Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Is there a guide to monster weaknesses and priorities based on weapon?

98DG and I still don't know what the hell Fire Giants are weak to, aside from Magic, lol.

Nor do I know what "lower theme" monsters like hobs are weak to... been doing a lot of low floors for the benefit of returning friends and low DG clanmates.

Err, also, what difference does each upgrade to the Berserker ring make? The first post says it's non-trivial, but 230k tokens seems like quite a bit to pay for T10. I do have T9 though. :)

As far as i can remember:

Berserker raises your DPS by 1% for every tier.

Blazer raises your DPS by 2.5% for every tier

T10 Zerker = 10% DPS

T10 Blazer = 25% DPS

I could be wrong though ;)

I was hoping someone could actually define what the 1% translates to in actual max hit or... something?

Like, what does it actually do for 99 strength with turmoil and battleaxe? What's the difference between T9 and T10?

Just pointing it out, but I originally quoted myself as well; I could really use a guide on monster weaknesses.

I just got 70 RC (no surgebox yet but I'm looking -.-) and I'm, err, in between good weapons... Trying to get Battleaxe or Rapier asap but if I even got rapier I wouldn't know what to focus on anyway, aside from squishy things.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a guide to monster weaknesses and priorities based on weapon?

98DG and I still don't know what the hell Fire Giants are weak to, aside from Magic, lol.

Nor do I know what "lower theme" monsters like hobs are weak to... been doing a lot of low floors for the benefit of returning friends and low DG clanmates.

Err, also, what difference does each upgrade to the Berserker ring make? The first post says it's non-trivial, but 230k tokens seems like quite a bit to pay for T10. I do have T9 though. :)

As far as i can remember:

Berserker raises your DPS by 1% for every tier.

Blazer raises your DPS by 2.5% for every tier

T10 Zerker = 10% DPS

T10 Blazer = 25% DPS

I could be wrong though ;)

I was hoping someone could actually define what the 1% translates to in actual max hit or... something?

Like, what does it actually do for 99 strength with turmoil and battleaxe? What's the difference between T9 and T10?

Just pointing it out, but I originally quoted myself as well; I could really use a guide on monster weaknesses.

I just got 70 RC (no surgebox yet but I'm looking -.-) and I'm, err, in between good weapons... Trying to get Battleaxe or Rapier asap but if I even got rapier I wouldn't know what to focus on anyway, aside from squishy things.

I don't have any calc's on hand so i can't answer your first question

However for you not knowing what to kill and what not with specific weapons, check this thread out: http://forum.tip.it/topic/293372-third-bind-guide-andor-discussion/

Will be of great help i think

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

All of that would be completely and utterly valid...

If the difference between t7 and t9 wasn't 2%, and the difference between a chaotic and the nearest substitute is far more than 2%.

I'm a maxed player. I rely on Nex for my income, and I need plenty of chaotics for Nex. If losing 2% of ONE STYLE of damage in a dungeon ensures that I can Nex, I'll do it every time.

By your logic, no one should DG unless they are maxed, otherwise they're a detriment to their team. No one should DG without 92 herblore for the overload trick, otherwise they're a detriment to their team. There are a million other examples of this - bind choices, stat builds, all of which are accomodated for. Why should someone in my position not be allowed to prioritise? I will get the ring upgraded in 300k tokens - and if i decide to go for 120, I'd've only had t7 for 13 out of 103 million exp.

DGing is far more about tactics and attitude than raw damage output anyway, and I feel I hold my own as far as damage goes, so as long as the ranks are fine with it, I'm fine with it.

tl;dr As long as I don't run around buying CLS's or Law Staves before upgrading my ring, I feel that I should be allowed to prioritise.

You seem to be under the impression that DGS exists only as a tool for you to obtain chaotics with. DGS is not about overworld rewards, it is about creating better dungeoneers and making floors fast, efficient, and a learning experience. If that extra 2% DPS from 4/5 people is needed to be more efficient (especially when the token cost isn't that high for someone at your level), everyone should strive to upgrade his or her ring.

It isn't unreasonable to ask for one to better their skills if the levels they are at are in fact detrimental to the team (i.e. sub 60s in all door skills). However, you seem to have misinterpreted and bastardized my argument. Please don't put words into my mouth for me.

If you're going for 300k tokens, wouldn't it make sense to upgrade your ring first so that you can get those 300k tokens faster? I don't know about you, but saving time is good. In fact, you can even use that extra time to go do some Nex, if that's what you desire.

I will agree that DG tactics are far more important that an additional 1-2% DPS increase from the RoK, but really, it's not like that extra DPS is hard to get (actually, it doesn't take anymore effort. Think of it as free, additional DPS). Tokens are not hard to obtain once you are at a higher Dungeoneering level.

Are there any numbers for an approximate number of Lifepoints for the sum of all monsters in all guardian doors for an average dungeon? I feel that that number could give a rough graph on how much time can be saved per floor by upgrading the RoK.

Insert Witty Signature Here

If the difference between t7 and t9 wasn't 2%, and the difference between a chaotic and the nearest substitute is far more than 2%.

I'm a maxed player. I rely on Nex for my income, and I need plenty of chaotics for Nex. If losing 2% of ONE STYLE of damage in a dungeon ensures that I can Nex, I'll do it every time.

By your logic, no one should DG unless they are maxed, otherwise they're a detriment to their team. No one should DG without 92 herblore for the overload trick, otherwise they're a detriment to their team. There are a million other examples of this - bind choices, stat builds, all of which are accomodated for. Why should someone in my position not be allowed to prioritise? I will get the ring upgraded in 300k tokens - and if i decide to go for 120, I'd've only had t7 for 13 out of 103 million exp.

DGing is far more about tactics and attitude than raw damage output anyway, and I feel I hold my own as far as damage goes, so as long as the ranks are fine with it, I'm fine with it.

tl;dr As long as I don't run around buying CLS's or Law Staves before upgrading my ring, I feel that I should be allowed to prioritise.

You seem to be under the impression that DGS exists only as a tool for you to obtain chaotics with. DGS is not about overworld rewards, it is about creating better dungeoneers and making floors fast, efficient, and a learning experience. If that extra 2% DPS from 4/5 people is needed to be more efficient (especially when the token cost isn't that high for someone at your level), everyone should strive to upgrade his or her ring.

It isn't unreasonable to ask for one to better their skills if the levels they are at are in fact detrimental to the team (i.e. sub 60s in all door skills). However, you seem to have misinterpreted and bastardized my argument. Please don't put words into my mouth for me.

If you're going for 300k tokens, wouldn't it make sense to upgrade your ring first so that you can get those 300k tokens faster? I don't know about you, but saving time is good. In fact, you can even use that extra time to go do some Nex, if that's what you desire.

I will agree that DG tactics are far more important that an additional 1-2% DPS increase from the RoK, but really, it's not like that extra DPS is hard to get (actually, it doesn't take anymore effort. Think of it as free, additional DPS). Tokens are not hard to obtain once you are at a higher Dungeoneering level.

Are there any numbers for an approximate number of Lifepoints for the sum of all monsters in all guardian doors for an average dungeon? I feel that that number could give a rough graph on how much time can be saved per floor by upgrading the RoK.

You can be a dungeoneering purist. That's fine for you.

This clan, while focusing on people who want to get to 120 and not people who just stop at 85, still isn't a dungeoneering PURIST clan. It'd be unreasonable for these guys to slap a load of restrictions on everything, just to make their floor times look good, and this would just make the environment less fun to work with. It is a GAME firstmost, and dungeoneering is a hobby for me, not the entire experience. I've lost THREE chaotics, not just one, so it's not really even a single chaotic, that's nearly half my DG exp worth of rewards, gone.

And don't even get me started on bastardizing arguments. You've turned this around and told me to basically inhibit my whole entire enjoyment of being able to play the game how I want for the difference between a t8 and a t10 ring, which is a 2% increase in a SINGLE combat style.

You word your answers so you sound smart. You try to act helpful with a slight tinge of disrespect. But you've never Dungoneered with this clan, you've never talked to anyone, you're not even IN the clan.

Keep the opinions to the ranks, and considering your FIRST post on this thread, nay, not even on this thread but on this entire BOARD was talking about how you "hope to get a rank", I don't have much faith in you in having anyone's best interests at heart.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

This clan, while focusing on people who want to get to 120 and not people who just stop at 85, still isn't a dungeoneering PURIST clan. It'd be unreasonable for these guys to slap a load of restrictions on everything, just to make their floor times look good, and this would just make the environment less fun to work with. It is a GAME firstmost, and dungeoneering is a hobby for me, not the entire experience. I've lost THREE chaotics, not just one, so it's not really even a single chaotic, that's nearly half my DG exp worth of rewards, gone.

And don't even get me started on bastardizing arguments. You've turned this around and told me to basically inhibit my whole entire enjoyment of being able to play the game how I want for the difference between a t8 and a t10 ring, which is a 2% increase in a SINGLE combat style.

You word your answers so you sound smart. You try to act helpful with a slight tinge of disrespect. But you've never Dungoneered with this clan, you've never talked to anyone, you're not even IN the clan.

Keep the opinions to the ranks, and considering your FIRST post on this thread, nay, not even on this thread but on this entire BOARD was talking about how you "hope to get a rank", I don't have much faith in you in having anyone's best interests at heart.

The ranks aren't saying anything because they would just be reiterating what dark_Abyss is saying.

At any rate, getting hacked in Runescape is almost guaranteed to be your fault in some way, directly or indirectly. So it sucks to be you, but I don't see "I was hacked" as a valid excuse for ANYTHING in runescape.

Like I said before, everyone has a couple weeks to collect tokens before we start going nazi-elitist-efficiency-clown on everyone. No one will be exempt from the rules, as previously stated. You have plenty of leeway to get your stuff back and upgrade your ring appropriately, but no one gets special treatment beyond that.

Admittedly, buying sneakerpeepers is a noble cause.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This sounds a little unreasonable.

By your own argument - you wouldn't stop to get any reward - be it chaotics, small rewards, anything until you have maxed out your two rings right?

After all, any token not put into receiving that 1:1exp ratio or put into the ring would be detrimental to the team.

Honestly, that 1 or 2% isn't the most incredible thing ever - considering you're not standing whacking away at monsters.

Just look at the comparison between your combat exp/dg exp after a day of dg'ing. The ratio is obscenely small.

Yeah sure, "optimally" speaking, you would max out your ring asap before even going for any reward - but I think the real reason people really require T7 early on is because of the super low costs (a whopping cumulative ~13k tokens) while T8 costs more then all the levels before that put together and the percentage increase is actually very noticeable.

capt%20kevin.png

I would hardly consider myself a dungeoneering purist. If making a small sacrifice (a few tokens) to better myself and my team makes me a "dungeoneering purist", so be it.

I honestly think that you don't even read what I'm writing. Efficiency and fun are not polar opposites. They CAN co-exist together. DGS is about teaching and bettering the community by making better dungeoneers, and, yes, it is a fun atmosphere. Whatever you seem to be arguing, just think about why DGS was created.

For one, I never stated that to my knowledge. If you have the spare tokens/the ability to earn tokens quickly (which you should at higher levels anyways) you should use them on your RoK. I understand that you want to use Dungeoneering rewards in the overworld for Nex, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. What is wrong is that you were trying to bypass DGS guidelines regarding the RoK because you didn't want to give up a little bit of your time for the sake of everyone that you dungeoneer with.

Like I said, I don't think you're reading my posts. I specifically stated that I've been following the DGS thread since the beginning and that I've been doing dungeons with members of DGS for the past few months (I think since about January?) If I'm "disrespecting" you, please forgive me. I'm simply trying to help. I do empathize for your loss, as I have stated before, but sometimes things need to be put in a less pleasant way to be understood. Regarding a rank, I simply want a recruit rank so that I can stay in the Clan Chat while I'm in the lobby. As you stated yourself, this is a game, and I can't be logged in to the game at every moment waiting for a team. There are times in which that I would rather take a break and just periodically check the CC. Granted, I will earn my rank, whether it be through research or whether it be through I'm sorry that you don't have "faith" in my actions, so I'm afraid that I'll just have to be more active.

I'll take the "sounding smart" as a compliment, seeing that I've been trying to improve my writing. Thanks!

I'm not going to respond to anything you reply with, it would just be a waste of both of our time. If you still disagree with me, that's fine.

@Litterbug

I managed to purchase several rewards before I got my tier eight ring. I still got my ring to that level before 75 dungeoneering. Considering how few tokens I could obtain per hour compared to higher level dungeoneers, there's no excuse for those dungeoneers to not have at least tier 8. There is a certain point at which it is fine to wait until later levels to upgrade rings (and in that case, purchase overworld rewards (I.E. 82 Dn-87/88 Dn)), but upgrading the RoK should always have some consideration. Also, some food for thought. Upgrading from tier 7 to tier 8 is 18,750 tokens. That's really only about 4 dungeons, or about two hours or less. It's not some ungodly amount of time or tokens. Sure, it's 1/10 of a chaotic, but if you continue to dungeoneer, that's barely anything.

Insert Witty Signature Here

Just look at the comparison between your combat exp/dg exp after a day of dg'ing. The ratio is obscenely small.

This last week I got a 6.9:1 dg:combat ratio. Perhaps I'm weird, but I don't consider that obscenely small.

Neltak.png

It's not about the 1-2% difference, it's more about the attitute. Thinking you deserve some special treatment cause you were hacked is not the way to go. Tier 7-9 is around 70k tokens. That's 5 hour (rough estimate) of dungeoneering. That is a very small "sacrifice" this clan is asking. After that you can go back to hoarding your chaotics.

You say that "as long as you don't get CLS and law staves before ...", but EEKS is as much as a niche chaotic as CLS. Same (in a lesser extent) goes for maul.

Chicken, just get the ring tier and do not give us bs stories about how you got hacked(which, in all likelyhood, is an incorrect word for you being stupid with your account security).

The new guidelines very reasonably state that you only need to put 25% of your tokens forth for ring upgrades, which is very reasnoble for not only the extra damage(which is significant) but also the chance to dungeoneer with dgs. If you really think that the guidlines are there to hurt you and that you should be getting preferential treatment for any reason, you might have to consider other means of dungeoneering, cause i definitely don't want to dungeoneer with people as selfish as you put yourself out to be.

And oh yeah, i fully expect every keyer to require pictures of him having the required ring tiers from now on.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Chicken, just get the ring tier and do not give us bs stories about how you got hacked(which, in all likelyhood, is an incorrect word for you being stupid with your account security).

The new guidelines very reasonably state that you only need to put 25% of your tokens forth for ring upgrades, which is very reasnoble for not only the extra damage(which is significant) but also the chance to dungeoneer with dgs. If you really think that the guidlines are there to hurt you and that you should be getting preferential treatment for any reason, you might have to consider other means of dungeoneering, cause i definitely don't want to dungeoneer with people as selfish as you put yourself out to be.

And oh yeah, i fully expect every keyer to require pictures of him having the required ring tiers from now on.

I don't know what your problem with me specifically is, but NOTHING deserves this sort of reaction.

You need to take a good hard look at yourself and how you address others, because that's just not a fair call at all.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

You're in the clan, so you have to abide by the clan's rules. If they decide to change those rules, tough luck, you'll have to adjust to stay in the clan, or you might have to leave. It's unfortunate that you lost your chaotics, but you're being given plenty of time to get ready before they force you to have the ring requirements.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It's not about the 1-2% difference, it's more about the attitute. Thinking you deserve some special treatment cause you were hacked is not the way to go. Tier 7-9 is around 70k tokens. That's 5 hour (rough estimate) of dungeoneering. That is a very small "sacrifice" this clan is asking. After that you can go back to hoarding your chaotics.

You say that "as long as you don't get CLS and law staves before ...", but EEKS is as much as a niche chaotic as CLS. Same (in a lesser extent) goes for maul.

EEKS is useful for solo armadyl and Nex, provided you don't have a divine or elysian (which is fair enough, not all of us can just have money.)

Maul is useful for TDS, PVP, Slayer, and Nex.

CLS is ARGUABLY useful for Bandos, and that's it.

And, as far as anyone who says that being hacked was "my fault," I went 7 YEARS without it happening, and it, quite frankly, isn't your place to comment on my "bs reasons" or talk about my account security.

dungensweapers.png

You're in the clan, so you have to abide by the clan's rules. If they decide to change those rules, tough luck, you'll have to adjust to stay in the clan, or you might have to leave. It's unfortunate that you lost your chaotics, but you're being given plenty of time to get ready before they force you to have the ring requirements.

I will be getting ready. I'm fine with the 2 or 3 week introductory period, although I do think it's slightly unfair because finals are around the corner for most people and I am not immune from them, but that's what they've decided, and that's what i'll stick to.

dungensweapers.png

bulwark.png

Probably not impressive at all, but my second large dung with DGS, and first sub 30 ;).

One way'd at start, and 2 of them had no runes halfway through dung... :L. Oh and credits to lox :) Good dung'er ;)

So if you plan to meet the guidelines in the near future, why kick up such an unneeded fuss?

This isn't a "fuss", I just feel that some people, especially new people to the clan, might feel a little bit intimidated about the importance of the rings, and how you may be judging people a little bit too harshly for being a bit hesitant to upgrade their ring for such a minor damage increase, when tokens are so important especially in the earlier levels of dungeoneering.

I'm fine personally, i have 2 t8 rings now and I spent all my excess tokens on my ring, and I intend on getting t10 berserker by 102-103 DG, so it's all good.

dungensweapers.png

25% of tokens gained for rings is nothing. Also seeing as t1-8 is hardly any tokens at all it seems too me that you are now just arguing for arguments sake, and in which case I'd ask you to refrain from cluttering the thread with unwanted posts.

25% of tokens gained for rings is nothing. Also seeing as t1-8 is hardly any tokens at all it seems too me that you are now just arguing for arguments sake, and in which case I'd ask you to refrain from cluttering the thread with unwanted posts.

That's fine, if you really think that asking people to effectively pay 250k tokens instead of 200 on their first chaotic and you DON'T think that will drive people away, then that is fine.

I'm not saying that you need to have people running around with t1 zerker until 90, I agree that there need to be guidelines and at least t7 is EASY to get by 80, t8 in just berserker ring is fine, but t8 in 2 rings by 83 might be a bit hard for some people considering how marginal the benefits are, but how game changing chaotics are.

All of you have been such a high DG level for so long that I think maybe you forget how hard it was to struggle for your first rapier.

Just maybe bump the 83 req up to 85 or even 84 and it'd be much more reasonable, the other ones are fine.

dungensweapers.png

That's fine, if you really think that asking people to effectively pay 250k tokens instead of 200 on their first chaotic and you DON'T think that will drive people away, then that is fine.

I'm not saying that you need to have people running around with t1 zerker until 90, I agree that there need to be guidelines and at least t7 is EASY to get by 80, t8 in just berserker ring is fine, but t8 in 2 rings by 83 might be a bit hard for some people considering how marginal the benefits are, but how game changing chaotics are.

All of you have been such a high DG level for so long that I think maybe you forget how hard it was to struggle for your first rapier.

The clan isn't really aimed at people dungeoneering merely for chaotic equipment, though; we're trying to target the people who truly like dungeoneering and who want to get better at it.

I agree that the ring tiers may be somewhat harsh, but after you've got your first chaotic, how many more do you really, really need?

Anyway after your first chaotic it's not like you're accruing tokens at the same crummy rate as you were before.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The clan isn't really aimed at people dungeoneering merely for chaotic equipment, though; we're trying to target the people who truly like dungeoneering and who want to get better at it.

I agree that the ring tiers may be somewhat harsh, but after you've got your first chaotic, how many more do you really, really need?

Anyway after your first chaotic it's not like you're accruing tokens at the same crummy rate as you were before.

That's fine, and it's not a bad thing to want that.

A bad way to approach it though is to punish people for having the common sense to be shrewd with their tokens.

You don't get a rapier until 81 anyway (assuming you unlock all resource dungeons/use TOG/Penguins/other exp to 50 DG,) and the scroll of life, cleansing, and arcane stream are all nearly must haves these days, so we don't want to push people away who are in the 80-85 level range, are fed up with 117, and are willing to learn but are intimidated by the requirements.

Just bump the 83 req up a little bit, and the other ones are all perfectly reasonable (considering there are only really 3-4 chaotics that are useful, and most of the other rewards are VERY niché, I'd actually advocate T10 berserker being a requirement at 100 DG flat (which is over 14m exp allowing for 1.1m tokens to be spent on a CCB, Maul, Rapier, Rigour, and one of the dungeoneering shields, as well as a couple of the other rewards), with a t9 secondary ring.)

I'd actually be happy to write up a "Suggested Token Expenditure Order," for new players to DGS so they know EXACTLY what each reward is useful and not useful for, and to prevent fail expenditures (such as a CLS as a first chaotic...ugh.)

dungensweapers.png

We are not going to loosen the requirements because you deem them to be unfair, we aren't here to cater to the first chaotic/frost dragon crew.

I'm not saying to loosen the requirements, just to redistribute them.

And to integrate a suggested token expenditure order, so people know WHY you've made them, and to make them see that they actually do or don't need tokens at certain levels instead of just stating them as gospel.

I'm only trying to help, I'll write up a rough list now, but if you keep running around with your fingers in your ears, refusing to acknowledge that this skill has overworld advantages, then it's just counterproductive.

dungensweapers.png