Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that floor sucked. And that was a bit of my fault, I guess. :s

And that second example you had bruno, thanks for correcting me there. It was a bit of a headless move. Learnt from it though.

btw litterbug. When I teled away from that ggs, it was because I pressed tele to gate just as I was told to bring the ggs, that's stuff that happens. It only takes 5 seconds to get back anyway. :)

Scherzo.png

I have a question: why is Blazer prefered over Blitzer now?

blazer saves runes compared to blitzer and it's easier to SS with it.

Yeah, that floor sucked. And that was a bit of my fault, I guess. :s

And that second example you had bruno, thanks for correcting me there. It was a bit of a headless move. Learnt from it though.

btw litterbug. When I teled away from that ggs, it was because I pressed tele to gate just as I was told to bring the ggs, that's stuff that happens. It only takes 5 seconds to get back anyway. :)

It's allright to make mistakes if you learn from them :thumbup:

Just wondering why Warps seem to be a LOT laggier for me than Abds and Occs. Was really difficult to keep up with Ouse and USA in the 3 Warps we did.

I play RS on the minimum settings I can, and yeahs, just wondering how/if I can do anything else to minimize lag.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I want to learn how to key - I was wondering what the most important aspects are.

Also, just doing larges by yourself would probably be the best way to get practice right?

I don't want to start doing 5:5 and end up torturing some poor soul just yet.

capt%20kevin.png

So I've kind of gotten bitten by the DG bug, even though I've been soloing insofar. So I've been wondering about a couple things.

1. What should my second bind be until I come across a SSH? I currently have a promethium platebody (my first bind is a gorgonite 2H sword).

3. What should my ammo bind be at this point (from what I gathered, it's supposed to be laws?), since I don't have a CSB. This creates a problem since I've reset my ring once (I had been silly and upgraded Desperado because I just solo'd to this point) and have since upgraded blazer. Should I just solo a bit more until I get the ~2,500 tokens to get T5 gatherer?

Thanks a bunch!

ozXHe7P.png

I want to learn how to key - I was wondering what the most important aspects are.

Also, just doing larges by yourself would probably be the best way to get practice right?

cant do solo large.

look at map often, anticipate dead ends so the gt is moved to the next gd, and teammates arent idle often.

give better teammates bigger paths.

get a good wingman#

and if boss is dead, and bonus room is like 1way ramo/merc/mono/ghosts, i usually say '[bleep] off jagex' and then end but that;s up to you and your team.

Ask in CC if you want a prom 2h or something made for you. I'll do it whenever I can.

Thanks for the offer, I'll probably take it. Originally I just didn't want to waste someone's time if I were going to find a Battleaxe or Rapier soon anyway but it seems my luck with T11 drops is very unreliable and I only get them when it serves to coerce me into bad choices!

Since when can you have more than 125 surges bound? :huh:

EDIT: Or was that just you charging it with more than 125?

I charged it in a solo floor so I had to use a Strong Artisan to create the Blood Runes. I didn't actually know how many it was so I made like 300 so I wouldn't have to boost again.

I thought it was 125 too, and it is, but you can fill it up to 250 for whatever reason. It won't carry inbetween floors though.

I'm loving the CSB. I can usually make a normal fire staff in the starting room. T11 warriors are actually fun to kill now!

As an aside, I wanted to ask

Is (my friend calls it this) mage-safing an acceptable (at least for DGS) tactic for Thunderous? You take damage but there's little to no chance of screwing it up, lol. Or is this considered a crutch?

I dunno if that's an often used term so I'll define it:

You stand in the center of the two safety pillars with Pro/Def Magic and surge Thunderous and just take one step to either side when he announces his special attack.

Yes, you take guaranteed damage this way, but it maxes at about 150 or so and you just walk behind the pillar to heal up.

2dgucz6.png

I have some questions:

1.- I see people don't tend to do locc for some reason, Why?

2.- I'm 95 dung and I can do my first warped, but I suck keying and I don't want to host. How often people do tend to host Low Warped?

As an aside, I wanted to ask

Is (my friend calls it this) mage-safing an acceptable (at least for DGS) tactic for Thunderous? You take damage but there's little to no chance of screwing it up, lol. Or is this considered a crutch?

I dunno if that's an often used term so I'll define it:

You stand in the center of the two safety pillars with Pro/Def Magic and surge Thunderous and just take one step to either side when he announces his special attack.

Yes, you take guaranteed damage this way, but it maxes at about 150 or so and you just walk behind the pillar to heal up.

Not only you need food but you also kill it slower, so no. Just pray melee and kill him without taking any damage at all, it's not that hard once you learn how to time it.

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

Story of my life, seen what? 60-65 gazers, 158M xp (54M suicide since 120.. that's over 100M regular xp by itself) and around 2000-2500 floors, guess what no hex.

I should probably be happy for others but.. NO I WANT MY HEX :angry:

Same, I haven't even seen a gazer in 45m xp.

Didn't u get 1 but lost in bind crash

If you're who I think you are, I was referring to a friend I used to do every floor with. I'm not even 98 ranged lol. (Not that I couldn't get it in 2-3 days.)

I have some questions:

1.- I see people don't tend to do locc for some reason, Why?

2.- I'm 95 dung and I can do my first warped, but I suck keying and I don't want to host. How often people do tend to host Low Warped?

People don't do low occults because the bosses are much more time consuming/harder and people are generally worse at a lower dung level.

The best way to practice keying is by soloing a medium dungeon, since it highly resembles a large.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

lol

euYyJ.png

Also keyer wanted me to do a boss which i have 1/15 accuracy against before running a key to a potential 3 room branch in the corner of the map but w/e.

- If you have a complaint about DGS, do not take it up with the admins or moderators in the clan chat. Doing so will get you kicked instantly. We are not going to bother arguing with people in the clan chat while others are trying to find floors, so don't do it. If you have a complaint, send a private message on Tip.it to an admin or a chat moderator. Alternatively, ask to speak to an admin or moderator privately in-game.

lol

euYyJ.png

Also keyer wanted me to do a boss which i have 1/15 accuracy against before running a key to a potential 3 room branch in the corner of the map but w/e.

MAKES PERFECT SENSE STFU STOP WHINING @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

yea yea... not everyone thinks cleary, just live with the occasional derp and keep going :/

meamzed.png

i just unlocked world-georger, can someone give me a brief summary on how to do him.

Start with condoms and lots of lube, I assume.

But I don't have 107 DG, so I don't know. D:

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

i just unlocked world-georger, can someone give me a brief summary on how to do him.

If 1-2 hexes:

Hexers kill the range eye while it's alive, csbers kill the mage eye while it's alive.

Then just normally melee the big dude.

Try and sync the death of the mage eye and the range eye.

If no hexers, I think you'd melee the range eye and do the rest the same.

If 3+ hexers, melee the melee eye and mage (hexers can melee) the mage eye, then just normally range/melee the big dude.

siggya.png

Start with condoms and lots of lube, I assume.

But I don't have 107 DG, so I don't know. D:

-Have hexers on range eye while it's active

-Have CSBers on mage eye while it's active

-If missing a bit of both, melee with CRUSH

-Ignore the melee eye unless you have 4-5 hexes, then you'd get the melee eye

-You can dodge a bit of damage by getting away from the blops that the eyes shoot

-Ragers help because when the eyes are down the boss has low defense, so the specials can actually do quite a bit of damage

-On the boss itself when the eyes are down it's debatable whether slash/crush is best

I've written a guide on map reading & team organization, relevant to keyers and dspers alike.

I highly recommend it, as I think it'd benefit most dgsers.

It is located on grimy's forums.

siggya.png