Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I've been using Primal Rapier as my main bind since a bit before 99 and I haven't figured out what it ISN'T good for, except for SOME Skeletons. Stab seems effective against low-med level melee and ranged Skeletons and I surge the melee 156s (?) so the only thing that I can't seem to hit well are the higher mage Skeletons. Also it seems like Fleshspoiler is weak to stab, which is kind-of an added bonus.

I'm just wondering why it isn't under the list of exceptions lol (like as long as you have a CSB for high def melee monsters?)... I swear there was some discussion on this, maybe on the 3rd bind thread.

Oh, and thank you Obt for the 3rd bind thread, as I've been going by the list of monsters from there lol.

Maybe Ankous will prove resilient. I don't know what their weakness is, but that's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

it's horrendous against high tier forgotten rangers and mages

and i highly doubt it's as good on skeletons/ankous as you make it out to be.

Xpx's told me ghosts are weak to crush, so the rapier would be pretty bad on them too.

it's only 6% better dps than a primal battle axe.

And it trades off the much more valuable crush attack style, for stab.

Stab being redundant with ranged/hexhunters and occasionally redundant with magic.

and of course you lose like ~55 slash attack bonus.

Well it didn't seem quite "horrendous" on those T11 guys as long as I Turm flick appropriately, but I do that normally anyway.

I've been exclusively doing larges with friends, which is relevant only because they encourage me to kill anything that's not in a dead end, meaning I've been going out of my way to kill things to test the Rapier more thoroughly...

It's not great on Skeletons, but they're not the bane of my existence either. That's really all I was trying to say there... And I don't know what Ankous are weak to, and haven't used it on Warped floors yet.

But it seems like the best thing VS almost all Occult monsters, most importantly the really annoying ones, which is why the 2nd half of your post confuses me a bit.

Could you please go into more detail about how crush is more valuable?

Well, and, there really was discussion about it as a main bind, and I was wondering what happened to that. At 100 I will likely bind a fun crush weapon, although perhaps that's beside the point.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does DGS do about rage quitters? I've heard Tipsi did ragequit, yet I see her in chat.

She left the clan after spending 15 minutes trying to get a floor, only to have someone else come in, advertise for the same floor, and get 10 people wanting to go with them.

Well it didn't seem quite "horrendous" on those T11 guys as long as I Turm flick appropriately, but I do that normally anyway.

I've been exclusively doing larges with friends, which is relevant only because they encourage me to kill anything that's not in a dead end, meaning I've been going out of my way to kill things to test the Rapier more thoroughly...

It's not great on Skeletons, but they're not the bane of my existence either. That's really all I was trying to say there... And I don't know what Ankous are weak to, and haven't used it on Warped floors yet.

But it seems like the best thing VS almost all Occult monsters, most importantly the really annoying ones, which is why the 2nd half of your post confuses me a bit.

Could you please go into more detail about how crush is more valuable?

Well, and, there really was discussion about it as a main bind, and I was wondering what happened to that. At 100 I will likely bind a fun crush weapon, although perhaps that's beside the point.

Look you've been lectured on this by several ranked DGS'ers now and you still haven't listened.

I'm going to explain it one last time before I ask you to leave.

Our data indicates that primal rapier with turmoil flicking is still going to be 25-27% less dps than a primal battleaxe on high tier forgottens.

We don't really have much data on slashing/stabbing skeletons but most people who have tried have told us that it sucks pretty bad.

your argument is, essentially, that the primal rapier is the best weapon against a lot of occult monsters.

Sure, but at best it's better by a margin of like 6-10% over primal battleaxe.

But pit it against a skeleton or a forgotten ranger/mage/warrior, and it's over 25% worse even with turmoil flicking.

furthermore, a lot of the monsters that rapier stab is effective against, is redundant with hexhunters. Namely demons, brutes, dragons, etc.

The thing is skeletons and zombies make up the meat of the monsters in dungeoneering.

They have the most hit points, and are fairly common.

I don't know the exact number for skeletons, but presumably you'd be losing about 25% ore mor DPS compared to a primal battleaxe even with turmoil flicking.

That is NOT worth it for 6-10% dps increase on a handful of other monsters that are, like we've said, redundant with ranged/magic.

Look you have no data.

Maybe if you provided data showing us the exact accuracy of a primal rapier on a skeleton, we'd consider listening to you.

But you're holding firm to your beliefs due to some subjective opinion you've built through your experiences.

If you don't want to believe us then fine.

But this conversation has been a waste of time for too many ranked DGSers.

I don't care if you believe me or not anymore.

But I'm going to ask you to drop this topic until you actually have something constructive to say.

Naaxi.png

@ Everyone who wants to join the clan: There is no application. Read and understand the guidelines and join the clan chat when you need floors.

@ MightyMuddy: Any gold star rank can invite you back to the clan. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

my point is that wouldnt it be faster to just force instead of trying to get a perfect solve?

I just make moves until any move increases the number of wrong things, then force; it's almost certainly faster than doing a perfect solve, it's probably about the same number of total flips but no thinking necessary.

podv4.png

if you key or dps* in a fl thats sub 25 you get a medal.

*you have to get berserker/bmage or ss/berserker

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

What are all the clock times like in Obtaurian's sig and Rare pain's avatar?

Those are keyer and DPS medals which can be found on Grimy's forum. My medal means that I keyed a sub-18 minute warped floor, the black ring around the middle denoting that I died in that floor. The DPS medals have a primal helm symbol and require that the player receive both berserker and battle-mage/sharpshooter during a floor.

EDIT: I made some changes to the guidelines for added clarity:

- Added a disclaimer below the DGS clan page link to put an end to Tipiters thinking they can't join.

- Added a recruit rank description to the ranks section. It was previously under rules.

- Added links to the tip.it profiles of every mod/admin in the clan chat (except for Princess Rykudo who doesn't have a tip.it account). This should make it easier to contact any of us if there's a problem.

I'll be completely rewriting the wingman section at some point today. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, and keep them coming.

Love,

Obtaurian

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

My new dungoneering song, dedicated to this awesome clan;

http://gobarbra.com/hit/new-416011928e3d3cc489c1059dd174f684

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

This is a video of me keying a medium dungeon to practice keying and placing gatestones. How can I improve? Please be very specific. Thanks DGS!

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

This is a video of me keying a medium dungeon to practice keying and placing gatestones. How can I improve? Please be very specific. Thanks DGS!

Don't have much to say about your keying, but here are a few things about dungeoneering in general:

1. Your door lag is horrible. I believe adjusting your graphics settings might help a bit.

2. Repairing struts before mining the next rock (if you're going to repair it at all) will save you some health.

3. Use quick prayers instead of switching to your prayer tab each time. I suggest protect from magic.

4. Conserve prayer, you probably don't need to pray against a level 67 zombie.

5. Switch attack styles/prayers after clicking to attack, not before.

6. If you plan on finishing the maze, don't wait until after you've opened the doors.

7. Don't make your own arrows for Necrolord, either mage him or buy arrows from the smuggler.

8. Finish the floor (or was there an undoable door?)

Avant.png

to add to that:

piety flick EVERY GD, and Im especially unsure why you didn't eagle eye necro.

you need to know when you should styleswitch, you spent like 5 seconds switching to crush for a 20 something skelle.

you act like prayer needs to be conserved a lot more then it does. you were checking every monster before going into a room, Id just hit pray mage and switch later if needed.

I'm not sure why you didn't finish the dungeon/maze, it seemed like you didn't know how to do the maze then quit.

Necro shouldn't take that long, it took you ~5 mins.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Thanks for the comments. I know I have a long road ahead of me if I want to be a decent keyer and I try my hardest every dungeon, but somehow, I mess up somewhere. Yeah, I am a very cautious person, which is why I take so long, but I can try to be more quick at it. Keep the comments coming. :)

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Starting dunging with dgs a few days ago mostly keying to try and get better.

Would like to thank blade for trying to help me improve my keying :)

Oh and my friend got an hex with 2 dgsers in the team a floor ago

ScreenShot042-2.jpg

Ps: finally made an account on tif

Don't have much to say about your keying, but here are a few things about dungeoneering in general:

1. Your door lag is horrible. I believe adjusting your graphics settings might help a bit. Yeah, I will have that fixed. Thanks.

2. Repairing struts before mining the next rock (if you're going to repair it at all) will save you some health. Alright.

3. Use quick prayers instead of switching to your prayer tab each time. I suggest protect from magic. Is there a reason Protection From Magic is recommended?

4. Conserve prayer, you probably don't need to pray against a level 67 zombie. Well, I only pray if I have no food left or am trying to conserve.

5. Switch attack styles/prayers after clicking to attack, not before. Will do.

6. If you plan on finishing the maze, don't wait until after you've opened the doors. Okay.

7. Don't make your own arrows for Necrolord, either mage him or buy arrows from the smuggler. I didn't know you could buy arrows. Thanks lol. :P

8. Finish the floor (or was there an undoable door?) I know I should have, but the though of getting hurt trying to deactivate the toxic in the maze pushed me away.

To Aeli: Necro is the only boss that takes me forever to do. Idk why honestly. I think I should have a person that joins my meds and tells me if I am doing something wrong. Would any of you TIFers be willing to do that with me?

Thanks again, and again, please keep the feedback coming. :)

azeem1992.png