Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

practise your combat techniques - safespotting, sidestepping, correct use of prayers to avoid deaths and prayflashing to safe prayer. (SS flash if you have for HP) . It's pointless to die when you could have easily avoided the death if you were a bit smarter.

Building an altar is more then often useless, seeing as you'll almost always find one in a DG. If you desperatly need/want prayer, just remember where it is and run to it if you're idle.

The only boss an altar would be useful on is Thunderous. Even for gulega, the familiars are more important.

Also your logic about ragers needing to speed bosses by ~6mins up is false. A lost of deaths themselves are caused by the bosses, so getting through the boss quicker would also reduce the number of deaths. Bosses have a higher KO potential than most GDs. (Excluding perhaps t8+ Merc/Ramo)

Having to waste a minute running across the map through rape rooms is stupid. My logic isn't false, you just don't understand what I meant. To clarify, I was assuming 0 prayer = death and there were loads of gds so everyone went through all of their prayer points 3 times. I did say that the scenario described was very unlikely to happen. Even if having an altar based saved one death per person (a fair assumption in my opinion), there's no way the same amount of cash spent on ragers would save the 2-3 minutes equivalent to the xp loss.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the time you'll be doing a boss with about 600-1000lp of food (3-5 salves, and in a fast team you'll have even less food) . If that boss isnt killed quickly, you'll run out of food and die, which makes the point of the altar ireelevant, as pray is recovered on death. Ragers would speed up the boss and when you die, your familiar spec bar recovers anyways

A lot of the time you'll be doing a boss with about 600-1000lp of food (3-5 salves, and in a fast team you'll have even less food) . If that boss isnt killed quickly, you'll run out of food and die, which makes the point of the altar ireelevant, as pray is recovered on death. Ragers would speed up the boss and when you die, your familiar spec bar recovers anyways

I really don't know what you're on about, I rarely die on bosses apart from trio/forger and sometime guluga which are all fairly rare. Considering the boss is normally killed at the end of the floor you'll probably already have run out of prayer by then anyway.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

How do i apply to be in the clan? Just show up in the clan chat?

Read the guidelines CAREFULLY before going to the clan chat. If you've done that you can enter the clan chat and start applying for floors. If anyone asks you questions about guidelines, it's your duty to answer them. Once you've been doing a few floors you can apply for recruit rank, in which case you'll also be asked questions about the guidelines.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

When I have enough cash for an altar, I typically ask the keyer to tell me if/when I should make an altar.

I don't mind taking a death to restore prayer, but making an altar is of course preferable .

I'd say sometimes it's more efficient to have someone leave an easy but long gd to make an altar.

Anyway... what I'm trying to say is that I'm not going to be the idiot running around skilling at base while the team is dying in a gd. I leave it to the keyer's discretion on when they think is a good time.

EDIT: LOL just remembered a guy I had on my team (in DGS) a while ago. Don't remember who/when.

He was missing from like half the dungeon, keyer kept asking wtf he was doing...

After a while, he asked the team for something, might have been gp.

Of course, we all asked why he needed it, why he wasn't in gds... His only response was "trust me".

Turns out he was farming herbs to make a construction pot so that he could pot to 75 con and make an altar.

I've never had a problem with building an altar.

Unless there's a GD, or puzzles/doors you specifically need to do, there's nothing wrong with building an altar.

And to the person who made the comment about an altar wasting resources....who uses t7 ragers...honestly....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

What is most effective in killing Necrolord? (I know it's rare to get him, but it still occasionally happens)

Fire Surge with empowered fire staff or Fractite arrows with a grave bow? Obviously in an ideal dungeon you'll have a hexer on the team but that isn't always the case.

I can't mage. I don't have 70 RC and probably will never get it.

You're asking for optimal binds - and that's what everybody is telling you.

Level 70 isn't that hard of a level to get. It's about 737k and while this may not be the funnest skill - if you want to have faster times and use a csb, that's what it's going to take.

If you're looking for specific reasons why items are binded it is:

a.) they yield optimal dps in team dungeoneering

^obviously it's not always the best considering what else your team has binded

however, 2h has slash and crush as well as high slash/crush attack values

b.) csb is important because it takes care of warriors who generally have high defense as well as various high leveled monsters (greater demons, not ghost room ghosts?, and fire giants among other things)

CSB is generally going to be better then law or cosmic because it takes care of two types of runes

For additional information on rapier vs 2h, you can go back a few page where Grimy explicitly states reason (and accompanies it with % if you really want to know the difference)

--

For the altar question, I think that some people get frustrated when they're the only one in a GD so sometimes you might be called out for it.

Obvious if it's idle down time and you build it - nobody would have a problem.

I think a clear solution would be for Jagex to nerf deaths. 13% for one death?

Sometimes, they're just not avoidable even if you played the game perfectly.

Such a large percentage also makes people want to not gtgd as fast or hide behind walls while things are being cleared.

As for ragers - should everybody have one?

I generally make one during idle/after death but on abd/occs nobody really makes them. I've seen a max of one other player make ragers, and sometimes they make more then one pouch and drop scrolls at boss.

I thought that they were useful during gd's (I try to cast their special move on high leveled hero tank monsters that refuse to die) but it seems that not many people make them. Is there a reason why?

Sorry, that question on binds before SSH and under 100 DG didn't apply to me. I was asking on behalf of another person. Atm, since I got hacked big time (this time the hacker changed my PIN), I only have 25k, so that's another reason I can't get RC up atm.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I can't mage. I don't have 70 RC and probably will never get it.

You're asking for optimal binds - and that's what everybody is telling you.

Level 70 isn't that hard of a level to get. It's about 737k and while this may not be the funnest skill - if you want to have faster times and use a csb, that's what it's going to take.

If you're looking for specific reasons why items are binded it is:

a.) they yield optimal dps in team dungeoneering

^obviously it's not always the best considering what else your team has binded

however, 2h has slash and crush as well as high slash/crush attack values

b.) csb is important because it takes care of warriors who generally have high defense as well as various high leveled monsters (greater demons, not ghost room ghosts?, and fire giants among other things)

CSB is generally going to be better then law or cosmic because it takes care of two types of runes

For additional information on rapier vs 2h, you can go back a few page where Grimy explicitly states reason (and accompanies it with % if you really want to know the difference)

--

For the altar question, I think that some people get frustrated when they're the only one in a GD so sometimes you might be called out for it.

Obvious if it's idle down time and you build it - nobody would have a problem.

I think a clear solution would be for Jagex to nerf deaths. 13% for one death?

Sometimes, they're just not avoidable even if you played the game perfectly.

Such a large percentage also makes people want to not gtgd as fast or hide behind walls while things are being cleared.

As for ragers - should everybody have one?

I generally make one during idle/after death but on abd/occs nobody really makes them. I've seen a max of one other player make ragers, and sometimes they make more then one pouch and drop scrolls at boss.

I thought that they were useful during gd's (I try to cast their special move on high leveled hero tank monsters that refuse to die) but it seems that not many people make them. Is there a reason why?

Sorry, that question on binds before SSH and under 100 DG didn't apply to me. I was asking on behalf of another person. Atm, since I got hacked big time (this time the hacker changed my PIN), I only have 25k, so that's another reason I can't get RC up atm.

Runecraft is profitable.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

With 250k, how can I train RC through ZMI?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

fire surge

don't make empowered, it's a waste of time finding the log

Take 35k

Buy a Corpsethorn log

Make Emp fire staff

???

PROFIT!

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

152k for altar is enough for 2, probably 3 gorg ores for ragers

There is something horribly wrong if you can't find/mine even 5-6 prom ore losslessly. The only excuse is if nobody on the team can mine them.

On the staff problem. Make the regular fire at start. Cut/pick up one log along the way, make in random RC altar.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

With 250k, how can I train RC through ZMI?

For you ZMI wouldn't be good at all, unless you get some gear and cover the loss through something like green dragon killing or something, which in fact is very good money(500k-1,3m/h). Else i would say just do graahk rcing with nats, think that will end in a zero loss situation. Yet you can't use the biggest pouch you can still peak a bit over 20k xp/h i would think, which is pretty decent to be rc. Personally never done ZMI myself and i'm 84 rc. When you begin start rcing, dont buy too much essence either. That will just drain your motivation totally, and first when you're doing rc smoothly and start getting bored just put on some good music or movie and multitask ;)

There is something horribly wrong if you can't find/mine even 5-6 prom ore losslessly. The only excuse is if nobody on the team can mine them.

On the staff problem. Make the regular fire at start. Cut/pick up one log along the way, make in random RC altar.

Thieving chests are faster than mining, and often you go through ht.

Although I usually have time to get rager + scrolls in warps while non-keying I don't always. There isn't really such thing as "losslessly" since there are a lot of things to do. I do gds, forks, try and get a big path, snape, get ragers etc.

I am lucky if I can mine 3 prom ores.

So while I do think 1 person should ideally have time to make a rager + scroll, it's not something I'd encourage much. Like yesterday I was on a team and 3 people all made ragers and were begging me for scrolls during gds??

It was a hope floor so it didn't even really matter.

I die loads, it's not too much of an issue for me but it's pointless to die when you have more than enough cash for an altar and you'd be idle anyway. As for ragers being more useful than an altar, I disgaree. An altar can potentially save each person from dying 3 times (obviously this is unlikely to happen but still possible) which, when you equate time and xp, means that ragers would have to make the dungeon about 6 minutes faster which is ridiculous and never gonna happen.

In response to litter, I disagree, if deaths were nerfed everyone would suicide and dg would be [cabbage].

I think building an altar saves like <0.5 deaths per floor.

There are times where building an altar is fine, such as a floor where you see no altars, no pray pot herbs, etc

But the majority of the time I think building an altar is a waste of time.

I'm not gonna take what you say about altars seriously until you improve your combat proficiency

Like if you're low on pray don't pray against ghosts, skele mages, lesser demons, etc

Walk around monsters to avoid melee, kite things, there are lots of small things you can do

You die because you are inexperienced, not because you need an endless supply of prayer.

siggya.png

I didn't mind altars a while ago but it gets to the point where it's like seriously guys, I come across some dungeoneers which their main focus is cash for altar.. or mining zephyrium.

If you have lots of idle time a floor, improve your keying technique because Idle time doesn't have to happen, unless its a one way with like barrels and soloable puzzles, if you communicate well as a team there should be non-stop gds, and if there isn't then you won't even be consuming prayer.

90% of the time building an altar is a waste of time

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Thieving chests are faster than mining, and often you go through ht.

Although I usually have time to get rager + scrolls in warps while non-keying I don't always. There isn't really such thing as "losslessly" since there are a lot of things to do. I do gds, forks, try and get a big path, snape, get ragers etc.

I am lucky if I can mine 3 prom ores.

So while I do think 1 person should ideally have time to make a rager + scroll, it's not something I'd encourage much. Like yesterday I was on a team and 3 people all made ragers and were begging me for scrolls during gds??

It was a hope floor so it didn't even really matter.

I die loads, it's not too much of an issue for me but it's pointless to die when you have more than enough cash for an altar and you'd be idle anyway. As for ragers being more useful than an altar, I disgaree. An altar can potentially save each person from dying 3 times (obviously this is unlikely to happen but still possible) which, when you equate time and xp, means that ragers would have to make the dungeon about 6 minutes faster which is ridiculous and never gonna happen.

In response to litter, I disagree, if deaths were nerfed everyone would suicide and dg would be [cabbage].

I think building an altar saves like <0.5 deaths per floor.

There are times where building an altar is fine, such as a floor where you see no altars, no pray pot herbs, etc

But the majority of the time I think building an altar is a waste of time.

I'm not gonna take what you say about altars seriously until you improve your combat proficiency

Like if you're low on pray don't pray against ghosts, skele mages, lesser demons, etc

Walk around monsters to avoid melee, kite things, there are lots of small things you can do

You die because you are inexperienced, not because you need an endless supply of prayer.

Show me a vid where you kite melee monsters and don't get hit. I don't understand the technique. The only thing that saves you prayer is a platebody, against some monsters. It's impossible to not use prayer, and sooner or later you will run out. If you are going to tank more monsters, that means you lose attack turns eating and may have a higher chance of dieing. Just because you suicide your floors doesn't mean you can neglect the need of other teammates.