself, don't like dying but will certainly do so if it's beneficial. (Wrath has amazing dps, you know!)

Back to the altar discussion half a page ago: In short, only make an altar if you're actually idle. If we're one-wayed at barrels, yeah, you can go, but don't say "brb making altar" when there are four undone gds and your key(s) on the gt. I normally let people make altars if we're one-wayed by anything or if they can't help with a room (i.e., flowers, agility maze with no gd, etc.)

Our_Moon.png

practise your combat techniques - safespotting, sidestepping, correct use of prayers to avoid deaths and prayflashing to safe prayer. (SS flash if you have for HP) . It's pointless to die when you could have easily avoided the death if you were a bit smarter.

Building an altar is more then often useless, seeing as you'll almost always find one in a DG. If you desperatly need/want prayer, just remember where it is and run to it if you're idle.

The only boss an altar would be useful on is Thunderous. Even for gulega, the familiars are more important.

Also your logic about ragers needing to speed bosses by ~6mins up is false. A lost of deaths themselves are caused by the bosses, so getting through the boss quicker would also reduce the number of deaths. Bosses have a higher KO potential than most GDs. (Excluding perhaps t8+ Merc/Ramo)